Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

What are YOUR Expectations for Discover University?

funny-gifs20.gif

What are YOUR Expectations for Discover University? 259 votes

I expect Discover University to be the best of all packs so far!
4%
smurf45blueAmber0922msrarebreedlovesstormsJohnny_Tiggersuperkyle221CIASimtridgestorminmayainsRouensimsLeilaflori 11 votes
I expect Discover University to be the best of all the expansion packs so far!
8%
honeypooh1267tegteg87DJQ1308cchant86foxontherun7pinkparkaDeajkParmaViolet87HCSauShepardKiwicantdieJAYSIMMS2004AnastaciasgemLoveMcQueen5683ponygir44calipossjennlynhizecsonEdithVCaleSims 21 votes
I expect Discover University to be good, but not the best of anything.
50%
Akl500Pauroraael14CK213JeanKita5399IcewolfLaBlue0314djacquelynstewjeepjeepcatalexspoom13alan650111rudolphastarrling33bekidanacnbrettWritin_RegasimbsimSimQueenie9AnmirlaAlexize 132 votes
I honestly don't care.
12%
bshag4lvGoldmoldardavidp0418Paigeisin5Ceres_Meirionamjalletjcp011c2Ayeffensheronparrisorangehippogriffbenson2006Cynel1Lemon405adele_katDeKayEnkiSchmidtAquaGamer1212musteniSheepilingDestin2016 32 votes
I expect Discover University to be bad, but not the worst of anything.
14%
Peapond69qtnikkisillehbeeCamkatkeekee53scoedCAF84JerrelloHarukotyanls2177GracieO312bixtersMoonfoxNightcryAlbaWaterhouseTrashmagicSanriel85Sims4MagicalTalesChadSims2bizuktagEvaliyn 38 votes
I expect Discover University to be the worst of all the expansion packs so far!
1%
Colorist40candy8RnM92 3 votes
I expect Discover University to be the worst of all packs so far!
0%
KatmiGordon 1 vote
Other
8%
GalacticGalSamadamsPlayerstoryyBlkBarbiegalgwennyIsb917BloosmooThunderbat87babajayneelanorbretoninvisiblgirlfriendlysimmersMissyHissyiliekponiezChampandGirlieDanmanNefariusAPottsBMSOsilentcyborgSAEldarin 21 votes

Comments

• LaBlue0314LaBlue0314 Posts: 17,436 Member
    With what has been released so far, I've learned to lower my expectations and the same for this pack as well.
  • mandyssims93mandyssims93 Posts: 122 Member
    I don't have high expectations for this and probably won't buy it. I've been dissapointed too much.
  • Mariefoxprice83Mariefoxprice83 Posts: 8,106 Member
    LaBlue0314 wrote: »
    With what has been released so far, I've learned to lower my expectations and the same for this pack as well.

I feel the same. New packs are all super exciting when you first get them but after a while, they just become a routine part of gameplay.
    Better to reign in Hell, than serve in Heaven.
  • SimmyFroggySimmyFroggy Posts: 1,762 Member
    The big decider for me is that while I like the idea of the pack, it's not high on my wishlist for the game. So it's not going to feel like it's the best, no matter what.
  • rinre33rinre33 Posts: 697 Member

I don't think any pack will beat seasons for me personally, but am relatively optimistic at this point. That being said island living has put me off from buying packs for a while, I do hope the gameplay will be more fleshed out this time around. Fingers crossed :)
  • friendlysimmersfriendlysimmers Posts: 7,542 Member
    Other
    i expect like any other university ep that was in sims2 sims3 and now 4 to be a boring episode i am getting the ep mostly because of the addition of bicycles
    If you went the sims5 to remain offline feel free to sign this petition http://chng.it/gtfHPhHK please note that it is also to keep the gallery

Repose en paix mamie tu va me manquer :

1923-2016 mamie :'(
  • simgirl1010simgirl1010 Posts: 35,708 Member
    For me nothing will top Cats and Dogs. 🥰
  • jooxisjooxis Posts: 515 Member
    I expect it to be a bit better than Island Living and a bit worse than Get Together. I can't help keeping expectations low anymore.

But I do hope it's better than I expect.
  • JemmaTheSimmerJemmaTheSimmer Posts: 387 Member
    It could potentially be the best EP yet - though I wouldn't say I expect it to be. I'm trying to keep my expectations low. I really hope it is the best EP, as I love the gameplay and the looks of the world, it's totally my thing. Not sure if it will be able to top Get Together/Windenburg though.
  • Evilyn_1007Evilyn_1007 Posts: 761 Member
    I'm very excited for this pack. I having been wanting it for a while now. I expect to really like it. But I don't expect it to top my favorite packs (City living/Get Together).
  • GoldmoldarGoldmoldar Posts: 11,966 Member
    edited October 2019
    I honestly don't care.
    I chose do not care as for me Sims 4 for me cannot get beyond the stigma that was created since its inception and the excitement I once experienced with release of packs for Sims2 and 3 is not experienced today and it may be an combination of me outgrowing the Sims and past experiences with Sims 4, sure, I buy the packs but not full price as I would pay for sure for the previous versions of past Sims games but not for Sims 4 and I am an collector as well. Simming is not what it used to be sadly. :(
    Post edited by Goldmoldar on
    Omen by HP Intel®️ Core™️ i9- 12900K W/ RGB Liquid Cooler 32GB Nvidia RTX 3080 10Gb ASUS Ultra-Wide 34" Curved Monitor. Omen By HP Intel® Core™ i7-12800HX 32 GB Nvidia 3070 Ti 8 GB 17.3 Screen
  • Akl500PAkl500P Posts: 2,986 Member
    I don’t see seasons being topped for me but I am looking forward to this pack. I’ve always enjoyed the university additions to the game.
  • MondayMonday Posts: 385 Member
    I honestly don't care.
    I honestly don't care. I'd wager it'll be fine, fine enough, but I'm just overall not incredibly interested. I mean, I get why it's a major part of a life simulation. It's important for a full picture. But. Keg stands, toilet papering statues. Eh. I just don't care.

Also, everything a lot of people seem to be worried about...bunk beds, whether or not classes will be rabbit holes. I don't care. I hate bunk beds, are you kidding? I've spent hours of time in university trying to UN-bunk beds. I spent every lecture sitting in the back trying to avoid interacting with other students and the professors.

I've never felt better than every time I've ever graduated out of any type of school and left it behind for good. It's a personal thing.

I'm sure I'll get it at some point, because if the story for a sim involves going to school, then I want to make that happen, and I'm sure I'd have fun because I wouldn't play if I didn't have fun with it. But as to the details of this pack, good or bad? Don't care.

I mean, I won't care about anything else at this point unless it's official body hair, so.

I like the robots, though.

The best part of the trailer was seeing Erwin in it.
    a63ftuN.png
  • Kita5399Kita5399 Posts: 2,112 Member
    University was my favorite in both TS2&3, but I feel like a lot will be left out of this one. I’m sure I’ll like the pack, but I don’t see it being my favorite this time.
  • HCSauHCSau Posts: 506 Member
    I expect Discover University to be the best of all the expansion packs so far!
    My vote is only accurate when you replace 'expect' with 'hope'. I hope it is the best one so far. As far as expectations, I learned not to set any.
    HSau :)
  • Tenchi2aTenchi2a Posts: 105 Member
    I've come to the conclusion that EA has lost the plot with Sims 4.
    For the most part all expansions have been flash with no substance.
    Pretty, but completely unusable worlds. (Lots of fake lots)
    Badly designed core buildings.
    Interactions that become repetitive after one or two times. (had a pack that that was the whole pack (Strangerville))
    The need to use custom content to make the game engaging and fun.
    And EA not caring one bit.
  • ChampandGirlieChampandGirlie Posts: 2,482 Member
    Other
    I will form my opinion when I see more information. I liked StrangerVille and that got panned by a lot of people; I'm definitely still using that world and CAS/BB.

I agree that IL could have had more but had a great world. Del Sol Valley's world is too small. That said, I got both in a sale and I am enjoying working through the content.

I'll get more information. I like the careers that they are adding but I want to see more. I'll probably get it but I'll decide when. It will change my gameplay a bit since those going to university might age differently than those who don't. I'll obviously only send certain sims.

I do really hope that there are more than 4 majors and that we can see some classes in action. If there are only 4 majors one of which I am unlikely to use then I'll be waiting for a sale.
    Champ and Girlie are dogs.
  • Amj1995Amj1995 Posts: 4,068 Member
    I think the expansion pack will be a great addition to the collection, but I don’t think any add-on will be the best. Each has its own pros and cons. Any new gameplay, CAS, build items, or features makes an add-on good in my perspective.
  • FurSimsOfficialFurSimsOfficial Posts: 2,362 Member
    edited October 2019
    Wow would you look at those votes :D I knew it!

Things that I expect that I truly truly strongly dislike:

- Bikes only available in the new world
    - Bikes are only available for teens and up
    - Small world
    - No ability to build apartments/dorms once again
    - Minor effect on career paths and not rewarding enough
    - no overhaul on the career system. I wish sims would actually have to apply for a job that required skills, a diploma or course level
    - No online classes which would be insane in this time era and since TS4 tries to be modern and digital when it shouldn't
    - No general school overhaul
    - Still no reason to get or keep good grades as they won't matter for entering uni
    - No difference in the levels of certain studies. Medical school is different than becoming an engineer!
    - Rabbithole classes or meaningless classes
    - Very less game changing features and barely new gameplay
    - No bunkbeds? But maybe they are in the update before
    - No actual sports
    - Again mainly one-sim activities. No togetherness
    - Re-use of old features, animations to save time and money but then ask a fully fleshed out EP price

So this is what I fear. It is also based on previous experiences and Im sure many can agree on these fears. Hope that EA worked hard on this pack as I know this is a loooong time in the making and that they come back from terrible let-downs on packs lately.
  • jcp011c2jcp011c2 Posts: 10,859 Member
    I honestly don't care.
    I honestly don't care. I've never been big into the university phase of the game, having only sent 1-2 sims off in both sims 2 and 3. I buy most things for the build/buy and I'm loving a lot of what I'm seeing, but I AM salty about lack of bunk beds.
    It's kind of sad that I have to point out that anything I say is only just my opinion and may be a different one from someone else.
  • BabykittyjadeBabykittyjade Posts: 4,975 Member
    edited October 2019
    I'm pretty neutral. I expect to like this pack and fit it in with my gameplay as all the other packs. ROM is the only pack I can say TRUELY disappointed me. I'm just waiting for modders to mod it into the perfect highschool and I'll be set 😆
    There is no best pack for me because they all work together. I use something from everything.
    Zombies, oh please oh please give us zombies!! :'(
  • CeridwenCeridwen Posts: 228 Member
    I'm not overly fussed! Happy to have it in the collection, but wouldn't have been worried if it hadn't turned up. In each and every pack that's been released, I've always found something I've liked and enjoyed, and I figure this'll be the same. Of course, if it had the Sims 2's band capabilities implemented in some fashion (give me drum kit, bass and band, pls), then it would be quite awesome, but I'm not truly needing everything from the past to be put into TS4.

• elanorbretonelanorbreton Posts: 14,518 Member
    Other
    I'm not a big fan of uni packs and this looks very much like a repeat of sims 3 uni. I will enjoy the stuff it comes with to a degree but it's not a top ranker for me.
  • GalacticGalGalacticGal Posts: 28,294 Member
    Other
    I very much look forward to seeing just what this EP offers. I enjoyed Sims3 University, but it, too, grew old and monotonous, to the point where I would speed up the time just to get back to more fun stuff, such as the party my Sim was invited to attend. I'm also very curious to see what going to university will be like for those Sims who have attained or are in the midst of attaining celebrity in their desired line of work. What ages can go onto to university? I see there are various fun things included from Sims3 and I am happy about that. Without installing it and playing it for a bit, it's very hard for me to judge just where it will fall in the view of players' expectations. I will keep my mind open to what it offers. I was sadly disappointed in Island Paradise. But I love GF. So, at this moment it's a complete toss up. Just 23 more days to go. :)
    You can download (free) all three volumes of my Night Whispers Star Trek Fanfiction here: http://galacticgal.deviantart.com/gallery/ You'll need to have a pdf reader. New websites: http://www.trekkiefanfiction.com/st-tos.php
    http://www.getfreeebooks.com/star-trek-original-series-fan-fiction-trilogy/
  • SheepilingSheepiling Posts: 579 Member
    edited October 2019
    I honestly don't care.
    I'll only be buying this pack on sale for the robots. I don't care that much for the actual Uni gameplay. I'll send sims to Uni whenever I do get the pack and I'll probably have some fun with it, but it's really not a top priority pack for me. I'd be fine if Sims 4 never got a Uni pack.

I only care about occults and family game play at this point.