Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Eco Lifestyle Official Countdown Thread (Now Available)!!!!

Comments

• Options
    SimTrippySimTrippy Posts: 7,651 Member
    edited June 2020
    Ok that HK server was driving me nuts, paid the 1 dollar, switched to Australia and there we go, will be done in 4 minutes hahahaha

It's doooooooooooone (ok, brain, first cook, then play :sweat_smile: I just couldn't bear looking at that slow *** download, made me feel like I'm stuck in the past)
    PQFqJoU.png
  • Options
    ParmaViolet87ParmaViolet87 Posts: 1,800 Member
    SimTrippy wrote: »
    Work REALLY didnt want to end but I AM FINALLY DOWNLOADING. Via what must be the slowest server available in HK but hey lol, here we gooooo

YEY! Have fun! :blush:

Aw haha I will, but while this thing will take 30 minutes to download (which is crazy, usually would take like 3-5 minutes tops haha), I think I'll make some dinner. I'm hungry and EL needs to be enjoyed with a full, happy stomach :D You waiting for the UK download or where do you reside?

Yep I'm in the UK and very 'patiently' waiting for 11 pm. I did consider a VPN but I think I can make it until tonight :smiley: Got a few things to play in DU before moving onto EL (getting my sim his degree first :wink: ) Enjoy your game (and dinner :D )
    giphy.gif
  • Options
    wrswrs2wrswrs2 Posts: 935 Member
    NZ has the game already? Just another reason to be jealous of NZ! lol

Do you guys think this game will be able to be added to a bundle, or probably not since it is so new? I don't really know how that works...
    http://ecoast.tumblr.com/ --- Simblr + Im Kreis Custom Content
    http://tmmts4.tumblr.com/ --- Top Model Magazine Cover Archive
  • Options
    IceyJIceyJ Posts: 4,641 Member
    jimbbq wrote: »
    How to VPN is it safe ?

I personally use TunnelBear and what it does is connect you to the internet in another country so that way you can download the game sooner.

You can NOT BUY THE GAME VIA VPN!! VPN is ONLY for downloading early ☺️☺️

Agreed TunnelBear is also great! But it's harder to get extra GB, so I usually use Windscribe hha.

So you already downloaded right AquaGamer? Looking forward to your pics!!

Downloading as we speak! Also remember to turn it off once it starts downloading to save your MB and then you only turn it back on to start the game.

Haha yes totally, I always turn it off as soon as it's downloaded :D ENJOYYYY

No no no, you turn it off once it STARTS downloading because the vpn isn’t going to be as fast as your home WiFi plus you’ll just waste gigs for your vpn. Once it’s finished you turn it back on to start the game and once the game is opened you turn it back off. ☺️

For real though, I have NO idea why this works for other people lol. It never does for me. Just tried it again, and when I turn the VPN off, Origin will refuse to continue downloading. I always have to leave the VPN on, download, then out Origin in offline mode, so I can play without it going all haywire on me. Is that just me? Maybe I need a VPN crash course haha, but whatevs, I'll play sooooon.....

All I did was click the big circle on Windscribe to disconnect. Worked fine.
  • Options
    jimbbqjimbbq Posts: 2,734 Member
    Sleep vs game .... sleep, no game, no sleep , game ! Arghh
  • Options
    DopieDopeSimDopieDopeSim Posts: 84 Member
    edited June 2020
    My VPN doesn't have New Zealand listed. Is the game released in any other country so far?

Nevermind! Downloading now
  • Options
    Freckles1971Freckles1971 Posts: 507 Member
    Got it downloading just now. B)
  • Options
    AquaGamer1212AquaGamer1212 Posts: 5,417 Member
    My VPN doesn't have New Zealand listed. Is the game released in any other country so far?

Australia
    ts4_blossom_meadows_world_icon_gif_fan_art_by_hazzaplumbob-d.gif

• Options
    Idk that’s just what the directions said to do and it worked fine for me 🤷‍♀️🤷‍♀️

• Options
    IceyJ wrote: »
    jimbbq wrote: »
    How to VPN is it safe ?

I personally use TunnelBear and what it does is connect you to the internet in another country so that way you can download the game sooner.

You can NOT BUY THE GAME VIA VPN!! VPN is ONLY for downloading early ☺️☺️

Agreed TunnelBear is also great! But it's harder to get extra GB, so I usually use Windscribe hha.

So you already downloaded right AquaGamer? Looking forward to your pics!!

Downloading as we speak! Also remember to turn it off once it starts downloading to save your MB and then you only turn it back on to start the game.

Haha yes totally, I always turn it off as soon as it's downloaded :D ENJOYYYY

No no no, you turn it off once it STARTS downloading because the vpn isn’t going to be as fast as your home WiFi plus you’ll just waste gigs for your vpn. Once it’s finished you turn it back on to start the game and once the game is opened you turn it back off. ☺️

For real though, I have NO idea why this works for other people lol. It never does for me. Just tried it again, and when I turn the VPN off, Origin will refuse to continue downloading. I always have to leave the VPN on, download, then out Origin in offline mode, so I can play without it going all haywire on me. Is that just me? Maybe I need a VPN crash course haha, but whatevs, I'll play sooooon.....

All I did was click the big circle on Windscribe to disconnect. Worked fine.

Yeah that works but then origin, in my case, immediately stops downloading and won't start again til I restart the vpn 🤷🏻‍♀️

@wrswrs2 tbf NZ got the game at 2 am their time, don't think most of them stayed up that long 😂

@ParmaViolet87 I really admire patience, it's just a virtue my hyperactive brain doesn't have 😅 like, at all. Was so hard to focus on making dinner with all the excitement but it's okay, rapidly eating my fish now, then play!
  • Options
    Idk that’s just what the directions said to do and it worked fine for me 🤷‍♀️🤷‍♀️

I mean I totally believe you guys, I remember trying it the first time years ago too, and did just now again, and a few times in between, and for me it never works xD I wish it did cause then I could use the plum HK server but I can't 😂
  • Options
    elanorbretonelanorbreton Posts: 14,549 Member
    Yep I'm in the UK and very 'patiently' waiting for 11 pm. I did consider a VPN but I think I can make it until tonight :smiley: Got a few things to play in DU before moving onto EL (getting my sim his degree first :wink: ) Enjoy your game (and dinner :D )
    Me too, I am waiting. It is tempting to do it via VPN, but I can wait. Besides, I am currently doing a Monica and alphabetizing my digital music collection :D
  • Options
    friendsfan367friendsfan367 Posts: 29,362 Member
    Me too, I am waiting. It is tempting to do it via VPN, but I can wait. Besides, I am currently doing a Monica and alphabetizing my digital music collection :D

i got the monica refrence.. thats how i got my username.
  • Options
    elanorbretonelanorbreton Posts: 14,549 Member
    @friendsfan367 yay, Friends is awesome.

Actually, I'm pretty tired today so I decided to go to bed, even though its only 7.25 lol. I have my dressing gown in easy reach with some fluffy socks ready in the pockets, just in case I wake in the early hours and really need to tiptoe down to play :D
  • Options
    ButterfreeguyButterfreeguy Posts: 633 Member
    I updated a house I built in the past. I replaced the stairs with ladders! 😊 Tomorrow, I'm getting Eco Lifestyle.
  • Options
    friendsfan367friendsfan367 Posts: 29,362 Member
    @friendsfan367 yay, Friends is awesome.

Actually, I'm pretty tired today so I decided to go to bed, even though its only 7.25 lol. I have my dressing gown in easy reach with some fluffy socks ready in the pockets, just in case I wake in the early hours and really need to tiptoe down to play :D

its hard being monica cause you obssess over everything. :)
  • Options
    Friends <3

Also, wow, I don't even really know what to do haha. I just put a bunch of solar panels on my house, and am reading through the N.A.P.'s - haven't even really visited Evergreen Harbor yet! It seems so large :D
  • Options
    Seriously though, is anyone else not at all surprised that Sulanians are massively voting for the Foodies plan?! :joy:
    t9YfKhn.png
  • Options
    Seriously though, is anyone else not at all surprised that Sulanians are massively voting for the Foodies plan?! :joy:
    t9YfKhn.png

How are you getting more points, I’m having trouble figuring out how to do it.

• Options
    idkidkidkidk Posts: 75 Member
    t9YfKhn.png

I think you just have to do friendly interactions.

• Options
    t9YfKhn.png

Chris threw a kava partner and has a degree - introducing yourself to a new sim get you 4 points, but just being friendly barely any. But it's weird cause when you move into Evergreen you just kinda get points (and my other sim suddenly had 34, she's also doing a distinguished degree though, so maybe that's why? I didn't pay attention before talking to Knox!).

Also .. is ANYONE getting massive American Beauty vibes from this? :joy:

kW40GQk.png
  • Options
    hadklaxhadklax Posts: 467 Member
    Most us don't have it yet hahaha :D
  • Options
    SilentKittySilentKitty Posts: 4,665 Member
    edited June 2020
    I loved seeing all those towns all smoggy! This is going to be so much fun :smiley:
  • Options
    IceyJIceyJ Posts: 4,641 Member
    My sim was earning influence left and right. Got quite a bit from protesting. By the way, did anyone check their bill information? All of my homes show $300 for the tax bill. Even the mansions.
  • Options
    ParmaViolet87ParmaViolet87 Posts: 1,800 Member
    LMAO I just watched Plumbella's latest video and you can recycle tombstones? :D:D

giphy.gif