Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

What would you want to see in a Future Free Update?

Comments

• Options
    iatechickenlegiatechickenleg Posts: 1 New Member
    Yes!!!! The sims 3 has it and it was quite a hit! I'm surprised they haven't added it in the sims 4!
  • Options
    ElizaG2016ElizaG2016 Posts: 35 Member
    I would love NPC story progression and open neighborhoods! I hate having to go through a loading screen to walk across the street...
  • Options
    NoirStasisNoirStasis Posts: 243 Member
    ElizaG2016 wrote: »
    I would love NPC story progression and open neighborhoods! I hate having to go through a loading screen to walk across the street...

Looks like at least story progression might actually be a thing. I wonder if they were hinting at them being able to open the immediate area in the neighborhood with " focusing on relationships outside the household and the ability to control Sims outside the household"
  • Options
    DKclaraDKclara Posts: 1 New Member
    I would love for my sims to be able to take a loan. I don’t always want to use cheats or mods in my game, so the possibility to take a loan would be amazing! Then the sims could slowly pay it off as they make more money - kind of like how you pay your student loan in University. So yeah - a bank update would be so cool!
  • Options
    amp107amp107 Posts: 205 Member
    I really want an option in build mode to toggle any residential lot as for rent or purchase, giving us the option to build our own apartments in any neighborhood or have our sims rent homes instead of being forced to buy. Currently, our broke young adult sims are forced to choose to either rent in San myshuno or buy a plumb house.

0IzRxZE.jpg
  • Options
    lauralizwoodlauralizwood Posts: 1 New Member
    I would really like to see physical and or mental disabilities added to the game! Adding things like wheelchairs etc. would make the game more inclusive and all encompassing. I totally understand that it would probably provide many challenges to the game designers/creators but I hope this is something they're working towards.
  • Options
    cmsize11cmsize11 Posts: 1 New Member
    I think maybe a more open concept world would be more helpful so we can hop around from different sim households quicker. I also think not for the actual gameplay, but in general have a faster loading screens because having every pack and waiting for my game to load can take time. One last suggestion would be a toddler and child update. Maybe something like more hair options, clothing items, SHOES, and general accessories.
  • Options
    DKclara wrote: »
    I would love for my sims to be able to take a loan. I don’t always want to use cheats or mods in my game, so the possibility to take a loan would be amazing! Then the sims could slowly pay it off as they make more money - kind of like how you pay your student loan in University. So yeah - a bank update would be so cool!

I know its not exactly the same but Sims with higher charisma can ask for small and large loans from Sims and pay them back. For now you can pretend to borrow from say one of the San Myshuno business/politicians and pretend that they are a loan shark as a side business and you have to pay back with interest.
  • Options
    cmsize11 wrote: »
    I think maybe a more open concept world would be more helpful so we can hop around from different sim households quicker. I also think not for the actual gameplay, but in general have a faster loading screens because having every pack and waiting for my game to load can take time. One last suggestion would be a toddler and child update. Maybe something like more hair options, clothing items, SHOES, and general accessories.

Yeah I've said something similar to this ( at least open immediate area where they can go next door or knock on apartments without hitting a loading screen.) One thing they can do is unlock "unnatural" hair colors the be genetic for people that play aliens and other occults that want their alien children to be allowed to have pink hair.
  • Options
    Sigzy05Sigzy05 Posts: 19,406 Member
    Individual sim biographies.
    mHdgPlU.jpg?1
  • Options
    texxx78texxx78 Posts: 5,657 Member
    Sigzy05 wrote: »
    Individual sim biographies.

Yes! And exportable...
  • Options
    Saturn830Saturn830 Posts: 54 Member
    Focusing on things that are at least semi-realistic in the sense that they wouldn't be relegated to paid expansions or beyond the capabilities/desires of the the development team for this game:

-Story Progression (only included because the recent survey indicates it's something they're seriously considering)
    -Build-a-World (also included because they've specifically mentioned it's within the realm of possibility in the past)
    -If not a full CASt option, then at the very least the ability to mix and match all possible combinations on multi-color/pattern items
    -The ability to manually adjust lifespans and season lengths
    -The ability to manually assign existing skill levels, career levels, and funds to older sims, similar to the system that currently exists to add them randomly
    -Increase in total number of trait slots (five would be reasonable)
    -A Fear emotion + improvements to the emotion system similar to what modders like RoBurker have done
    -Greater effect of traits of personalities and, ideally, relationships
    -Improved babies
    -Tweaked teen heights
    -Firefighter NPC, and Cop + Burglar ideally as well

And while it's definitely more of a stretch, I still would really like to see redesigned bigger base worlds as well. If they were to even add a couple of additional residential neighborhoods and just one more commercial one to each mainline map it would do wonders for making the gameworld feel a lot bigger (and they would still ultimately be smaller than in 3). Heck, just add the empty lots and let us fill them in if actually making new buildings and sims for them is too much work.

coogee78 wrote: »
    I'd like some UI improvements.

I was thinking the other day how it would be nice to temporarily 'pin' certain items in CAS or build mode, so that if there's a few different hair or clothing or furniture options we're still deciding between we don't have to scroll back and forth through a whole bunch of stuff we don't want.
  • Options
    LenaDietersLenaDieters Posts: 254 Member
    I would want wants and fears back from sims 2 and the memory system from sims 2.

Also burglars
  • Options
    Mariefoxprice83Mariefoxprice83 Posts: 8,109 Member
    Fears and the fear emotion. Spiral staircases.
    Better to reign in Hell, than serve in Heaven.
  • Options
    Saturn830Saturn830 Posts: 54 Member
    If they're serious about adding stuff to existing EPs as was indicated in a recent survey, there are a lot of tweaks they could make to improve both the expansion content and the game as a whole.

Get To Work: Give more existing careers the 'active' option (at the very least the ones that really seem made for it like Astronaut, Criminal, Entertainer, and Spy); Give all existing careers that don't already have it the 'work from home' option; Expand the illness system and give the option for sick sims to go to the doctor; Add some lots to the various residential worlds that allow for the placement of the active career venues and some of the retail values from this expansion (both for immersion and so all Sims don't have to commute to Willow Creek for work and shopping)

Get Together: Add the option to create bands, and a few more instruments and skill lines to go with them; Make some of the more requested tweaks to the existing club system like larger member limits

City Living: Add a few apartment lots to other worlds where appropriate; Expand the basketball options and include a basketball skill line (similar to the bowling one from the related GP)

Cats & Dogs: Bring back the ability to control pets; Add in some small pet options like birds and lizards; Include and expand the rodent options from the GP and give those who already bought that pack some extra content as a trade-off

Seasons: Bring back allergies; Bring back additional outdoor activities like rollerskating and snowboarding; Make Skating a true skill line; Allow sunburns for those who don't have Island Living

Get Famous: Expand Del Sol Valley into a world appropriate for an actual payed expansion; Split the base game Entertainer career into separate Musician and Comedian careers and give them the active option like Actors

Island Living: Bring back the Death by Shark

Discover University: Expand the bike and laptop options; Bring back the Soccer Goal and associated skill line to go along with the after school activity
  • Options
    klattipklattip Posts: 20 Member
    Ability to buy a vacation home! It seems like the infrastructure is already in place (buying retail business, vet shop, restaurant) but it bothers me to have to use one of these classifications as a family's vacation home.
    Going along with this, I would love the ability to own a vacation home in any existing world - both normal and vacation worlds.

Also, a baby update so that we can move them around with their parents and NPC story progression.
  • Options
    cccourtccccourtc Posts: 1 New Member
    I wish we had the option for our sims to be monogamous or polyamorous. I myself am lifestyle and dislike how my sims have to cheat when they shouldn't. You should be able to choose which option you like best when creating your character and maybe even be able to change your declaration at any time (almost like when your sim convinces another sim to break up with someone). We can already make transgender sims and sims can woohoo with whatever gender they prefer. Wouldn't this be a natural progression and make things more realistic for those who are non-monogamous?
  • Options
    Bluebeard45Bluebeard45 Posts: 3,889 Member
    Please fix the babies then a pool slide.
  • Options
    nymfanymfa Posts: 4 New Member
    Hello, I would like to have in the game:

1.genealogy (cousins, mother-in-law, etc.), cemetery
    2. set which traits I want in the world and which I don't
    3. possibility to place a hospital in the city and marking the building as a hospital. where to go when a sim gets sick. Possibility of vaccination
    4.NPC located in houses to have a girlfriend / boyfriend over time, have a wedding and children. Keep jumping so the city doesn't die out.
    5.More cribs, clothes for newborns.

Thank you for your concern.

Excuse my possible spelling mistakes. I am Czech
  • Options
    SkaiWolfSkaiWolf Posts: 1 New Member
    I would love more realistic ideas around injury and sicknesses. Like cutting fingers while cooking could require bandaids, being electrocuted could require a hospital visit which overall gives more use to the Get to Work pack. Sicknesses can have other sims talk to them and ask if they're feeling alright, some sims can lay down if they're feeling unwell and if they start to become feverish it requires a hospital visit. Maybe add more injuries too, like falling down stairs or ridiculous things like that.
  • Options
    NationalPokedexNationalPokedex Posts: 829 Member
    SkaiWolf wrote: »
    I would love more realistic ideas around injury and sicknesses. Like cutting fingers while cooking could require bandaids, being electrocuted could require a hospital visit which overall gives more use to the Get to Work pack. Sicknesses can have other sims talk to them and ask if they're feeling alright, some sims can lay down if they're feeling unwell and if they start to become feverish it requires a hospital visit. Maybe add more injuries too, like falling down stairs or ridiculous things like that.

I feel like Sims should be able to die from illnesses.
  • Options
    LoanetLoanet Posts: 4,079 Member
    Some more lots added to the old Game Pack worlds. I mean, look at Strangerville Nevada. It's just so empty. But not happening.

Instead, I'd like them to work out burgulars and police. Especially now that we have firemen.
    Prepping a list of mods to add after Infants are placed into the game. Because real life isn't 'nice'.
  • Options
    SthenastiaSthenastia Posts: 651 Member
    If someaone form EA read this (I hope that yes), I would like to see:

- cabinet skins and color fix
    - beds and bedding choose color split (as it was in TS2)
    - more playable apartments in San Myshuno (just more apartmenst in another floors)
    - MUCH more lots in Del Sol Valley (for example [url=https://i.imgur.com/6BtAu7J.png] like here[/url]
    - maps visual correction (like [url=https://sims.arhn.eu/wp-content/uploads/2019/01/Oaza-Zdroj-Sims-4-mapa.png]this[/url]
    - more CAS and BM objects (just few modern sutff)
    - memory system
    - open neighborhoods (no worlds), just several lots around one street.
    - NPC who can take care of our pets (new service)
  • Options
    drakharisdrakharis Posts: 1,478 Member
    I still want to see bugs and problems in the game fixed before my wishlist.

Wishlist (not ordered necessarily by the level of want need and importance):

Spiral staircases

traits meaning something

more autonomy

cars trucks and other vehicles (EA seems to on an Eco kick lately. They can give us hybrid cars and a Tesla in the game)

more traits

more aspirations

A wealth pack which would give benefits for living large. Why should my sims only get a bonus for being forced into a claustrophobic inducing space? Not all sims like people are going to care about being or going green. May as well have larger lots, horse stables, stable people, a higher cap of how much the household funds are going to be.

hotels

banks

more career options.

more stuff in the game, stuff and expansion packs it's insane the cost for packs with very little content.

more occults and supernaturals - Fairies, Elves, Werewolves. genies, ghosts. With each occult, a world or two added for the different occults. Elves would give us tree houses to build and the Realm of Faerie with both Seelie and Unseelie courts. Ghosts with the astral plane that other occults can freely go to. Genies with the world inside their bottle. paranormal investigators, hunters (vampires, spellcasters, ghosts, aliens etc. including hunters within an occult like a vampire who is a vampire hunter.)

A playable alien homeworld where we can build with alien specific build and buy items. Foods, plants, skin details, and clothes that are alien-looking or alien in nature. Alien foods would give random buffs to non-aliens. Alien abilities set up like the talents for spellcasters. Aliens really got the short end of the stick where occults are concerned.

Improved Babies, toddlers and children.

I personally would love for kids to be able to have a first love. with innocent cute actions like being able to have with their first love. I would love for our kids to be able to play hide and seek, tag, Four Corners, jump rope (double dutch), have them able to learn ballet, gymnastics, martia; arts, have space camp, the option of going to private school for preschool - university. Have homeschooling/online schooling. Have charter schools. Have reform school. Have military school. The option for our teens to graduate early and start university early.

Baby showers and prom as events with goals to accomplish

Bachelor/Bacheloette parties could a rabbit hole event with a buff when returning home. It could be a happy, flirty, stressed, sad. Maybe our sim has second thoughts while there. Maybe they are tense because it's almost time for the wedding. and are worried something bad will happen. Be able to have our sims get stood up at the alter. Bridezilla and so much more.

Actions having real consequences. Unless my sim has the player trait if they are caught cheatinng it should have serious consqences. An example I went to play Caleb Vatore in a past game. When I got to his household he had a full romance bar with Victor Feng. My sim was clubbing and Caleb and Victor had woohooed in the closet while my sim was there. If Lily were to catch Victor in the act of cheating she'd be mad for the day and all would be fine the next day. No real consquences. No kicking him out. No calling the lawyer. No taking him for all he is worth. No messy divorse with Victor saying that she was cold to him, frigid and never wanted to woohoo or even kiss or hold hands to the judge. He had to find intamacy outside the marriage. While Lily telling the judge that all romantic interations are disgusting. That being affectionate at all is disgusting.

Playtesting - not just tabletop games and card games any more. Really that should have been playtested in Beta and not [img]just with accounting and marketing but actual players. https://i.imgur.com/t48COW6.jpg[/img]
  • Options
    GilbertStrangePennyGilbertStrangePenny Posts: 37 Member
    Burglars/Police
    Sims 3 personality tab
    Memories
    More emotions
    Uh hello, Based Department?