Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Crashing every time traveling.

Comments

• Options
    NikkihNikkih Posts: 1,758 Member
    Ever since I cut my played households down a bit too 4 ,it seems to be working okay, But it still needs to be fixed, I've got the capacity of 80 sims set, I should be able too have 80 if I wanted too
  • Options
    adamclark83adamclark83 Posts: 692 Member
    Last night, another one of my households crashed when trying to load it.

I swear, ENOUGH!! This coming patch had better fix these crashes. The number of playable households are dwindling.
    2quwd7.gif

• Options
    catloverplayercatloverplayer Posts: 93,395 Member
    Hopefully this is fixed in Today's Patch. They've had several months to work on it. If it started with the December Update it's probably fixable.
  • Options
    Firefighters and repomen are coming today, just another 3 classic NPCs to go burglars, police and social services, they also need to fix the acting career
  • Options
    iamoz96iamoz96 Posts: 263 Member
    Patch was delayed today which is okay because it’s coming out tomorrow. I’m really curious about the patch. Hopefully it does fix the mess they left in December.
    Origin ID: iamoz96
    Enjoy my creations! :)
  • Options
    No offense but THEY... HAD... BETTER.
    2quwd7.gif

• Options
    Well was the traveling crash fixed?
  • Options
    ReaganboganReaganbogan Posts: 278 Member
    Today I was able to play one household that occasionally crashes for a good two hours with no issues. I could travel to community lots and go in and out of bb/CAS without any issues. Then I tried loading up a household in the same neighborhood that consistently crashes and I had to force close the application because it was stuck on the loading screen for 15 minutes.
  • Options
    Well was the traveling crash fixed?
    Much much much better and experiencing no crashing so far. Only crashing when renaming a build in build mode that was previously there. So far everything works fine.
  • Options
    Having a lot of screencaptures taken from this game wouldn't cause crashes would it?
    2quwd7.gif

• Options
    I haven't even seen the patch notes for the console version. Can someone post a link?
  • Options
    https://simscommunity.info/2020/06/03/the-sims-4-pc-mac-console-new-update-patch-notes-june-3rd-2020/

Don’t know if this link works but it seems that the patch notes for PC and console are together.
  • Options
    I was thinking, what needs to happen is for the developers to investigate why some people have the same problems with their game but others don't.
    2quwd7.gif

• Options
    iamoz96 wrote: »
    https://simscommunity.info/2020/06/03/the-sims-4-pc-mac-console-new-update-patch-notes-june-3rd-2020/

Don’t know if this link works but it seems that the patch notes for PC and console are together.

Yep doesn't look like consoles got any specific console only bug fixes.
  • Options
    Are they ignoring all of our complaints?
    2quwd7.gif

• Options
    edited June 2020
    I'm hoping that our next patch is all bug fixes, I loved what the newest update brought, I hope they do keep adding gameplay features to base game but maybe every second patch or something its just a huge bug fix overhaul

Edit: my game crashed twice today 😕, one was I switched household after playing another and the other i uploaded something from the gallery, so I am thinking maybe not switch between households in the same gaming session and my worlds is full now anyways so dont need to place lots atm, avoid going into build and buy as much as I can 😂, theres as much restrictions in this like it is in real life with this 🌺🌺🌺🌺 lockdown lol
    Post edited by Nikkih on
  • Options
    omghappyfaceomghappyface Posts: 5 New Member
    I decided to play for a bit to look at the update and free place a couple of doors just because we finally can. I managed to get into one of my lots and goof around in bb mode for a while and switched to one of my fav households to see if she could travel without crashing, which she did do. Unfortunately, the game did crash not too long after coming back home, so still not really playable and I’m for sure not going to bother buying Eco yet.
  • Options
    Same old crashing. Still limited with how many things we can do. Don’t go into BB too often and don’t travel too often or you’ll be greeted with a blue screen (PS4). Pretty sure the eco effects in the new expansion isn’t working that well either.
  • Options
    I posted in the Technical forums about how since the December patch and the "DU" pack, many of my households crash when trying to load them even though before then, they all worked fine. One person suggested move them out, sell everything and move them to an empty lot then try moving them back. Considering how many households there are, that would take a long time.

I'm sorry but why would I do that? All those homes took ages to furnish, especially the 50x50 lot in Del Sol Valley so why should I go to the trouble of doing this when it's the developers refusing to check their patches and packs before release that's caused these problems? They should be the ones to fix it.
    2quwd7.gif

• Options
    BfeverBfever Posts: 40 Member
    edited June 2020
    Are they ignoring all of our complaints?
    I’ve about had it...I had gotten my game to a decent place where it still crashes when I travel...but not so much, by building a new save file with less sims, taking my time to delete multiple lots and sacrificing 2 save files of my favorite sims that I’ve had since this game released on console only for for Friday’s hotfix, that was supposed to fix Wednesday’s update (that SHOULD have fixed all of the problems we’ve been having for over a year now) to make all of the problems worse than they ever were....they can’t be serious. I hope they fix their mess this week. I usually hate when simmers take out their frustration on the developers but I am fuming because all of our complaints and reports fall in deaf ears and each update makes the existing problems much worse.

• Options
    I wanna change my profile pic to the crashing screen as a joke lol I’m sick of crashing 20 times a day. How the frick did this bug get passed up with the latest patch like please tell me how dumb do ya gotta be to not know about this bug in a patch with everyone complainin. It’s BAD.
  • Options
    As I have said, as my dad said, why fix it when people are still buying it? There's no competition so why bother?

I mean, before the Dec patch, everything worked fine but since then and the "DU pack" go to load some households and "Sorry, you can't do that." Why do they now crash? I don't know.
    2quwd7.gif

• Options
    Everyone just needs to complain about it everywhere on here, EA answers HQ, on posts that the community managers put up on here until they get the message and fix it
  • Options
    bruceleroy98bruceleroy98 Posts: 333 Member
    It's terrible. Where are the devs and why are they ignoring this MASSIVE application issue? They wouldn't want to kill the confidence that customers have had with purchasing their new packs. YOU CAN'T EVEN PLAY THE GAME AS OF 6/8/20.
  • Options
    Two nights ago, I moved 3 people into a completed penthouse in place of the Stargazer Lounge and it worked fine. Went to continue playing it last night and it took two goes to get it to load as the first time it crashed. WHY??

With so many error reports, surely it says what the error was.
    2quwd7.gif