Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Which camera do you prefer in the Sims 4?

13...Next

Comments

• Options
    Simoleon_KachinnnngSimoleon_Kachinnnng Posts: 13 New Member
    Unfortunately I can't find any other option than Sims 4 Camera on Xbox One X. So, I guess Sims 4 Camera is my choice.
  • Options
    texxx78texxx78 Posts: 5,657 Member
    Sims 4 Camera
    Im used to 4 now. Ive read this thread yesterday and tried using 3's camera but im just too used to 4. And that's weird cause i play 3 too 😂
  • Options
    ChampandGirlieChampandGirlie Posts: 2,482 Member
    Sims 4 Camera
    TS4 camera with an optical mouse with the ability to roll around to move the camera at various angles. I much prefer using the mouse over the keyboard. I'll zoom in or out quickly to change the view.
    Champ and Girlie are dogs.
  • Options
    DeKayDeKay Posts: 81,651 Member
    edited April 2020
    Sims 3 Camera
    musteni wrote: »
    DeKay wrote: »
    I find the sims 3 camera too difficult to use. It is one of the main reasons I hate playing the sims 3, so why use an element I dislike?

Did you not play TS2? It's the same camera as TS3.

I started playing TS2 (didn't play 3 at all). And found the TS4 camera to be so disorientating. XD

I played TS2 (a lot) but for some reason still struggle with the TS3 camera. People saying it's the same, are you sure...? x)

Since I didn't play TS3 much and played TS2 more and had muscle memory of that, and using the TS3 camera in TS4 with no problem, I'd say that they're the same. XD Or maybe they should have just called it TS2 mode.
    My Top Song of the Day: Innocence by Avril Lavigne
    x3vZicL.gif
  • Options
    Admiral8QAdmiral8Q Posts: 3,334 Member
    Sims 4 Camera
    TS4 camera with an optical mouse with the ability to roll around to move the camera at various angles. I much prefer using the mouse over the keyboard. I'll zoom in or out quickly to change the view.

Perhaps why I prefer the Sims 4 camera. Good way of putting it. When I want a perfect angle, then I use the keyboard. I wonder how touchscreen would work? But that's another story...

At short range in live mode, it's pretty well the same, medium range you're up a bit more with 4 than 3. Long range you're looking down with 4. Spinning is easier with 4 than 3. With 3 it moves side to side. So with 4 I have to use the keyboard to to move left and right while looking ahead, or click and hold anywhere and pull it side to side. With 3, a bit of the opposite, have to use the keyboard to spin.
    Reticulating Splines...
    9ODVlJh.png

• Options
    KimmerKimmer Posts: 2,389 Member
    Sims 4 Camera
    I can't use Sims 3 camera at all. I've tried few times and it just throws me off the screen, I can hardly find back on the lot. I only use a mouse, I don't use keyboard at all, except when I use tab mode for screenshots. Sims 4 camera is much easier for me and I've gotten used to it.
  • Options
    CaprianaBCaprianaB Posts: 511 Member
    I've only ever used the mouse with the cameras. What keys so you use on the keyboard?
  • Options
    edited April 2020
    Sims 4 Camera
    CaprianaB wrote: »
    I've only ever used the mouse with the cameras. What keys so you use on the keyboard?

WASD or the arrow keys. Hold shift to make it move faster. Z to zoom in, X to zoom out. , and . to spin (rotate). , (comma) to rotate clockwise . (period) to rotate counter clockwise.

Yes, a mouse is much easier!

EDIT: I just tested it. To spin (rotate) with the Sims3 camera, you have to hold the mouse wheel 'button' down and move the mouse left and right. With right click held it moves side to side instead of spin. The left click button doesn't do anything. To adjust the angle hold the mouse-wheel button down and forward and backwards on the mouse. Now this is where I can see it being useful in build mode!

EDIT2: Actually, I can see the Sims 3 camera being useful for screenshots, but annoying for regular game-play. So I conclude both have their advantages and disadvantages. ;)
    Reticulating Splines...
    9ODVlJh.png

• Options
    Sims 4 Camera
    Wow! I just found this!!!!
    You can instantly switch back and forth from Sims3 and Sims4 camera by pressing:

Ctrl Shift Tab

I'm writing that down in my notepad before I forget!
    Reticulating Splines...
    9ODVlJh.png

• Options
    HermitgirlHermitgirl Posts: 8,825 Member
    Sims 3 Camera
    I didn't play 3 very long at all but I played 2 and from what I'm reading here Sims 3 camera is like Sims 2 camera.
    I know I tried for a couple of days to figure out Sims 4 when I first started playing because it defaulted to that... then out of frustration switched to 3 and I just found it easier to use.
    egTcBMc.png
  • Options
    gallerysims4gallerysims4 Posts: 267 Member
    Sims 4 Camera
    Even though the Sims 4 camera does resist some movement that the Sims 3 camera allows when I first started playing the game, I found that it was the easiest to control.
    Feel free to check out my Instagram where I post pictures of my Sims 4 Legacy at https://instagram.com/gallery.sims4

Check out some Weekly CAS Challenges here: https://forums.thesims.com/en_US/discussion/976290/weekly-cas-challenges

My SimLit Stories: https://gallerysims4.wixsite.com/simlit
  • Options
    DaWaterRatDaWaterRat Posts: 3,358 Member
    Sims 4 Camera
    Admiral8Q wrote: »

EDIT: I just tested it. To spin (rotate) with the Sims3 camera, you have to hold the mouse wheel 'button' down and move the mouse left and right. With right click held it moves side to side instead of spin. The left click button doesn't do anything. To adjust the angle hold the mouse-wheel button down and forward and backwards on the mouse. Now this is where I can see it being useful in build mode!

And if you're not using a mouse with a mouse wheel - I use a 2 button trackball - you need to press CTRL on the keyboard to get it to rotate.
  • Options
    AyeffenAyeffen Posts: 258 Member
    Sims 3 Camera
    I haven't played TS3 in so long I can't really remember but I do have a few hairy moments now and then with TS4. I don't remember having issues with the last version so that is how I've voted.
    1NraNSJ.png
    My Gallery 🏠 | Gamer 🎮 | Husband 👬
  • Options
    SharoniaSharonia Posts: 4,853 Member
    Sims 4 Camera
    I can't deal with the Sims 3 camera. I didn't play that game much so I was not used to it.
  • Options
    SERVERFRASERVERFRA Posts: 7,145 Member
    Sims 3 Camera
    It's easier to control.