Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Which camera do you prefer in the Sims 4?

The camera that I prefer in the Sims 4 is the Sims 4 camera. I found this camera easier to use when I started playing the game and I have just been using that camera option ever since. Well, which camera do you prefer in the Sims 4?
Feel free to check out my Instagram where I post pictures of my Sims 4 Legacy at https://instagram.com/gallery.sims4

Check out some Weekly CAS Challenges here: https://forums.thesims.com/en_US/discussion/976290/weekly-cas-challenges

My SimLit Stories: https://gallerysims4.wixsite.com/simlit

Which camera do you prefer in the Sims 4? 138 votes

Sims 4 Camera
31%
Simmervilleaelias24JueJueCamkatMi9shaoscarIsb917loubyloulouKim5496teamjenChampandGirlieDaravimercy55funSindocatbecks1112annaliese393KNPenfiercephoenix91texxx78AngelEb95rjssim 44 votes
Sims 3 Camera
68%
cauatojasasimsalexspoom13alan650111AyradyssAllearslisamwittSleepycatDSLMontrase102sam123joelygirlsims2keekee53BloosmooasimbsimMeteoraStormjustChrisUkAnmirlaLadyDecafWyrrenJeansoo 94 votes

Comments

• Options
    Huiiie_07Huiiie_07 Posts: 1,200 Member
    Sims 3 Camera
    I've started with TS3 back in ~2011/12 and got so used to its camera control that the TS4 camera was just a pain to deal with. I am so glad there's the option to use the TS3 camera instead. The TS4 camera just seems too restrictive imo.
    Origin ID: Huiiie_07

I like to build stuff
  • Options
    NorthDakotaGamerNorthDakotaGamer Posts: 2,559 Member
    Sims 4 Camera
    I find the sims 3 camera too difficult to use. It is one of the main reasons I hate playing the sims 3, so why use an element I dislike?
  • Options
    izecsonizecson Posts: 2,875 Member
    Sims 3 Camera
    I have more control with Sims 3 Camera and already familiar with it, it's hard to zooming on the specific point that I want using Sims 4 Camera
    ihavemultiplegamertags
  • Options
    EnnaelEnnael Posts: 86 Member
    Sims 3 Camera
    I played TS3 so that's what I'm used to, why learn new controls when the tried and true is still available. Even so, I've always had to invert the rotational directions so when I move the mouse to the right, the camera rotates/looks to the right, and moving the mouse down, the camera looks down. It feels backwards otherwise, up is down/down is up, right is left/left is right by default. Also, the Sims 3 camera with inverted rotation works similar to World of Warcraft controls which I'm really used to as well, it feels more natural to me. The Sims 4 camera is so uncomfortable not being able to really look up or down.

My nephew even commented to me how the camera controls are way better and easier to use on my computer than his, I had to show him how to switch it to Sims 3 camera and invert the rotations.
    50617862938_30d24ee877_o.gif
  • Options
    Sk8rblazeSk8rblaze Posts: 7,570 Member
    Sims 3 Camera
    I like certain elements of The Sims 4's camera, such as the ability to easily click/drag my mouse to pan around the lot, but as @Huiiie_07 said, it does feel restrictive. Which I think is by design; they don't want you to really be viewing too much of the backdrops which The Sims 3's camera allows for (and shows parts of the world which weren't designed fully).
  • Options
    MDianaSimsMDianaSims Posts: 4,177 Member
    Sims 3 Camera
    I remember I initially used TS4 camera and didn't mind it much in live mode. But once I started building, I came to the realisation that it is extremely restrictive. You can't even properly place wall decorations in small rooms because you can't see what you're doing with walls up. So then I switched to TS3 camera and I've used it ever since, both in build and live mode.
    Gallery ID: MDianaSims | Simblr
  • Options
    gallerysims4gallerysims4 Posts: 267 Member
    Sims 4 Camera
    I don't build much, so the Sims 4 camera is easier to use. I am a Simstagrammer (a Sim Instagram) so I only use the Sims 3 camera to get in the right positions to get the best screenshots...
    Feel free to check out my Instagram where I post pictures of my Sims 4 Legacy at https://instagram.com/gallery.sims4

Check out some Weekly CAS Challenges here: https://forums.thesims.com/en_US/discussion/976290/weekly-cas-challenges

My SimLit Stories: https://gallerysims4.wixsite.com/simlit
  • Options
    GenerationSimmerGenerationSimmer Posts: 210 Member
    Sims 3 Camera
    I was so happy they gave us an option here.

When I first opened a Sims 4 game I didn't know what was happening :D
    I played Sims 3 waaayyy to much to play a Sims game with another camera setttings
    👋🏻 Hi, my name is Domi / 📍 Brindleton Bay 💛Legacy Player 🔔FOLLOW ON: TWITTER / TUMBLR
  • Options
    rjssimrjssim Posts: 1,339 Member
    Sims 4 Camera
    I like TS4 better myself. I find it easier to use.
  • Options
    mustenimusteni Posts: 5,406 Member
    Sims 4 Camera
    I have used sims 4 camera since the start. I only switch to TS3 camera in build mode when I need to free rotate items.
  • Options
    ddd994ddd994 Posts: 418 Member
    Sims 4 Camera
    I find they both have their perks. TS4 camera in live mode is so smooth and easy to use, automatically swooping into different angles as you zoom in and out. It’s tweaked perfectly for gameplay.

The camera doesn’t shift angles when in build mode however, so for finer details I might switch to TS3 camera. TS3 camera is too awkward to use full time.
  • Options
    xstxrrysequencexstxrrysequence Posts: 3,194 Member
    Sims 4 Camera
    I only use the TS3 camera when building. The TS3 camera just feels weird to me in live mode.
    image0.gif
    Do you like games that involve strategy? Do you like solving a mystery?
    Come try a Mafia Game!
  • Options
    MeteoraStormMeteoraStorm Posts: 243 Member
    Sims 3 Camera
    I just had to check because I couldn't remember!! Definitely Sims 3 camera.
  • Options
    CamkatCamkat Posts: 2,329 Member
    Sims 4 Camera
    I do prefer TS4 camera for playing, but I will use the TS3 camera for screenshots.
    Origin ID: Peapod79
  • Options
    SimsLovinLycanSimsLovinLycan Posts: 1,910 Member
    Sims 3 Camera
    The TS3 camera controls exactly (or almost exactly) like the TS2 camera, which is why I prefer it to the TS4 camera. I don't know what they were thinking, switching up the controls like that. They know that camera angles and controls are a make-or-break thing in any game with 3D graphics, they've known since 1995. Why would they change up a perfectly good camera control scheme for a wonky, awkward one? -_-;
    There is a song I hear, a melody from the past...
    5MNZlGQ.gif
    When I woke for the first time, when I slept for the last.
  • Options
    SimmervilleSimmerville Posts: 11,673 Member
    edited April 2020
    Sims 4 Camera
    Honestly, I'm not sure what cam I use. I never adjusted it and never will... and now I need to check that, LOL.

Edit: Oh... I actually use the TS3 camera! Haha, then I'm sorry I checked the wrong box, don't see how I can correct that.
    (And of course I got extremely curious to see what the TS4 camera is like...)
    Simmerville on Youtube | My blog is updated weekly: Simmerville's Sims<br>a.jpg
  • Options
    haisinhaisin Posts: 948 Member
    Sims 3 Camera
    I use TS3 camera. I guess I tried both of the cameras when I started to play and TS3 camera felt better.

I never played TS3 on PC, but I did play TS2.
  • Options
    phantasmkissphantasmkiss Posts: 1,520 Member
    Sims 3 Camera
    I figuratively can't play with the Sims 4 camera. It drives me metaphorically crazy. I want to spin things and move them everywhere using my mouse and wheel and things.

The Sims 4 camera feels so... restrictive.
    4TJdLHA.png
    Tumblr | Sims 4 Gallery | Sims 3 Page
    Baby Darling: My 100 Baby Challenge | Generation 1 | Donors 10 | Adult Children 8 | First Post | Most Recent
    Give Me a Story, I'll Give You a Build | The Bunker Challenge | CowplantSports
  • Options
    JadesimmerJadesimmer Posts: 76 Member
    edited April 2020
    Sims 4 Camera
    I fail to control sims3 camera and as a result the whole game is messed up :s
    4kTG3iX.png
  • Options
    StrictlySimishStrictlySimish Posts: 21 Member
    Sims 4 Camera
    > @ddd994 said:
    > I find they both have their perks. TS4 camera in live mode is so smooth and easy to use, automatically swooping into different angles as you zoom in and out. It’s tweaked perfectly for gameplay.
    >
    > The camera doesn’t shift angles when in build mode however, so for finer details I might switch to TS3 camera. TS3 camera is too awkward to use full time.

I agree, TS4 camera works a lot better for live mode and TS3 camera works a lot better for build mode(:
  • Options
    DeKayDeKay Posts: 81,602 Member
    Sims 3 Camera
    I find the sims 3 camera too difficult to use. It is one of the main reasons I hate playing the sims 3, so why use an element I dislike?

Did you not play TS2? It's the same camera as TS3.

I started playing TS2 (didn't play 3 at all). And found the TS4 camera to be so disorientating. XD
    My Top Song of the Day: Innocence by Avril Lavigne
    x3vZicL.gif
  • Options
    citysimmercitysimmer Posts: 5,950 Member
    edited April 2020
    Sims 3 Camera
    I've used both and I don't see what the fuss is about lol. TS3 camera gives you more control but there isn't as much difference between the two as people act like.
    Proud black simmer 🖤
    MfVGMbL.jpg

• Options
    mustenimusteni Posts: 5,406 Member
    Sims 4 Camera
    DeKay wrote: »

I started playing TS2 (didn't play 3 at all). And found the TS4 camera to be so disorientating. XD

I played TS2 (a lot) but for some reason still struggle with the TS3 camera. People saying it's the same, are you sure...? x)
  • Options
    DaraviDaravi Posts: 1,144 Member
    edited April 2020
    Sims 4 Camera

I played TS2 and the ts4 camera reminds on TS2. I have my struggles with the TS3 camera too, that was one of many reasons why I didn't played it.
  • Options
    NorthDakotaGamerNorthDakotaGamer Posts: 2,559 Member
    Sims 4 Camera

Nope, I played the first iteration for 15 years before buying Sims 4. I had no need to buy any new iteration until the old one could not be easily downloaded. I got Sims 3 on sale last year to try it and played it for 15 minutes before getting too frustrated with how the camera worked.