Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Unpopular Opinions (The Sims 3)

1101112131416...Next

Comments

• Options
    MrManyIdeasMrManyIdeas Posts: 203 Member
    Is it only me who thinks that there is waaaay to little winter/cold weather clothing in TS3? In the other seasons there always something for them to wear but I have trouble finding anything to dress them in when it's cold. It's OK if the clothes looks old fashioned but not THAT old. Many of the items also have some sort of a theme to them and that's not the style for my sims...
  • Options
    ts1depotts1depot Posts: 1,438 Member
    Is it only me who thinks that there is waaaay to little winter/cold weather clothing in TS3? In the other seasons there always something for them to wear but I have trouble finding anything to dress them in when it's cold. It's OK if the clothes looks old fashioned but not THAT old. Many of the items also have some sort of a theme to them and that's not the style for my sims...

You get more outfits with University, but yes...I always found this very frustrating.
    EiFlric.png
  • Options
    Vails wrote: »
    Bridgeport is such a snoozefest and it's the absolute lowest point of the Late Night expansion pack. Nothing about reminds me of the hussle and bustle of a real city like Chicago or NYC. Half of the time it just feels like Sunset Valley but with skyscraper rabbit holes. Not to mention it has such a low population of sims for a world that's meant to represent a crowed city. I wish I could mod it out of my game, lol.

Yup. This is why I started building my own worlds.

To add to your comments, I really disliked the dingy, gloomy look to Bridgeport, as well as the lack of different types of apartment shells. I always felt as though there should've been at least three more styles of buildings, especially a glassy one. I don't understand why they never included one in the style of the Seagram's building in NYC:

fbc8fd7d370993dd49f3331d2a689f6c.jpg

EiFlric.png
  • Options
    edited May 2023
    I don't know if this is an unpopular opinion or not, but I found World Adventures underwhelming because IMO, there should've been another two or three worlds to explore. Having just three felt like the EP was incomplete, and the fact that it clearly was inspired by Tomb Raider but didn't have a super exotic location (like Meso-America) just made the entire thing register a "meh" because it seemed like a missed opportunity.

Don't get me wrong: I love the objects and everything, but I couldn't get past what could've been. I can't help wonder if Monte Vista had meant to be included and was cut out or maybe because someone behind the scenes felt the same way (about what should've been included) and had Monte Vista built to make up for it.
    EiFlric.png
  • Options
    emorrillemorrill Posts: 8,121 Member

@MrManyIdeas ^You're definitely not the only one. I've been thinking it for years... I'm always on the hunt for more winter clothing cc. 👍🏻

I don't know if this is an unpopular opinion or not, but I found World Adventures underwhelming because IMO, there should've been another two or three worlds to explore. Having just three felt like the EP was incomplete...

@ts1depot ^I can understand. Bon Voyage from Sims 2 was more underwhelming in my opinion... :confused: TS3's WA EP actually rocked it for me. :star: I wish I had bought it much sooner than I did, but I didn't at release because I feared it would be too similar to Bon Voyage and didn't want to waste my money. :lol: But boy was I surprised when I found out otherwise. :p
    52607642900_bbbac3a314_c.jpg
  • Options
    Coconut27Coconut27 Posts: 860 Member
    Idk if this is unpopular, but I love small custom worlds. They give a sense of community and small town vibes (and less time traveling around is always a plus). Like I love having 2-3 small neighborhood clusters in a world, and then like one shopping district with all the rabbit holes and a couple of community lots for all needs such as 1 arcade, 1 dive bar, 1 beach, and 1 or 2 parks.
  • Options
    BlueSpaarkleBlueSpaarkle Posts: 92 Member

exactly my thoughts. seasons is the best expansion ever but it's the absolute worst when it comes to CAS items it comes with. even with all the other EPS, SPs and store content installed, there's still very little options for outerwear (if you're not playing with CC like me). they put close to zero effort into that clothing category.
    My Sims 3 Page: BlueSpaarkle
    ✿ Owning TS3 Store since June 2018✿
  • Options
    GraceyManorGraceyManor Posts: 20,080 Member
    @face
    face wrote: »
    > @Vails said:
    > Bridgeport is such a snoozefest and it's the absolute lowest point of the Late Night expansion pack. Nothing about reminds me of the hussle and bustle of a real city like Chicago or NYC. Half of the time it just feels like Sunset Valley but with skyscraper rabbit holes. Not to mention it has such a low population of sims for a world that's meant to represent a crowed city. I wish I could mod it out of my game, lol.
    >
    > Also, I don't enjoy World Adventures one bit. Went on a trip to France one time with a sim, and that was enough for me indefinitely. Did not enjoy the mechanics one bit, and I only keep it installed on my hard-drive because of the radio stations. If WA was more like Bon Voyage from TS2 it would be infinitely more enjoyable and have more replay factor for me, personally.

Playing in Bridgeport gives me the exact same impression as when the characters from The Walking Dead hit a big city that used to vibrate with life and is now dead and post-apocalyptic.

Are you against using mods? If not you could use travel mod to travel to anyone world you have installed and have an actual vacation that way instead of "adventure" driven trips
  • Options
    jaletu2005jaletu2005 Posts: 688 Member
    edited June 2023
    I always liked Bridgeport but it's not teaming with life. I love the bars and subways and the fact that the courthouse has pigeons.

Don't ever try playing the Ghost Hunter career in that world. Totally unplayable as most of the ghosts get lost in the walls of the buildings!

World Adventures is one of my favorite EPs. I love the adventures and STILL haven't done them all. My favorite world is Simsahara. Love the desert and all the pyramids and ruins.
    Screenshot-5.jpg

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file
Return to top