Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Rose and Nascar's Mafia Game (Town Win)

Comments

• Options
    NushnushganayNushnushganay Posts: 9,418 Member
    @DeKay why would they not vote as quickly if they were mafia? This reminds me of a funny skit from an oldie goldie Robin Williams movie "Good Morning Vietnam"... when he was lampooning how idiotic it was to go through the jungle calling out, "Are you the Enemy?"

So what does how quickly someone votes, have to do with whether they are town or mafia, in your opinion, DeKay?
    Racism is EVERYONE's fight #BLM #StopAsianHate
    Let's make Liberty and Justice For All a reality.

xicwqMCm.jpg
  • Options
    Are there two mafia, or one, in this game? Because if there are two, it's not a 1 in 5 chance per person. And when people wonder what the odds are that this one or that one are mafia, sorry, but it's the same across the board, statistically speaking. So there's no figuring which horse to bet on, based on that.

xicwqMCm.jpg
  • Options
    What's so funny to me about all this, is all this supposition that people are gonna act weird just because they came up mafia. Why would they? Would they harbor actual guilt, such that it would affect their conversation? I can't imagine people are that simplistic. I'm sure not.
    And for what it's worth, which if people are rational, should be nothing at all, I'm town. But since I'd say that if I were mafia, it shouldn't count for anything anyway.

xicwqMCm.jpg
  • Options
    So Lyfe still hasn't said hello? Maybe they are busy and it's coincidence, but I'm tired and now sure when tomorrow this day period ends, so here goes a shot in the dark at random:

Nerd Bella DeKay Lyfe, Nerd Bella DeKay Lyfe...one of you is scum, actually two of you are, because there are only 5 of us, right? So whoever I vote, I have an excellent 50/50 chance of hitting it right! And whichever of you are also not scum, have an even better chance, if you believe me that I'm not, because then you'd be facing only 3 contestants, 2 of whom have to be scum.

I'm gonna... VOTE: BELLA
    It's not personal, it's just a dart thrown on a map. :)

xicwqMCm.jpg
  • Options
    DeKayDeKay Posts: 81,603 Member
    DeKay why would they not vote as quickly if they were mafia? This reminds me of a funny skit from an oldie goldie Robin Williams movie "Good Morning Vietnam"... when he was lampooning how plum it was to go through the jungle calling out, "Are you the Enemy?"

So what does how quickly someone votes, have to do with whether they are town or mafia, in your opinion, DeKay?

I don't know. I just think Nerd is still a pretty new player and would try to not stand out so much if they were mafia, cuz it's gonna put them in a bad position if they mislynch someone (and obviously a mafia would lynch a townie unless they're bussing their partner, which I don't think is the case here). They seem less nervous in this game. But who knows. Maybe Nerd's trying to be a bit different. 🤷‍♀️
    My Top Song of the Day: Innocence by Avril Lavigne
    x3vZicL.gif
  • Options
    Are there two mafia, or one, in this game? Because if there are two, it's not a 1 in 5 chance per person. And when people wonder what the odds are that this one or that one are mafia, sorry, but it's the same across the board, statistically speaking. So there's no figuring which horse to bet on, based on that.

There's 2 mafia. You're right. So, it should be like a 50% chance that you 4 people could be a mafia. XD
    What's so funny to me about all this, is all this supposition that people are gonna act weird just because they came up mafia. Why would they? Would they harbor actual guilt, such that it would affect their conversation? I can't imagine people are that simplistic. I'm sure not.
    And for what it's worth, which if people are rational, should be nothing at all, I'm town. But since I'd say that if I were mafia, it shouldn't count for anything anyway.

Okay, if you really are town. Who do you think could be the mafia?
    x3vZicL.gif
  • Options
    DeKay wrote: »
    DeKay why would they not vote as quickly if they were mafia? This reminds me of a funny skit from an oldie goldie Robin Williams movie "Good Morning Vietnam"... when he was lampooning how plum it was to go through the jungle calling out, "Are you the Enemy?"

I don't know. I just think Nerd is still a pretty new player and would try to not stand out so much if they were mafia, cuz it's gonna put them in a bad position if they mislynch someone (and obviously a mafia would lynch a townie unless they're bussing their partner, which I don't think is the case here). They seem less nervous in this game. But who knows. Maybe Nerd's trying to be a bit different. 🤷‍♀️

Again, this is normally my opinion on the players who are not very experienced as mafia and would be afraid to mess up. They would most likely like to wait for a townie to vote for another townie and then they will vote for that person so it doesn't make their bad vote stand out too much.

Of course, this thought process will be different for veteran players such as myself.
    x3vZicL.gif
  • Options
    Vote: Bella?

I feel like Nush seems sincere with his town claim. But eh. I don't know how he would be if he was mafia. Gonna take a leap of faith here. LOL.
    x3vZicL.gif
  • Options
    Yikes, so 2 out of the 3 Bella votes are pure randomness now?

By the way, I voted Bella, cuz her reaction was really weird. Seems like a frustrated mafia to me and I can understand mafia being very frustrated in this set up cuz they cannot night kill anyone.
    x3vZicL.gif
  • Options
    nerdfashionnerdfashion Posts: 5,947 Member
    Doing okay, was playing some Sims4, have Wolfgang Munch as a teen dropout criminal gang leader and aspiring drug lord in the Simzuka just to see what that's like. He hired Vlad as a gang member but that's not going the greatest, because they kinda hate each other. Popped in to see what was up with this new game and we have 5 peeps right? And I'm one of 2 EMMM?

Okay should I roll a die and spit out a couple names at random?

Yes, you're one of my 2 EMMM. I actually wanted to vot for Bella first but I also wanted to see how you would react since I don't know how you would if you were a mafia, or if you were targeted. 😜

You can do that if you want.

Ah, testing the waters. I see. Honestly, I don't care if you vote for me or not.

Why would you not care? You want town to lose or something, if you are even town...?

I mean, there's not much I can do about it, and it's only one vote. Do you want me to care more about it?

Well, judging by how the person with the longest votes gets lynched, I think you should care. :D
    I don't know about you guys but I think Bella is acting weird.

Lyfe is the only one who hasn't spoken yet. So at least one of you guys who have spoken is def scum. And I know it ain't me.

Nerd to me seems the most townish cuz I think they will not vote as quickly if they were mafia, unless they're mafia with Nush.

What are the odds that Lyfe is mafia?

I'm not sure what to think yet.

About 1 in 5. Which makes it a 20% chance- still pretty likely. Let's just try to figure out which one of us, who is already here, is scum. Then we'll worry about Lyfe.

Technically, 25% for me since I already know I'm a goodie. :D So, I'm just gonna go with a 1/4 chance for her that she's mafia.

So Nerd, are you a townie? :tongue:

Yes, I'm a townie.

funny-gifs20.gif

• Options
    Doing okay, was playing some Sims4, have Wolfgang Munch as a teen dropout criminal gang leader and aspiring drug lord in the Simzuka just to see what that's like. He hired Vlad as a gang member but that's not going the greatest, because they kinda hate each other. Popped in to see what was up with this new game and we have 5 peeps right? And I'm one of 2 EMMM?

Yes, you're one of my 2 EMMM. I actually wanted to vot for Bella first but I also wanted to see how you would react since I don't know how you would if you were a mafia, or if you were targeted. 😜

Ah, testing the waters. I see. Honestly, I don't care if you vote for me or not.

Why would you not care? You want town to lose or something, if you are even town...?

I mean, there's not much I can do about it, and it's only one vote. Do you want me to care more about it?

Well, judging by how the person with the longest votes gets lynched, I think you should care. :D

Lyfe is the only one who hasn't spoken yet. So at least one of you guys who have spoken is def scum. And I know it ain't me.

Nerd to me seems the most townish cuz I think they will not vote as quickly if they were mafia, unless they're mafia with Nush.

About 1 in 5. Which makes it a 20% chance- still pretty likely. Let's just try to figure out which one of us, who is already here, is scum. Then we'll worry about Lyfe.

Technically, 25% for me since I already know I'm a goodie. :D So, I'm just gonna go with a 1/4 chance for her that she's mafia.

Yes, I'm a townie.

Hmmm... okay....

So what do you think of Bella's reaction?
    Do you believe Nush's town claim?
    What do you think of me?
    x3vZicL.gif
  • Options
    nerdfashionnerdfashion Posts: 5,947 Member

Yes, I'm a townie.

Hmmm... okay....

What do you think of me?

Bella seems upset to me, even though if she was she would have lied about it. I find this scummy.
    Nush isn't letting on much. I do believe him for now, but that could easily change.
    You? I'm honestly not sure. You seem town, but I haven't played with you being Mafia for a while so I don't know how you act when you're mafia.
    funny-gifs20.gif

• Options

Yes, I'm a townie.

Hmmm... okay....

What do you think of me?

Bella seems upset to me, even though if she was she would have lied about it. I find this scummy.
    Nush isn't letting on much. I do believe him for now, but that could easily change.
    You? I'm honestly not sure. You seem town, but I haven't played with you being Mafia for a while so I don't know how you act when you're mafia.

Okay. I feel roughly the same for Bella and Nush. Now we just have so wait for Lyfe.
    x3vZicL.gif
  • Options
    bellagorillabellagorilla Posts: 6,891 Member

There's two, one mafia and one Godfather.
    7dW3gu7.gif
    Most likely caught as scum and best theme-Google Translate, 4th annual Scummies win!
  • Options
    Yikes, so 2 out of the 3 Bella votes are pure randomness now?

By the way, I voted Bella, cuz her reaction was really weird. Seems like a frustrated mafia to me and I can understand mafia being very frustrated in this set up cuz they cannot night kill anyone.

I suppose I can see how you could see my reaction that way. I think at the time I was tired, had a headache, and truly didn't care :lol:
    7dW3gu7.gif
    Most likely caught as scum and best theme-Google Translate, 4th annual Scummies win!
  • Options
    I was just honestly surprised to see suspicion cast and a vote on me when I hadn't even spoken yet, that's all.

Now, I'm going to pull a complete Rosey move--but should we be suspecting Lyfe if she's not around?
    7dW3gu7.gif
  • Options
    I was just honestly surprised to see suspicion cast and a vote on me when I hadn't even spoken yet, that's all.

Now, I'm going to pull a complete Rosey move--but should we be suspecting Lyfe if she's not around?

I'm just suspecting Lyfe using the process of elimination.
    x3vZicL.gif
  • Options
    If you're not scum and I'm not, Dekay, that narrows it down to Bella, Nerd, and Lyfe. Of course you could be scum; I haven't played but once before and don't even know if you act different when you are scum. I kinda hope you don't because if you're good at this, that would be unexpected. But then, I haven't played scum yet, myself, so I could hope I wouldn't act different, but I have no idea.

If people can successfully tell in most games, that means most people do act different when they are one, than the other, even in the beginning when it's all based on conversational dynamics. That disappoints me if people are that transparent. If Lyfe were scum, wouldn't it be a dead giveaway to be the only one not talking?

Anyway, when does this "day" period end?

xicwqMCm.jpg
  • Options
    If you're not scum and I'm not, Dekay, that narrows it down to Bella, Nerd, and Lyfe. Of course you could be scum; I haven't played but once before and don't even know if you act different when you are scum. I kinda hope you don't because if you're good at this, that would be unexpected. But then, I haven't played scum yet, myself, so I could hope I wouldn't act different, but I have no idea.

If people can successfully tell in most games, that means most people do act different when they are one, than the other, even in the beginning when it's all based on conversational dynamics. That disappoints me if people are that transparent. If Lyfe were scum, wouldn't it be a dead giveaway to be the only one not talking?

Eh, sometimes I don't even think I act that differently as mafia but some people are still able to pick it up. And sometimes when we're mafia, we don't even realize we're acting a bit different. It is just a sub conscious thing that you won't even realize. You will know when you become mafia. 😂

I just hope you're not a mafia in this game tho. I'm not very confident about your alignment here compared to the previous game tho.
    x3vZicL.gif
  • Options
    You gave me a good chuckle. I can't wait to play mafia one of these days. Then we'll see, won't we? Maybe I'm only overconfident that I would be hard to detect. I was really good at subterfuge, in a training session game (that may have been a test) at an agency I worked for once, that valued the ability to keep a secret. I had a roomful of people convinced I was lying, when I was telling the truth, and also that I was telling the truth, when I was lying.

xicwqMCm.jpg
  • Options
    You gave me a good chuckle. I can't wait to play mafia one of these days. Then we'll see, won't we? Maybe I'm only overconfident that I would be hard to detect. I was really good at subterfuge, in a training session game (that may have been a test) at an agency I worked for once, that valued the ability to keep a secret. I had a roomful of people convinced I was lying, when I was telling the truth, and also that I was telling the truth, when I was lying.

How do we know that you're not playing as mafia right now?
    7dW3gu7.gif
  • Options
    Rose said she's running 24 hours... We're in the same timezone and day started at 6pm and it's currently 11:30pm, so we have about 6 more hours.
    7dW3gu7.gif
  • Options

Eh, sometimes I don't even think I act that differently as mafia but some people are still able to pick it up. And sometimes when we're mafia, we don't even realize we're acting a bit different. It is just a sub conscious thing that you won't even realize. You will know when you become mafia. 😂

I just hope you're not a mafia in this game tho. I'm not very confident about your alignment here compared to the previous game tho.

Honestly if anyone I'm leaning more towards Nush. But I don't think I've ever played with Nush?
    7dW3gu7.gif
  • Options
    You know what? Vote: Nush I might as well go with my gut.
    7dW3gu7.gif
  • Options
    edited December 2019

How do we know that you're not playing as mafia right now?
    Exactly the same way I know you're not. Meaning, not at all. That's why trying to figure all this out by simply chatting, with nothing to go on but baseless emotions, seems so silly to me.

But it's awesome you're going with your gut, and humorous that you're wrong. And you don't even know why or how you're making that decision. Maybe we're all wrong way more often than we suspect? This game could be a fun exploration into that.

xicwqMCm.jpg