Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Sims 3 Happy Holidays Gift Exchange 2019 - Gifting is Done!

Comments

• Options
    LMC6255LMC6255 Posts: 940 Member
    @suzses!! The Chalet on Azure Lake makes me feel like I'm on a European vacation!! I love, love, love it! The exterior is dreamy, I love balconies and I also like that you chose scooters and bicycles for transportation.. I can imagine my Sims riding a scooter or bicycle and experiencing all the beauty of Aurora Skies as they travel!! The décor is fantastic, I love all the details you added! I was especially impressed with the picture of the chalet hanging in the dining room! Again I wish I was a Sim! :) Thank you Suzses for spoiling me all this week with all these amazing gifts!! <3
  • Options
    suzsessuzses Posts: 2,433 Member
    I'm so glad you like it, @LMC6255 I've had so much fun making your gifts. <3
    Ackney-upon-Sherne Collab on the forum here
    My Sims 3 Studio
    My forum builds thread
  • Options
    Mystik1978Mystik1978 Posts: 1,613 Member
    I am so far behind on comments! But, I am enjoying going through them. As a small note for myself – I left off at the end of page 31 - so these comments are for the earlier posts.

@ciane Your lego looking house is EPIC! I am blown away with the build work you put into this design. I love the modern feel to it that really makes the lego theme stand out. Great job! Rec’ed!

@Jessabeans Wow, look at the Spanish style house. I knew that was the style before I even looked at any of your details. You know it is a good build when it can stand up on its own without having to be told what type of build it is. Rec’ed!

@GraceyManor WOW! What an interesting build and based off a real-life location made it even cooler you know I had to run to google it! Rec’ed Ya! Your second gift is very well done, I loved reading about their road trip. Rec’ed as well!

@suzses Woooo, like your buddy I have not played much in Aurora Skies so I am excited to check out your goodies you made in my game, once I get everything updated and installed again. I of course rec’ed.
    @MiaSkywalker I love cats to and that cat pic makes me laugh a bit harder because my cat Lucky brought me a mouse this past summer and dropped the dead thing right in my lap. I squeeled and he looked at me pleased! I know he was just trying to feed me and it was a gift but sometimes you can’t help but react first.

@LMC6255 What a wonderful idea weaving in your stories with your sims and builds so your buddy can play out her stories, I love it! Ginger is a very pretty sim and her home is stunning! You know I am snagging this one! Rec’ed 😉

@Rflong7 OMG A Entire Christmas Village! I am not your buddy but I squeeled in delight when I seen it. What a wonderful gift! Rec’ed of course!

• Options
    edited December 2019
    @ADWilson Reporting in that the Chalet above was my last gift for LMC. I checked the gift listing up front and see your note about the treebuckhorn thing. That is weird, like it thinks the lot is an object instead of a lot. When I custard checked, I didn't see that since it was part of the lot listing itself and was white. There IS a buckhorn tree in the game, and I may have used it since it's a little bigger than the buckhorn shrubs, but who knows. I did put in the trees and shrubs at the back of the lot before I did anything else on the lot and saved it and quit. That's pretty backwards from what I would usually do, but whether it's related, I have no clue.
    My Sims 3 Studio
    My forum builds thread
  • Options
    GraceyManorGraceyManor Posts: 20,080 Member
    Hey everyone! Just caught up on bookmarking and saving and rec'd everything.Everyone has so much talent here!
    Its nice to see such a variety of builds and gifts.
  • Options
    @GraceyManor I am so glad you are all caught up, I still have a lot of catching up to do myself.. ;) BTW, if you want to get Katy Perry's Sweet Treats here is the link so you can order it in Amazon.. https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B007R698BW/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_asin_title_o00_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1
    There is only one left so I would order soon..

@Suzses how did it go with KPST, did the installation go well?

• Options
    edited December 2019
    LMC6255 wrote: »

I decided to respect Murphy (if anything can go wrong, etc.) and wait until the gift exchange is finished to install it. :D

My Sims 3 Studio
    My forum builds thread
  • Options
    GraceyManorGraceyManor Posts: 20,080 Member
    I appreciate that.:) Unfortunately, my laptop doesn't have a disk drive, so I can't run disks.:o
  • Options
    MiaSkywalkerMiaSkywalker Posts: 3,436 Member
    edited December 2019
    @Mmdrgntobldrgn : Kesses Family Farm has been checked and is CC free.

I love that you made a "later" version of the farm! It's gorgeous, and will go in just about any world. :)

@suzses : Oh no! Chalet on Azure Lake shows that it has CC. It is listed as "TreeBuckHorn". Check the trees on the lot, and re-upload it, please! And, although I haven't checked it yet, I'm going to guess that the holiday version has the same tree. You may want to check that as well, although I'll edit this after I check that too.

Edit: Yes, the holiday version is showing the identical piece of CC. Sorry! :(
  • Options
    suzses wrote: »
    LMC6255 wrote: »

I decided to respect Murphy (if anything can go wrong, etc.) and wait until the gift exchange is finished to install it. :D

@suzses I don't blame you, at least I know it arrive to home alright! I hope you enjoy it!! :)
  • Options
    MmdrgntobldrgnMmdrgntobldrgn Posts: 6,680 Member
    I appreciate that.:) Unfortunately, my laptop doesn't have a disk drive, so I can't run disks.:o

A simple cd/dvd drive that plugs in with a usb plug usually runs around $20 to 30.
    Peace, GranMama Dragon
    Exploring life through imagination & satire since 1969.
    Save Game Often
    repair & clear caches Often
    S3 Studio
    S3 blog Story, lists of empty lots by world
    Behrooz
    S2/3/4 Randomnes
  • Options
    edited December 2019
    @suzses : Oh no! Chalet on Azure Lake shows that it has CC. It is listed as "TreeBuckHorn". Check the trees on the lot, and re-upload it, please! And, although I haven't checked it yet, I'm going to guess that the holiday version has the same tree. You may want to check that as well, although I'll edit this after I check that too.

Edit: Yes, the holiday version is showing the identical piece of CC. Sorry! :([/quote]

Whatever it is that is causing that, it isn't cc. I had a fresh game folder and transferred nothing from any of my other game folders over. I also hadn't installed anything from the exchange or elsewhere in that folder since I made it (unless the Christmas Village is in there, but I know that's not a problem).

My Sims 3 Studio
    My forum builds thread
  • Options
    edited December 2019
    @ADWilson Reporting in that the Chalet above was my last gift for LMC. I checked the gift listing up front and see your note about the treebuckhorn thing. That is weird, like it thinks the lot is an object instead of a lot. When I custard checked, I didn't see that since it was part of the lot listing itself and was white. There IS a buckhorn tree in the game, and I may have used it since it's a little bigger than the buckhorn shrubs, but who knows. I did put in the trees and shrubs at the back of the lot before I did anything else on the lot and saved it and quit. That's pretty backwards from what I would usually do, but whether it's related, I have no clue.
    Actually, it's pretty common for the CC to be listed as the top line item on a lot or Sim, if it's the only piece of CC used. NO idea why it does that, but when it does, you unfortunately can't delete the item using Cleaner. (Which is supposed to be the point of Cleaner - removing CC you don't want added to the game.) Usually it lists them separately from the lot/sim itself, but not always.
  • Options
    edited December 2019
    Whatever it is that is causing that, it isn't cc. I had a fresh game folder and transferred nothing from any of my other game folders over. I also hadn't installed anything from the exchange or elsewhere in that folder since I made it (unless the Christmas Village is in there, but I know that's not a problem).
    I'm sorry, but it IS CC. Cleaner does that sometimes, and it DOES mean there's something installed.

Try removing (or renaming the extension of) any .dbc file in your dccache folder, and then going into the game and saving the lot again. Then I think you'll see that the item disappears.

Edit: I just wanted to add that I am really sorry about that. It's a truly beautiful lot, and I was drooling over it as soon as I saw it. And TWO versions of it is just awesome! So I am sincerely sorry that it has CC, because I really want to have this in my game as well! :bawling:
  • Options
    I'm sorry, but it IS CC. Cleaner does that sometimes, and it DOES mean there's something installed.

Try removing (or renaming the extension of) any .dbc file in your dccache folder, and then going into the game and saving the lot again. Then I think you'll see that the item disappears.

Edit: I just wanted to add that I am really sorry about that. It's a truly beautiful lot, and I was drooling over it as soon as I saw it. And TWO versions of it is just awesome! So I am sincerely sorry that it has CC, because I really want to have this in my game as well! :bawling:

@MiaSkywalker I have a copy in my general downloads file.. Can I keep it? or does Suzses have to upload a version without the tree?
  • Options
    @LMC6255 : That's up to you. But if you do install it, whatever CC is in the file will get installed into your game.

BUT! There's a way around it. If YOU rename the extension of any .dbc files in YOUR DCCache folder, THEN install the lot, THEN delete the .dbc file that gets created (and then rename your old .dbc file back), you'll prevent the install of the CC that's included.

It really looks like it's just a bush or tree, so I don't think it's going to make a huge difference in the appearance of the build. The game MIGHT replace it with something else, but it also just might not put anything there. It's really hard to say.
  • Options
    edited December 2019
    @MiaSkywalker I heard from a friend (builder) here on forum who said either paintings or photos sometimes show up this way in Custard. I have several taken-in-game photos in the build. I will check for anything dbc, though, and see what I find.

Edited to add: Thanks for doing your job :) I don't want you to think I'm upset, I'm just frustrated.
    My Sims 3 Studio
    My forum builds thread
  • Options
    @MiaSkywalker I heard from a friend (builder) here on forum who said either paintings or photos sometimes show up this way in Custard. I have several taken-in-game photos in the build. I will check for anything dbc, though, and see what I find.
    Could be. I, personally, will never install anything that shows up with the first line item appearing to be CC, even if I'm told that it's a painting or a photo. If it's a second or third line item, I can use Cleaner to remove it, and then sometimes I will install the build after that, if I like it enough. But when it's the first line item, I feel that I can't trust it, and I won't install that build.

Even though the builder may THINK it's just a painting or photo, I can never really feel secure about it, and I only want to install CC into my game that I'm aware of. (And I *never* install CC from Sims3pack files, only .package files, which don't show up in Cleaner because they don't transfer.)

That's just me, and I am known for being paranoid. :) (Just because you're paranoid doesn't mean that no one is out to get you. ;) )

• Options
    ADWilsonADWilson Posts: 6,755 Member
    Could be. I, personally, will never install anything that shows up with the first line item appearing to be CC, even if I'm told that it's a painting or a photo. If it's a second or third line item, I can use Cleaner to remove it, and then sometimes I will install the build after that, if I like it enough. But when it's the first line item, I feel that I can't trust it, and I won't install that build.

Even though the builder may THINK it's just a painting or photo, I can never really feel secure about it, and I only want to install CC into my game that I'm aware of. (And I *never* install CC from Sims3pack files, only .package files, which don't show up in Cleaner because they don't transfer.)

That's just me, and I am known for being paranoid. :) (Just because you're paranoid doesn't mean that no one is out to get you. ;) )

Yes. Sim created photographs sometimes show up as CC.
    One of the treehouses (I can't recall which one) also shows up as CC.

My thing is, I installed both of them one-at-a-time and checked the installed content tab of the launcher and in both instances the only thing installed is the lot itself. This leads me to believe that it is a painting or photograph (I am leaning toward a photo) that is the "culprit". I immediately uninstalled each one as soon as I checked so I did not step into game and look at either.

In prior gift exchanges when tanubanue was around, we just let people be aware & decide if they want it in their game or not since it didn't actually install anything. She was more concerned about cc that would install than when custard coded something and there wasn't anything else. Hope this makes sense.

Would you please go in game and check to see if there are any paintings or photos of a buckhorn tree and remove them, then share the newer lot to launcher so you can email the file to me. Also the "questionable" item on its own. I can check both and see if this is the case. For now, just do one of the lots. Once we figure out which item it is, then you can upload both lots to your studio.

Shame about needing to do the extra work.
  • Options

Edited to add: Thanks for doing your job :) I don't want you to think I'm upset, I'm just frustrated.
    Oh, I totally get that! I think the first gift exchange I was in, one of my builds had CC. I could not figure out what item in the build was the CC, so I just deleted every object (EVERY object that wasn't a build item), and then redecorated everything from scratch. Fortunately it wasn't a huge build, but I felt very frustrated when I was deleting just a few objects at a time and I couldn't narrow it down.

It's a PiTA, especially if you have been scrupulously trying to keep your game CC free, and then something sneaks in on you.

But! In your case it's probably a bush or tree, and that SHOULD be easy enough to track. (I think mine had some weird name that made no sense, which is why I had to try various random objects.)

Oh! One time a build of mine I had inadvertently used the plant unlocks on MTS for things like burgers and cheese. I didn't realize that counted as CC, so even though I had those as package files, they DID show up as CC in my build. (Probably because they were unlocks, and the unlocks themselves were considered CC. I don't know, and still don't entirely understand it. :) )
  • Options
    ADWilson wrote: »
    My thing is, I installed both of them one-at-a-time and checked the installed content tab of the launcher and in both instances the only thing installed is the lot itself. This leads me to believe that it is a painting or photograph (I am leaning toward a photo) that is the "culprit". I immediately uninstalled each one as soon as I checked so I did not step into game and look at either.
    Ahh! I may try that myself, see if it creates a brand new .dbc file after I install it. If it doesn't, then you're right - it's clean even if it says it isn't.
  • Options
    Ahh! I may try that myself, see if it creates a brand new .dbc file after I install it. If it doesn't, then you're right - it's clean even if it says it isn't.

Yes, please. Do that and let us know what you find out.
  • Options
    cianeciane Posts: 16,996 Member
    edited December 2019
    @Mmdrgntobldrgn - Wow! Loved your story! That is a great looking home. Lars did himself proud!

@suzses - What a lovely home - both versions. I grabbed one and have it nestled in my bag for a long winter's night. :wink:

@Rflong7 - So sorry you are having problems with the site, but very happy you've been enjoying your gifts. There are three days left and three more gifts to go. Hopefully Santa will find you where ever you are!
  • Options
    @Mmdrgntobldrgn
    Such pretty curb appeal and the exterior colors are very appealing! The interior looks terrific too and the story really pulled it all together. I kept looking around to see if the Sims were in any of the screenshots, they felt that real to me.
  • Options
    Yes, please. Do that and let us know what you find out.
    All right, my install was one that had no .dbc file (I had renamed the one I had, because I had been planning to make a build, but never had the chance), so I installed the two lots... and ended up with a 21k .dbc file. So there's SOMETHING in it that's getting installed into my game. Whether it's a photo or something else... I couldn't say. I, personally, never have my Sims do custom photos or paintings (I always sell photos, and I just do the game created paintings and sell them), so I have no idea how the game handles those.

I think... you should check your plants. Just to make sure. :)

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file
Return to top