Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Bring Back Burglars & Alarm Systems!!

I wish the sims 4 had burglars and alarm systems like the sims 3. I thought that was cool and fun when it came to the sims 3. I would like them to bring that back in the the sims 4. This is something in the sims 3 I been wanting for a long time, so I hope some day they include it in the sims 4. It would be nice.

Comments

• Options
    lisasc360lisasc360 Posts: 19,289 Member
    This should be posted over in The Sims 4 Ideas and Feedback section as this section is for the Forum Ideas and Feedback... :)
    https://forums.thesims.com/en_US/categories/TS4-feedback
  • Options
    AriaMad2AriaMad2 Posts: 1,380 Member
    From what I know, they're not planning to. This is because they think it would be too distressing for people who suffer from anxiety and people who have previously experienced being robbed.

If one day they do decide to add it, they would probably have to make it optional.
    F€€Ł ŦĦ€ ŴΔV€ ØF ŞØỮŇĐ, ΔŞ ƗŦ ĆŘΔŞĦ€Ş ĐØŴŇ

ĴØIŇ UŞ ĆØŇŞUΜ€ ŦĦ€ FŘUIŦ ØF ŦĦ€ ΜØŦĦ€Ř ΔŇĐ KŇØŴ P€ΔĆ€
  • Options
    CamkatCamkat Posts: 2,329 Member
    AriaMad2 wrote: »
    From what I know, they're not planning to. This is because they think it would be too distressing for people who suffer from anxiety and people who have previously experienced being robbed.

If one day they do decide to add it, they would probably have to make it optional.

And fires when cooking or using a fire place aren't distressing? Add to the fact there's a fire going on and there's NO ONE coming to help. I dunno if I actually buy this excuse for no burglars. Anything that causes death in the game also could be distressing. Pet deaths. I used to believe this too, until I thought on it more and some of this other stuff could be more or equally distressing to the player.

I'd personally love to see the burglars come back. I remember being shocked way back when I found out they weren't, thus no police either. Not sure why they left fire crews out, because as I've mention already, not having a fire person show up while an alarm goes off and your sim burns to death or loses their entire home IS distressing. I'd like to see them all back honestly.
    Origin ID: Peapod79
  • Options
    EA_RtasEA_Rtas Posts: 2,875 EA Community Manager
    Moved this thread over to the correct section! Carry on friends :smile:
  • Options
    Renato10Renato10 Posts: 472 Member

That was a rumor that was confirmed to be false by simguru grant a long time ago!
  • Options
    thecatsredthecatsred Posts: 327 Member

I've gotten robbed and also have anxiety.

But I want burgers because it's interesting gameplay. They got rid of firefighters and my sims who don't want to put themselves out die but I can't have someone sneak in to steal my couch and a random potted plant? Sounds like a fake excuse to not add more fun stuff to the game.
  • Options
    StrawberryYogurtStrawberryYogurt Posts: 2,799 Member

Source for this?
    The Sims has currently lost its identity. Bring it back for TS5

FixedCoarseFawn-max-1mb.gif

Personality,depth,humor,consequences,lore,customization.
  • Options
    LoanetLoanet Posts: 4,079 Member
    edited January 2020
    If we can have Vampires breaking into our apartments uninvited and sucking our plasma, AND the Kleptomaniac trait, AND the criminal career, it's just silly that we don't have burglars.

We have police, military and the law career, so we obviously have criminals.

Of course nobody wants to be burgled. But nobody wants their house to burn down either.
    Prepping a list of mods to add after Infants are placed into the game. Because real life isn't 'nice'.