Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

What would you want to see in a Future Free Update?

Comments

• Options
    friendlysimmersfriendlysimmers Posts: 7,546 Member
    retro style topload washers with matching dryers cars more choice for male sims kids more toggles options to turn off features not use by player in the game
    If you went the sims5 to remain offline feel free to sign this petition http://chng.it/gtfHPhHK please note that it is also to keep the gallery

Repose en paix mamie tu va me manquer :

1923-2016 mamie :'(
  • Options
    cody6268cody6268 Posts: 643 Member
    If firefighters can be done, so can police officers and burglars; as well as home security systems. They can use the same outfits as used in Get To Work (that's done), and quite likely, even some of the same animations. Given as much of what is needed is already in the game, why not? And in the same patch, for those with Get to Work, Firefighter could be a Profession.

The color wheel has me a little curious--I wonder how much work would it take? Obviously, in my mind, it is something that should be patched in due to it not making sense coming with any pack. Many clothing items in TS4 are limited in their swatches; and if I want it to match, say, the photo of whoever I was using as the base of a Sim, too often, I can't do that.

Cars would likely not work in the worlds (unless, say, they use a modification of the routing for the "fake" cars that often go up and down streets), and will need a whole new world. And, I bet the engine couldn't accommodate them.
  • Options
    Hearts4uHearts4u Posts: 1,775 Member

All I want is the babies to be fixed. Nothing else interest me. Just please don't have babies being placed on the floor.
    Origin ID: littlebonnieblue
  • Options
    joRN1414joRN1414 Posts: 1,669 Member
    Hats that look like they fit
    Hairbands for all ages, male or female.
    Mrs. Crumplebottom
    Body Hair and more tattoos
    Bracelets
    Clutter of all kinds (especially kitchen and bathroom)
    More wall art types
    More park items

"Life is a banquet and most poor suckers are starving to death!" -Auntie Mame
  • Options
    RapunzelblondeRapunzelblonde Posts: 51 Member
    More paintings with higher environment points.
    The ability to adjust the height of mirrors on walls.
    Round walls.
    Curved pool shapes.
    Pond tool.
    More trendy/modern tile designs for walls and floors.
    More trendy/modern hanging light fixtures.
    Sims able to swim and do other water activities on beach in Brindleton Bay.
  • Options
    RobotSimken123RobotSimken123 Posts: 3 New Member
    How about buying clothing, shoes and accessories in the Sims 4 game play? My reason is as follows; in the Sims 4 you are able to open multiple different types of businesses among other a clothing store but why would you want to waste simoleons on clothing when you can change and edit your outfit for free with a dresser and/ or closet at home?
    I suggest that in the beginning of your game (in CAS) you have the option of creating 5 different looks/ outfits for each clothing category then when you are done creating your Sim or Sim family and start game play you can then go to a clothing store and buy new clothes (wouldn't it be great if the sims could have happy moodlet for shopping? Or if your tense sim can relieve stress through 'retail therapy'? This could also affect Sims with the materialistic trait). Even when you start a clothing store business you can then purchase your merchandise and add your own pricing, you can even decide if you only want to sell menswear, kids, women or all etc.
    I would also like to see a career in fashion design with a sewing skill (a sewing machine too - obviously) where you can create new outfits or individual pieces of clothing like tops and bottoms etc, and be able to host fashion shows. The quality and different styles/ colours of the garments will depend on your sewing skill. Much like when you reach a certain level in a career you unlock an outfit. FYI I would also like to be able to edit a career outfit.
  • Options
    > @NoirStasis said:
    > (Quote)
    >
    > Criminals should be brought back and cops unlocked from GTW pack for free.
    >
    > If they were going to do a pack, what do you think about expanding on like home security stuff pack, that would come with different tiers of security from old school cams that move with movement to stick up cams that can be solar powered ( Sims that are mad could kick the panel out of place/criminals can misplace it on purpose), to being over the top and having a security room for rich Sims and the ability to hire a security guard and pick days you want them to come watch you or your stuff.
    >
    > They can bring back the alarm panel, and add sensors to it so when there is movement it will trigger and the alarm will go off; also a pet mode option so it doesn't go off when the pet is moving. Depending on what security system as Sim has, they can get notifications on their phone that the alarm is going off and to call the police if they aren't home. Burglars would be a rare event, but depending on how lucky/unlucky, rich, the security they have, whether they unknowingly know a criminal (who the criminal is when they rob will be hidden until they're caught), etc a Sim is the probably will change. Higher up criminals will more likely challenge robbing rich Sims and their vaults more/ or play smart and stick to what they know and stay away from the rich Sims.
    >
    > If they brought back criminals, the lawyer and cop careers could tie into the base game so much more. And if someone doesn't have gtw or university, the ability to call the cops would still be available in the base game on the phone and through the security system if they have the pack.

You can also have the option of choosing insurance, i.e. if you have cheap insurance the payout for stolen or burnt objects will be less than what you payed for and vice versa. Your insurance premium can also be affected by your security system and this insurance can be added to your household bills.
  • Options
    LenaDietersLenaDieters Posts: 254 Member
    1. memory system like in sims 2
    2. Traits to make more of a difference
    3. Wants and fears like in Sims 2 based on personality and personal circumstances
    4. More consequences plus unforeseen consequences
  • Options
    I would love it if blind and online dating be made available in The Sims 4 with compatibility traits and maybe a percentage of how compatible your sim is with their partner, i.e. The 'good' trait will be compatible with the 'good' and 'friendly' trait.
  • Options
    _Gina_Gina Posts: 253 Member
    Split inventories for bookcases and fridges. But mainly the bookcases. I want a toddler to have their toddler books to look at while their mom has her romance novels locked up in her bedroom!
  • Options
    ChazzzyChazzzy Posts: 7,166 Member
    I'd like the ability to view a Sim's past jobs/careers. I'd like to see what they were, what level they were at, and if the Sim quit, was fired, or transitioned into a different career.
  • Options
    KasanthKasanth Posts: 166 Member
    I dont know if they could do this for free. But there is one thing I would love to see.
    That is a blank town map with the tools for us players to put roads, and lots, where ever we want.
    So we could make our own towns.
  • Options
    NoirStasisNoirStasis Posts: 243 Member
    Chazzzy wrote: »
    I'd like the ability to view a Sim's past jobs/careers. I'd like to see what they were, what level they were at, and if the Sim quit, was fired, or transitioned into a different career.

I love this idea. Would be nice if they brought memories back and they would add this to that.
  • Options
    NoirStasisNoirStasis Posts: 243 Member
    How about buying clothing, shoes and accessories in the Sims 4 game play? My reason is as follows; in the Sims 4 you are able to open multiple different types of businesses among other a clothing store but why would you want to waste simoleons on clothing when you can change and edit your outfit for free with a dresser and/ or closet at home?
    I suggest that in the beginning of your game (in CAS) you have the option of creating 5 different looks/ outfits for each clothing category then when you are done creating your Sim or Sim family and start game play you can then go to a clothing store and buy new clothes (wouldn't it be great if the sims could have happy moodlet for shopping? Or if your tense sim can relieve stress through 'retail therapy'? This could also affect Sims with the materialistic trait). Even when you start a clothing store business you can then purchase your merchandise and add your own pricing, you can even decide if you only want to sell menswear, kids, women or all etc.
    I would also like to see a career in fashion design with a sewing skill (a sewing machine too - obviously) where you can create new outfits or individual pieces of clothing like tops and bottoms etc, and be able to host fashion shows. The quality and different styles/ colours of the garments will depend on your sewing skill. Much like when you reach a certain level in a career you unlock an outfit. FYI I would also like to be able to edit a career outfit.

Yes yes yes! And bring back shopping bags that they carry after they bought something like in TS2 Open for business. I wish they would have to buy the stuff before it showed up in CAS and an option to turn it off for those who don't want to do that.
  • Options
    Carl_Veluz1992Carl_Veluz1992 Posts: 500 Member
    I would like to see Sim-owned Vehicles with garages, Improved Babies with strollers, bunk beds, spiral staircase & Police NPC
  • Options
    VarkarrusVarkarrus Posts: 4 New Member
    I want to see "similar" skills actually boost each other, particularly specialized versions of skills boosting the base skill. Doing anything that raises your Cooking skill should also increase your Gourmet Cooking and Baking skills by a smaller amount, and vice versa, i.e. Same with Logic, Programming, and Research & Debate. Fitness & Wellness. Handiness and Rocket Science.
  • Options
    NationalPokedexNationalPokedex Posts: 829 Member
    Texture update on the BG and early packs. Lot of hairs I don’t use because the textures are not great even if the style is fine.

Small tables and chairs for toddlers
    Low lying dining tables (or just a way to sit on the floor while eating food).

Ability to better control a Sims journey through school/work. Picking what kind of schools Sims go to, what grades they’re in, what classes they take. Ability to accept or decline promotions at work.

Animation updates for things like cooking to bring back more details like getting things out of drawers and cabinets. Pouring dish soap for the dishes and applying soap when washing hands. Actually turning on the radio or changing the station with their hands on the radio as opposed to using a remote.

The ability to the cellphone battery to die so Sims need to charge it or it won’t be useable at all.
  • Options
    kkamilyonkkamilyon Posts: 2 New Member
    I would like an empty world that I could customize with my own lots. Online dating apps on computer or phone.
  • Options
    KnockoutRoseKnockoutRose Posts: 4 New Member
    There is only one thing I want and I am willing to beg for it and write in daily until it happens, and that's they/them pronouns for Sims.
  • Options
    BriarBriar Posts: 3 New Member
    Oh my gosh ditto on what KnockoutRose said. I desperately want they/them (and other nonbinary pronouns!) options. It seems like that shouldn't be too hard to program, I'm pretty sure that pronouns only come up in the notifications right?
  • Options
    HwontonHwonton Posts: 3 New Member
    Island Living Pack - things to add please

- Sims can wear a flower behind their ear to show they're single (right ear) or in a relationship (left ear).
    - Please add ukuleles to instrument list
    - Shave ice stands at the beach
    - Wooden stand up paddle boards would be fun
    - Calendar alerts when festivals are on
    - climb a coconut tree. coconuts can fall and kill you
    - hammocks and hanging chairs
    - Can eat seaweed caught while fishing if you're a mermaid
  • Options
    ChadSims2ChadSims2 Posts: 5,090 Member
    I want a traits overhaul that actually adds a personality with the traits such as mean Sim not walking around with a smile well unless the Sims does something mean or a neat Sim sometimes dusting objects when not doing something let me see their personality with the way they behave naturally with actual animations.

Car ownership, carpools and npc cars like the fire trucks for our poofing firemen

Freed babies that are a real life stage that can interact with the world and not just a bassinet

Preteens going from toys to a fully grown adult is weird

Fear emotion
    Sims 4 went from "You Rule" to "One of the stories we want you to tell"
  • Options
    Janiebug1122Janiebug1122 Posts: 25 Member
    edited June 2020
    Laundry: I'd love it if instead of having to 1. Put clothing in the washer AND 2. Start the washer, that just putting clothing in the washer would then prompt it to start. Same with the dryer.

I'd also like it if we can build our Sims to be, at minimum, straight/homosexual/bisexual. Then it should make it so that, for example, a homosexual flirts only with those of the same sexual orientation.
  • Options
    DevSims91DevSims91 Posts: 470 Member
    More hair colors for all sims, Natural and Unnatural of course, more swatches, teens have their own height, more stuff to do, make plantsims an actual life state. More accessories for kids and clothes for them, they have this picture of a child sim who is an idol to other child sims fangirl/fanboy over to the game. Another town for famous sims. The ability to have trash and the ability to go green/industrial in all worlds (as in let other towns get voting lots to). Personal sim bio’s and the ability to add their favorite colors and other stuff like that... More iPad and computer colors. More dye colors for the sims who create furniture, heck just more items to craft.

Give kids more aspirations (I want to see my child get crushes and on dates with them. I want my gay 12 year old sims to go on a date)
  • Options
    chuckjaymoorechuckjaymoore Posts: 60 Member
    I would like to see more pre-built lots in the "My Library" portion of the Gallery. Cats and Dogs, Dine Out, Parenthood, Spa Day, Tiny Living, Bowling Night Stuff, and Romantic Garden Stuff add lots to "My Library". I would be happy if other packs including Get To Work, Strangerville, Vampires, etc. could add Lots/venues to "My Library". I like what's currently provided to "My Library", but adding more items would make my experience much better. This may mean a larger download size for the base game and packs, but I would rather download a larger file than to have to deal with the Gallery being constantly down all the time. I lost count of how many times I couldn't connect to the Gallery. Even the Console version of "My library" has much more items than the PC version. I like the Gallery (as I'm not a huge fan of build/buy mode), but I only use builds uploaded to the Maxis account. Most of the builds in the Gallery use items from every single pack and that results with me having several items removed. This makes the builds feel watered down and knowing something's missing just make me think: meh. With internet speeds being faster, I don't think adding a few lots to "My Library" per pack will make much a difference. It's easier finding prebuilt lots in "My Library" than having to search the Gallery.
    Gallery ID: 1mooresimmer
    YouTube channel: youtube.com/@1mooresimmer/
    TikTok: tiktok.com/@1mooresimmer