Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Share the traits of your current sim(s)!

VailsVails Posts: 50 Member
I apologize if a forum like this has been made previously. If so, please disregard.

I've always been curious to see what traits simmers are choosing for their sims.

What are the traits?
Does the trait selection affect their everyday life?
Is there a reason why you chose those traits for them?
Do those traits have a backstory or background?

I'll share mine. My current sim is covered in tattoos, piercings, and wears a leather vest. He seems like the type to start trouble and be a ladies man, right?- except he's neither of those traits. His actual traits are Unflirty, commitment issues, Avant garde, shy, virtuoso, and ambitious.

He spends most of his day in his apartment, making paintings to pass the time, praticing his drumming, or playing with his two cats, so I'd say his traits affect his life moderately. Whenever he leaves the comfort of his apartment, he gets overwhelmed and wants to go home. He's also a 4 star celebrity, so it just adds to his shyness. Really the only time he leaves his home is when it's time for work- and he's level 10 of the Rock music branch-- which probably isn't suited for someone with his traits. Girls AND guys do ask him on dates, but he declines all of them. He never wants to settle down, just produce music.

I chose the traits because I had a pattern of making loud, rebellious sims, covered in tattoos. After a while, I got tired of making the same stereotypical "bad boy" sims, and wanted a change. So I chose all the traits that a "bad boy" sim wouldn't have, and I honestly enjoy it more. I've played with this sim the most out of any other sim I've made.

He does have a backstory though. He grew up with parents who constantly fought, and as a result, he's scared of falling in love. He has a passion for music and art, and spent all of his childhood and teenage years perfecting both. He moved to Bridgeport for better career opportunities, and joined the music industry. He quickly rose to the top because of his musical talent and quickly became a star as a YA, causing him to shy away from everyone else and enjoying the comfort of solitary.

I plan on making him master all musical instruments and all art-forms (photography, sculpting, inventing, street art, writing, painting, etc), just to prove to everyone that you don't need to "settle down" with a relationship to be happy. I also eventually plan on having him leave his job, as he keeps getting the wish to quit.
6h978o3aneec.png

Comments

• Options
    MikezumiMikezumi Posts: 49,697 Member
    I am pretty boring when it comes to traits for my sims. I tend to use traits that are practical, for example my current sim has a green thumb because growing perfect produce is a must for me. He also loves the outdoors because he has to spend time outdoors to garden and because sims who love the outdoors fish autonomously which also works in well with gardening because it produces lots of fertilizer. I can't remember his fifth trait but he is also athletic and a hopeless romantic. I often pair hopeless romantic with athletic because I mostly leave my sims to free will and athletic sims, with no traits to temper it, will work out until they drop otherwise. The girl I am pairing him with has traits I can't remember at all with the exception of Natural Cook. I am not happy unless my sims are eating perfect quality meals.

I don't have any back stories for my sims and I don't even think in terms of a story while I play. I play solely for genetics and keeping my sims happy while they breed lots of sim babies for me :D
  • Options
    bekkasanbekkasan Posts: 10,171 Member
    @Mikezumi You are pairing him with a her? :open_mouth::grin:

@vails I have 6 sims in my current story. I never just play with one. I do pick traits that suit the personality and the back story for my sims though. I play for fun and will not pick evil or mean spirited or a few other traits that I consider a PIA...like irresistible or just plain silly like never naked. :smiley:
    Your sim sounds like a challenge with those traits especially if you want him to pair up at some point. I can see why he is focused on his career and is not interested in the guys and gals around him.
  • Options
    MikezumiMikezumi Posts: 49,697 Member
    @bekkasan I am but that would explain why I have no idea what her traits are :D They are not a household I will be playing for long and she's only there to make a baby so I can have a family to add to my library for populating a fresh town.
  • Options
    bekkasanbekkasan Posts: 10,171 Member
    Mikezumi wrote: »
    @bekkasan I am but that would explain why I have no idea what her traits are :D They are not a household I will be playing for long and she's only there to make a baby so I can have a family to add to my library for populating a fresh town.

hehe, Well, I hope they make a pretty baby together.
  • Options
    GoulsquashGoulsquash Posts: 715 Member
    My current sim is a Shy, Unflirty, Athletic, Loves the Heat, Irresistible guy. His backstory is that he's from a remote village, but was drafted onto the Lucky Palms sports team. I gave him irresistible as a kind of "oh he's so aloof but in a charming kinda way". :)
    My Blog - Currently updating Aurora Skies!
  • Options
    ParyPary Posts: 6,871 Member
    edited November 2019
    I pick traits that fit my sims personality and backstory. I have evil sims, mean spirited sims and such. The only traits I don't use are ones I find non useful to me, like Vehicle Enthusiast or Never Nude. I don't like the childish trait much either because every childish sim I see just stands around making silly faces in the mirror.

My current sim I'm playing tonight is the son of Mortimer Goth, and he's an accomplished artist and musician. He's focused, and very driven, so his current traits are Ambitious, Charismatic, Artistic, Virtuoso and Party Animal.

I love the Unlucky trait, it virtually renders your sim immortal until death from old age, and I find the clumsy trait really cute and endearing.
    Sims 3 Household Exchange - Share your households!
    PoppySims Archive
    InnaLisa Pose Archive
    Devolution of Sims - a once customisable open world sandbox which has become a DLC Party catalog in a shoebox
    I ♡ Pudding
  • Options
    Nikkei_SimmerNikkei_Simmer Posts: 9,428 Member
    edited November 2019
    I tend to play with myself a lot :mrgreen: yeah I know, that sounds really bad.
    Screenshot-30.jpg
    This is what I technically consider my simself (idealized). Falls out of elevator. Yup real coordinated there.

He’s got artistic, angler, virtuoso . I’d have to go into the game to find out the others and that probably won’t be able to be done for a while.

And since I was playing a legacy with him, I picked the premade that had the closest upbringing to my RL Wife turns out that was River.
    Screenshot-179.jpg
    River: Honey, did you know Bri had a date yesterday?
    Haruo: *chokes on food* Screenshot-153.jpg

(About a week after Brianna and Tatsuyoshi’s wedding)
    Brianna: “Dad don’t be mad but Tatsuyoshi and I found out that I’m pregnant...”
    Haruo: (thinks) ‘he did what to my baby girl?!’
    Brianna: “Please...Don’t hurt him, Daddy”
    Screenshot-161.jpg
    Haruo glares at Tatsuyoshi thinking ‘...you are so dead...”
    Something tells me he’s got hot-tempered too but I'm not sure.
    Post edited by Nikkei_Simmer on
    GYZ6Ak9.png
    Always "River McIrish" ...and maybe some Bebe Hart. ~innocent expression~
  • Options
    Shadow_AssassinShadow_Assassin Posts: 1,671 Member
    edited November 2019
    My sims are too lots to talk, I give a few obvious examples

Yutang Arsonist Qi, a wizard with near-white eyes, and a metal band drummer from Bridgeport. He is psycho killer-looking, with makeup like Jeff the Killer, very handsome and different without makeup. His traits are inappropriate, diva, dramatic, socially awkward, childish. He may the worst personality in the sims I created and has no based(the really worst is Ingvar Manic<evil, inappropriate, insane, daredevil, virtuoso>, a ghost from Midnight Hollow, he is based on the infamous metal musician Dead).
    He was born in a remote normal village as an occult with unusual eyes color. Everyone(except his younger sister), including his parents, has been alienating him for a long time, it caused him to almost lose his ability to communicate with people, mental age is equivalent to a child. He grew up to be a drummer, but get on badly with bandmate.

Sarin Apachito, real firstname Sinclair, a human-to-vampire investigator from Midnight Hollow. He dyed his hair to cyan, wearing eccentric, eyes-hurting cyan makeup and clothing, also very handsome without makeup. His trait are good sense of humor, charismatic, diva, hot-headed, clumsy, has a silver and sharp tongue but only good at talking.
    He and his sister Dolores, once worked in a munitioner team, everyone couldn't help but think why he ruining himself when seen his makeup and clothing. He lost some important ammunition by himself, then he was kicked out.

Napalm Molotov, a incendiary bomb fairy from Midnight Hollow, He is a referred to the some objects that truned into elves/fairies in eastern folklores. His appearance is a young man with amazing beauty, has grey skin and fire-color hair. His traits are loves the outdoors, hydrophobic, daredevil, moocher, frugal.
    He comes from a secret laboratory of magic, science, and alchemy. Humans named this name for him, he still maintains some fire's traits(he also immune to fire and pyromaniac), but learned to be greedy for cheapest. He lives with a experimental subject couple who want to leaves the laboratory for gains some benifits(yes he is third wheel)
    Post edited by Shadow_Assassin on
    Entrance to the abyss
    sims.fandom.com/wiki/User:ShadeAssassin
    It's a scratch-off ticket
    There's a "_" in my usename. My usename is Shadow_Assassin, not ShadowAssassin or others

Sometimes it's not me who talks to you, it's machine translation

She/Her but you can call me as any pronouns