Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

NEW UPDATE?!

Comments

• Options
    MissyHissyMissyHissy Posts: 2,022 Member
    Gordy wrote: »
    It's not for nothing. They wouldn't even have this anniversary without us spending hundreds, even thousands of dollars on them over the course of 20 years. They even talk about how they couldn't have done it without us, and how grateful they are for the support over the years.

Sorry but I don't see how that equates to tantrums because the features some 'expected' didn't make it. To me, the fact that they speak of how grateful they are is just the same as somebody saying 'thank you' to the modders in the community. It's still a show of appreciation.

I didn't realise it was part of their contracts to release a ton of free stuff because the community expected it. My bad.
    *All my mods can be found on The Daily Plumbob*MiAqoAE.png
  • Options
    DreamOperatorDreamOperator Posts: 241 Member
    I actually think the new hottub is super cute! It has other swatches than what is shown in that picture. I really liked quite a lot of the swatches and the little lights that hang from the canopy. Heck, I even liked the plumbomb swatch. My game is not super realistic, I enjoy the cartoony feel of it. And I like little nods like the plumbomb and the llama, showing that the sims live in a different universe from our own.
  • Options
    MissyHissyMissyHissy Posts: 2,022 Member
    I actually think the new hottub is super cute! It has other swatches than what is shown in that picture. I really liked quite a lot of the swatches and the little lights that hang from the canopy. Heck, I even liked the plumbomb swatch. My game is not super realistic, I enjoy the cartoony feel of it. And I like little nods like the plumbomb and the llama, showing that the sims live in a different universe from our own.

I think they did a lovely job with the swatches. They'll match a lot of my patios perfectly <3
    *All my mods can be found on The Daily Plumbob*MiAqoAE.png
  • Options
    TamakiSakura84TamakiSakura84 Posts: 543 Member
    I'd like to thank the Gurus for the new hottub, and all the other free patch content they've provided over the years. So, thanks. :)
  • Options
    SimmingalSimmingal Posts: 8,959 Member
    edited February 2020
    well not hating it for I don't have patio pack and this means I can skip

but a rather confusing pick o_O

I meaaaaan it could have been heart hot tub while u at it? : <

either way I've decided to not be angry anymore cause guru vids on ig were cute
    ⭐️ AHQ Champion 🦇 Vlad Advocate 🐉 Team Dragons
    🏡 Gallery 📖 Stories 🌍 World Project 🥔 MOD/CC Free
  • Options
    SAEldarinSAEldarin Posts: 428 Member
    A hot tub, eh? Hmm. Well, I guess that's that then.
  • Options
    ButteredToastButteredToast Posts: 47 Member
    Has it been 20 years already?

Thank you Devs for a great game which has held my attention for 2 decades. There is no other game that has successfully done that for me. Nothing has ever come close. It has cost me pretty pennies yes, but it's my money and I can choose to spend it (or not spend it) as I please. I have not purchase everything the game has to offer, but thank you for all your hard work. I know you work hard (overtime much?) and I know some days it may seem like you are swimming up creek against the worst currents in the world with no paddle (bean counters, managers, toxic "fans" etc) but your hard work has not gone unnoticed. EA should give you all a raise.

I love the game (yes, even Sims 3 which I like the least) to pieces. I wish you (and for my sake) for another twenty glorious years.

Cheers.
  • Options
    FairyGodMotherFairyGodMother Posts: 7,406 Member
    Chazzzy wrote: »
    Hoverael wrote: »
    filipomel wrote: »
    I didn’t get my hopes up and yet this is still underwhelming. The fact the 10th anniversary in Sims 3 was more exciting than this says more than needs to be said.

Worse still the gurus are segregating one community (official forums) for another (unofficial on twitter) by sticking their heads in the social networking clouds and hoping not to see the negative aspects. It isn't a good message to send at all, never mind the paltry reward.

This is what i find most concerning. i'm sorry if it isn't a nice thing to say, but what else can i say? this whole thing is once again badly mishandled like the last few events of note.

I'd STILL like an apology from them from calling us at the forums lame and toxic....that hurt me more than you could ever know...

Gurus said that?? About users of their official game forum? Nah I don’t believe it. Were they joking? Strange

Yeah one said the reason the gurus stay away from the forum because we are so toxic...
    It HURT...very badly...
    Why you think they keep only on twitter and hardly show themselves here? They shun us....they don't like us..
    And it HURTS!

I remember this. I was shocked to say the least :o
  • Options
    GalacticGalGalacticGal Posts: 28,562 Member
    Yes, there's an update. I spent most of my gaming session since this morning, building. I finally got it completed and went back into the lot where I left off yesterday. Seems my young couple were at a local bar for a charity event. My ancestor proceeded to do something completely shocking and totally unexpected. Cyndi Behr suddenly had him backed into the closet door and was planting one on him. Then I watched, in horror, as he reached behind him to open the closet door. They proceeded to WooHoo rather violently. His mother and his wife are both present at this event, too. I decided, no. No, no, no, no, no! I exited without saving, but before I could go back into the game I got a popup saying there was an update for my Limited Edition Sims 4 game. I quickly pulled my Mods folder and it's now updating. Yikes.
    You can download (free) all three volumes of my Night Whispers Star Trek Fanfiction here: http://galacticgal.deviantart.com/gallery/ You'll need to have a pdf reader. New websites: http://www.trekkiefanfiction.com/st-tos.php
    http://www.getfreeebooks.com/star-trek-original-series-fan-fiction-trilogy/
  • Options
    alan650111alan650111 Posts: 3,295 Member
    I tried out the hot tub and THEY ACTUALLY STAYED IN IT! Wow. They must have done some tuning because my sims kept their behinds in that tub for a significant amount of time. The other swatches of the tub are much better than the one they showed in that picture.
  • Options
    SimAlexandriaSimAlexandria Posts: 4,845 Member
    edited February 2020
    Wow I love the hot tub design :). Can't wait!
  • Options
    DaWaterRatDaWaterRat Posts: 3,355 Member
    Okay, we've gotten several tweets, a hot tub rather than a T-shirt... can we get a road map before the end of the week? Not holding my breath, but I still dream...
  • Options
    DianesimsDianesims Posts: 2,876 Member
    edited February 2020
    Is this new ? I had never seen it.

7qZHKU7.png
  • Options
    fullspiralfullspiral Posts: 14,717 Member
    Atreya33 wrote: »
    This is it? 4 songs and a hot tub? I should have known when we found out they don't even bother to host a maxis monthly for this patch.

So the hot tub is now basegame? That would mean patio stuff is just 'stuff' without a single piece of unique gameplay.
    Now I really feel stupid for spending real life money on patio stuff. :/

I suppose this is nice for those who only own the basegame.

As I said in a different thread. They don't care about all the loyal fans that have bought the game 4 times since 2000. All they care about is the new batch that don't buy anything so they can keep them interested enough for the Sims 5 roll out.

I think they forget that it's the long term simmers who have the disposable income. Not the kids who rely on mommy, daddy, and free updates for their games.

*This is me going back to waiting.....and waiting.....and waiting for decent content and an overhaul to sims 4 personalities*
  • Options
    KimmerKimmer Posts: 2,382 Member
    Free content is always welcome and I'm grateful for it. Thanks and happy 20th anniversary. :)
  • Options
    LindsaySeddon1LindsaySeddon1 Posts: 284 Member
    Hoverael wrote: »
    filipomel wrote: »
    I didn’t get my hopes up and yet this is still underwhelming. The fact the 10th anniversary in Sims 3 was more exciting than this says more than needs to be said.

Worse still the gurus are segregating one community (official forums) for another (unofficial on twitter) by sticking their heads in the social networking clouds and hoping not to see the negative aspects. It isn't a good message to send at all, never mind the paltry reward.

This is what i find most concerning. i'm sorry if it isn't a nice thing to say, but what else can i say? this whole thing is once again badly mishandled like the last few events of note.

I'd STILL like an apology from them from calling us at the forums lame and toxic....that hurt me more than you could ever know...

When did they say that?
  • Options
    Atreya33Atreya33 Posts: 4,426 Member
    Dianesims wrote: »
    Is this new ? I had never seen it.

7qZHKU7.png

This came with an update last year, between RoM and discover university. There is also a male version
  • Options
    BabykittyjadeBabykittyjade Posts: 4,975 Member
    OEII1001 wrote: »
    Apparently there will always be someone who will be never satisfied. Peace.

I apreciate anything we get. Thanks to gurus for their effort. It means a lot. They create the game I absolutely adore <3 I can't wait to check it in my game.

True. And then there's the reality that they don't actually owe us anything for the anniversary of the release of a video game. They could simply have done nothing, which is what I would have done. Instead, they added some stuff to the game for everyone. Some people just have to look a gift horse in the mouth.

I've been thinking exactly this for the last few days. We literally CHOSE To buy and play this game. It's not like they forced us. They are being generous to give us ANYTHING for free. I appreciate whatever we get. But that's just my thought on the matter. 🙂
    Zombies, oh please oh please give us zombies!! :'(
  • Options
    SimAlexandriaSimAlexandria Posts: 4,845 Member
    fullspiral wrote: »
    OEII1001 wrote: »
    Gordy wrote: »
    MissyHissy wrote: »
    I just didn't release this community was so obsessed with getting something for nothing, then virtually screaming when it doesn't fit the expectations. I'm just...saddened by how negative the community's got. That's all. <3
    It's not for nothing. They wouldn't even have this anniversary without us spending hundreds, even thousands of dollars on them over the course of 20 years. They even talk about how they couldn't have done it without us, and how grateful they are for the support over the years.

That seems like a reasonable thing that studios do on anniversaries. "Thanks for all your support, we love you". On top of that we got some free stuff in an update.

I didn't get anything. I already paid for hot tubs.

It's a diff one :). I have perfect patio too but this one is not the ones from that pack.
This discussion has been closed.
Return to top