Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Dream Big, Build Small with The Sims 4 Tiny Living

Comments

• Options
    domina89domina89 Posts: 221 Member
    This would be a fantastic opportunity to downsize some of the MASSIVE objects already in the game (I'm looking at you, telescope), but I doubt that will happen. I am very excited, however, for the return of the Murphy bed and the impending death it brings.
  • Options
    luthienrisingluthienrising Posts: 37,628 Member
    Really looking forward to this one! I love small homes in the Sims as it is. Also the Murphy bed animation is cute :)
    EA CREATOR NETWORK MEMBER — Want to be notified of patches, new Broken Mods threads, and urgent Sims 4 news? Follow me at https://www.patreon.com/luthienrising.
  • Options
    WallSims4everWallSims4ever Posts: 755 Member
    I love that they're giving us murphy beds, and for what I've seen in the trailer, the other items are very nice as well BUT...

I can't help it. This just gives me strong My First Pet Stuff energy cause I'm pretty sure murphy beds were suposed to be added in Discover University.

Other than that, I love these homey types of packs (been craving for an IKEA one) so I'm happy with it.
  • Options
    NationalPokedexNationalPokedex Posts: 829 Member
    I feel like having a tiny commercial lot would also make sense to have as an option, but it doesn't seem like it is. Anyways, kind of exciting that a new pack is being released so early in the year.
  • Options
    LiELFLiELF Posts: 6,449 Member
    Color me surprised! Lol.

This looks kind of cool actually. Very much looking forward to the Murphy beds, but this stuff will be awesome not only for apartments in City Living, but also dorms in University! Furniture's not my favorite style but that's not too important. I think I might redecorate the Foxbury dorms with this stuff because I really don't like the way they look, lol.

...And new Murphy bed death risk!! Yay!!
    #Team Occult
  • Options
    maicemaice Posts: 167 Member
    I'm happy with this! I'm not sure why, I'm not a big tiny house player! But it really gives me hope that maybe we will still see the Happy Haunts pack despite it not winning, since this was an option in the last vote. I'm happy to see the murphy bed again and looking forward to seeing what the difference in relationship building is. At this point anything different is welcome. I'm hoping maybe we will see new interactions or something, not sure how feasible that is.

It's a stuff pack. $10, or if you're not that excited, wait for a sale and pay only 5. I'll buy it just for new furniture.
  • Options
    GordyGordy Posts: 3,022 Member
    edited January 2020
    Sigzy05 wrote: »
    We need more normal everyday things in this game! The last year was full of occults, Jesus....
    Lmao. It might seem like a lot because, in the past, we were lucky if we get one occult a year in Sims 4. In the past iterations, we got 2-3 occults a year. 2019 was just a lucky year for occults in the Sims 4, and not the norm - and even then, two of those occults werejust tacked on to realistic packs.

Meanwhile, ALL Sims 4 Stuff Packs have been focused on everyday things. ALL the Expansion Packs have been focused on everyday stuff or realism. Only two Game Packs have been focused on occults. Every single pack, regardless of type, brings tons of stuff that can be used for everyday living. You can want everyday stuff all you want. I want everyday stuff, too. But don't act like the occults aren't getting the short end of the stick in this arrangement.
    DeafSimmer wrote: »
    I don't know what to feel about this. Didn't EA say we were getting a knitting pack?
    They're still working on it. They haven't even finished the voting on all the elements yet. It'll come, but not for a little while.
    TS1_dragons_hatching.jpg
    The Sims 4 hasn't introduced a new musical instrument since 2017
  • Options
    Felicity1169Felicity1169 Posts: 592 Member
    I'm excited for the pack! The Build/Buy stuff looks really cute and useful for dorms and apartments!
    (Also new death? Yes please!)
  • Options
    OnverserOnverser Posts: 3,364 Member
    I like the concept but the pack looks pretty pointless, we can already build tiny homes in the base game with no issue, the only thing this pack seems to bring is the wall bed which is cool and all but its just recycled from previous games. At bare minimum they could've at least included bunk beds and ladders with this?? Also a proper sofa bed would be cool instead of having the wall thing, looks sorta like a sofa bed in the video but theres still a wall thing behind the couch
  • Options
    simgirl1010simgirl1010 Posts: 35,872 Member
    Hopefully I'll have my sim through college or close to it by the time it releases. I don't normally play tiny lots but this will give me a reason to try something out of my comfort zone.
  • Options
    KaeChan2089KaeChan2089 Posts: 4,944 Member
    edited January 2020
    ...Murphy Beds okay I like that...but.......:/.....-sighs sadly.- SMH This could have EASILY been added the Discovering University EASILY! Another cash grab...why should they put it in the EXP when they can get extra money with a stuff pack.
  • Options
    ChazzzyChazzzy Posts: 7,166 Member
    edited January 2020
    maice wrote: »
    I'm happy with this! I'm not sure why, I'm not a big tiny house player! But it really gives me hope that maybe we will still see the Happy Haunts pack despite it not winning, since this was an option in the last vote. I'm happy to see the murphy bed again and looking forward to seeing what the difference in relationship building is. At this point anything different is welcome. I'm hoping maybe we will see new interactions or something, not sure how feasible that is.

It's a stuff pack. $10, or if you're not that excited, wait for a sale and pay only 5. I'll buy it just for new furniture.

Stuff Packs go down to $5? The lowest I’ve seen in a sale was $7.99. That’s how I got Spooky Stuff way back when.
  • Options
    Sigzy05Sigzy05 Posts: 19,406 Member
    Onverser wrote: »
    I like the concept but the pack looks pretty pointless, we can already build tiny homes in the base game with no issue, the only thing this pack seems to bring is the wall bed which is cool and all but its just recycled from previous games. At bare minimum they could've at least included bunk beds and ladders with this?? Also a proper sofa bed would be cool instead of having the wall thing, looks sorta like a sofa bed in the video but theres still a wall thing behind the couch

We can indeed make tiny homes already. The pitch here is that the lot type, while constricting you from building more than 100 squares, will lower the price of bills and make relationships build faster.
    mHdgPlU.jpg?1
  • Options
    ListentoToppDoggListentoToppDogg Posts: 2,103 Member
    Of all the packs they could have made for the game...a pack based on tiny houses? I'm just confused. The intro post literally highlighted that we can already make tiny houses in the game. The only thing "new" here seems to be the new lot type and some bits of furniture. Idk, I just don't see why this is a whole stuff pack instead of a patch. I'd have preferred to start the year off with a pack focusing on....I dunno, the constantly neglected toddlers, children, and elders who once again seem to be getting ignored. Shrug.

Oh well, at least it's another thing I can save money on, so that's good. Definitely a skip for me. I'm way more interested in the knitting pack coming later on. And on that note, why did they specifically add knitted clothes here, when we're getting those in the knitting pack later? :/
  • Options
    SimAlexandriaSimAlexandria Posts: 4,845 Member
    Chazzzy wrote: »
    maice wrote: »

Stuff Packs go down to $5? The lowest I’ve seen in a sale was $7.99. That’s how I got Spooky Stuff way back when.

I've gotten most mine at 50% off, but I'm Canadian so it wasn't $5 here, nor is the original price $10 here.
  • Options
    QueenMercyQueenMercy Posts: 1,680 Member
    I hope it’ll be easy to change the lot type for houses that are small enough.
  • Options
    ChazzzyChazzzy Posts: 7,166 Member
    Onverser wrote: »

Forgot how much I miss ladders from TS3. So convenient.
  • Options
    Of all the packs they could have made for the game...a pack based on tiny houses? I'm just confused. The intro post literally highlighted that we can already make tiny houses in the game. The only thing "new" here seems to be the new lot type and some bits of furniture. Idk, I just don't see why this is a whole stuff pack instead of a patch. I'd have preferred to start the year off with a pack focusing on....I dunno, the constantly neglected toddlers, children, and elders who once again seem to be getting ignored. Shrug.

Oh well, at least it's another thing I can save money on, so that's good. Definitely a skip for me. I'm way more interested in the knitting pack coming later on. And on that note, why did they specifically add knitted clothes here, when we're getting those in the knitting pack later? :/

Could have easily added this to DU, esp. the murphy bed, but hey we wanna pump more money let's make a stuff pack!
  • Options
    llamasflullamasflu Posts: 221 Member
    i wonder what kind of relationship benefits you get from the tiny houses... :* interesting
    tumblr_nvyznq2a181tiiy96o2_400.gifv
  • Options
    NationalPokedexNationalPokedex Posts: 829 Member
    QueenMercy wrote: »
    I hope it’ll be easy to change the lot type for houses that are small enough.

I feel like it'll be similar to how when you edit an already built community lot, there is the list of requirements that ensure a lot is recognized by whatever category it is under. Except this time the only requirement will be the lot size. So once you change the size (assuming it's not already meeting the tile limit requirement), it'll become eligible. Hope this makes sense.
  • Options
    Sigzy05Sigzy05 Posts: 19,406 Member

Could have easily added this to DU, esp. the murphy bed, but hey we wanna pump more money let's make a stuff pack!

Where's the lie though? xD
    mHdgPlU.jpg?1
  • Options
    QueenMercyQueenMercy Posts: 1,680 Member
    llamasflu wrote: »
    i wonder what kind of relationship benefits you get from the tiny houses... :* interesting

They’ll probably just go up faster by a set percentage or something.
  • Options
    maicemaice Posts: 167 Member
    Chazzzy wrote: »

I know for a fact I bought Laundry day for 4.99! It's even in my order history. That's the only stuff back I've bought on sale though so that's all I can say about stuff pack sales prices, maybe I was wrong to assume - but maybe not?
  • Options
    edited January 2020
    Also call me crazy....but, I worry that they put in that "knitting" ref. in this, which just kinda confirms my suspensions that the poll was rigged and knitting was gonna win regardless -shrug- I can't help but feel that way.

The timing don't make sense, did they work on this pack for little over a month? Since the results are not that old?