Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

What are YOUR Expectations for Discover University?

124...Next

Comments

• Options
    gothprincess4evergothprincess4ever Posts: 2,130 Member
    I expect Discover University to be good, but not the best of anything.
    Well, judging from all the EPs that have been released up to this point, I have been a pretty fine balance between excited and bored, so I feel about the same about this pack as well. I don't think it'll be anything over the top, but I certainly believe it won't be too bad either. I guess something in the middle of the "perfection" range, for lack of a better word.

I really love Occult Sims, so robots have definitely piqued my interest. I'm excited about bikes, loans, and secret societies, too!
  • Options
    JurnéEndsJurnéEnds Posts: 59 Member
    I honestly don't care.
    For me it will be a good pack but all the packs are good enough to me 😂. University isn’t necessarily what I would have wanted but I want it so others who truly do have it. I hope it’s everything they want. Or at least has enough foundation to be improved up on
  • Options
    iliekponieziliekponiez Posts: 455 Member
    Other
    I think it's going to be awesome! So excited!
  • Options
    WallSims4everWallSims4ever Posts: 755 Member
    It's great. From everything I've seen, it couldn't be better. The only thing I would change about this pack is the piercings, cause they look terrible, but the rest is just perfect to me.

It definitely has potential to be the second best EP. I just think no Sims 4 pack could beat Get Together.
  • Options
    DanmanNefariusDanmanNefarius Posts: 947 Member
    edited November 2019
    Other
    I expect it to be half finished and filled with all kinds of new gamebreaking bugs and hindering mechanics like the dancing celebrity aggrevation which i had to mod due to EA's unwillingness to fix stupid stuff like this -.- and i also expect this EP to have new ways of flooding my game with even more of those annoying random pears which already are too dominantly present which truly is getting on my nerves! in short... i am not that excited (yet)

i am not buying this untill i have seen it (not played by influencers because i do not trust them one bit since they are paid to promote for EA) and when the bugs are fixed even tho i am aware of great stuff i will be missing out on... but EA and their nasty habit of rushing content to satisfy their greed and pleasing their only people of interest, the investors, have forced my hand.
  • Options
    pepperjax1230pepperjax1230 Posts: 7,953 Member
    It’s going to end up like every other pack fun for a week then it will grow old.
    tenor.gif?itemid=5228641
  • Options
    bshag4lvbshag4lv Posts: 9,378 Member
    I honestly don't care.
    Do I think it's going to be a good ep? Yes and I like all the extra stuff, b/b and the game play, but, I have learned not to have any expectations and that way you won't be disappointed. :)
    In my house, dog hair sticks to everything but the dog.
  • Options
    KarlaO22KarlaO22 Posts: 3 New Member
    > @rinre33 said:
    > (Quote)
    >
    > I don't think any pack will beat seasons for me personally, but am relatively optimistic at this point. That being said island living has put me off from buying packs for a while, I do hope the gameplay will be more fleshed out this time around. Fingers crossed :)

What did you dislike with Island Living? I am buying two EP in December, Seasons and then either DU or IL. Which one would people recommend? I'm more of a builder than a player, but am interested in the gameplay of both DU and IL. Also trying to figure out if Jungle Adventure is worth it if I already have Strangerville, that is also a mystery to uncover. Going to get dine out and/or vampires. I need a lot of advice it seems haha <3
  • Options
    rinre33rinre33 Posts: 697 Member
    KarlaO22 wrote: »
    > @rinre33 said:
    > (Quote)
    >
    > I don't think any pack will beat seasons for me personally, but am relatively optimistic at this point. That being said island living has put me off from buying packs for a while, I do hope the gameplay will be more fleshed out this time around. Fingers crossed :)

What did you dislike with Island Living? I am buying two EP in December, Seasons and then either DU or IL. Which one would people recommend? I'm more of a builder than a player, but am interested in the gameplay of both DU and IL. Also trying to figure out if Jungle Adventure is worth it if I already have Strangerville, that is also a mystery to uncover. Going to get dine out and/or vampires. I need a lot of advice it seems haha <3

I think IL is really empty game play wise, but to be honest the build & buy is amazing. The only thing to consider would be that you'd be restricted with the style of some items. I haven't got DU yet, but from seeing some review videos there are a lot of windows. Not as many buy items as in other packs but they look relatively versatile.

I really like vampires for the build & buy, but if you don't like supernaturals then idk if it's worth it (maybe on sale?). Jungle Adventure is beautiful but again pretty heavily themed.

I suppose it depends on what aesthetics you like most from the packs :)
  • Options
    Writin_RegWritin_Reg Posts: 28,907 Member
    edited November 2019
    It's perfect - so far I am enjoying it more than Sims 2 or Sims 3 version - which surprised even me seeing I loved Sims 2's version - but got to hand it to them - in my opinion they nailed at Maxis. Best one yet! As you can see I never suspected it would be the best one - now i wish I could change my vote.

"Games Are Not The Place To Tell Stories, Games Are Meant To Let People Tell Their Own Stories"...Will Wright.

In dreams - I LIVE!
    In REALITY, I simply exist.....

• Options
    Writin_Reg wrote: »
    It's perfect - so far I am enjoying it more than Sims 2 or Sims 3 version - which surprised even me seeing I loved Sims 2's version - but got to hand it to them - in my opinion they nailed at Maxis. Best one yet! As you can see I never suspected it would be the best one - now i wish I could change my vote.
    Haha I am struggling raising a baby and staying on top of school work. I feel like its harder the all the other University packs we have had in the past.

tenor.gif?itemid=5228641
  • Options
    Writin_RegWritin_Reg Posts: 28,907 Member
    Haha I am struggling raising a baby and staying on top of school work. I feel like its harder the all the other University packs we have had in the past.

I cannot imagine sending a Sim to Uni that has kids - for sure. The struggle sounds real for sure. Wish your sim a lot of luck.

"Games Are Not The Place To Tell Stories, Games Are Meant To Let People Tell Their Own Stories"...Will Wright.

In dreams - I LIVE!
    In REALITY, I simply exist.....

• Options

I cannot imagine sending a Sim to Uni that has kids - for sure. The struggle sounds real for sure. Wish your sim a lot of luck.
    Oh she wasn't pregnant when she got there it was when her boyfriend moved in that she got pregnant, I mean boyfriend / Husband now.

tenor.gif?itemid=5228641
  • Options
    alan650111alan650111 Posts: 3,295 Member
    I BEG developers to not modify the challenge level of the pack. I love it so much!
  • Options
    SheriSim57SheriSim57 Posts: 6,973 Member
    My expectations have decreased of the sims 4 lately. And University was not one of my most anticipated packs anyway. I haven’t gotten it yet, but I hope I am able to play with it rotationally. I have many households I play, but I usually leave aging off.
  • Options
    alan650111 wrote: »
    I BEG developers to not modify the challenge level of the pack. I love it so much!
    Its to hard in my opinion. :joy: I am not the hugest fan of this pack either. But its keeping me playing more then Realm Of Magic did.

tenor.gif?itemid=5228641