Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Supernatural Misadventures: Story 2 Chapter 24 [Updated 10/25]

Comments

• Options
    ThePlumbobThePlumbob Posts: 4,971 Member
    I think I can imagine which one you wanted to use, having read this now.
    Very excited about learning more about mermaids! And about potentially getting to see the missing couples again. Oh, and rescuing Ian and Luke, of course! Lol! Can't wait for the next chapter already :)
  • Options
    lone_catlone_cat Posts: 417 Member
    @ThePlumbob It would have been the perfect picture for this chapter. :)

I plan on wrapping things up soonish, so you won't have to wait too long for answers. :) Although, not everything will get answered and will carry on to the next story.
  • Options
    mercuryfoammercuryfoam Posts: 1,156 Member
    Just read your latest chapter and I love the tension. I'm super excited for the next chapter! <3
  • Options
    @mercuryfoam Thanks for reading :) I'm hoping to get the next chapter out early next week, so you won't have to wait too long.
  • Options
    Sorry to disappoint, but no chapter yet. :( But I wanted to let everyone know that it might be awhile. I have been feeling pretty sick the last couple of days and haven't gotten around to updating. Hopefully, I will feel better later this week and I can work on updating the next chapter. I really want to get the last few chapters done before the end of August, but I have been terrible at keeping to an update schedule.
  • Options
    Hope you feel better soon lovely! <3
  • Options
    @ThePlumbob Aww, thanks. :) Feeling a little better today, so hopefully this weekend I can get working on the next chapter.
  • Options
    Next chapter is up! :) The trio gets closer to finding out where Ian and Luke went, and the villain reveals themselves.

1u43klil.png
  • Options
    edited August 2020
    First of all, I'm glad you are feeling better! Tummy bugs are so rubbish!

And yay, new chapter!!! I've been looking forward to this!
    I'm so happy Vern is back, I really enjoyed reading about her in the first story. I especially like seeing her with Ian, which, I guess at the end of the chapter we did get to Ian, but oh my, things sure are messy right now!

Love how Vern was just casually able to carry the mermaid around. And I'm kind of glad the mer couple got to reunite, although it's so frustrating they didn't manage to communicate with them. Both that and the temple felt like they were just on the brink of something, but it narrowly escaped them.

Leo is not looking great. It seems he is turning into a mer? Hopefully the transition can be stopped. It could be fun if he becomes something in between, like the best of both worlds. He could definitely pull off being the more traditional hunky merman. But I guess for now let's settle on him actually surviving the ordeal.

Edit: Oooh I know who the villain is!
    Post edited by ThePlumbob on
  • Options
    @ThePlumbob
    Thanks! :) Being sick is the worst, but I'm feeling much better now. :)
    Glad you like Vern! :) I like her too, even though she's a little rough around the edges. She is really strong; I figure she probably power lifts or does CrossFit or something like that, lol. So hoisting around mermaids is no biggie.

Luke/Leo isn't looking so great at the moment, but we'll definitely see what happens to him in the next couple of chapters. :) He would be a pretty hunky merman, lol.

Haha! I tried to get the villain's face in the screenshot, but I couldn't manage it. But we'll see the rest of them in the next chapter. :)
  • Options
    lone_cat wrote: Β»
    @ThePlumbob
    Thanks! :) Being sick is the worst, but I'm feeling much better now. :)
    Glad you like Vern! :) I like her too, even though she's a little rough around the edges. She is really strong; I figure she probably power lifts or does CrossFit or something like that, lol. So hoisting around mermaids is no biggie.

Luke/Leo isn't looking so great at the moment, but we'll definitely see what happens to him in the next couple of chapters. :) He would be a pretty hunky merman, lol.

Haha! I tried to get the villain's face in the screenshot, but I couldn't manage it. But we'll see the rest of them in the next chapter. :)
    Oh yeah I could definitely see her doing crossfit!

Well I did a little sleuthing and I'm confident in who it is in soite of not getting to see their face ;)
  • Options
    @ThePlumbob Hopefully, the villain makes sense (in my own mind they do). More will be explained later. :)
  • Options
    I have another chapter ready. It doesn't explain a whole lot, and it's weird. There is a dream sequence for much of the chapter as you can tell by the teaser image. I promise Chapter 17 will have more answers and revelations. :)
    F6KJZHTl.png

This was my favorite picture of the whole bunch. Vern is just so photogenic, and I miss her pink hair. There is another picture I liked as well, but it was too spoilery. I'll let you guess which one, lol.

• Options
    What a stellar chapter, loved every minute of it! Probably my favourite yet!
    I loved the absurdity of the dream sequence, it was everything I wanted to see, but it wasn't all laughs either. Definitely captured the mixture of emotions and states. You really delivered here.

Phew, I'm glad Hailey's ok. What a ride.

Hmm hard to guess what was the other photo you liked - there were so many good hilarious ones! Although my favourite was the one with Grim Reaper, which was not a funny one at all, but it conveyed so much.

Honestly, this was a blast! πŸ‘
  • Options
    @ThePlumbob Thanks so much! This makes my day. :)
    I have a dark and absurd sense of humor and I'm always worried it doesn't translate well, so it's good to know that it worked in this chapter. This chapter was so different from what I originally imagined, but now I'm really happy how it turned out. And I was able to let loose a little and let it be absurd, surreal, eery, and also funny. Glad it delivered. :)

I liked the waterfall picture with Ian and Hailey but thought it would be too much of a spoiler and also confusing because it doesn't actually happen.

I wasn't sure how to pose Grim at first, so I'm glad that the picture worked out. I knew I wanted to do a "kiss of death" scene with him because I wanted something that could have multiple interpretations. And now I discovered I can pose Grim, and it doesn't mess up my game.:)
  • Options
    Another chapter is ready! :) A new character is, sort of, introduced. And we learn more about what went down in the cave.
    KSjlnj5l.png
  • Options
    Chapter 17
    Ooh, I wasn't expecting a brand new character this late on in the season, but what a character! So she clearly chose to show herself to Hailey for some reason - at least I'm assuming it had to be deliberate, with Barnes not seeing her. She seemed to have more of an agenda than just being in the hospital to feed on random unsuspecting patients. Also, what she said kind of implied she knew Ian, although it doesn't necessarily have to be the case, maybe she just "got to know him" in the hospital.

Hmm, I have a couple of theories (which may not be mutually exclusive), but we don't have enough details yet for me to be particularly confident in them. Can't wait to learn more about vamp lady - although I suspect that might not come until the next story.
  • Options
    edited August 2020
    I take back what I said.
    At the tea party I said you had an army of mer people. But after this chapter I see now, all you need is VERN. She's a force of nature. She'd destroy every and any army! I hope we see more of her. Or Willa because she's hot. :love:
  • Options
    @ThePlumbob
    I explain some things about the vampire in the next couple of chapters, so you won't have to wait too long for answers. I was a little hesitant in introducing her so late in this story, but she's been lurking in the background and she plays an important part to the story. The story has gone in a different direction than what I originally wrote, and it takes a slight diversion with the vampire. I really went back and forth if I wanted to introduce another supernatural to the mix of mer, but in the end, I decided to include a vampire. You are right; she has an agenda, but what it is, only she knows right now. :)

@mercuryfoam
    LOL! Yep, Vern is a force to be reckoned with. And we will see more of Willa and her hotness or maybe coolness because she's a vampire. :)
  • Options
    A longer chapter, and it's a little bit of an info dump. I tried to hold myself back, but I'm also trying to wrap some things up, and the vampire stuff was a slight diversion. Anyway, Hailey and Barnes learn more about vampires and Vern's whereabouts.
    5LNKYEul.png
  • Options
    edited August 2020
    Chapter 18
    Seeing Vern always makes me irrationally happy every time she's in a scene. She's just so fantastic. Granted, I know if I actually was in the story and said that to her, she would yell at me :D

I like how you're going against the established pattern of "beautiful" supernaturals - mer are more creepy looking, vampires are hideous in the sunlight... It's a fresh take on things, and challenges how we're trained to see them. It's more like your supernaturals they really are another species (even though they were once people), rather than these all powerful all beautiful beings.

(Don't get me wrong, I do like the conventional take too, obviously :D I'm probably quite set in my ways - I don't think it takes a genius to figure out I like my vamps pretty, lol. But it's so fun to see people's different perspectives!)

Ok, off to PM you my super bullet-proof theory haha
  • Options
    @ThePlumbob
    I love Vern because she is so different from me, so it's fun to write her and get into her head. Also, it helps channel my anger if I'm in a bad mood, lol.

I do like the conventional take on vampires and mermaids (I have read a lot of stories based on them and really enjoy them), but I also knew that I am weird and had to try something slightly different. I like pretty vampires because it makes them more sinister. People don't believe something so pretty or put together (and innocent looking in some cases ;) ) could be so deadly (the whole bloodsucking thing makes them more like predators and humans like prey).
  • Options
    I have another chapter! As promised, there will be more information about mermaids. The teaser image I chose is kind of a spoiler, but I liked it the best out of all the pictures (it made the most sense), so sorry if it spoils things a little.
    xAMAqPdl.png
  • Options
    So I was experimenting with artbreeder to get realistic images of my sims, and this is what I came up with. Hailey and Barnes both have freckles, and those didn't show up that well. Piercings, face tattoos (Vern) and glasses (Ian) don't show up. But other than that, they all look pretty amazing.

Hailey
    bkAByUrl.png79Qeu3Yl.jpg

Barnes
    7QptGu2l.pngQmB4gGcl.jpg

Ian
    Fq4CVwel.pngKzbEMbnl.jpg

Vern
    BZdD3VMl.pnglxKZ6sKl.jpg
  • Options
    Woooah!! Everyone looks amazing! They'd all be models if they were real. Ian reminds me of the actor who played Loki. (Go easy on me loki fans idk his name!) and Vern.. reminds me of my sister woah this is getting on creep side but i love this!

I tried to give artbreeder a go but gah I'm terrible at it. You've inspired me to try again πŸ˜„