Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Storage

Is there anything that can store all the flowers, herbs and insects my sim has collected? I have so many in her inventory and around the house it’s becoming a bit much. Is there a cupboard I can put them in? I am even willing to use a CC one if there isn’t an option, but it has to be magic/ROM themed to match the rest lol. Or just a nice wood brown.

Thanks

—T

Comments

• Options
    SimmervilleSimmerville Posts: 11,674 Member
    Not that I know of. I normally avoid having all collections in the same household.

You could build a museum on a generic lot (generic means no other sims will visit), or build a "vacation home" where you could put most of the collection, if the goal is to tidy up at home :)
    Simmerville on Youtube | My blog is updated weekly: Simmerville's Sims<br>a.jpg
  • Options
    MovottiMovotti Posts: 7,774 Member
    A herb drying rack would be a nice addition.

image-asset.jpeg
    AmusingExhaustedArchaeopteryx-max-1mb.gif
  • Options
    DeKayDeKay Posts: 81,602 Member
    Isn't there a treasure chest type thing that they added? I believe it was from a free patch or something like that... Or it was for some special event. Can't remember. But I used to use it.
    My Top Song of the Day: Innocence by Avril Lavigne
    x3vZicL.gif
  • Options
    Mariefoxprice83Mariefoxprice83 Posts: 8,109 Member
    DeKay wrote: »
    Isn't there a treasure chest type thing that they added? I believe it was from a free patch or something like that... Or it was for some special event. Can't remember. But I used to use it.

If it's the one I'm thinking of it came with Jungle Adventure.
    Better to reign in Hell, than serve in Heaven.
  • Options
    CaprianaBCaprianaB Posts: 511 Member
    Not that I know of. I normally avoid having all collections in the same household.

You could build a museum on a generic lot (generic means no other sims will visit), or build a "vacation home" where you could put most of the collection, if the goal is to tidy up at home :)

I've been thinking of doing something with my collections too. The vacation home idea sounds like a good idea, but can a Sim own two houses?
  • Options
    SimmyFroggySimmyFroggy Posts: 1,762 Member
    edited September 2019
    If you have Seasons, flowers can be stored in the Flower Arranging table.
    No idea about herbs (I just keep them in the fridge but then I don't know if that works for the OR ones) or insects.
  • Options
    xbecky685xxbecky685x Posts: 323 Member
    There are some chests you can use. They are found under storage, misc category. Ive been using one for my spellcaster sim to keep her ingredients in. Im not sure how much it can hold though.
    Gallery xbecky685x
  • Options
    To7mTo7m Posts: 5,467 Member
    You guys are awesome, will check the chests.

Thanks all!

—T
  • Options
    GalacticGalGalacticGal Posts: 28,570 Member
    To7m wrote: »
    Is there anything that can store all the flowers, herbs and insects my sim has collected? I have so many in her inventory and around the house it’s becoming a bit much. Is there a cupboard I can put them in? I am even willing to use a CC one if there isn’t an option, but it has to be magic/ROM themed to match the rest lol. Or just a nice wood brown.

Thanks

—T

I used to use the trunk when I was playing my Pinstar Legacy Challenge. That can help condense the storage issue. Or, and this just occurred to me as I'm typing this response, you could add a basement and stash the stuff in there. Just a thought, even if only half-baked.
    You can download (free) all three volumes of my Night Whispers Star Trek Fanfiction here: http://galacticgal.deviantart.com/gallery/ You'll need to have a pdf reader. New websites: http://www.trekkiefanfiction.com/st-tos.php
    http://www.getfreeebooks.com/star-trek-original-series-fan-fiction-trilogy/
  • Options
    SimmervilleSimmerville Posts: 11,674 Member
    CaprianaB wrote: »

I've been thinking of doing something with my collections too. The vacation home idea sounds like a good idea, but can a Sim own two houses?

The game will not know that it is your sim's vacation home. You can either build a generic lot and pretend your sim owns it. Other sims will not visit. Or you can build a business lot (GTW) that your sim buys, and you can lock of the sections with your collections, or avoid opening the business unless you like others to see your collection.
    Simmerville on Youtube | My blog is updated weekly: Simmerville's Sims<br>a.jpg
  • Options
    To7mTo7m Posts: 5,467 Member
    The chests are a god send. You can literally just stick everything in it.

More storage! Yay!

—T
  • Options
    DeKayDeKay Posts: 81,602 Member

Nope, it's been in the game before JA. At least, that's my fav storage chest. Let me see if I can find it. XD

Ah, it's for the Trick or Treat event we had in 2015.
    My Top Song of the Day: Innocence by Avril Lavigne
    x3vZicL.gif
  • Options
    CelSimsCelSims Posts: 2,270 Member
    To7m wrote: »

Thanks

—T

There is a chest to store such things. Type 'Buyer Beware' in build/buy mode search box.
  • Options
    Mariefoxprice83Mariefoxprice83 Posts: 8,109 Member

Nope, it's been in the game before JA. At least, that's my fav storage chest. Let me see if I can find it. XD

Ah, it's for the Trick or Treat event we had in 2015.

Ah, I think I missed that.
    Better to reign in Hell, than serve in Heaven.