Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Summer Fest Gift Exchange ~ DONE!

Comments

• Options
    GraceyManorGraceyManor Posts: 20,080 Member
    edited June 2020
    When you download lots and your missing nursery items, and the game replaces them with a bookshelf.
    :D:D That's too funny.The stuff the game chooses to replace items with LOL.I don't have sunlit tides or the playpen items
    installed in my game, so my replaced the sauna with a couch and the playpen with a bookshelf. :D:D

Thanks for the well wishes.He's doing good, they won't allow visitors into the hospital though.
  • Options
    MsPrissy88MsPrissy88 Posts: 3,122 Member
    @Ciane - Thanks for what you said, but.....

I only uploaded to the exchange. I haven't had a chance to do the write up HERE yet.
    Origin ID -- MsPrissySim

My Twitch Channel

YouTube
  • Options
    BreeMilesBreeMiles Posts: 8,910 Member
    @GraceyManor I hope your brother will be okay dear! Sending up some prayers for your brother! <3
  • Options
    seabenseaben Posts: 631 Member
    Sorry about your brother @GraceyManor sending positive thoughts
    my sims 3 shell challenges https://forums.thesims.com/en_US/discussion/974534/the-sims-3-shell-challenge-corner-challenge-4-due-july-31th/p1 or check out my sims blog https://seabensims.wordpress.com/ my Wishlist is seaben06 on the sims 3 store and my oid is also seaben06
  • Options
    edited November 2020
    SORRY THIS IS A DAY LATE! I had a wicked storm roll through last night, and it wiped out my internet. Speed was just crawling along. :s Anyway... everything is back to normal, this morning.

SIMSversary Gifts --- custard checked - NO cc

Images have been snapped... they're finally uploaded - thank you @GraceyManor for the link to PostImage.

I wanted to create a family plot, of sorts. Sure... I built (and then tore down) a couple of homes on one lot, back in the day. This time, I went for three homes on one lot!! Each one has a "different" color scheme. But, that's what makes each of them unique.

The Backstory...

Jerome & Betty Sue had a rough life, raising 2 feisty, always getting into trouble, boys - Wendall & Douglas. The boys continued their arguing and complaining about each other well into their young adult lives. The icing on the cake happened when Wendall married a former stripper - Karina West. The only problem is... Douglas has the hots for her. :o:pB)

Mom & Dad - Betty Sue & Jerome - finally had enough of their boys, fighting and arguing all the time. They bought a 12-acre plot of land, and had 3 houses built on it. Mom & Dad got the 2-story, and Wendall & Douglas each got their own.

Screenshot.jpg
    Screenshot-30.jpg
    The garden areas have all been planted, and will be taken care of BY each member of the family

DOWNLOAD -->> https://www.thesims3.com/assetDetail.html?assetId=9394451

Since there a LOT of images, I am going to put a link to each house. ((sorry. i'm trying to conserve space here on the thread))

Jerome & Betty Sue's House
    https://postimg.cc/gallery/1zbBDvm

Wendall & Karina's House
    https://postimg.cc/gallery/BtpJfSf

Douglas' House
    https://postimg.cc/gallery/x13jDP3

And now... may I present to you --- The Hick Family

DOWNLOAD --->> https://www.thesims3.com/assetDetail.html?assetId=9394452

Jerome & Betty Sue's outfits
    https://postimg.cc/gallery/x2N9qwz

Wendall & Karina's outfits
    https://postimg.cc/gallery/JJrzLwH

Douglas' outfits
    https://postimg.cc/gallery/SYYh3NJ

And there they are!!!!! ((finally)) Hope you guys will enjoy playing with this household & their houses.
    Post edited by MsPrissy88 on
    Origin ID -- MsPrissySim

My Twitch Channel

YouTube
  • Options
    I am going to wait until ALL of the Buddy gifts have been uploaded, to comment. (except for @GraceyManor's... since I already did hers) It's too hard for me to try and go back through to find everything.

I am here if anyone needs to have their gifts checked with custard
    Origin ID -- MsPrissySim

My Twitch Channel

YouTube
  • Options
    I have a question about your one tomato challenge @SamelaRita can you use the camera the game gives you to take photos to sell ?
    my sims 3 shell challenges https://forums.thesims.com/en_US/discussion/974534/the-sims-3-shell-challenge-corner-challenge-4-due-july-31th/p1 or check out my sims blog https://seabensims.wordpress.com/ my Wishlist is seaben06 on the sims 3 store and my oid is also seaben06
  • Options
    SamelaRitaSamelaRita Posts: 1,007 Member
    seaben wrote: »
    I have a question about your one tomato challenge @SamelaRita can you use the camera the game gives you to take photos to sell ?

No. It's a tough challenge! Everything you end up buying has to come directly from the one tomato - which is why you can buy other things to plant, but you can't collect seeds.
  • Options
    edited June 2020
    @MsPrissy88 That's an amazing build! I love the backstory too - could be a fascinating family to play...

I edited my post to include some photos of Bree's gift - I took the wrong ones yesterday, and couldn't exactly use them. :s

And also to include the house and family together, @BreeMiles
    Post edited by SamelaRita on
  • Options
    Thanks @SamelaRita !!
    Origin ID -- MsPrissySim

My Twitch Channel

YouTube
  • Options
    LMC6255LMC6255 Posts: 940 Member
    @Hidehi You have always amazed me with your gorgeous builds! The picturesque gazebo, the lovely scenery with the beautiful pond is gift I will enjoy immensely! :) I love that you placed the gazebo in a park setting where open air performances can be held by my Sims! Sunset Valley was a superb choice, it is one of my favorite towns and I do often play in it.. ;) Thank you!! <3
  • Options
    Hello and I hope you are having a fantastic day my dear buddy! :)

Now for the big moment! My buddy is @SamelaRita :)

First of all, @SamelaRita , I want you to know that I love, love, loved reading all your Sim stories!! You write so well! I wanted so much to leave you comments, to let you know how much I enjoyed them, but I was afraid that would spoil the surprise.. ;) Your stories inspired me and gave me many ideas for this gift! <3

I have several surprises for you that I will presenting over the next few days.. I call my gifts "The Art of Dilapidation Series" I got some of the ideas for my builds from HGTV magazine, in the curb appeal section. There I found some renovations that were done on homes that were built back in the 1800's.. This build is inspired by one of those houses..

Gift 1
    Day 1

For my first surprise I present to you a residential build that I name "My, This Place has Potential" I hope you like it. ;)
    screenshot_original.jpg
    screenshot_original.jpg
    screenshot_original.jpg
    screenshot_original.jpgscreenshot_original.jpg

https://www.thesims3.com/assetDetail.html?assetId=9394596

• Options
    edited June 2020
    SamelaRita wrote: »

No. It's a tough challenge! Everything you end up buying has to come directly from the one tomato - which is why you can buy other things to plant, but you can't collect seeds.

Ok may I ask one more thing can my sim fish if I don't sell the fish but use it for fertalizer or cooking
  • Options
    ADWilsonADWilson Posts: 6,755 Member
    @MsPrissy88
    The Hick house is good to go o:)
    The family shows CAS Part (Makeup) ~ Eyeliner (tyaf) but when I installed, only the family was visible via installed content so will give this an okay

Not sure which is more colorful ... the family personalities and dynamics or their homes. :D
    You have taken mix and match to whole 'nother level hee hee hee

Am sure this story will have several variations, depending on the player.
  • Options

Ok may I ask one more thing can my sim fish if I don't sell the fish but use it for fertalizer or cooking

Yes. You can use fish for fertiliser or cooking no problem. You just can't make any money from it...!

• Options
    @LMC6255 I love it, I love it, I love it!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! It's gorgeous!!!!! My husband came to see what I was squealing with delight about and he was really impressed too. Also by the title...love that too. Thank you so so much - and also for the kind comment about the stories too ;)
  • Options
    edited June 2020
    ADWilson wrote: »
    @MsPrissy88
    The Hick house is good to go o:)
    The family shows CAS Part (Makeup) ~ Eyeliner (tyaf) but when I installed, only the family was visible via installed content so will give this an okay

Not sure which is more colorful ... the family personalities and dynamics or their homes. :D
    You have taken mix and match to whole 'nother level hee hee hee

Am sure this story will have several variations, depending on the player.

You know.... I had noticed that as well. But, I don't use cas eyeliner. Or, any other cas cc. And NO(!) .... I don't download any, either.

Gurrrrrrl .... I told you I had a WACKY concept when I talked to you in twitter! :D:D
    Origin ID -- MsPrissySim

My Twitch Channel

YouTube
  • Options
    @LMC6255 ... Your upload is coming up as Corrupt (Not a DBPF) for me

ADDY - could you check this, please? Maybe it has something to do with Steam. Cos I play my game over there. Idk
    Origin ID -- MsPrissySim

My Twitch Channel

YouTube
  • Options
    @LMC6255
    Your gift has been checked and is good to go o:)

The name of your series as well as the title for this one made me laugh out loud! Am sure that paled in comparison to the reaction by @SamelaRita though ;)

This build already shows potential and is charming in its own way because of your skill in pulling this together. Those of us who enjoy doing renovacies are giddy with glee because we have another one to play around with. Why? Because ... My! This place has potential, of course!!
  • Options
    Thanks Addy. I have a feeling that everyone's is gonna show up that way for me. :/:'(

I'm sorry. I thought I was gonna be able to help check.
    Origin ID -- MsPrissySim

My Twitch Channel

YouTube
  • Options
    MsPrissy88 wrote: »
    Thanks Addy. I have a feeling that everyone's is gonna show up that way for me. :/:'(

I'm sorry. I thought I was gonna be able to help check.

That's too bad. Thanks for the offer of help though. Appreciate it :)
  • Options
    This is my gift to my buddy - @BreeMiles
    Who very helpfully said she liked anything and everything, just about, which is great for building, but made finding a starting point a little harder. The I read that she liked playing pets - so here's the Neri family for you, Bree.
    Family here:
    https://www.thesims3.com/assetDetail.html?assetId=9394500
    And house here:
    https://www.thesims3.com/assetDetail.html?assetId=9394499
    And this should be family and house together:
    https://www.thesims3.com/assetDetail.html?assetId=9394593

jDtb0d.jpg

More pictures here.
    yedUqW.jpg
    nHMB1b.jpg
    iExDWv.jpg
    7N7SzM.jpg
    ttyO0p.jpg
    Backstory here:
    https://samelasstories.blogspot.com/2020/06/the-neri-family.html

I built them in Monte Vista, in the Regalia court area, as you might be able to tell from the background! Number 20, to be precise.

I got it now! Thank you again for all the wonderful gifts you made me dear! I love them and will be playing them soon!
  • Options
    edited June 2020

Wait where's that challenge, I must peek at it pretty pleaseeeeeeeeeeeeeee

Oh I see I see, its a Simversary gift Challenge, Yes I will be playing this along for fun!
    Post edited by BreeMiles on
  • Options
    edited June 2020
    @GraceyManor : First of all, I am so sorry, I hope your brother is doing better, he is in my prayers.. Your build is beautiful, I love that you chose to use a rock wall for the entry, it makes the place look majestic! The décor is lovely!

@seaben : That is truly an adorable tiny house! :)

@ciane Wow! You have never failed to impress me! I love the overall style! I love both houses, they are stunning! ;)

@SamelaRita : Thank you! I am so glad you like what I built for you, I appreciate your kind words!! <3
    Your gorgeous build makes me feel like I'm in Rome on a beautiful Spring afternoon! I love the colors you used, I will definitely add this one to Monte Vista, your build is the perfect complement for Monte Vista, one of my favorite worlds!

@BreeMiles : Your build is exquisite! You are so creative when it comes to roofs! I love it! I wish I could do roofs that way.. The exterior is fantastic and the décor is sensational!! :)

@MsPrissy88 : You are so creative! I love the house (beautiful design) and family! The story of the two brothers really intrigues me.. ;) I like the parent's solution, although they may have to resort to anger management, sooner or later.. This will spark some pretty good stories! ;)

@ADWilson : Thank you so much for your kind words! I am glad that the name of my series made you laugh out loud, as you know, there will be more fun surprises.. Thank you so much for your support and help! :)

• Options
    MiaSkywalkerMiaSkywalker Posts: 3,436 Member
    @GraceyManor: Fingers crossed and knocking on wood for your brother. I hope it turns out OK!

I'm not sure exactly which gifts Addy already checked. She may have gotten them all, but there are so many, I got confused looking at the thread. So I figured, I'll check them all just to be safe. Besides, this way I can be sure to comment on all of them without inadvertently forgetting someone. :)

@SamelaRita:
    La Casa Piccola. Checked and CC free. :)
    What a lovely home! It looks great in Monte Vista (one of my favorite EA worlds), and it would also look great in the town area of my favorite world, Cotes D'Ambonnay. It's small, with plenty of space for a garden, if someone decides to add one in. It's a ncie, cozy little home, and so pretty.

The Neri family: Checked and CC free. :)
    I had to laugh when reading the description in your upload. Oh boy, those two elders are going to have a fun time raising him, aren't they? (How did you set that up in the relationships panel? Just curious, as I've never tried to do something like that.) And the poor doggy, being foisted off onto a rebellious teenager. Good luck to them all!

Neri family with house: Checked and CC free. :)
    I like that you offered a combined set in addition to the separates.

@Ciane:
    Lord of the Manor has been checked and is CC free.
    Lord of the Manor is up to your usual fabulous style. I don't think you've ever built anything that I haven't gone bug-eyed over. You've got such a good sense of style, and me, with no style sense at all, I'm completely envious. But not in a bad way, I assure you. I love how you always keep everything feeling spacious and clean, and simple as well as tasteful.

Did I already check Sweet Federalist?

@BreeMiles:
    Gift #1 has been checked and is CC free.
    Like Ciane, you're one of those whose builds I'm always in awe over. You have such a good sense of style; the furnishings in your pictures make this house look clean, spacious, and relaxing. It's a home I would definitely like to live in, if it were here in the real world. (And if I could afford it. Housing in the real world is much more expensive than in the Sims!)

@MsPrissy88:
    I know you checked it, but I downloaded it anyway. :)
    I love this layout! This all fit on a 30x30 lot? It looks much larger than that in the pictures! Love the fact that the garden areas are in the center, so any of them can work on it. I like your use of space in each of the homes. The furnishings are simple, yet attractive. It's nice to give each of the "families" their own living spaces, yet they would have the ability to come and go into each of the other homes. And since it looks like only the largest house has a kitchen area, they would all have family dinners together. That's awesome!

The family backstory made me giggle. Oh, the troubles that are brewing there! (It would be nice if there were a way to make it so that one Sim could have a relationship with another, that wasn't reciprocated. It was like that in Sims 1, but unfortunately, none of the later iterations of the game.)

@LMC6255:
    My, This Place Has Potential has been checked and is CC free.
    I laughed when I saw the name and read your description! I love the dilapidated look of this! I always build in the grunge style for my Homeless Challenge Sims, once they finish the challenge; a place like this is perfect. I love all the little details, including the rusted mill wheel. (Which they can fish from and... my, there are a lot of sharks.)

I think I've caught up now. Whew!

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file
Return to top