Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Summer Fest Gift Exchange ~ DONE!

Comments

• MiaSkywalkerMiaSkywalker Posts: 3,436 Member
    @MiaSkywalker I don't have any .dbc files in there as I have no CC.And only one .ebc file for a store item.I also don't have a mods folder.So that's what is baffling me...I'm in full panic mode...gah. Please tell me I'm not the only one who has had issues....
    Hm...that IS odd. It almost sounds like there's something corrupted in your Sims 3 folder. Try moving the DCCache folder to a different directory (not your Sims 3 folder). Oh, and delete everything in the DCBackup folder completely. Maybe also... move your SavedSims folder somewhere else. One time an upload I had wouldn't get rid of CC in it, and it turned out the CC was on a Sim that I had downloaded, and was sticking to everything. (The way that old Arezzo counter does.)
  • ADWilsonADWilson Posts: 6,755 Member
    Thanks for your help @MiaSkywalker :)
    Gracey figured it out and the custard check came back clean. Yahooey!!!
    Oh, good! Glad it worked out. :)
  • GraceyManorGraceyManor Posts: 20,079 Member
    Crisis avoided...thankfully it was an easy fix and nothing wrong with my game. :#
  • seabenseaben Posts: 631 Member
    That's great news @GraceyManor I'm looking forward to seeing what you made for everyone
    my sims 3 shell challenges https://forums.thesims.com/en_US/discussion/974534/the-sims-3-shell-challenge-corner-challenge-4-due-july-31th/p1 or check out my sims blog https://seabensims.wordpress.com/ my Wishlist is seaben06 on the sims 3 store and my oid is also seaben06
  • cianeciane Posts: 16,996 Member
    edited June 2020
    First, @ErnesaT !!! Wow! It's great to see you here simming again (or at least lurking). BIG hugs!
    Second, @GraceyManor - I'm really curious what the solution was, but I am super happy you solved it!
    Third, I made two base game only homes for the simversary, you can see the pics on seaben's shell challenge thread. Unfortunately, I forgot to save them to the bin and cleaned out my old sims 3 saves that had them in it. So, seaben has another shell challenge out and I'll try real hard to get another base game lot done, but it will be late. (I have company coming today and leaving out Sunday.)

Now, on to the gifts,
    @LMC6255 - Lovely gardens with the first house, but I'm going to agree with some others that the beach house would be my fav. I love the water!
    @SamelaRita - I was really hoping for another renovacy from you. This tomato challenge might just be too much of a challenge. I will have to try it though.
    @Hidehi - What can I say? I love all your builds and this is no exception. It's a perfect lot to play, if I can only find the time to play it!
    @ADWilson - Great idea to make a sim! Love her fun sense of style and play.

Who did I forget?
    @seaben! What talent to make a world! You rock!!!

And @MiaSkywalker - So you glad you were here to offer great insight, even if it might not have been exactly what @GraceyManor was looking for at this time. It always helps to know that others care and have your back and will step in to help you out!
    i think you got everyone @ciane but did you see my simversery thing
    seaben wrote: »
    time for the grand reveal i've made a world for the simversery right now it only has rabbit holes its custard checked heres the link https://www.thesims3.com/assetDetail.html?assetId=9394352 i plan to upload a version with homes and sims in the future but for those of you that want to shape the world how you see fit its ready for that and if any of you make base game builds for this world that i can put into the the next version feel free to send me a pm or if you experience any issues its 41 lots happy simming

my sims 3 shell challenges https://forums.thesims.com/en_US/discussion/974534/the-sims-3-shell-challenge-corner-challenge-4-due-july-31th/p1 or check out my sims blog https://seabensims.wordpress.com/ my Wishlist is seaben06 on the sims 3 store and my oid is also seaben06
    Yeah, I went back and edited my post while you typing yours!
  • LMC6255LMC6255 Posts: 940 Member
    edited June 2020
    @seaben : Love your new world it's beautiful!!

@GraceyManor : I am so glad you were able to resolve everything and that your game is working well..

@MsPrissy88 : Hello, I can't wait to see what you created!!

@MiaSkywalker : Thank you so much for your kind words! I am so glad Ocean View reminded you of the beach vacation homes, where you live.. ;) Even if you never need to rent one, there is something special about beach rentals! :)

@ciane : I am so sorry, :( I will definitely check out the pics from Saeben's shell challenge.. ;) Thank you! I am really glad you like my gardens and beach house! :)
  • MsPrissy88MsPrissy88 Posts: 3,122 Member
    I'm still uploading my images for my gifts. I haven't custard-checked mine yet, but I know they'll be fine.

I have caught up as far as reading and looking at the images of anniversary gifts that have already been presented. Good job so far, everyone!! *thumbsup* **claps**
    Origin ID -- MsPrissySim

My Twitch Channel

YouTube
    15 more minutes =) I'll let everyone know what the issue was when I reveal my gift, don't wanna give spoilers.There wasn't any "actual" cc in my game, I just didn't realize certain things that are part of the game cause issues and get labeled as CC.
    @SamelaRita
    Your one tomato challenge sounds really fun and challenging definately
    on my "must try list."
    "What I do and don't have" - Poor chad! that sounds...rough.:o
    Ella doesn't seem to have it much better! But she sounds pretty smart.

@Hidehi
    That's base game only?! :o Wow!
    I would have never guessed that! You did an amazing job
    with the recolor and furnish choices! And the exterior is adorable.

@ADWilson
    Simone sounds like a fun sim to play!
    And who doesn't love "ooey gooey cheesy goodness" I know
    I certainly do.
    Goes well with coconut.I think I know.:p
    Thanks go to everyone who made this SIMversary funtabulous! <3
    Going to wind the special event down now.

If you have a SIMversary gift to share, please do so.
    Kindly remember to designate it for this so I don't confuse it being part of the Buddy Gift Exchange, thanks!!
    edited June 2020
    ADWilson wrote: »
    Thanks go to everyone who made this SIMversary funtabulous! <3
    Going to wind the special event down now.

If you have a SIMversary gift to share, please do so.
    Kindly remember to designate it for this so I don't confuse it being part of the Buddy Gift Exchange, thanks!!

I'm getting there. I just have a lot of stuff to go through
    Origin ID -- MsPrissySim

My Twitch Channel

YouTube
    getting ready to gift my buddy, trying to get decent photos.XD
    @BreeMiles @ciane @GraceyManor @Hidehi @LMC6255 @SamelaRita and @seaben

Gifting Time starts NOW !!!
    Kindly remember to use your Buddy's name with an @ symbol so they know your lovely gift is for them.
    Be sure to designate your last gift so all know when you're done.

Whether you get one gift or a small pile, every gift is special because your Buddy put time and effort into creating something unique and personalized just for YOU.

Also ... heartfelt thanks are gifts, too.

Looking forward to seeing what y'all have made,
    Addy <3
    edited June 2020
    @seaben
    To: Seaben

Hi Seaben! I was your builder for this exchange! I had a great time building a lot for you, but I must say you
    certainly put me to the test here.I'm not used to building such a large lot.Now some of the paintings on the walls
    had to be swapped out because they were showing up as CC on custard, even though they weren't, they were painted
    by my sims.I tried to keep in mind that you have issues with store items showing up and tried to stick to what you had.
    I did find myself needing to use one store item, I have gifted that item to you, as I found it a necessity and it is the windows.
    I also read that you enjoyed skill items, so each room has multiple skill items for your sims to enjoy.

Summer Hill Court- 4 bedroom 3 bathroom home.
    Link: https://www.thesims3.com/assetDetail.html?assetId=9394453

Screenshot.jpg
    Exterior of the front.I followed a tutorial on youtube, however
    it ended up turning into something different as I couldn't figure out
    steeple roofs.XD

Screenshot-2.jpg
    The office is the first room on the left as you enter the home.

Screenshot-3.jpg
    Followed by the living room.Note: Mona lisa and photographs
    had to be swapped out.

Screenshot-4.jpg
    The living room then leads into the kitchen and dining room area.
    Note: I had to move that plant as you can see the little sneak wanted
    to sneaky sneak in the room.XD

more pics in spoilers
    Screenshot-10.jpg
    The boy's room.I tried to not use a lot of red, as I know it wasn't
    your favorite.

Screenshot-11.jpg
    The little girl's room.I left space for you to add in any toddler and
    baby items you may need, as I didn't have the walker in-game.

Screenshot-8.jpg
    My favorite room I did was the master bedroom.Note: The bird
    painting had to be swapped out.

Screenshot-9.jpg
    Small Entertainment area near stairs.Balcony leads to chairs outside.
    That was a last minute thing I added.XD

Screenshot-12.jpg
    Backyard is furnished for kids and a dog, as well as some excerise
    equipment for adults.

Screenshot-13.jpg
    With the extra space I was able to add a pool and firepit for your
    sims.

Screenshot-14.jpg
    Path leading to tree house, 1 horse stall barn and above the barn
    is a full apartment with the fourth bedroom and 3rd bathroom.

Screenshot-16.jpg
    Overview of the apartment above the barn.

Screenshot-15.jpg
    My sims grew you a small veggie garden(and we watered them
    for you before uploading!

I hope you enjoy this lot! I had fun building it.
    It was built in Sunset Valley on Summer Hill Court.
    I fixed any trees that may have been sticking through
    and wanted to sneaky sneak into the walls.XD LOL

This is my only gift, as I wanted to focus on the home.:)
    @GraceyManor
    Your gift has been checked and is good to go o:)

Summer Hill Court is a nice family home! It's filled with country charm and cozy furnishings with a style that is suited for either city or country living.
    @ADWilson
    Thanks so much! I was going for the country feel, watched a few HGTV shows
    to get inspired..
    edited June 2020
    LOVE THIS @GraceyManor !! You did a really good job on the landscaping.

Will recommend later B)

Where do you upload your images to?
    Origin ID -- MsPrissySim

My Twitch Channel

YouTube
    @GraceyManor: Wow, what a fantabulous house! That's a house I would really love to live in. Our Sims are really lucky; I envy them what they get in their homes. :D.
    edited June 2020
    @MsPrissy88
    Thanks so much! I had fun doing the landscaping.
    I use postimage.I used to use facebook, but found a lot of
    times the images would disappear!
    https://postimages.org/

@MiaSkywalker
    Aww, thank you so much! <3
    I envy my sims to.All the time.XD
    The bathroom, this is gonna be funny, but
    I used my bathroom to design this house's bathroom
    XD

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=g1sRBCuOthc
    This is what I used to help me. Couldn't figure out the fancy
    roofing, so I threw my own touch in it.
    i new it @adwilson do remember win i asked if @GraceyManor was building my gift anyways gracey i really agree with everyone about the landscaping you did a supurb job and i really like you put an apartment/living space above the barn sense i play legacy challenges but i have to say my fav thing about the build is that living room :o
    edited June 2020
    @ciane

to:ciane

sense you like tiny lots and humble begginings i made a 12k 32 tile3 sim home and i have 5 more gifts that i will reveal i will reveal 1 per day for the next 5 days https://www.thesims3.com/assetDetail.html?assetId=9394461
    Post edited by seaben on
    edited June 2020
    @GraceyManor - that landscaping is stunning! Love the center brick feature and your style throughout. Nice touches like the dog house, tree house, and picnic table in the yard along with a garden will make this home lovely to play.

@seaben - I LOVE it! That front area is perfect and all layout is great in a very creative shape! You know I'll love playing it! Did you include the link in your post?
    https://www.thesims3.com/assetDetail.html?assetId=9394461

Uploading my gift for my buddy now.

Somebody mentioned liking Federalist style homes and playing in Twinbrook.
    Somebody mentioned liking neutral colors.
    Somebody might like this:
    roof_up_original.jpg
    And can find it here:
    https://www.thesims3.com/assetDetail.html?assetId=9394467

Somebody would be my secret buddy, and this is day 1's gift. Hopefully, you'll get your other gifts one day at a time.

My secret buddy is, as if you haven't guessed already...

GraceyManor.

Oops, I forgot to say that say @MsPrissy88 that your family and lot remind me of the Hick family from the original Sims game and the Broke family at the same time. Very interesting family dynamics and great set-up!
    Post edited by ciane on

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file
Return to top