Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

NEW UPDATE?!

Comments

• Options
    Twixxie1602Twixxie1602 Posts: 15 Member
    [quote="popstarissa;c-17397538"]The real 20th Anniversary present was this entire controversy. It’s really become the gift that keeps on giving 🤣🤣[/quote]

You the real MVP 😂😂😂
  • Options
    x4m1r4x4m1r4 Posts: 3,901 Member
    The real 20th Anniversary present was this entire controversy. It’s really become the gift that keeps on giving 🤣🤣

Yikes! :#

Somehow, I really hope someone who is professional enough from their end to address this anniversary issue. It's only the beginning of the year & the more I think of it (whenever I want to click play), the more annoying it gets me. And not even a moderator is coming over to address this issue. They can't pick & choose whichever is convenient for them. This is escalating very bad.
    OID:- x4m1r4
  • Options
    BrittanyChick22BrittanyChick22 Posts: 2,130 Member
    edited February 2020
    SimTrippy wrote: »
    @xamira99 well as this thread shows, we didn't wait for them ;)

But it's important for them to raise their voices as well because a bunch of angry forum users is something the sims teams has proven to be quite apt at ignoring. Having the majority of Twitter users and quite many of their beloved game changers up in arms as well means they'll receive the message loud and clear.

Uch, I'm still so disgusting by this whole thing and reading tweet exchanges like this one just makes my blood boil a little more (click to read the whole exchange):

I don't want to make any individual guru feel bad or necessarily think that tweet he's responding to was necessary but they really have to stop acting like their fans are the problem.

.. whatever... I've already said everything I wanted to say a million times over, but this one won't be forgotten soon. Or ever. I can't wait for someone, anyone, to give EA a run for their money. Let someone kill the franchise for them and give us a game worthy of the time it's made in.

That reply is obviously a sarcastic tone and pretty much saying he dont give s- plum... replies like that is why I dont take the coddling of them seriously.
    giphy.gif

• Options
    ScobreScobre Posts: 20,665 Member
    edited February 2020
    fullspiral wrote: »

They. Just. Don't. Care. It's not a mistake to them because they said don't expect much.

All they care about is future simmers and one's they've picked up over the course of 3 or 4. And those they want to invest in 5. It's about the money and getting new investors for year 25/30. Those new investors wouldn't have a clue about the origins of the Sims. They are marketing to a brand new generation.

When did they say not to expect much?
    Here:

Well at least SimGuruNinja isn't in a cage anymore. The corner is a graduation for him so yay!
    “Although the world is full of suffering, it is full also of the overcoming of it.” –Helen Keller
  • Options
    gamekittengamekitten Posts: 2,606 Member
    I think his comment was a bit rude and unprofessional. People seem to forget or just do not register that these company people are selling a product. Does not matter where they work on the ladder, they are still selling a product to consumers. The thing is people/consumers let these workers get away with a whole lot bad things and even make excuses for them. So, they are making money hand over fist and do not care one bit about their consumers and it shows.

He can get snarky, blame the consumers... because he knows he will get away with it and he does not care. This is the Sims 4 consumers that allow this behavior after they released a sham 20th anniversary gift. Players are upset, they paid for their products. What exactly did the workers pay? What is their loss?

I guess I'm old, because what I see, is a rude person that works for a company that does not care for their consumers one bit, and even jokes about him not caring.

The gaming world has gone nuts with all kinds of bad behavior, bad quality products and just talks smack to their consumers...BECAUSE
    Gamers allow it. Until gamers get their cookies in all one jar, the gaming companies are going to continue this behavior... Like EA and ALL its workers.
  • Options
    83bienchen83bienchen Posts: 2,580 Member
    edited February 2020
    I didn't expect much, but in my opinion it is a bad idea to use a Sim birthday to further a questionable concept. EA already got critized for similar releases in the past (e. g. the laptop and some of the Spooky Stuff deco). This time they went a bit overboard by taking the main selling incentive (the only Gameplay object) of a previous Stuff Pack and giving it for free as a slight remesh - thus leaving their loyal customers bare.

Even a new rodent as a little excuse for the MyFirstPetStuff desaster would have been better as that would have been something all players could have enjoyed. If it had resembled the guinea pig from TS1 or the chinchilla from TS3 it could have even been a remark towards previous iterations of the game.

I'm fairly sure the outcry would have been less if they had instead chosen to give a sunken hot tub away (which would have been more work admittedably) or if they had just added something else in that everyone could have enjoyed (e.g. enable swimming in base game worlds; a new trait; adding loans on the basis of the system they introduced with university; making more objects draggable in live mode like the toddler potty, adding more converted hair for children and toddlers, more photo poses or a simple, smaller version of the family portrait that came for mobile players in the USA a while ago, adding an option to choose the family name after marriage). All of these ideas could have been managed with little effort and as they had stated beforehand that we weren't to expect something big, they should have done the trick.

Of course a Sims 1 object like the heartshaped hottub, the heartshaped bed, the gnome workbench, the charade game or even just the simple telescope or piano would have been great and highly appropriate objects to be added with the anniversary patch but it would have been more work.

EA simply made an extremely bad choice with that hot tub - and it is not that they could not have foreseen the reaction.

Maybe they'll surprise us with what they have learned for the next birthday of the game.
    Now now EA, don't be stinking up our lovely lavender bath with your shopping fart. - My TS4 mods - Gallery ID: 83bienchen
  • Options
    MockerMocker Posts: 29 Member
    If we get free hot tub, maybe they need add something new in perfect patio stuff, example
    trampoline or add function hot tub for pool.
  • Options
    AriaMad2AriaMad2 Posts: 1,380 Member
    That's such an extravagant hot tub.. I LOVE IT!
    F€€Ł ŦĦ€ ŴΔV€ ØF ŞØỮŇĐ, ΔŞ ƗŦ ĆŘΔŞĦ€Ş ĐØŴŇ

ĴØIŇ UŞ ĆØŇŞUΜ€ ŦĦ€ FŘUIŦ ØF ŦĦ€ ΜØŦĦ€Ř ΔŇĐ KŇØŴ P€ΔĆ€
  • Options
    SimTrippySimTrippy Posts: 7,651 Member
    edited February 2020
    Mocker wrote: »
    If we get free hot tub, maybe they need add something new in perfect patio stuff, example
    trampoline or add function hot tub for pool.

Maybe they should've given us a trampoline for the anniversary. That would've been more inventive. :joy:
  • Options
    MockerMocker Posts: 29 Member
    > @SimTrippy said:
    > (Quote)
    >
    > Maybe they should've given us a trampoline for the anniversary. That would've been more inventive. :joy:

:D haha yes it would be great
    i mean the developers really have a good fantasy so why not:)
  • Options
    NindigoNindigo Posts: 2,764 Member
    I'm not so sure they will "learn". In business, money saved speaks louder than money spent.

Origin ID: Nindigo79

A smile is the prettiest thing you can wear
    Time enjoyed is never time wasted

• Options
    SimmyFroggySimmyFroggy Posts: 1,762 Member
    xamira99 wrote: »
    The real 20th Anniversary present was this entire controversy. It’s really become the gift that keeps on giving 🤣🤣

Yikes! :#

Somehow, I really hope someone who is professional enough from their end to address this anniversary issue. It's only the beginning of the year & the more I think of it (whenever I want to click play), the more annoying it gets me. And not even a moderator is coming over to address this issue. They can't pick & choose whichever is convenient for them. This is escalating very bad.

Bad timing is a thing. The last two days have been a mess because the forums aren't moderated over the weekends (not a good move, honestly), hence why there's no response from the mods right now.

What kind of way should they address the anniversary though? Refund people who bought PP? Give out something else for free? What issue should they be addressing to begin with? The lack of freebies that we weren't promised? The lack of engagement from the community? (oh boy, I can see how well that would go) I don't know that anyone from the company can say anything that isn't going to be met with more anger, honestly.
  • Options
    NindigoNindigo Posts: 2,764 Member
    xamira99 wrote:
    They can't pick & choose whichever is convenient for them.
    They can and do. Normal ethics are not applicable in the world of business.

Origin ID: Nindigo79

A smile is the prettiest thing you can wear
    Time enjoyed is never time wasted

• Options
    drakharisdrakharis Posts: 1,478 Member
    Maybe they will finally give us spiral stairs and ladders both take up considerably less space in a build. One square or 2x2 squares of space in a build when you are trying to maximize space in a build would be prefered but we do have an entire year to see what they do. We can see the cute yet cheesy stuff they give us. Yes, I have the patio stuff pack. I paid for it out of pocket but I don't mind items for the basic game for all simmers who neither want the extras nor can afford them or on the fence about them. I think I want bugs fixed most of all for this anniversary.
    Playtesting - not just tabletop games and card games any more. Really that should have been playtested in Beta and not [img]just with accounting and marketing but actual players. https://i.imgur.com/t48COW6.jpg[/img]
  • Options
    columbia93columbia93 Posts: 319 Member
    MissyHissy wrote: »

I was merely pointing out that the hatred towards the developers for not delivering what was expected was indeed akin to throwing a tantrum. The developers were not obliged to provide anything, yet the attitude within the community was indeed that they were expecting it. "Ea had better give us something big for the 20th anniversary" was and indeed is the attitude. So technically speaking, it is a tantrum.

Saying you're disappointed with the response to the SIMS 20th Anniversary is not hatred. It seems as though people have lost their ability to discern emotions these days - Generational? Zero Tolerance abuse? And the righteous attitude that it's okay to call names when calling out others for expressing disappointment....SMH... Bandying about words like "tantrum" against adults in an adult conversation is not productive and it certainly doesn't help you prove your point.

The fact is that most of us have been playing the Sims in a variety of formats, including PC and other devices, for that entire 20 years. At this point, EA is one of our longest "relationships" and it's perfectly acceptable to expect a bigger "thank you for helping to build us into this monstrous corporation while we give you less and less and take more and more". A 20th Anniversary gift is the "emerald", which sells for nearly half a million a carat. TS4 has about 200 million players so I guess if you take that into consideration, a $2 hot tub is probably just fine. ;)

• Options
    Pegasys wrote: »
    I'm not upset that they gave away the prime object of Perfect Patio stuff for free, although I understand how others might feel that way -- especially those who recently bought the pack. I bought Perfect Patio a while ago so theoretically I've had years of play with hot tubs (though, to be honest, I rarely use them).

I'm just disappointed (yes, I realized I am disappointed) about the hot tub because it doesn't change gameplay at all.

I'm just tired of new CAS/build-buy items. I want something that changes gameplay. To make things more interesting. University is pretty good, but once a sim graduates, it just makes things easier.

I want more traits, more aspirations, meaningful whims, fears, more lasting consequences other than 4-hour moodlets, and a chemistry system.

Maybe it's because I've played Sims 4 for over 3k hours... time to put a fork in it?

nah, just time to put a mod in it. :) It changes gameplay, just as you were mentioning, including chemistry systems, lasting consequences, etc.

I've only been playing TS4 a little over a month and I can't stand the lack of a chemistry system, too. It's practically impossible to get TS4 Sims to couple and they don't seem to do it autonomously, either. The bars move slowly so I can't even judge by that.

So....if it's okay to say so here, what mod provides that?

BTW, 20 year player and all packs through TS3 and held off on TS4 because it seemed to be really lacking for how I play. I caved recently with a new PC purchase and deep sale, but probably won't purchase beyond the BG.
  • Options
    OEII1001OEII1001 Posts: 3,682 Member
    columbia93 wrote: »
    I caved recently with a new PC purchase and deep sale, but probably won't purchase beyond the BG.

Pity. The best content for The Sims 4 is beyond the base game.

• Options

From the actual tweet he replied to: "Shame on you and EA". That was way personal and not even the only tweet in his and other gurus' mentions blaming them personally. Though the one he replied to reached a whole different level of low.

I don't blame him for replying the way he did. It was way tame considering the comparison in that tweet.

Oh Lordy, have we really become so ridiculous in our hurt feelings that a simple "Shame on YOU" would warrant a nasty exchange - or that people like you would claim the guru's nastiness is warranted? Seriously? "Shame on you" has been said since the beginning of words and for an employee to take that personally and then to respond so immaturely, is insane. Like it or not, those employees are seen as the gatekeepers to a great big greedy corporation because those are the only people we can talk to, and even that happens rarely. If they won't help us, we simmers pretty much believe that no one will. They need to be a bit more cognizant of that and instead of stirring the pot, try to diffuse the situation.

I spent almost 2 months trying to get EA to honor a promotion and I NEVER heard from a single EA person on the Forums. I did get some FB messaging going but they were able to put me off by writing at 2am and asking me to respond that I accept risks of continuing to use Messenger, knowing that time would go by and they would say that too much time had passed and I needed to respond again. Literally weeks of this. So if this Guru wants to get a little bent out of shape over a "shame on you", I can guarantee that, while this poor EA showing is not his fault, he has absolutely been on the EA end of failing simmers oh so many times.
  • Options
    SimmyFroggySimmyFroggy Posts: 1,762 Member

From the actual tweet he replied to: "Shame on you and EA". That was way personal and not even the only tweet in his and other gurus' mentions blaming them personally. Though the one he replied to reached a whole different level of low.

I don't blame him for replying the way he did. It was way tame considering the comparison in that tweet.

Oh Lordy, have we really become so ridiculous in our hurt feelings that a simple "Shame on YOU" would warrant a nasty exchange - or that people like you would claim the guru's nastiness is warranted? Seriously? "Shame on you" has been said since the beginning of words and for an employee to take that personally and then to respond so immaturely, is insane. Like it or not, those employees are seen as the gatekeepers to a great big greedy corporation because those are the only people we can talk to, and even that happens rarely. If they won't help us, we simmers pretty much believe that no one will. They need to be a bit more cognizant of that and instead of stirring the pot, try to diffuse the situation.

I spent almost 2 months trying to get EA to honor a promotion and I NEVER heard from a single EA person on the Forums. I did get some FB messaging going but they were able to put me off by writing at 2am and asking me to respond that I accept risks of continuing to use Messenger, knowing that time would go by and they would say that too much time had passed and I needed to respond again. Literally weeks of this. So if this Guru wants to get a little bent out of shape over a "shame on you", I can guarantee that, while this poor EA showing is not his fault, he has absolutely been on the EA end of failing simmers oh so many times.

If you're going to defend the tweet, please read what it said. It's not the "shame on you" part that's uncalled for, it's the comparison it made in the rest of it. I mentioned that one specific part only to point out that it was meant as a personal attack. Had the tweet been only "Shame on you", the response wouldn't have been warranted. But it wasn't.
  • Options
    OEII1001 wrote: »

You do agree, but in a way that tries to diminish me. I

OMG, pulease! You've been cranky all over this thread and now you're hurt because you couldn't understand that you were being agreed with and/or they weren't agreeing "right"? It seems you just want to be unhappy. I wish you luck with that.
  • Options
    ScobreScobre Posts: 20,665 Member
    Just wanted to respond to some comments here and in other threads that seem to indicate people think something else might be coming. The following quotes are from the anniversary blog.

So how are we doing this? Strap in for a heck of a party! To get this thing started, we have a small update going live today with a special free in-game item for everyone.

As the rest of the month goes on, we’ll continue celebrating this history on our social channels. Follow along on Twitter and Instagram as your fellow Simmers relive all of their favorite moments—

I don't think we'll see any more free items this month. I don't think there's going to be a special spur of the moment item or giveaway to counter all the disappointment generated by the hot tub. I'd hate to see people remain optimistic that more is coming only to be disappointed again.
    Exactly. Hyping people up again only to lead to further disappointment is the last thing the Sims community needs right now. Thank you for having a realistic point of view with this.
    “Although the world is full of suffering, it is full also of the overcoming of it.” –Helen Keller
  • Options

If you're going to defend the tweet, please read what it said. It's not the "shame on you" part that's uncalled for, it's the comparison it made in the rest of it. I mentioned that one specific part only to point out that it was meant as a personal attack. Had the tweet been only "Shame on you", the response wouldn't have been warranted. But it wasn't.

Never assume.

I did read it. And I stand by what I say. And note that I'm saying that I stand by what "I" say and that isn't the same thing as defending the twitter convo. Seems you are unable to actually discern the difference either.

I can also pretty much guarantee that the Guru has used a similar phrase sometime in his dealings with large corporations that do not listen. Responding to "Shame on you and EA" with snarkiness was pouring fuel on a spark. That's not an EA employee's job. Escalating from that point is on the head of the Guru, even if the other user shares some of the blame. But then I remember when companies believed that "the customer is always right", before they did a 180 and decided customers don't matter because there is always someone right behind them ready to spend the money.
This discussion has been closed.
Return to top