Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Do you get over taken with witches ?.

My Sims are dealing with a flood of vampires so the house looks like a garlic factory. If I drop the $20 will witches also be running a muck ?. Thank you.

Comments

• Options
    WolfNateWolfNate Posts: 2,340 Member
    Yes been mentioned a lot of places even on the official info thread on this very forum that casters will never use magic unless in the Realm of Magic thus you'll never know unless duel is an available option.
    Occultism in Sims is family-friendly and should not be watered down to cater to realism players
  • Options
    halloweenchildhalloweenchild Posts: 1,534 Member
    edited September 2019
    Unless you go out of your way to live in Glimmerbrooke or befriend any Spellcasters you shouldn't be overrun with them. However, they are like the rest of the townies, so be prepared for random passersby and visits.
    Edit: There also seems to be a glitch or game oversight where the premade townies will randomly become Spellcasters, just an FYI.
    Give our Vampires back their fangs!!! Reverse the Nerf!!! Occult simmers should not be shoved aside for the "realism players"! It's time Occult lovers/players started to demand equal treatment. #JusticeForOccults
  • Options
    Bluebeard45Bluebeard45 Posts: 3,889 Member
    Thank you folks. Well here goes nothing.
  • Options
    MasonGamerMasonGamer Posts: 8,851 Member
    I live in Glimmerbrook, my sims are spell casters but I haven’t encountered other NPC or townie spellcasters, except all three sages came to my sims when they were in Windenburg, they had a conversation with my sims who were ready Virtuous Spell casters, in their own right. I made sure my sims were not to be intimidated or threatened by them, I had my dark sorcerer/older brother threaten them if they dare get in their creator’s (my) way. My Sorcerers will destroy them and their successors and make sure that vortex destroys their beloved Realm if it is the last thing I do.

Haha, but no, i’ve Played for about 4 Sim days so far with magic and my save hasn’t been overridden with spell casters

There are a couple of glitches where my spell books i’ve Collected, the game is calling them “pear tree” and other plants i’ve Collected and their info. And when I search items in buy mode, it says “Text Edit” in place of the items that come up.
    Realm of Magic:

My Mood:

tumblr_nlbf3b0Jyb1qkheaxo5_250.gif
  • Options
    telemwilltelemwill Posts: 1,752 Member
    The only Sim I've seen do magic in the muggle world so far is my own Spellcaster. I have Zerbu's Go to School mod and she used repairio on a computer there. Gemma Charm was one of the other students, and she did no magic. It was fun to see the reaction of the other teens. It wasn't negative, but surprised and confused. So I don't think you will see it unless you make it happen.
  • Options
    MaggieMarleyMaggieMarley Posts: 5,299 Member
    MasonGamer wrote: »
    I live in Glimmerbrook, my sims are spell casters but I haven’t encountered other NPC or townie spellcasters, except all three sages came to my sims when they were in Windenburg, they had a conversation with my sims who were ready Virtuous Spell casters, in their own right. I made sure my sims were not to be intimidated or threatened by them, I had my dark sorcerer/older brother threaten them if they dare get in their creator’s (my) way. My Sorcerers will destroy them and their successors and make sure that vortex destroys their beloved Realm if it is the last thing I do.

Haha, but no, i’ve Played for about 4 Sim days so far with magic and my save hasn’t been overridden with spell casters

There are a couple of glitches where my spell books i’ve Collected, the game is calling them “pear tree” and other plants i’ve Collected and their info. And when I search items in buy mode, it says “Text Edit” in place of the items that come up.
    @MasonGamer I’m not sure this is a ROM glitch specifically. I had an issue recently (though before the last patch) where my game was calling collectibles from JA “plasma fruit tree”. I was able to fix it by repairing the game and clearing my cache.
  • Options
    MasonGamerMasonGamer Posts: 8,851 Member

@MasonGamer I’m not sure this is a ROM glitch specifically. I had an issue recently (though before the last patch) where my game was calling collectibles from JA “plasma fruit tree”. I was able to fix it by repairing the game and clearing my cache.

Oh, I never noticed it until after I downloaded ROM, but I will give it a try thanks.
    Realm of Magic:

My Mood:

tumblr_nlbf3b0Jyb1qkheaxo5_250.gif