Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

NEW UPDATE?!

Comments

• SimTrippySimTrippy Posts: 7,651 Member
    I'm happy that quite a few game changers (deli and Turner aside, which given their huge audiences and the fact that they're probably the two biggest SimsTubers is a little bit of a bummer but fine) are speaking out about this, too.

https://youtu.be/WuPqpsQ61jk
    https://youtu.be/wxZ1sk_XPmg
    https://youtu.be/REbCRioQsvM

Not that ea will give a crap but I'm glad their influencers are calling them out on it too, not just "the difficult forum users"
  • CamkatCamkat Posts: 2,329 Member
    edited February 2020
    SimTrippy wrote: »
    I'm happy that quite a few game changers (deli and Turner aside, which given their huge audiences and the fact that they're probably the two biggest SimsTubers is a little bit of a bummer but fine) are speaking out about this, too.

https://youtu.be/WuPqpsQ61jk
    https://youtu.be/wxZ1sk_XPmg
    https://youtu.be/REbCRioQsvM

Not that ea will give a plum but I'm glad their influencers are calling them out on it too, not just "the difficult forum users"

I think I saw Englishsimmer somewhere too speaking about this, (and not very enthused either).

Deli and James were both paid by EA to make celebration videos, so they maybe can't speak to it. The videos had nothing to do with what the Sims team at Maxis were doing right now, just a look at the past type nostalgia things.

Just because they were paid to make a video singing past praises though, I don't think should stop them from some feedback here.

What I think really sucks though is that EA can pay a couple of game changers to drum up excitement but they couldn't be bothered to do it themselves. Yeah sure they had a couple twitter giveaways, but those benefited new players only. Didn't do much to thank the people that have supported them the entire time and have already bought everything (those people got a re-skin of something they already have that's also broken in game and sims don't use) and it sure didn't do anything at all to celebrate the past and where they came from.

Instead of paying game changers, they could have used that money to include more players? At least fix the hot tub issue so that the free item you're giving out is actually useable? *eyeroll*

This whole entire thing rewarded a select few, not the masses and that kind of stinks. :/

Oh and I think Pixelade did a video too but I'm not sure you can count him. He's so wishy washy. First a video excited and singing the praises of the hot tub. Then people commented on the video and he changed his mind. He just goes with what will get him the likes.
    Origin ID: Peapod79
  • LindsaySeddon1LindsaySeddon1 Posts: 284 Member
    fullspiral wrote: »

They. Just. Don't. Care. It's not a mistake to them because they said don't expect much.

All they care about is future simmers and one's they've picked up over the course of 3 or 4. And those they want to invest in 5. It's about the money and getting new investors for year 25/30. Those new investors wouldn't have a clue about the origins of the Sims. They are marketing to a brand new generation.

When did they say not to expect much?
    Is anyone else *still* hoping that this is all just a joke and that there's more to come?

I didn't expect anything for free, I would have been happy with some kind of special edition stuff pack even if it cost the usual £10. That's the kind of thing that Nintendo and other very long running games do. It just seems so unlike EA to not make this into another opportunity for sales...
  • elanorbretonelanorbreton Posts: 14,549 Member
    Is anyone else *still* hoping that this is all just a joke and that there's more to come?
    Yeah, me. I keep coming to the forum expecting some exciting news. Lol.
  • SimTrippySimTrippy Posts: 7,651 Member

I didn't expect anything for free, I would have been happy with some kind of special edition stuff pack even if it cost the usual £10. That's the kind of thing that Nintendo and other very long running games do. It just seems so unlike EA to not make this into another opportunity for sales...

Nope..not expecting anything at all.
  • x4m1r4x4m1r4 Posts: 3,901 Member
    We don't have to wait for the game changers to voice out our concerns, although given that they are expected to have bigger audiences, more influences, etc. I would suggest that the rest of the Simmers need to unite & voicing out our frustration. Yes, some may be satisfied with the hot tub & be grateful, but, imagine that, on the 21st anniversary (if this is even going to happen), we're given the talking toilet that comes with the CL? The difference is, it's a golden talking toilet. :#

Besides, it's not a matter of free stuffs, it's more about their engagement, appreciation, & a sincere acknowledgment that they're listening to us. I really want to know, what is the association between the hot tub & the 20th anniversary. Is it the most favourite thing of all time since TS1? It's much better for them not to give us anything, but probably a live stream during the party as well as giving us the update on 2020 milestone would be enough or perhaps anniversary challenge for 20 days, where we could unlock certain items related to the Sims from TS1 till now. Or perhaps, upload the previous NPC such as Mrs CrumpleBottom to the gallery. Something that could remind us of the past, enjoying the present & looking forward to the future. I'm pretty sure the franchise is full with people with brilliant minds.

They're not joking. They didn't bother at all. The Gurus once talking about a live stream that they're going to play something. I would suggest that they're cancelling it, because they're afraid of the backlash? Besides, if they do have more plan for us, they should do it either on the same day, or the following days. Even if they're going to give us something later on, I doubt that they learnt a lesson. It's just like shoving a candy to the kids & expecting us to be satisfied.
    OID:- x4m1r4
  • SimmyFroggySimmyFroggy Posts: 1,762 Member

Not anything specific but I think they'll be bringing up the anniversary through the year & not just on the actual release day. Whether it'll at any point be something others will like/enjoy is up to everyone individually though.
    Maybe I'm being naiive but I'm still hoping there's more to come. For the 19th anniversary they added old pre-mades to the gallery (the Newbies, The Pleasants, The Grunts, etc) and they recently asked us in a short survey who our favourite characters were from past games.

There's something else coming.
  • BluegayleBluegayle Posts: 4,186 Member
    A personal attack is never acceptable. I don't blame him for his reply at all. James should or could have targeted the EA top dogs not someone who works for them. I once worked for a company that a lot of people "hated" but never did a customer ever put that hate on me even the nasty ones.
    "Every child matters. If we fail our children, we are bound to fail our present, our future, faith, cultures, and civilizations as well."
    ZO6GpFg.jpg

AHQ Champion
  • OEII1001OEII1001 Posts: 3,682 Member
    Bluegayle wrote: »
    A personal attack is never acceptable. I don't blame him for his reply at all. James should or could have targeted the EA top dogs not someone who works for them. I once worked for a company that a lot of people "hated" but never did a customer ever put that hate on me even the nasty ones.

I agree with you. People are cherry picking the response without noting the context of it being in response to an outrageous accusation. This community is taking things too far, and I think a lot of people need to unplug for a few days and calm down.
  • PrincipleOfEntropyPrincipleOfEntropy Posts: 389 Member
    @xamira99 well as this thread shows, we didn't wait for them ;)

But it's important for them to raise their voices as well because a bunch of angry forum users is something the sims teams has proven to be quite apt at ignoring. Having the majority of Twitter users and quite many of their beloved game changers up in arms as well means they'll receive the message loud and clear.

Uch, I'm still so disgusting by this whole thing and reading tweet exchanges like this one just makes my blood boil a little more (click to read the whole exchange):

I don't want to make any individual guru feel bad or necessarily think that tweet he's responding to was necessary but they really have to stop acting like their fans are the problem.

.. whatever... I've already said everything I wanted to say a million times over, but this one won't be forgotten soon. Or ever. I can't wait for someone, anyone, to give EA a run for their money. Let someone kill the franchise for them and give us a game worthy of the time it's made in.

That exchange is painful to read.

Everyone deserves respect, sure, but he essentially kicked a hornet's nest. He can't then act upset after getting stung.
    Madotsuki-Chair-Spin.gif
  • OEII1001OEII1001 Posts: 3,682 Member

But it's important for them to raise their voices as well because a bunch of angry forum users is something the sims teams has proven to be quite apt at ignoring. Having the majority of Twitter users and quite many of their beloved game changers up in arms as well means they'll receive the message loud and clear.

Uch, I'm still so disgusting by this whole thing and reading tweet exchanges like this one just makes my blood boil a little more (click to read the whole exchange):

I don't want to make any individual guru feel bad or necessarily think that tweet he's responding to was necessary but they really have to stop acting like their fans are the problem.

.. whatever... I've already said everything I wanted to say a million times over, but this one won't be forgotten soon. Or ever. I can't wait for someone, anyone, to give EA a run for their money. Let someone kill the franchise for them and give us a game worthy of the time it's made in.

Everyone deserves respect, sure, but he essentially kicked a hornet's nest. He can't then act upset after getting stung.

I think it was a rather muted response given what he was likened to. It's a video game.
  • KaeChan2089KaeChan2089 Posts: 4,944 Member
    edited February 2020

He would have been better off silent...
    His response came off as "oh you hurt me how dare you are you happy"? No one wants your pity party...DO something about it.
  • BeardedgeekBeardedgeek Posts: 5,520 Member

Personal attacks only proves to developers that players ARE entitled spoiled brats. Or worse. At least he didn't get death threats or stuff like female devs and forum moderators tend to get on Twitter...
    Origin ID: A_Bearded_Geek
  • AyeffenAyeffen Posts: 258 Member

I'm the same. Not sure why people are expecting something for nothing, especially when it comes to The Sims 😅

I suppose the obvious thing would be to reproduce some Sims (1) items for nostalgic reasons but the game is now so much more than the original vision, I'm not sure I really care. 🤷‍♂️
    1NraNSJ.png
    My Gallery 🏠 | Gamer 🎮 | Husband 👬
  • BeardedgeekBeardedgeek Posts: 5,520 Member
    Ayeffen wrote: »

I'm the same. Not sure why people are expecting something for nothing, especially when it comes to The Sims 😅

I suppose the obvious thing would be to reproduce some Sims (1) items for nostalgic reasons but the game is now so much more than the original vision, I'm not sure I really care. 🤷‍♂️

I would happily have paid say 7 dollars for a special "mini stuff pack" with the 10 most popular items from Sims 1 and Sims 2 remade for Sims 4.
    Origin ID: A_Bearded_Geek
  • SimmyFroggySimmyFroggy Posts: 1,762 Member
    Felicity wrote: »

Personal attacks only proves to developers that players ARE entitled spoiled brats. Or worse. At least he didn't get death threats or stuff like female devs and forum moderators tend to get on Twitter...

Maybe it's my twitter feed, but I don't see any personal attacks against him? Someone called the 20th anniversary a big fat flop, and he said something about stop body shaming his flops (which is pretty obnoxious right there). Then someone else complained about EA, and he said the corner comment.

He probably should be quiet, because both those answers, at least as they appeared in my feed, were pretty inappropriate.

From the actual tweet he replied to: "Shame on you and EA". That was way personal and not even the only tweet in his and other gurus' mentions blaming them personally. Though the one he replied to reached a whole different level of low.

I don't blame him for replying the way he did. It was way tame considering the comparison in that tweet.
  • x4m1r4x4m1r4 Posts: 3,901 Member

@SimTrippy Yep! I do agree that they could raise their concern too, but somehow, it makes me feel like EA is relying on them (ref to the GC-especially those with "big names") only and only they can make a difference. I wish that EA is listening & acknowledging our concern, those who's paying to play, not those who're playing to get paid.

And, what is that with the tweet?! :o I've read the whole thread & I was kinda speechless. TBF, both sides are wrong. Personal attack on things that one can't control & also replying in an unprofessional manner. I guess, this year is going to be rough for EA, and TS4 in particular.
    OID:- x4m1r4
    Bluegayle wrote: »

No I agree, it isn't. But how exactly did EA not see this coming? How did the gurus themselves - be they to blame or not - not foresee these types of reactions? The smartest thing they can do is either publicly address the backlash in a measured, reasonable and honest way, or not respond at all. Especially not with sentences like "don't body shame my flops". That would probably go a very long way to avoid such "unfair attacks" (still think we shouldn't blow the attack word out of proportion cause that tweet was quite clearly more about EA than it was about him as a person, but whatever). And if I'm being honest, Ninja has developed a real knack for making similarly sarcastic comments about this community or the things we want/don't want, like or miss in the game. He doesn't need to "go cry in a corner" and he doesn't need to be told to be ashamed, fine, but maybe he could stop throwing gasoline on the fire?

This!!
  • FelicityFelicity Posts: 4,979 Member

Maybe it's my twitter feed, but I don't see any personal attacks against him? Someone called the 20th anniversary a big fat flop, and he said something about stop body shaming his flops (which is pretty obnoxious right there). Then someone else complained about EA, and he said the corner comment.

He probably should be quiet, because both those answers, at least as they appeared in my feed, were pretty inappropriate.

From the actual tweet he replied to: "Shame on you and EA". That was way personal and not even the only tweet in his and other gurus' mentions blaming them personally. Though the one he replied to reached a whole different level of low.

I don't blame him for replying the way he did. It was way tame considering the comparison in that tweet.

Given that that "shame on you" is directly after his "don't body shame my flops" comment, it's hard to say what he's being "shamed" for with the following comment. His first comment was awful -- the type of mocking you see on social media over body positivity -- which I'm actually surprised is still up. The "shame on you and EA," while not kind, is not anywhere near the same league, and perhaps he shouldn't have brought up shame to begin with.

Given that that "shame on you" is directly after his "don't body shame my flops" comment, it's hard to say what he's being "shamed" for with the following comment. His first comment was awful -- the type of mocking you see on social media over body positivity -- which I'm actually surprised is still up. The "shame on you and EA," while not kind, is not anywhere near the same league, and perhaps he shouldn't have brought up shame to begin with.

I agree so much, I would much better like it if he didn't say anything in the first place. OR Like a professional, worded and brought attention to it in a professional manner like "We appreciate all the feedback we are getting and are working to improve." ...but no he has to come off as arrogant like that. He needs to stay out of the kitchen if he can't handle the heat/fire.
This discussion has been closed.
Return to top