Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

NEW UPDATE?!

Comments

• Options
    ChazzzyChazzzy Posts: 7,166 Member
    Hoverael wrote: »
    filipomel wrote: »
    I didn’t get my hopes up and yet this is still underwhelming. The fact the 10th anniversary in Sims 3 was more exciting than this says more than needs to be said.

Worse still the gurus are segregating one community (official forums) for another (unofficial on twitter) by sticking their heads in the social networking clouds and hoping not to see the negative aspects. It isn't a good message to send at all, never mind the paltry reward.

This is what i find most concerning. i'm sorry if it isn't a nice thing to say, but what else can i say? this whole thing is once again badly mishandled like the last few events of note.

I'd STILL like an apology from them from calling us at the forums lame and toxic....that hurt me more than you could ever know...

Gurus said that?? About users of their official game forum? Nah I don’t believe it. Were they joking? Strange
  • Options
    KaeChan2089KaeChan2089 Posts: 4,944 Member
    Chazzzy wrote: »
    I didn’t get my hopes up and yet this is still underwhelming. The fact the 10th anniversary in Sims 3 was more exciting than this says more than needs to be said.

Worse still the gurus are segregating one community (official forums) for another (unofficial on twitter) by sticking their heads in the social networking clouds and hoping not to see the negative aspects. It isn't a good message to send at all, never mind the paltry reward.

This is what i find most concerning. i'm sorry if it isn't a nice thing to say, but what else can i say? this whole thing is once again badly mishandled like the last few events of note.

I'd STILL like an apology from them from calling us at the forums lame and toxic....that hurt me more than you could ever know...

Gurus said that?? About users of their official game forum? Nah I don’t believe it. Were they joking? Strange

Yeah one said the reason the gurus stay away from the forum because we are so toxic...
    It HURT...very badly...
    Why you think they keep only on twitter and hardly show themselves here? They shun us....they don't like us..
    And it HURTS!
  • Options
    MissyHissyMissyHissy Posts: 2,022 Member
    Love the new hottub though <3 Happy 20th folks, and happy simming! <3
    *All my mods can be found on The Daily Plumbob*MiAqoAE.png
  • Options
    FlyingPotato659FlyingPotato659 Posts: 1,473 Member
    edited February 2020

Yeah one said the reason the gurus stay away from the forum because we are so toxic...
    It HURT...very badly...
    Why you think they keep only on twitter and hardly show themselves here? They shun us....they don't like us..
    And it HURTS!

I am 100% sure that the opinions that were made in this forum are exactly the same as the opinions made in Twitter. Never came across a Guru that ever said that the forums were "toxic". I think they usually only remind forum users to respect other people's opinions and prevent things getting heated. But they never avoid forums though.
  • Options
    OEII1001OEII1001 Posts: 3,682 Member
    OEII1001 wrote: »
    Apparently there will always be someone who will be never satisfied. Peace.

I apreciate anything we get. Thanks to gurus for their effort. It means a lot. They create the game I absolutely adore <3 I can't wait to check it in my game.

Wild thought here, but we don't HAVE to be happy with everything we get when it's a game we pay hundreds of dollars a year for.

If you're happy great. A lot of us were expecting more for the big 20.

How much did you pay for this update?

70 dollars.

For the update?
  • Options
    Sigzy05Sigzy05 Posts: 19,406 Member

I apreciate anything we get. Thanks to gurus for their effort. It means a lot. They create the game I absolutely adore <3 I can't wait to check it in my game.

Wild thought here, but we don't HAVE to be happy with everything we get when it's a game we pay hundreds of dollars a year for.

70 dollars.

For the update?

It's the base game price....
    mHdgPlU.jpg?1
  • Options
    MadameSimMadameSim Posts: 29 Member
    thecatsred wrote: »

Oof.

Also, another party type item....yay, I guess.
  • Options
    edited February 2020
    It HURT...very badly...
    And it HURTS!

To be fair, a lot of simmers have said that the forum is toxic, actually and you've got to admit, they have a point. There's a pretty 'hateful' attitude in general at the moment and the forums are pretty chock full of it. This thread is a pretty good example. The Guru's aren't obliged to release anything for the 20th anniversary. So it's nice that they have. To skim through the thread though, you'd think war had been declared, the way the shouting has started already and the patch has only been out a couple of hours. 🤷 Since when were the Sims anniversaries/birthdays just about gifts or getting something for free anyway? Can't we all just enjoy the fact that we've had twenty years of this game, which is an impressive milestone to reach? Couldn't we share stories of our early simming experiences and adventures? Does it have to be about getting something?

Happy Simming, folks <3
  • Options
    FraTacFraTac Posts: 854 Member
    It HURT...very badly...
    Really? They never saw the official World of Warcraft forums then - now those are full with toxic people and complaints everywhere. The Sims forums are all friendly and happy by comparision. :D

Anyway, the hot tub is a bit disappointing, even if I wasn't expecting anything...oh well. Thanks anyway I guess?
    xWGF2yb.png
    Simmin' since 2000
  • Options
    StrawberryYogurtStrawberryYogurt Posts: 2,799 Member
    The hot tub would look cool in an art deco styled home. It says it just the beginning of new stuff anyways so relax
    The Sims has currently lost its identity. Bring it back for TS5

FixedCoarseFawn-max-1mb.gif

Personality,depth,humor,consequences,lore,customization.
  • Options
    UniqueKhaosUniqueKhaos Posts: 470 Member
    Sad sad update. I at least hoped the solid colors for the DU short loc style for kids would be patched in but it wasn’t.
  • Options

70 dollars.

I hate the mentality. I paid for the game. "they don't have to patch in things free for you, be grateful."

Yes they do, nobody would ever play this game if they didn't support it via patches.

The mentality that we're not allowed to be dissapointed with something without people jumping on you and saying "be grateful" is also ridiculous.

For the record, my expectations were pretty low. I only expected a new trait from a previous sims game or something similar like they did last time.

This isn't a charity case. It's literally their job to come out with content that attracts and keeps players, and this update has been a massive let down. I pay over a hundred dollars a year, so that's how much it costs.

They do support the game with new content, just like every other iteration. What we're talking about is that you wanted some free stuff for the anniversary. They gave you free stuff, but you wanted other free stuff. What seems to happen is that the community sets unreasonable expectations as far as free content goes and then gets all worked up when those expectations aren't met. Maybe it isn't the dev team's fault.
  • Options
    KaeChan2089KaeChan2089 Posts: 4,944 Member
    MissyHissy wrote: »
    It HURT...very badly...
    And it HURTS!

To be fair, a lot of simmers have said that the forum is toxic, actually and you've got to admit, they have a point. There's a pretty 'hateful' attitude in general at the moment and the forums are pretty chock full of it. This thread is a pretty good example. The Guru's aren't obliged to release anything for the 20th anniversary. So it's nice that they have. To skim through the thread though, you'd think war had been declared, the way the shouting has started already and the patch has only been out a couple of hours. 🤷 Since when were the Sims anniversaries/birthdays just about gifts or getting something for free anyway? Can't we all just enjoy the fact that we've had twenty years of this game, which is an impressive milestone to reach? Couldn't we share stories of our early simming experiences and adventures? Does it have to be about getting something?

Happy Simming, folks <3

Can you blame us for being upset? It's been 20 YEARS! 20 YEARS we have devoted to this game...and we only get a lousy hottub.....
  • Options
    They do support the game with new content, just like every other iteration. What we're talking about is that you wanted some free stuff for the anniversary. They gave you free stuff, but you wanted other free stuff. What seems to happen is that the community sets unreasonable expectations as far as free content goes and then gets all worked up when those expectations aren't met. Maybe it isn't the dev team's fault.

This. I think you read my mind.
  • Options
    DianesimsDianesims Posts: 2,879 Member
    Whaaaat ? For real ? Ouch.... :cry:

It HURT...very badly...
    And it HURTS!

• Options
    ChazzzyChazzzy Posts: 7,166 Member

70 dollars.

I hate the mentality. I paid for the game. "they don't have to patch in things free for you, be grateful."

Yes they do, nobody would ever play this game if they didn't support it via patches.

The mentality that we're not allowed to be dissapointed with something without people jumping on you and saying "be grateful" is also ridiculous.

For the record, my expectations were pretty low. I only expected a new trait from a previous sims game or something similar like they did last time.

This isn't a charity case. It's literally their job to come out with content that attracts and keeps players, and this update has been a massive let down. I pay over a hundred dollars a year, so that's how much it costs.

Bloop
  • Options
    MadameSimMadameSim Posts: 29 Member
    SimTrippy wrote: »

Yeah no offence but it's the 20th anniversary, 2 full decades of purchasing (what some may fairly consider way too many) games and packs off of this company. And they celebrate it with: a hot tub, 4 or so songs, and a giveaway. Idk but... Yeah it's underwhelming. I can like a game and still consider this bs. But to each his own.

I agree. You shouldn't just accept anything and everything because you enjoy the thing. You can enjoy something and still be critical of its execution, especially if you're like most people who enjoy the sims and have bought into a majority of the DLC, so this just feels like more of the same (only, with marketing plumbobs decorated all over it). It's the 20th anniversary, and rather than tackle some of the game's glaring shortcomings regarding emotion/relationship/interaction systems, we're getting an item that already exists in various forms. It is underwhelming, but I can see someone new to the Sims maybe really enjoying this, for all the content you might get out of it.
  • Options
    Can you blame us for being upset? It's been 20 YEARS! 20 YEARS we have devoted to this game...and we only get a lousy hottub.....

I just didn't release this community was so obsessed with getting something for nothing, then virtually screaming when it doesn't fit the expectations. I'm just...saddened by how negative the community's got. That's all. <3
  • Options
    HoveraelHoverael Posts: 1,230 Member
    Call me crazy but why couldn't they have released ALL music from previous Sims games into The Sims 4 for this 20th anniversary? The Sims 2 and 3 had a ton of Simlish songs and The Sims 1 had such an iconic soundtrack. Does EA not own the rights to all their Simlish songs..?

Also, why couldn't they have released The Sims/The Sims 2 Complete Collections onto Origin so it's compatible with Windows 10?

indeed, they got these other sims games that could of been given some attention and hooked up to origin in the meantime, let users experience the joys of the previous sims games and celebrate history.
    It HURT...very badly...
    And it HURTS!

Happy Simming, folks <3

Doesn't help when i try to mix in and the community resists and fails to directly answer my questions. a simple direct answer and i would of taken it, often frustrating without reason when users avoid answering. That is part of the toxicity i've had to deal with in the past.

For a few months things were great and then all that happened and i'm not sure why i'm still here sometimes. I also can't deny i've made a fool of myself a few times and had to eat humble pie other times, par for the course in the end. But i learned a few things in all that and know where i stand in these forums. So there is a bit of toxicity i've noticed as well, at least from what i've directly had to deal with.
  • Options
    Gordy wrote: »
    I just didn't release this community was so obsessed with getting something for nothing, then virtually screaming when it doesn't fit the expectations. I'm just...saddened by how negative the community's got. That's all. <3
    It's not for nothing. They wouldn't even have this anniversary without us spending hundreds, even thousands of dollars on them over the course of 20 years. They even talk about how they couldn't have done it without us, and how grateful they are for the support over the years.

That seems like a reasonable thing that studios do on anniversaries. "Thanks for all your support, we love you". On top of that we got some free stuff in an update.
This discussion has been closed.
Return to top