Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Supernatural Misadventures: Story 2 Chapter 24 [Updated 10/25]

Comments

• lone_catlone_cat Posts: 417 Member
    @ThePlumbob Haha! I'm glad you're enjoying it. :) I try to give my characters their own little quirks.
    Like Soto's painting and Gibbs's break-up karaoke singing.

I'm working on the next chapter. I was going to get it out last week, but then I made some adjustments to it. So, hopefully sometime this week. Sticking to a schedule hasn't been working out for me, lol.
    This is another, longer chapter. I don't know the exact count, but I think it's around 2000 words. And I promised drama, but there isn't a whole lot in this chapter, but Chapter 10 there will be. I switched chapters around because I wanted some more background before the next chapter, which ends on a bit of a cliffhanger. I might get it out early because it's almost done. Anyway, here's Chapter 9, and Barnes looking mighty fine in his swimsuit. ;)
    6ifkC1Sl.png
  • ThePlumbobThePlumbob Posts: 4,971 Member
    There might not have been drama in the chapter but it felt very eventful nonetheless!
    Always good to see Ian! They have swapped numbers yay! Only took... err, 30 odd chapters? Ian's got moves :D I'm glad Barnes seems to be doing better <3

Sidenote - Sulani is so beautiful! I need a holiday :D
    @ThePlumbob
    Yes, Ian sure has the moves. :D He really is clueless when it comes to flirting. And Barnes is finally getting a chance to enjoy his well-earned vacation.

Thanks! :) I love taking pictures of Sulani. I would love to be in a place like that, but for now, I'll have to live vicariously through my sims, lol.
    I have an extra chapter this week! I decided to publish it early since I'm working on my next chapter for next week. This chapter ends on a cliffhanger, but I won't make you wait too long for the next chapter. :)
    ror0Vgbl.png
    Parts of this (including the teaser image) gave me The Sims 2 Bon Voyage vibes - which is a very good thing, I loved that pack!
    Of course, that's before all the drama went down! :D
    @ThePlumbob I haven't played Sims 2 very much (I started with Sims 3, then went back to try out Sims 2). I did play some of Bon Voyage; it was a great pack, especially the dancing. I wish there was hula dancing in Sims 4, that would be cool to see, but alas, I had to rely on poses.

Thanks for reading. :)
    I have another chapter! We find out if Leo is okay; we see a familiar face, and new clues are revealed in the disappearance of Bailey and James. And of course, lots of beautiful Sulani scenery. :)
    sqfrQrvl.png
    Yay, a new chapter! Before I read, I've just got to say that your teaser images always make me feel like I'm about to go on holiday! It is awesome :)
    @ThePlumbob Thanks! :) Speaking of scenery, I took some screenshots of the author hula dancing, and he had some dolphin friends join him. :)

XFYtyAAl.png
    MTN2E72l.png

@FeroshaCoutora I know it's not exactly a flashback, but I downloaded some 1970's CC and took some screenshots of some of my characters. I still will probably do a flashback or at least a photo. :)

Instead of working on my next chapter (it's mostly done), I got distracted and had a disco party with my sims, lol. I need to post them on the website, but I thought I'd share them here first.

ouyWeKil.png
    1ckgIYTl.png
    GVVlX7Yl.png

You do not disappoint :D I'm glad to see the author is living it up.

Also, I now have Night Fever stuck in my head just from looking at the second set of images.
    @ThePlumbob Haha! Can't go wrong with some Bee Gees during a disco party. :)
  • mercuryfoammercuryfoam Posts: 1,156 Member
    edited July 2020
    Omg those images are just GOLD! Hailey and... who's that!? IAN? In bellbottoms! HOLY candlesticks! The author is completely immersed in the island life. Are those poses btw? Especially the Author's dance. It looks so much like Thai dance ahhh! I'd love to have that in my game.

Well, the pictures completely distracted me so I didn't see that you wrote hula dancing! I've not explored island living at all. That pose right there looks Thai though, he need only curve his fingers more and sit on his hips a bit and he'd have that perfect posture. Oh well one can dream. :smile:
    @mercuryfoam Haha! That's Ian with some different hair and bellbottoms. Since there isn't really a color for light brown hair, I gave him blonde hair (I think the lightest brown still looks too dark, and the blonde is too light, but that's my own personal gripe, lol). And now you mention it, it does look sort of like Thai dance, minus the curved fingers.

The hula poses are from the link below:
    https://ts4-poses.tumblr.com/post/186304814539/happyrainbowsims-my-second-poseset-hula-the

The disco dance poses are from the links below:
    https://solistair.wixsite.com/ts4cc/single-poses
    (You'll have to scroll down to Disco Dance Poses)

https://thesimsresource.com/downloads/details/category/sims4-mods/title/we-can-dance--pose-pack/id/1359798/preview/null/
  • FeroshaCoutoraFeroshaCoutora Posts: 142 Member
    I AM IN LOVE WITH THIS 70s DANCE PARTY YES! This content has made my day.
    Dark Family Comedy & Paranormal Romance

r0AD3AN.jpg
    I have another update. Hailey and Barnes have the longest walk of their lives and an unexpected visitor.
    f8TUGgnl.png
    Forgot to mention this in my WP comment!
    Aww, it's kind of bittersweet seeing 70s Bob and Eliza Pancakes on their honeymoon - kidnapped before their marriage had a chance to turn sour. I have all sorts of mixed feelings about it. Well chosen premades, and what a makeover!
    I demand faster chapter releases. We're so close to the mystery of the ocean and now Leo's missing! WHYUDOTHISTOME. I need a faint emoji. I think from here on out every single chapter you post is going to be a cliffhanger for me. :D
    @ThePlumbob
    Haha, yes, at least they were still a happy couple before they disappeared. I went through a long list of sims for a potential couple. I've already used the Calientes, Fyres, Landgraabs, and Kahananuis so they were all out. The Goths I briefly mentioned in reference to a reality TV show, Keeping up with the Goths. Originally, I wasn't going to touch any of the premades, but with this story, I've let loose. I have gotten tired of making sims or using sims from the gallery and I thought, why not, there's a bunch of premades with some interesting backstories. It was bittersweet to use the Pancakes; I do like them (I feel sorry for them and that they seem to have a miserable marriage), but I knew I was probably not going to use them in future stories, so I wanted to feature them here.

@mercuryfoam
    Hehe! The story will start ramping up from here, now that Leo is missing and we have our sleuthing trio of Barnes, Hailey, and Vern. I may try to release chapters faster because I'm kind of motivated now to finish it up since it's hit a very climactic part of the story and I don't want readers to wait too long between chapters. :)
    Next chapter is up! :) The link is in the spoiler since it sort of spoils the identity of a character, if you haven't read the last chapter.
    VtDytuOl.png

So, I have a different idea for the next story. The Sulani story will have about 18 chapters and I want to finish it up in the next couple weeks. I want to do an interlude to introduce some backstory, which will be about 7 chapters. I have it all written up and started taking screenshots. It's a lot less pose intensive than my Sulani story. Anyway, Hailey will not be featured at all, and the viewpoints will come mostly from Ian. It will be a third-person viewpoint. I don't know if it will be confusing. Who knows, it might crash and burn in a horrible way, but I have to try it, lol. I figured what is revealed in this interlude is important to the overall story and needed its own little section. Anyway, here are some pictures I took for it.

wkkSKbdl.png
    Kp1yIdPl.png
    bvldtBGl.png
    Oooh I love the pictures! Ian's talking to the Grim Reaper?? Are these pictures related to the storyline at all because my next question is Ian can see Grim? :scream: Who are those people cheering in the background? The man looks like he came straight out of Jane Austen's novel. Not that I mind at all! I quite like the clothing at that period <3 Even the hair is from that period. :lol:
    I haven't read the chapter yet, but had to comment on those awesome pictures! Colour me intrigued just from these few alone!

Yes, I'm all for a prequel focusing on Ian's backstory! There's so much I want to know about him!

I don't think it would be confusing. Different timelines are always fun, and this one would definitely contribute to the bigger picture!
    @mercuryfoam The pictures will be related to a short story/interlude that I do next. And yes, Ian can see Grim, but not all the time. Grim is selective about who he shows himself too, but there is a reason that Grim shows up and plays chess with Ian. Grim is a bit of a gambler in my story, and he likes outwitting mortals in more ways than one, lol. I won't say a whole lot about the Mr. Darcy wannabee. You were spot on though, he is from that time period. He plays an important part in the story. And the woman with the pink hair is Vern, hard to tell it's her since she's actually is smiling, lol.

@ThePlumbob It will sort of be a different timeline. It takes place after the events of Sulani, but it will show events from a previous time period. Hope that makes sense. I already misled you a little in my original post, not my intention at all. I was trying to be vague and not give away too much, but I got really excited and couldn't help but share the pictures. And not much of Ian's backstory will be revealed, though he will be the main viewpoint character. I have ideas for revealing Ian's backstory eventually, along with some of the other character's backstories.

Now I've probably given away too much or confused everyone. I think it will be easy to figure out what is going on once you read it and meet some of the characters.
    I have another chapter ready! I wanted to use a different image, but it was way too much of a spoiler for the chapter. So you get Barnes and Hailey looking scared, lol. Hope you enjoy. :)
    ymW2DUOl.png