Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Murphy bed death

Comments

• Options
    SERVERFRASERVERFRA Posts: 7,128 Member
    Never
    I just get my sims to upgrade the bed so there's no problems.
  • Options
    Pamtastic72Pamtastic72 Posts: 4,545 Member
    edited January 2020
    In the next update
    Cheekyimp wrote: »
    If modders can turn death off, I'm betting they can turn that sucker right back up again if it gets nerfed, personally I've got the mod to prevent death as it is alarmingly too frequent for my liking, but I have the option to not have it and thats fine by me. It will be nerfed, I'm sure of it.

Why should I have to mod my game, to restore a feature I paid for already? Why can’t those who bought this pack knowing this was a feature mod their game to stop it or slow it down. It’s one thing to take features out of the pack you paid for, but it’s a whole other kettle of fish to insist on removing things from a pack others paid for.

This was an advertised feature in the pack, it was in the trailer, the devs touted it on Twitter, it was in the livestream. There was no ambiguity about it. It’s one of the reasons I bought the pack. I want elements of surprise, I want adversity, I want comedic “bad” things to happen, and every single time we get something that promises just that a vocal minority of dollhouse players throw a fit and get it nixed. It’s like if you order a bacon cheeseburger and someone at the counter announces they don’t like bacon or there’s too much bacon, and so the waiter comes and starts pulling the bacon out of everybody’s burgers.
  • Options
    dearie_blossomdearie_blossom Posts: 707 Member
    In the next update
    They are quick to ruin our fun and listen to complainers so my guess is that it will get nerfed with the next patch. I‘m going to wait a while before purchasing because the new death is the only think I‘m interested in Tiny Living.
  • Options
    Becka28Becka28 Posts: 1,870 Member
    In the next update
    They will take it away. We are always losing features we paid for.

No fire deaths anymore
    Vampires dont visit
    Ni Alien abductions
    No new plants from grafted plants (4 generations waiting on the one plant and still nothing)
    Premades cant be spell casters (just horrible NPCs)
    Emotional death almost impossible

Perhaps EA needs to think about on/off switches rather than removing the elements all together.
  • Options
    fullspiralfullspiral Posts: 14,717 Member
    In the next update
    They should leave it, but they won't. They will nerf it. They nerf all the good stuff.
  • Options
    Admiral8QAdmiral8Q Posts: 3,326 Member
    edited January 2020
    Never
    In gameplay options, like in SimCity with random disasters, check or uncheck which ones you want to allow.
    Reticulating Splines...
    9ODVlJh.png

• Options
    ScobreScobre Posts: 20,665 Member
    Never
    I hope not. I do want them to patch in the updating bed so the game actually doesn't break because it still does. That way those that like the death can still enjoy it with our not upgraded bed and those that don't want the death can have the Sims upgrade the bed as their fail safe. I also know there is a mod for it now. That is kind of the point of having a Murphy bed is for there to be deaths.
    “Although the world is full of suffering, it is full also of the overcoming of it.” –Helen Keller
  • Options
    CelSimsCelSims Posts: 2,270 Member
    In the next update
    Scobre wrote: »
    I hope not. I do want them to patch in the updating bed so the game actually doesn't break because it still does. That way those that like the death can still enjoy it with our not upgraded bed and those that don't want the death can have the Sims upgrade the bed as their fail safe. I also know there is a mod for it now. That is kind of the point of having a Murphy bed is for there to be deaths.

Can you link me a vid showing someone upgrading it and it still breaking and killing their sim please? I think I've seen you say this twice now but other people are saying they upgraded immediately and have had 0 deaths.
  • Options
    Never
    fullspiral wrote: »
    They should leave it, but they won't. They will nerf it. They nerf all the good stuff.
    Sigh yes that is what gets annoying. I'm tired of everything getting nerfed to make the Sims 4 safe like the MySims games were. There is an option to turn off death in the game completely without having to use mods for players.
    “Although the world is full of suffering, it is full also of the overcoming of it.” –Helen Keller
  • Options
    somewhsomesomewhsome Posts: 910 Member
    Why are people complaining? Why not just upgrade the bed to stop it happening?

Please don't nerf the deaths, EA.

This.
    I'm going to create a handyman sim and add him to my saves, so I can visit any family with murphy bed I don't want to die and upgrade it.
    Also, I read somewhere (and then tested it myself) that bed that was placed with moveobjects are more likely to break and kill. If you have enough space, it's not that dangerous.
  • Options
    FinvolaFinvola Posts: 1,041 Member
    edited January 2020
    Never
    I always have my sims build their handiness skill up but I haven't actually checked to see if they still kill after being fully upgraded . I'm going to check that out now . I can understand that, just make them unbreakable for players who don't like the element of surprise. SNAP SNAP! :D
  • Options
    Admiral8QAdmiral8Q Posts: 3,326 Member
    Never
    I must admit, this is incredibly amusing to me that people want a "Murphy Bed", but are too terrified to use it in-game. :D
    So... make it to be magical and safe, like fluffy clouds floating past a rainbow of safeness, to take you away with your head in the clouds, while eating marshmallow pies...
    Reticulating Splines...
    9ODVlJh.png

• Options
    haisinhaisin Posts: 948 Member
    Never
    somewhsome wrote: »
    Also, I read somewhere (and then tested it myself) that bed that was placed with moveobjects are more likely to break and kill. If you have enough space, it's not that dangerous.
    Ohh that would explain why it took so long for the bed to kill in my game.
  • Options
    FinvolaFinvola Posts: 1,041 Member
    edited January 2020
    Never
    Not me, I like the beds the way they are. The risks were why I bought the pack. I don't quite understand all the complaints either because I'm not sure what people were expecting to happen.
  • Options
    Never
    Finvola wrote: »
    Not me, I like the beds are they are. The risks were why I bought the pack. I don't quite understand all the complaints either because I'm not sure what people were expecting to happen.
    Same it is like a repeat of people complaining that a pack called Vampires has actual Vampires in it. Sadly those got nerfed too instead of people actually using garlic to ward them off.
  • Options
    SheriSim57SheriSim57 Posts: 6,973 Member
    So, can you update the Murphy bed so it doesn’t kill your sims? I don’t know why they didn’t just make 2 versions of the bed.... one deadly and one not deadly..... that would easily solve it so people who want deaths have them...,those who don’t want deaths don’t get them. I just bought the stuff pack. How exactly does it currently work? Does high Fitness keep you from dying?
  • Options
    Never
    SheriSim57 wrote: »
    So, can you update the Murphy bed so it doesn’t kill your sims? I don’t know why they didn’t just make 2 versions of the bed.... one deadly and one not deadly..... that would easily solve it so people who want deaths have them...,those who don’t want deaths don’t get them. I just bought the stuff pack. How exactly does it currently work? Does high Fitness keep you from dying?
    Raising the handiness skill helps so Sims can repair it. Broken Murphy beds have a much higher chance of killing Sims.
  • Options
    CGrant56CGrant56 Posts: 8 New Member
    In the next update
    You know, it probably ought to be toned down some but I'm finding it hard any more to have sims die from anything other than hysteria and old age. I really would like to see more sims die in different ways because I miss some of the challenge that comes from having a sim die prematurely. It can really change how you play a household. When you have certain traits, an Elder's life stage is way too long. Just look at some of your sims with the SimsInfo mod. Elders go on forever it seems and I run out of space in the house for the next generation way too often and can't do what I really want to do with the families. Of course, the few that do die prematurely in my game often seem to be the ones I really like and don't want to die early too. It's never the ones I really want to get rid of. So I'm sort of conflicted on the whole thing.
  • Options
    AllieSootieAllieSootie Posts: 450 Member
    edited January 2020
    It may be a while...
    I know a lot of people like the new death but I really have never really liked Death much in The Sims, except for Old Age when playing legacies.

I personally think I will get the mod or cheat my handiness to upgrade the bed. Or just cheat to turn death off entirely/
  • Options
    NindigoNindigo Posts: 2,764 Member
    Well, I like my sims and to play with them. Thus, I don't really have any use for deaths. But it's a good thing that death isn't final immediately.

Origin ID: Nindigo79

A smile is the prettiest thing you can wear
    Time enjoyed is never time wasted

• Options
    KimmerKimmer Posts: 2,383 Member
    It may be a while...
    Nindigo wrote: »
    Well, I like my sims and to play with them. Thus, I don't really have any use for deaths. But it's a good thing that death isn't final immediately.

I agree. I also love your avatar. ;)
  • Options
    Atreya33Atreya33 Posts: 4,429 Member
    It may be a while...
    Don't know but I won't use that bed without a mod to ensure my sims' safety.
  • Options
    CaprianaBCaprianaB Posts: 511 Member
    Becka28 wrote: »
    They will take it away. We are always losing features we paid for.

No fire deaths anymore
    Vampires dont visit
    Ni Alien abductions
    No new plants from grafted plants (4 generations waiting on the one plant and still nothing)
    Premades cant be spell casters (just horrible NPCs)
    Emotional death almost impossible

Perhaps EA needs to think about on/off switches rather than removing the elements all together.

I rotate though several households, and most of them have weekly alien abductions. I'm not sure if this is because I have a scientist in one of these households.
  • Options
    cheescaekscheescaeks Posts: 902 Member
    edited January 2020
    In the next update
    hopefully soon, i love the death and all but the chances need to be lowered so it's more special when it happens.

like how the vampires got nerfed so now when vlad breaks in its actually holy 🐸🐸🐸🐸 this is happening! and not, ughh....again?

edit: reading through this i'm surprised people want it to stay the same? idk, i think its more special when it happens out of the blue.
  • Options
    Glimmer50Glimmer50 Posts: 2,365 Member
    In the next update
    Cheekyimp wrote: »
    If modders can turn death off, I'm betting they can turn that sucker right back up again if it gets nerfed, personally I've got the mod to prevent death as it is alarmingly too frequent for my liking, but I have the option to not have it and thats fine by me. It will be nerfed, I'm sure of it.

Why should I have to mod my game, to restore a feature I paid for already? Why can’t those who bought this pack knowing this was a feature mod their game to stop it or slow it down. It’s one thing to take features out of the pack you paid for, but it’s a whole other kettle of fish to insist on removing things from a pack others paid for.

This was an advertised feature in the pack, it was in the trailer, the devs touted it on Twitter, it was in the livestream. There was no ambiguity about it. It’s one of the reasons I bought the pack. I want elements of surprise, I want adversity, I want comedic “bad” things to happen, and every single time we get something that promises just that a vocal minority of dollhouse players throw a fit and get it nixed. It’s like if you order a bacon cheeseburger and someone at the counter announces they don’t like bacon or there’s too much bacon, and so the waiter comes and starts pulling the bacon out of everybody’s burgers.

Exactly!! For those that don't want it in their game. Mod it out. It was advertised that it could kill your Sim. Use at your own risk, save often, upgrade the bed or mod it out- so many choices besides nerfing it so it hardly works anymore. I wish we still had death by meteor.