Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Crashing every time traveling.

Comments

• NikkihNikkih Posts: 1,758 Member
    Has anyone got Twitter ? , someone could write a comment about this on there too the gurus
  • iamoz96iamoz96 Posts: 263 Member
    edited June 2020
    Someone please with a Twitter account tell them how horrible the issue is on console. Also I’ve reported on EA QA. Someone made a good point that crashing could be due to the auto save feature saving wayy too frequently....

🤷🏼‍♀️
    Post edited by iamoz96 on
    Origin ID: iamoz96
    Enjoy my creations! :)
  • adamclark83adamclark83 Posts: 692 Member
    I did once send a crash report to one of the developers on Twitter but they never responded, only another player having the same issues.

Also, I was massively teed off last night when I tried to continue playing my new Stargazer Lounge penthouse four times and it crashed each time.

WHY?? WHY?? WHY??
    2quwd7.gif

WARNING. Not only crashing but my sims now have sporadic autonomy doing actions that are not allowed in the first place. Seems to be some lots have whacked coding because all my sims are now harvesting the garden, brewing herb remedies, cooking when not hungry, doing push ups without the active trait or energized obsessively etc... These are interactions only allowed by me, the player, but they’re doing them on their own. Now my sims are infected by visiting those whack lots. Be warned... I visited lots in Evergreen and in Mua Pel’am. Don’t ruin your sims y’all. Don’t know if any more lots that will make autonomy go sporadic.
    The other day, I sent a complaint through to America's Consumer Affairs. Hopefully they can do something about all these issues and make EA fix them, as it seems they are ignoring them.
    2quwd7.gif

edited June 2020
    Do you think it would help starting a new save and temporary uninstall some packs, at this point I'm thinking about it, I'm thinking of maybe removing 2 game packs and an expansion 😂
  • YamsisimsYamsisims Posts: 111 Member
    I have been over to Answer HQ. Trust me. The support tickets are piling up as people report the bugs. They are well aware of a lot of the issues. Now we just seeing how quickly patches get out. I am just as frustrated as all of you. I am a console (Xbox One) player. I have to believe they are working the problems as quickly as they can.
    > @Nikkih said:
    > Do you think it would help starting a new save and temporary uninstall some packs, at this point I'm thinking about it, I'm thinking of maybe removing 2 game packs and an expansion 😂

I don't think it is caused by packs. I think the post Eco Lifestyle patch of June 5, 2020 is causing a lot of problems. People that did not get Eco Lifestyle but downloaded the patch are having similar issues.
    > @adamclark83 said:
    > The other day, I sent a complaint through to America's Consumer Affairs. Hopefully they can do something about all these issues and make EA fix them, as it seems they are ignoring them.

As I said above, I think they are well aware of the problems. I have taught programming and program design. It take times to fix errors like this, and we don't want them to rush. This would just compound the errors. I hope that they will release something soon.
    Its absolutely ridiculous I cant play my game, I'm gutted that even that wouldn't help @Yamsisims
    > @Nikkih said:
    > Its absolutely ridiculous I cant play my game, I'm gutted that even that wouldn't help @Yamsisims

I agree. I have been anxiously awaiting Eco Lifestyle and the patch released before it. I have a legacy family, and I cannot continue with them the way the game is now. I fully understand your frustration.
    edited June 2020
    I'm going to create a temporary save, not fill the world up as much, no cheats, one household, I only play with one save ( I've put soo much work into it) I'm not deleting it, once the game is fix I will delete my temporary save and go back too my proper save, I'm thinking what have I got too lose creating this save, if this new save keeps crashing like my proper save I will just delete it straight away @Yamsisims

Edit: I've created a temp save its works much better, I on purpose travelled alot, too see it would crash it hasn't soo far, the loading times are much faster
    , I've only added the restaurants that came with dine out, the spa that came with spa day, the bowling alley that came with bowling night, only playing one household, no cheats, Just thought I'd share this, Maybe this could be a temporary solution for you guys until it's fixed, I know its probably the last way you want to play it like but it seems to be playing okay, atleast you'll possibly be able too play it this way
    Post edited by Nikkih on
    I hate community voting in this pack.
    I didn't get to play much with the bugs. Is community voting mandatory?
    edited June 2020
    Yamsisims wrote: »
    I didn't get to play much with the bugs. Is community voting mandatory?
    It is mandatory I believe but I’m sure the moment you enter the game the NPCs instantly vote. You can turn off NPC voting in game. It’s too late for me because NPCs have voted in all neighborhoods without my knowledge of what is voted on. I’m blind of what is voted on so every time I enter a new neighborhood the behavior is enacted. On top of that my sims are permanently stuck with that behavior long after leaving that neighborhood. I’ve seen other complaints of this as well.

edit: I’m so stressed my game is so disorganized and there’s nothing I can do about it.
    > @iamoz96 said:
    > (Quote)
    > It is mandatory I believe but I’m sure the moment you enter the game the NPCs instantly vote. You can turn off NPC voting in game. It’s too late for me because NPCs have voted in all neighborhoods without my knowledge of what is voted on. I’m blind of what is voted on so every time I enter a new neighborhood the behavior is enacted. On top of that my sims are permanently stuck with that behavior long after leaving that neighborhood. I’ve seen other complaints of this as well.
    >
    > edit: I’m so stressed my game is so disorganized and there’s nothing I can do about it.

Sorry about your stress. I am bummed too that I can't continue my household. Maybe soon.
    Strange thing happened last night. I selected my Stargazer penthouse and it loaded first time. But after restarting the game when it crashed when I exited Build mdoe on another lot, I went to load a household in Willow's Creek and it crashed. So I quit for the night and watched a DVD.
    2quwd7.gif

• ReaganboganReaganbogan Posts: 278 Member
    Started up the game. First thing I did was go in cas. Scrolling through my library for a sim then my screen turned black before I got the report screen.

Also earlier in the day while in cas I could not use my R stick to zoom in/out. But I could use the zoom in/out function if I cheat edited the Sims from their household. The zoom would not work going from the dresser into cas. I also couldn't rotate items this day but that seems to be working again.

I have a two crash limit before I find new entertainment.
  • ReaganboganReaganbogan Posts: 278 Member
    Also because that R1 button is being weird I can't swipe through my Sims phone. Not sure if there's a different button I can use?
    Since it was a past patch that made many of my households crash when trying to load them, it can be a patch that fixes them. To think that a patch makes this happen and then blaming the crashes on corrupt lots or households is absurd.

Will "The Sims 5" be like this? Probably.
    2quwd7.gif

Tbh, I hate to say this.... hardly to none of this is gonna get fixed properly. I’ve lost hope with the recent expansion and there is SO MUCH destructive stuff in this pack and nuisance bugs (crashing) outside of it.
  • KhrisstyneKhrisstyne Posts: 368 Member
    I had to uninstall the base game pack(it included all packs as well) and redownload all packs which didn't take long, thankfully, but I did not download eco lifestyle. My game hasn't crashed and isn't severely laggy and all other problems that came with Eco lifestyle anymore. We can't even play what we paid for.
    AviaWinters.tumblr.com
    AviaTheDramaFiend.wordpress.com
    (not always sims related but I review and discuss television shows and movies. Foreign or not.)

I play on console and PC now! YAY!
    Exactly the same I did. Uninstalled everything and took away excessive NAP behavior and strange clashing with other packs. This is the first time I had to do it and never saw it coming. No problems with other packs released. Eco footprint is bugged too so what’s the point in just having the world to play in? Can’t play majority of the pack..
    The other I finished a house design in Del Sol Valley on the small 20x20 lot, moved someone in and when I went to play it, it crashed. Try to play a different house in the same area, it crashed.

I can't play a single household in Del Sol Valley anymore.
    2quwd7.gif

• catloverplayercatloverplayer Posts: 93,393 Member
    Here is the best place to mention this
    https://answers.ea.com/t5/Bug-Reports/bd-p/The-Sims-4-Bugs