Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Crashing every time traveling.

Comments

• Ace150Ace150 Posts: 5 New Member
    I’ve started a fresh save and I’m playing with my main household from my previous save and I haven’t experienced any crashes so far. In my old save, I replaced all the hideous maxis lots with lots and households from the gallery. I just wanted the worlds to feel more realistic, alive and lived in. Being able to travel to any lots without the worry of the game crashing is all well and good but what’s the point if the lots are all undeveloped trash? What’s the point of owning all the packs if it’s just gonna cause your game to crash if you make use of all the build items? I might not continue playing anymore. The undeveloped lots and low effort townies that I encounter just kills any enjoyment I have for the game. Immersion, role playing, attention to detail, etc. are the some of the main elements that engages me and keeps me dedicated to a game.
  • adamclark83adamclark83 Posts: 692 Member
    The recent patch stated that it fixes some households that crash but which ones?
    2quwd7.gif

• maestress_luna20maestress_luna20 Posts: 2 New Member
    [quote="iamoz96;d-970340"]Ever since the update I’ve been crashing non stop and unable to travel from my home lot. Wondering if anybody else is having this issue because I can’t play the game at all which is a first for me.[/quote]

Not only does the game crash while traveling for me but while saving. It's making me crazy.
    EA, when will all this crashing be fixed??? Every night after I have played a household for a bit, I go to return to the World Map and it crashes every time.
    2quwd7.gif

• BabykittyjadeBabykittyjade Posts: 4,975 Member
    edited August 2020
    Someone in another thread suggested deleting autosave to fix the problem. I told my sister who is on console just now so cannot report back if it works yet. She has the same issue.
    Zombies, oh please oh please give us zombies!! :'(
  • NikkihNikkih Posts: 1,758 Member
    edited August 2020
    I will suggest aswell as deleting your autosave, the big 64x64 and 50x50 lots try use less packs on them lots as possible, the more packs you use the more it needs too load, i know it's a pain but ever since i done those things my game has been playing much better, I dont crash as often anymore, I've crashed twice since eco lifestyle came out and I travel alot and jump into build & buy and CAS
  • iamoz96iamoz96 Posts: 263 Member
    That is really limiting that we have to do those things for our game to actually run like it’s supposed to. The console is powerful enough to support these kinds of games. Maybe they didn’t port the game over correctly? Don’t know if that’s a thing..
    Origin ID: iamoz96
    Enjoy my creations! :)
  • NikkihNikkih Posts: 1,758 Member
    You never know with EA 😂😂
  • BfeverBfever Posts: 40 Member
    edited September 2020
    Today's patch has claimed to FINALLY fix this!!!! It's specifically in the patch notes that it addresses this on PS4 for crashing when travelling and going into build mode (apparently was a memory issue on their end). I really and truly hope this is resolved for anyone who has had this issue. This has been a THORN in my side since July 2019. SO many people of have had to deal with this frustration for YEARS. It was about time that it got addressed and it better be a permanent fix.

https://www.ea.com/games/the-sims/the-sims-4/news/update-notes-sep-09-2020
    Why did it take THIS long?
    edited September 2020
    I guess the longer EA tried to dismiss it as a problem, the more they wouldn't have to fix it therefore spending more time developing new packs..
    2quwd7.gif

• catloverplayercatloverplayer Posts: 93,395 Member
    Bfever wrote: »
    Today's patch has claimed to FINALLY fix this!!!! It's specifically in the patch notes that it addresses this on PS4 for crashing when travelling and going into build mode (apparently was a memory issue on their end). I really and truly hope this is resolved for anyone who has had this issue. This has been a THORN in my side since July 2019. SO many people of have had to deal with this frustration for YEARS. It was about time that it got addressed and it better be a permanent fix.

https://www.ea.com/games/the-sims/the-sims-4/news/update-notes-sep-09-2020

This is great news.

So after all this time of us complaining since the start of the year and EA tech experts saying to follow simple troubleshooting steps, it was fixed by simply adding more memory?
    2quwd7.gif

Are you serious 🙄 (rhetorical)
  • ReaganboganReaganbogan Posts: 278 Member
    The lack of memory is causing me to crash again. They need to "find" more.

I felt like I was being patient, my game hadn't crashed for about 5 weeks, so I bought NK and JA. Now I'm crashing whenever I travel around Selvadorada.
    The lack of memory is causing me to crash again. They need to "find" more.

I felt like I was being patient, my game hadn't crashed for about 5 weeks, so I bought NK and JA. Now I'm crashing whenever I travel around Selvadorada.

If it’s still crashing then I’m still not gonna let go of the AUTOSAVE feature being the culprit.
  • sunman502sunman502 Posts: 18,325 Member
    edited September 2020
    iamoz96 wrote: »
    Ever since the update I’ve been crashing non stop and unable to travel from my home lot. Wondering if anybody else is having this issue because I can’t play the game at all which is a first for me.
    What console are you playing on? I get that same issue with crashing upon traveling with Sims 4 on the PS4 every now and then. But I haven't had that issue with Sims 4 lately even with Star Wars: Journey to Batuu, and the latest update installed. That issue is a complete mystery to me because it just happens.
    sunman502 wrote: »
    Ever since the update I’ve been crashing non stop and unable to travel from my home lot. Wondering if anybody else is having this issue because I can’t play the game at all which is a first for me.
    What console are you playing on? I get that same issue with crashing upon traveling with Sims 4 on the PS4 every now and then. But I haven't had that issue with Sims 4 lately even with Star Wars: Journey to Batuu, and the latest update installed. That issue is a complete mystery to me because it just happens.

PS4 slim. It seems to happen no matter the kind of console you’re on. Xbox has the same issue as well. They said they fixed the crashing by adding more memory so that could be why you’re not crashing anymore. Some people are still crashing unfortunately.

• FaerydaeFaerydae Posts: 3 New Member
    I wasn't crashing at all before the update. Now I went to Granite Falls, and I can't travel anywhere. I tried changing the graphics from 'ultra' to 'low'-- as low as it can go. It's not making a difference. Doesn't seem to matter what method I use to travel (the sign, the supplies shop, or the phone). They all start to load and then the game just quits.

Does anyone know any work around or fixes? Do we have any news about whether someone is addressing this?
  • FaerydaeFaerydae Posts: 3 New Member
    As an additional note, this is a new save on a new computer, with no custom content, very few auto saves, and only a tent and a pet bowl at the camp site. There should be plenty of memory space.
    @Faerydae This is the console section...
    sunman502 wrote: »

PS4 slim. It seems to happen no matter the kind of console you’re on. Xbox has the same issue as well. They said they fixed the crashing by adding more memory so that could be why you’re not crashing anymore. Some people are still crashing unfortunately.
    I haven't had this issue since moving the entire game to an external memory unit. Try getting an external memory unit for your console, and move the entire game over to that. And see if the game still crashes upon traveling.
  • ObiwanxKannoliObiwanxKannoli Posts: 19 Member
    I play on xbox and I haven't had any crashes but it is definitely taking a lot longer to load in and out and between traveling since the update.
  • ReaganboganReaganbogan Posts: 278 Member
    I've had two crashes trying to connect with the gallery, so I won't be using it that feature. Currently I'm getting a ton of lag. Sims standing around because the tasks aren't dropping to queue up.
    edited October 2020
    I play on xbox and I haven't had any crashes but it is definitely taking a lot longer to load in and out and between traveling since the update.
    The game does that a lot on me, and I play it on the PS4. Not only does it take longer to load during travel, it also takes longer to load during game start up too for me. And I have moved the entire game to an external memory unit. I don't believe that it's the updates that are so reason for the longer load time. I believe that it's the amount of add-ons are part of the reason for this. It seems to me like the game takes longer to load every time a new add-on is added to the game.