Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Murphy bed death

Comments

• Options
    Pamtastic72Pamtastic72 Posts: 4,545 Member
    In the next update
    Glimmer50 wrote: »
    Cheekyimp wrote: »
    If modders can turn death off, I'm betting they can turn that sucker right back up again if it gets nerfed, personally I've got the mod to prevent death as it is alarmingly too frequent for my liking, but I have the option to not have it and thats fine by me. It will be nerfed, I'm sure of it.

Why should I have to mod my game, to restore a feature I paid for already? Why can’t those who bought this pack knowing this was a feature mod their game to stop it or slow it down. It’s one thing to take features out of the pack you paid for, but it’s a whole other kettle of fish to insist on removing things from a pack others paid for.

This was an advertised feature in the pack, it was in the trailer, the devs touted it on Twitter, it was in the livestream. There was no ambiguity about it. It’s one of the reasons I bought the pack. I want elements of surprise, I want adversity, I want comedic “bad” things to happen, and every single time we get something that promises just that a vocal minority of dollhouse players throw a fit and get it nixed. It’s like if you order a bacon cheeseburger and someone at the counter announces they don’t like bacon or there’s too much bacon, and so the waiter comes and starts pulling the bacon out of everybody’s burgers.

Exactly!! For those that don't want it in their game. Mod it out. It was advertised that it could kill your Sim. Use at your own risk, save often, upgrade the bed or mod it out- so many choices besides nerfing it so it hardly works anymore. I wish we still had death by meteor.

Yes!
  • Options
    SimAlexandriaSimAlexandria Posts: 4,845 Member
    Never
    Becka28 wrote: »
    They will take it away. We are always losing features we paid for.

No fire deaths anymore
    Vampires dont visit
    Ni Alien abductions
    No new plants from grafted plants (4 generations waiting on the one plant and still nothing)
    Premades cant be spell casters (just horrible NPCs)
    Emotional death almost impossible

Perhaps EA needs to think about on/off switches rather than removing the elements all together.

My Sims are always dying from fire and emotions and getting abducted? I dont' have vampires so won't comment on that...
  • Options
    LindsaySeddon1LindsaySeddon1 Posts: 284 Member
    In the next update
    I can't remember the last time my sims died of anything other than old age. I would welcome any kind of surprise death, even if it means game over.
  • Options
    edited January 2020
    In the next update
    SheriSim57 wrote: »
    So, can you update the Murphy bed so it doesn’t kill your sims? I don’t know why they didn’t just make 2 versions of the bed.... one deadly and one not deadly..... that would easily solve it so people who want deaths have them...,those who don’t want deaths don’t get them. I just bought the stuff pack. How exactly does it currently work? Does high Fitness keep you from dying?

Or...you can just upgrade the existing bed. So far as I know the bed doesn’t kill while being repaired/upgraded. It only kills very randomly if it’s not upgraded an/or broken. Every variation of an asset costs time and money to make, leading to the cutting of another element in the pack. The fact is every single one of these surprise consequential elements
    1. Fire death
    2. Emotional death
    3. Alien abductions
    4. Vampire break-ins
    5. Dryer fire
    6. Weather deaths
    7. Murphy bed death

All have an in game mechanic to prevent or reduce them.
    1. Fire alarms + fire sprinklers
    2. Mirrors
    3. Satellite dish
    4. Garlic, not reading tomes, not researching on the computer, door locks
    5. Upgrading the object to eliminate fire, fire alarms+fire sprinklers
    6. Toggle switch eliminating weather effects on Sims in the game settings
    7. Upgrading the bed
    All of the above, using the no death toggle in the dev cheats (see Carl’s Sims4 guide)

Everyone of these things were openly advertised features of the packs they were included in. I bought all of the packs because these features were included and now except for the Murphy bed death most of them are virtually gone from the game. Why am I and others like me not due a refund for part of the purchase price of these packs, since part of what we paid for is now gone and not at all by our consent?

Everyone who bought these packs for furniture and clothes and the like knew this was the risk they took, and knew there were ways in game to reduce or eliminate them if they wished, but chose not to employ those measures to remove them from their own game, but complained loudly and often enough to have them eliminated from everyone’s game.

I am begging you @SimGuruNick to not cave in this time to the complaining! PLEASE don’t “slightly” tune this one little bit of quirky, comedic danger out of the game. Please, please, please, let those of us who enjoy the traditional unexpected randomness and “danger” have this one little thing, untampered with and not dampened down into virtual non-existence. 🙏🙏🙏🙏🙏🙏🙏🙏🙏🙏🙏🙏🙏🙏🙏
  • Options
    CamkatCamkat Posts: 2,329 Member
    In the next update
    I don't think they should be nerfed, but they will be. As others have already mentioned, there are ways to prevent it. As with everything else that's been added in the past and then nerfed, I'm sure this will suffer the same fate. :(
    Origin ID: Peapod79
  • Options
    BabykittyjadeBabykittyjade Posts: 4,975 Member
    In the next update
    I’ve already seen complaints. Even though it’s an advertised feature of the pack, and frankly I am tired of things I paid for getting removed, or reduced. 😡
    • Alien abductions
    • Vampire residential break-ins
    • Weather related deaths

If they’re going to take things I paid for out then shouldn’t I be refunded a portion of the purchase price? If you’re buying a pack that contains certain features and you only want the furniture and the clothes then tough. You assume the risk of encountering those features. Maybe they should set up something like the S3 store. People who want the whole pack can buy it for the prices they’re currently charged at, and those who only want furniture & clothing can go to the store and buy individual items for like .99 per object or whatever they would charge.

That's exactly why I voted yes for a ts4 store in another thread on here. Everyone was against it. But then they wouldn't have to nerf all the good stuff and everyone could buy what they want😢
    Zombies, oh please oh please give us zombies!! :'(
  • Options
    AedanStarfangAedanStarfang Posts: 272 Member
    I think the various deaths/interactions probably vary from player to player. I have not had any vampire break-ins, however I have encountered abductions a few times (though tbf an alien celebrity also lived in that house). Death by fire is by far the most common type of death in my game (Laundry Day only increased the odds of a fire on the lot), though fortunately most of my sims seem to have the sense to actually put out the fires instead of flailing their arms around and pointing.

I did purchase Tiny Stuff, have yet to explore it but I probably won't use Murphy beds, as I don't painstakingly create sims in CAS and develop their skills only to have them be crushed to death by a bed. Others seem to be very excited about that notion, more power to you but I will avoid using it.
  • Options
    In the next update
    I’ve already seen complaints. Even though it’s an advertised feature of the pack, and frankly I am tired of things I paid for getting removed, or reduced. 😡
    • Alien abductions
    • Vampire residential break-ins
    • Weather related deaths

If they’re going to take things I paid for out then shouldn’t I be refunded a portion of the purchase price? If you’re buying a pack that contains certain features and you only want the furniture and the clothes then tough. You assume the risk of encountering those features. Maybe they should set up something like the S3 store. People who want the whole pack can buy it for the prices they’re currently charged at, and those who only want furniture & clothing can go to the store and buy individual items for like .99 per object or whatever they would charge.

That's exactly why I voted yes for a ts4 store in another thread on here. Everyone was against it. But then they wouldn't have to nerf all the good stuff and everyone could buy what they want😢

I advocated for it too. My thought was continue to offer whole packs at the same prices they’re currently at. Then break out build buy and CAS objects to sell individually or in sets for the dollhouse players to purchase and use without endangering their precious pixels. Then those of us who want Vampires with fully functioning vampires, Laundry Day with dryer fire, Murphy bed death, alien abductions and all of the other wonderfully weird and funny Sim danger can buy a whole pack and enjoy it in its full capacity!
  • Options
    edited January 2020
    In the next update
    I think the various deaths/interactions probably vary from player to player. I have not had any vampire break-ins, however I have encountered abductions a few times (though tbf an alien celebrity also lived in that house). Death by fire is by far the most common type of death in my game (Laundry Day only increased the odds of a fire on the lot), though fortunately most of my sims seem to have the sense to actually put out the fires instead of flailing their arms around and pointing.

I did purchase Tiny Stuff, have yet to explore it but I probably won't use Murphy beds, as I don't painstakingly create sims in CAS and develop their skills only to have them be crushed to death by a bed. Others seem to be very excited about that notion, more power to you but I will avoid using it.

If you want to use the bed without danger you can increase handiness skill and upgrade the Murphy bed to 100% safety. Whenever they put one of these “dangers” in a pack they give players the power to tone it down or eliminate it themselves but many don’t and then get it eliminated or close to it for all. That’s the point of this post...
    SheriSim57 wrote: »
    So, can you update the Murphy bed so it doesn’t kill your sims? I don’t know why they didn’t just make 2 versions of the bed.... one deadly and one not deadly..... that would easily solve it so people who want deaths have them...,those who don’t want deaths don’t get them. I just bought the stuff pack. How exactly does it currently work? Does high Fitness keep you from dying?

Or...you can just upgrade the existing bed. So far as I know the bed doesn’t kill while being repaired/upgraded. It only kills very randomly if it’s not upgraded an/or broken. Every variation of an asset costs time and money to make, leading to the cutting of another element in the pack. The fact is every single one of these surprise consequential elements
    1. Fire death
    2. Emotional death
    3. Alien abductions
    4. Vampire break-ins
    5. Dryer fire
    6. Weather deaths
    7. Murphy bed death

All have an in game mechanic to prevent or reduce them.
    1. Fire alarms + fire sprinklers
    2. Mirrors
    3. Satellite dish
    4. Garlic, not reading tomes, not researching on the computer, door locks
    5. Upgrading the object to eliminate fire, fire alarms+fire sprinklers
    6. Toggle switch eliminating weather effects on Sims in the game settings
    7. Upgrading the bed
    All of the above, using the no death toggle in the dev cheats (see Carl’s Sims4 guide)

Everyone of these things were openly advertised features of the packs they were included in. I bought all of the packs because these features were included and now except for the Murphy bed death most of them are virtually gone from the game. Why am I and others like me not due a refund for part of the purchase price of these packs, since part of what we paid for is now gone and not at all by our consent?

Everyone who bought these packs for furniture and clothes and the like knew this was the risk they took, and knew there were ways in game to reduce or eliminate them if they wished, but chose not to employ those measures to remove them from their own game, but complained loudly and often enough to have them eliminated from everyone’s game.

I am begging you @SimGuruNick to not cave in this time to the complaining! PLEASE don’t “slightly” tune this one little bit of quirky, comedic danger out of the game. Please, please, please, let those of us who enjoy the traditional unexpected randomness and “danger” have this one little thing, untampered with and not dampened down into virtual non-existence. 🙏🙏🙏🙏🙏🙏🙏🙏🙏🙏🙏🙏🙏🙏🙏

Also, if you don’t object to mods...

And one last thing, you can save highly skilled sims in your library with all of their skills intact.
  • Options
    FinvolaFinvola Posts: 1,041 Member
    Never
    I had one of my sims upgrade the bed last night and it hasn't broken down or closed on her at all. I know some people were saying that unbreakable beds are still breaking down but I haven't seen it so far. Once it was upgraded she had no issues. If they are still breaking down after being fully upgraded, then that's another thing, that should be fixed to make them truly unbreakable but don't nerf them to not be deadly or the risk so low that there's no point in having them.
  • Options
    fullspiralfullspiral Posts: 14,717 Member
    In the next update
    Scobre wrote: »
    Finvola wrote: »
    Not me, I like the beds are they are. The risks were why I bought the pack. I don't quite understand all the complaints either because I'm not sure what people were expecting to happen.
    Same it is like a repeat of people complaining that a pack called Vampires has actual Vampires in it. Sadly those got nerfed too instead of people actually using garlic to ward them off.

Exactly! I was having fun with the garlic and all.

And with aliens I was having a blast with the satellites and other modes of defense against the abductions. I haven't seen an abduction in ages and ages. Nor do I see vampires lurking around my door trying to get in either.
  • Options
    AllieSootieAllieSootie Posts: 450 Member
    It may be a while...
    Nindigo wrote: »
    Well, I like my sims and to play with them. Thus, I don't really have any use for deaths. But it's a good thing that death isn't final immediately.

I totally agree with you.

I found out there was a cheat to turn death off and I may start using that. It is Death.toggle false I believe?
  • Options
    edited January 2020
    Never
    I started a save on patch day, so it had no mods or CC in it. It was a brand new save. She got Vlad's phone call and he turned up a short time later. And he politely knocked and waited outside! So do vampires not even invade anymore? I didn't know if it was a coincidence he turned up for a friendly visit or if this is now our "invasion".

• Options
    IceyJIceyJ Posts: 4,641 Member
    They won't nerf this one. That's why they gave us the option to upgrade it and avoid death.
  • Options
    Sharonia wrote: »
    Hopefully soon. I'm to scared to use it now. I love my sims and don't want them to die early, sorry. :D

Then upgrade the bed so your sims won't die. Don't ruin it for the rest of us. Sigh.
  • Options
    ScobreScobre Posts: 20,665 Member
    Never
    Glimmer50 wrote: »
    Cheekyimp wrote: »
    If modders can turn death off, I'm betting they can turn that sucker right back up again if it gets nerfed, personally I've got the mod to prevent death as it is alarmingly too frequent for my liking, but I have the option to not have it and thats fine by me. It will be nerfed, I'm sure of it.

Why should I have to mod my game, to restore a feature I paid for already? Why can’t those who bought this pack knowing this was a feature mod their game to stop it or slow it down. It’s one thing to take features out of the pack you paid for, but it’s a whole other kettle of fish to insist on removing things from a pack others paid for.

This was an advertised feature in the pack, it was in the trailer, the devs touted it on Twitter, it was in the livestream. There was no ambiguity about it. It’s one of the reasons I bought the pack. I want elements of surprise, I want adversity, I want comedic “bad” things to happen, and every single time we get something that promises just that a vocal minority of dollhouse players throw a fit and get it nixed. It’s like if you order a bacon cheeseburger and someone at the counter announces they don’t like bacon or there’s too much bacon, and so the waiter comes and starts pulling the bacon out of everybody’s burgers.

Exactly!! For those that don't want it in their game. Mod it out. It was advertised that it could kill your Sim. Use at your own risk, save often, upgrade the bed or mod it out- so many choices besides nerfing it so it hardly works anymore. I wish we still had death by meteor.
    That was such a fun death. I giggled every time.
    “Although the world is full of suffering, it is full also of the overcoming of it.” –Helen Keller
  • Options
    ScobreScobre Posts: 20,665 Member
    Never
    fullspiral wrote: »
    Scobre wrote: »
    Not me, I like the beds are they are. The risks were why I bought the pack. I don't quite understand all the complaints either because I'm not sure what people were expecting to happen.
    Same it is like a repeat of people complaining that a pack called Vampires has actual Vampires in it. Sadly those got nerfed too instead of people actually using garlic to ward them off.

Exactly! I was having fun with the garlic and all.

And with aliens I was having a blast with the satellites and other modes of defense against the abductions. I haven't seen an abduction in ages and ages. Nor do I see vampires lurking around my door trying to get in either.
    Same I miss it a lot.
    “Although the world is full of suffering, it is full also of the overcoming of it.” –Helen Keller
  • Options
    somewhsome wrote: »
    Why are people complaining? Why not just upgrade the bed to stop it happening?

Please don't nerf the deaths, EA.

This.
    I'm going to create a handyman sim and add him to my saves, so I can visit any family with murphy bed I don't want to die and upgrade it.
    Also, I read somewhere (and then tested it myself) that bed that was placed with moveobjects are more likely to break and kill. If you have enough space, it's not that dangerous.

I've been doing this for a long time. I have an alien sim, he's my town's handyman and I send him around upgrading things for the other families. Then I use the give gift interaction to pay him for his services. B)
  • Options
    In the next update
    IceyJ wrote: »
    They won't nerf this one. That's why they gave us the option to upgrade it and avoid death.

They give us options to tone down or eliminate all of it through gameplay, as I have already stated in an earlier post in this thread, and yet lots of these danger features have been tuned nearly out of existence anyway.
  • Options
    In the next update
    I started a save on patch day, so it had no mods or CC in it. It was a brand new save. She got Vlad's phone call and he turned up a short time later. And he politely knocked and waited outside! So do vampires not even invade anymore? I didn't know if it was a coincidence he turned up for a friendly visit or if this is now our "invasion".

All of your sims have to be asleep for him to actually come in and drink from them. It’s cool he showed up, because that rarely happens anymore so you might not see him at your house again for quite awhile if ever.
  • Options
    Never
    She was the only sim in the house and she was asleep. He called her before she went to bed, showed up a short time later and knocked and waited outside. I haven't seen invasions for a while but I thought Vlad still did when you started a new save.
  • Options
    In the next update
    She was the only sim in the house and she was asleep. He called her before she went to bed, showed up a short time later and knocked and waited outside. I haven't seen invasions for a while but I thought Vlad still did when you started a new save.

Me too, but I haven't had it happen in my game for ages. It's been at least a year and a half since I had an alien abduction.
  • Options
    CelestialKestrelCelestialKestrel Posts: 7 New Member
    In the next update
    I spent a good hour making a sim and then a good other hour making and decorating her micro house and the first time she used the bed it killed her. Which then resulted in her taking all the furniture to the dead with her because that's a weird feature in game that if someone dies on lot all the furniture is removed with them and the shell of the house is left. So I decorated the house for nothing. I love having more deaths in game and more chances of sims dying but this one is just annoying. I wish it only happened when the bed was broken so we have a chance to save our sims instead of them dying because they just wanted to take a nap.
  • Options
    CelestialKestrelCelestialKestrel Posts: 7 New Member
    In the next update
    New (joke) game challenge: Move a sim in to a micro home under 20k
    You HAVE TO have a Murphy bed on lot at all times
    Every time your sim is killed by the Murphy bed you move in a new version of the exact same sim
    Don't delete gravestones and prevent the ghosts from moving on
    Have your sim live surrounded by the ghosts of themselves killed by Murphy beds

My sim Regina George is currently living with three ghosts of herself.
  • Options
    Never
    I am playing a big household and other sims in the house won't stop fixing the broken bed so I had to lock them out as they won't leave it alone. They do seem to push to autonomously upgrade and repair them. I have one Murphy bed that's fully upgraded and then I'm leaving the other Murphy bed not upgraded.