Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

This silent treatment is the worst

Comments

• Options
    OmairaOmaira Posts: 666 Member
    And it would give us intense pleasure (and we are due some!) if EA would (if they can) come up with some good news for a change, you know real no "fake" good news, for some of us don't know if we will see our next birthday!
  • Options
    Erja888Erja888 Posts: 4,838 Member
    It was so great when Graham was at the April MM last year and said what to expect from the upcoming six months. We knew one EP (later to be known as: Island Living), one GP (RoM) and one SP (Moschino) were to come.
    I'd love to see a singing career in game, EA! You can't let the singing skill go to waste! My TS4 EPs: GTW, GT, CL, C&D, S, GF, IL, DU, EL, SE, CoL, HSY, GrT, HR, FR GPs: OR, SD, DO, V, P, JA, SV, RoM, DHD, MWS
  • Options
    CinebarCinebar Posts: 33,618 Member
    Erja888 wrote: »
    It was so great when Graham was at the April MM last year and said what to expect from the upcoming six months. We knew one EP (later to be known as: Island Living), one GP (RoM) and one SP (Moschino) were to come.

It's really funny they did that then, but then go back to saying they can't tell what they are working on and what will come next. How is it possible they could do it last year but not any other years before and or maybe not this year.....I don't get it. Only that he said one time they can talk about paid content anytime they want to, and so they did Last Year by announcing what would come next. Are we back to the No we can't talk about stuff excuses again?
    "Games Are Not The Place To Tell Stories, Games Are Meant To Let People Tell Their Own Stories"...Will Wright.
  • Options
    OldeseadoggeOldeseadogge Posts: 5,000 Member
    Perhaps they have forgotten (ignore?) that prolonged silence breeds suspicion & distrust, feelings of 'what are they hiding and why?'. Being honest with the folks who pay your bills goes a long way to maintaining confidence & trust, especially in difficult times. A forthright 'this is where we're at' kind of thing would really help morale among the players.
  • Options
    SERVERFRASERVERFRA Posts: 7,128 Member
    It's a shame that they don't know what good moral & good business is.
    So sad.
  • Options
    alexandreaalexandrea Posts: 2,432 Member
    They should just stop trying to beat a horse that's already dead and announce TS5 already. Imagine if they did a surprise release of TS5? That would be so cool.
    p6tqefj
  • Options
    KaeChan2089KaeChan2089 Posts: 4,944 Member
    alexandrea wrote: »
    They should just stop trying to beat a horse that's already dead and announce TS5 already. Imagine if they did a surprise release of TS5? That would be so cool.

I agree so much but, a recent tweet revealed sims 4 has years left...GOOD god, JUST end this installment already! I am getting so drug out and tired ;-;...
  • Options

Only if the quality is higher/better than now and not the possible online disaster. Personally, I'd rather they issue an updated for modern machines TS2.
  • Options
    BeardedgeekBeardedgeek Posts: 5,520 Member

I agree so much but, a recent tweet revealed sims 4 has years left...GOOD god, JUST end this installment already! I am getting so drug out and tired ;-;...

Yeah, let's pay another 1000 dollars for half the features we want!
    Origin ID: A_Bearded_Geek
  • Options
    DoodlyDoofusDoodlyDoofus Posts: 1,184 Member
    @logion that's because this is EA we're talking about. They don't even care about quality anymore and that's a proven fact.
  • Options
    CynnaCynna Posts: 2,369 Member
    edited March 2020
    Luke wrote: »
    I won't tell someone to stop playing the game ... but, when someone shows you who they are, you should believe them.

There are other studios/games out there that care much more about the art that they produce and want it to be an enjoyable experience for us as much as it is for them. I would rather dedicate my time and resources to supporting those studios/developers than a studio that is just a corporate money making machine.

I think the era of The Sims is over. That's just my humble opinion as someone who has been here since the creation of TS1. Maybe the newer generation doesn't care as much about the flaws in TS4 ... but I guarantee you that there are other games out there much more captivating for today's generation and much more dedicated to bringing a cool experience to its audience that will trump TS4 any day of the week.

The Sims used to be that game. It no longer is. The game isn't what it used to be, and that's alright. I say we just let it go at this point. Paralives is out there. I say it's time to let someone else take over for the life-sim genre because EA is too incompetent. But to each their own.

Your post is spot on. It's been a long internal struggle for me to come to grips that such a fantastic series is over for me. I still haunt the forums every now and then, hoping for some kind of news that will change my mind about the direction that The Sims has taken. However, that news never comes.

It's the passing of an era and it makes me sad whenever I think about how the series should have evolved and grown. Instead, TS4 has done the impossible. It took a groundbreaking phenomenon and simultaneously diluted and contracted it. (That's a special kind of voodoo right there.)

On the bright side, when I get the urge to play something new, I now have more time to explore games that I never thought would interest me. For example, I'm currently obsessed with Subnautica, a two-year-old game that has created a level of engagement that I haven't been able to find with TS4 on its best day. Tomorrow, maybe I'll find something that I enjoy even more. In time, there will be Paralives to explore and after that, who knows. Whatever the case may be, it will be EAxis' loss, but definitely my gain.

Old habits may die hard, but they do die eventually.
    I3Ml5Om.jpg
  • Options
    thesimmer14thesimmer14 Posts: 393 Member
    Was promotion for The Sims 3 similar?
  • Options
    drake_mccartydrake_mccarty Posts: 6,115 Member

No. Sims 3 had an online store where new content came out every month, and the EP releases were generally spaced about 6mo apart from each other with SP in between. The marketing attached to EP’s was a little longer too since those types of packs included way more stuff than they do in Sims 4.

• Options
    KaeChan2089KaeChan2089 Posts: 4,944 Member

Yeah, let's pay another 1000 dollars for half the features we want!

Meh, I feel bad that I even spent that much on this installment...;-; not worth it imo
  • Options
    Horrorgirl6Horrorgirl6 Posts: 3,192 Member

No. Sims 3 had an online store where new content came out every month, and the EP releases were generally spaced about 6mo apart from each other with SP in between. The marketing attached to EP’s was a little longer too since those types of packs included way more stuff than they do in Sims 4.

I feel like the store was better than some stuff packs.Sure things we're over priced.Such as certain sets, venues, and world.Some content we're amazing .Like cows, chickens, grim reaper door, changing table,baby swing, and etc.
  • Options
    bixtersbixters Posts: 2,299 Member
    Honestly, the Sims team and EA have done a horrible job of communicating during this epidemic.
    It would have been really easy to send out a tweet that said "Hey, we're still getting used to working from home, so things may be delayed!" Or at least give us an updated timeline for the year.
    But, nope, that's apparently too hard.
    Instead, they're advertising more than ever, with annoying ads on youtube with celebrities that no one has heard of. And trying to placate everyone with useless game codes posted on twitter that barely anyone can use.
    How about some actual news of what's going on??
    Other game companies are releasing games right now and keeping their fans informed, why can't EA?
  • Options
    Horrorgirl6Horrorgirl6 Posts: 3,192 Member
    bixters wrote: »
    Honestly, the Sims team and EA have done a horrible job of communicating during this epidemic.
    It would have been really easy to send out a tweet that said "Hey, we're still getting used to working from home, so things may be delayed!" Or at least give us an updated timeline for the year.
    Instead, they're advertising more than ever, with annoying ads on youtube with celebrities that no one has heard of. And trying to placate everyone with useless game codes posted on twitter that barely anyone can use.
    Other game companies are releasing games right now and keeping their fans informed, why can't EA?

I'm sick third adds "Play with life'Unless your sim takes a long time from eating a meal.
  • Options
    For example, here are two studios that actually decided to keep their players informed of what's going on, unlike EA:

y4mOCYMF3HY5-nHpe_E_dN5MMOZyPLnb7NvBw4UCsZ2RqqR9nvBACzbN7_U53XdwM4k4BVduh1BEKsh7iIY2ja6z_8YCouC4HM18gecOjQsWO01-TgRrrSKkhea_yyV7wVW1sv9yISf0zCzlHd9emezPdbvMW4s964fiX-U-48udWgiSWkkHr6OaeZBRMGvXiTmLWHJAuEvR3iFSK0e9QIChw?width=611&height=655&cropmode=none

y4mbpXmqB-585RmTfcTP0ODwPazeGV215yB6zYWDgFi7qyqtUd6WDTqaRaJsKRVxdCJyGvH_2muV4o6bATxz4LrzU_GB-fg0P_T63KqgN4C6nxjenBswnUiDX9oXrP54epVncwrPmfiF4bE79u6PEgByTuO2l4F0EDPT4HGWLrEl3BnnqKnreS3PTpFFIAcawYh5eGPDwp60409GX1wRzMJ2g?width=1101&height=697&cropmode=none
  • Options

I'm sick third adds "Play with life'Unless your sim takes a long time from eating a meal.

Lol I hate the "Play with Life" ads. The celebrities are a bunch of nobodies, and I've been seeing them on youtube constantly. Sorry, but it's not very life-like when your partner cheats on you, and you're so distracted by the decorations in the room that you don't even care :D
  • Options
    logionlogion Posts: 4,720 Member
    edited March 2020

Their official twitter account have become worse than ever, their #playwithlife campaign makes it seem like the sims is supposed to be better than real life, and they spend so much time on their marketing. During the international women's day, they posted a video where sims are pretending to do active careers. Custom animations and everything. But for the 20th anniversary all we got was a reskinned hot tub from 2015.

Their ads with celebrities use content from Get Famous, a pack where the actor career is broken right now because the tasks reset when you travel. And they have not patched it, the bug was reported in december.

I understand that times are difficult now, but this just feels dishonest. While other companies know that communication is important, especially in times like this, Maxis instead just leaves it up to marketing to try and paint a false picture.
  • Options
    NorthDakotaGamerNorthDakotaGamer Posts: 2,559 Member

That just basically says they will "communicate via twitter." So I do not have a very positive outlook for what they may do.
  • Options

Those other companies care. EA goesn't give a rat's tail about us. We are merely the source of their income.
  • Options

That just basically says they will "communicate via twitter." So I do not have a very positive outlook for what they may do.

Sorry to break the sad news to them, but not everyone is on twitter Info needs to be where everyone will see it. Like here.