Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Unpopular Opinions (The Sims 3)

Comments

• texxx78texxx78 Posts: 5,657 Member
    davina1221 wrote: »
    I may have the most unpopular opinion. I actually liked the Katy Perry Sweet Treats. The play ground equipment is nice. The decor, game, and cake dome makes a perfect sweets hangout or bakery type. The pool stuff adds to a pool lot. Two of my favorites is a fancy dress that is gorgeous in silver. I use it often. I also love hearing the TGIF song on the Sims radio. Sometimes, I find it on purpose and listen to it many times.

I don't have that pack but it's on my to get list. It has some items that can make a beautiful girl bedroom.
  • ZeiZei Posts: 254 Member
    Unpopular opinion: I don't like the Stylist profession and never use the Stylist station / tattoo station in my games! I feel like I can always use Nraas/Stylist on my sims and apply the changes I need. What encourages you to use the Stylist profession, or any profession at al for that matter?
  • carlystur03carlystur03 Posts: 435 Member
    @Zei Yeah, I'm with you on that one. I don't play the Stylist career. I tried it once with a premade sim, but that was years ago and I got bored with it.
  • KevinL5275KevinL5275 Posts: 2,489 Member
    Zei wrote: »
    Unpopular opinion: I don't like the Stylist profession and never use the Stylist station / tattoo station in my games! I feel like I can always use Nraas/Stylist on my sims and apply the changes I need. What encourages you to use the Stylist profession, or any profession at all for that matter?

I like playing dress-up with my sims, making their outfits more exciting, rather than just normally bland. (shrug)
    I'm a 48 year old married man, with a beautiful wife, a cat, and a simverted personality.My Sims 3 Pictures
  • Nikkei_SimmerNikkei_Simmer Posts: 9,427 Member
    edited April 2020
    Unpopular Opinion 😈 I like playing with Sunset Valley premades.

Especially this one.
    Screenshot-5.jpg

Of course by the time I get finished tweaking her she ends up looking like this. (As a young adult)
    River_portrait.jpg
    GYZ6Ak9.png
    Always "River McIrish" ...and maybe some Bebe Hart. ~innocent expression~
  • mw1525mw1525 Posts: 1,215 Member
    I like playing with the pre-made Sims in all worlds as well (after I get them sorted and onto a sensible track). In my opinion, townies are very often overlooked in terms of the value they can add to game play.
  • budewarminbudewarmin Posts: 371 Member
    edited April 2020
    Don't know if somebody mentioned it before, but here it goes: I really dislike using big lots, even if I play a legacy. Anything over 30x30 or 40x40 is a no no. Only exceptions are lots like The Boardwalk, main park and festival lot.
  • ZeiZei Posts: 254 Member
    @budewarmin Me too!! I feel like I'm making my game lag for no reason when playing on big lots. I usually demolish all 64x64 lots and replace them with several smaller lots. I also dislike festival lots because they spawn so many homeless NPCs..
  • EvaKoukEvaKouk Posts: 340 Member
    Hey everyone! This is such an interesting thread to read! I guess some people already mentioned this here and there but my unpopular opinion is that I don't really care about what's happening in my town whatsoever...I do make my sims go out and about for their jobs, several opportunities/challenges etc. but I don't really care about meeting the townies, interfering to their storylines or even going out to have fun all that much...I mean there are so many fun community lots but I don't get to use them nearly as much as I should...maybe I'm just too bored, maybe I like playing in the houses I build a bit too much but most of my sims end up having that ''going crazy/staying too much at home'' moodlet and that's when I decide it's time for them to go out and about in the town! Also, this doesn't make any sense for me personally cause in real life I'm not a homebody at all, so I guess it's a whole different story with my sims gameplay! Anyway, Ι'm babbling again, happy simming to all of you! :)
    Hey! Don't be a stranger!

My Page - My Studio - My Massive Thank You Thread

All the love as always! x
  • TurjanTurjan Posts: 1,717 Member
    edited April 2020
    budewarmin wrote: »
    Don't know if somebody mentioned it before, but here it goes: I really dislike using big lots, even if I play a legacy. Anything over 30x30 or 40x40 is a no no. Only exceptions are lots like The Boardwalk, main park and festival lot.
    True. Sims spend too much time walking around on big lots. Also, over at NRaas Industries, I was told that, the larger the lot, the quicker it deteriorates and collects issues.
  • jillbgjillbg Posts: 4,600 Member
    Unpopular opinion : I just love playing ugly sims - Juan Darer, Lucky Perkins, the Grisby's... They are a challenge and I'm getting quite attached to them, forgetting about the beautiful ones wandering about!
    NymlADp.jpg
  • MagnezoneMagnezone Posts: 212 Member
    Zei wrote: »
    Unpopular opinion: I don't like the Stylist profession and never use the Stylist station / tattoo station in my games! I feel like I can always use Nraas/Stylist on my sims and apply the changes I need. What encourages you to use the Stylist profession, or any profession at al for that matter?
    I dislike it AND the interior design career. I find them sooo repetitive.
    Unpopular Opinion 😈 I like playing with Sunset Valley premades.
    Same. I've played premades since TS2. I didn't play them in TS1 because I was super young and didn't see the appeal. I don't play them in TS4 as they're boring and no different to a sim I could make myself - no personality or charm.

My fave TS3 premades are The Bunch family and The Curious family. I also like the Roomies.
    budewarmin wrote: »
    Idk how people can even fill up 64x64 lots even with 8 sim households.There'd be so much dead space. They're only really good for commercial lots and even then, I still don't know how you'd fill them.

My blog full of things that never get finished!
    XVlamuQ.png
    Magnezone, the lover of Calientes, Lotharios, Landgraabs and Curiouses everywhere.
  • MagnezoneMagnezone Posts: 212 Member
    edited April 2020
    accidental double post, sorry

My blog full of things that never get finished!
    XVlamuQ.png
    Magnezone, the lover of Calientes, Lotharios, Landgraabs and Curiouses everywhere.
  • PuddinroyPuddinroy Posts: 4,451 Member
    My unpopular opinion: I miss Bella Göth. 🤪
    :) Smile!

@budewarmin; @Magnezone. 😈 50x50 and 64x64 are pretty much all I play with.

Screenshot-22.jpg

Screenshot.jpg

Screenshot-3.jpg
    GYZ6Ak9.png
  • mw1525mw1525 Posts: 1,215 Member
    I do a fair amount of building in this game and, I can understand how some may find larger lots to be daunting. While I think they are more suited for community lot use, I also have found them to be perfect for creating multi-residential 'gated community' type lots. Unless I'm building a mansion for the Governors of my worlds, I don't use these lots for single households.
  • KevinL5275KevinL5275 Posts: 2,489 Member
    @Nikkei_Simmer
    I still love that little beach area in your backyard. Your sims need large lots to hold all their stuff you buy them. :D
    I'm a 48 year old married man, with a beautiful wife, a cat, and a simverted personality.My Sims 3 Pictures
  • OugonmusouOugonmusou Posts: 33 Member
    My unpopular opinion for this game would be that I personally hate fairies. While most people love them, I got sick of them really fast back when the Supernatural expansion pack was first released in 2011. They age far too slowly and their abilities are too to be useful. They're just the inferior version of witches with less versatility and wings. While I don't always play with occult Sims but they can be pretty fun if I wanted to spice up my gameplay just a little bit to keep things interesting like playing an urban fantasy Bridgeport. I can use witches, vampires and werewolves easily since they fit in the setting very well but fairies just don't fit at all. Just my two cents.
    I am just a simple Sims 2 lore addict
    Their abilities are far too niche*

(Sorry for the double post, I can't edit my posts yet)
    @KevinL5275, I know, I spoil the hell out of my sims. 🤣
    GYZ6Ak9.png
  • InfraGreenInfraGreen Posts: 6,693 Member
    Ougonmusou wrote: »
    My unpopular opinion for this game would be that I personally hate fairies. While most people love them, I got sick of them really fast back when the Supernatural expansion pack was first released in 2011. They age far too slowly and their abilities are too to be useful. They're just the inferior version of witches with less versatility and wings. While I don't always play with occult Sims but they can be pretty fun if I wanted to spice up my gameplay just a little bit to keep things interesting like playing an urban fantasy Bridgeport. I can use witches, vampires and werewolves easily since they fit in the setting very well but fairies just don't fit at all. Just my two cents.

I use fairies only as a way to keep people I want alive for longer without them starving to death like every vampire seems to. They do have boosted gardening abilities but I aced that skill ages ago anyways!
    A thousand bared teeth, a thousand bowed heads

outrun / blog / tunglr
    I find fairies are useful...
    Screenshot-25.jpg

...to scare...
    Screenshot-26.jpg
    GYZ6Ak9.png
    edited April 2020
    Oh another unpopular opinion I'd like to add is that I greatly dislike the attraction system for this game. I don't quite like it when nearly almost everyone my sim meets is attracted to them. I kind of prefer the attraction system in the Sims 2 a lot better since you could actually be repulsed by another sim and I would have to work harder to have them paired up. Having everyone just be attracted to my sim all the times got annoying and old real fast if everyone reacts that way every time I try to make new friends.
  • emorrillemorrill Posts: 8,121 Member
    Ougonmusou wrote: »
    Oh another unpopular opinion I'd like to add is that I greatly dislike the attraction system for this game. I don't quite like it when nearly almost everyone my sim meets is attracted to them. I kind of prefer the attraction system in the Sims 2 a lot better since you could actually be repulsed by another sim and I would have to work harder to have them paired up. Having everyone just be attracted to my sim all the times got annoying and old real fast if everyone reacts that way every time I try to make new friends.

^I'm with you on this completely @Ougonmusou 👍
    52607642900_bbbac3a314_c.jpg
  • PlayerSinger2010PlayerSinger2010 Posts: 3,267 Member
    I don't like being stuck in the same world. I'd much rather have it be like Sims 4 where you can visit any world you want without erasing current relationships.

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file
Return to top