Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Unpopular Opinions (The Sims 3)

Comments

• VaChuVaChu Posts: 37 Member
    > @Kelvin said:
    > I honestly enjoy creating male sims more than female sims and spend more time making them, too

We are the opposite, i like creating female more than male, so my town is always gender imbalance and always giving birth of baby boy
  • SeashoreLiviaSeashoreLivia Posts: 833 Member
    edited June 2021
    never mind
    Post edited by SeashoreLivia on
  • mw1525mw1525 Posts: 1,215 Member
    I actually like the toddlers in the Sims 3. I don't find them boring at all. I can't compare them to the Sims 4 toddlers because I have never touched that game (not even in demo). I personally find the Sims 4 to be lacking in all things but especially in imagination so it's not something which will ever interest me.

Still, even without the ability to climb stairs or do the other host of things TS4 toddlers can do, TS3's toddlers are still engaging and fun; it's all in how you play them. Plus, when they age up they become better developed simulations which have definite signs of emerging personalities which can be built upon.
  • VaChuVaChu Posts: 37 Member
    > @mw1525 said:
    > I actually like the toddlers in the Sims 3. I don't find them boring at all. I can't compare them to the Sims 4 toddlers because I have never touched that game (not even in demo). I personally find the Sims 4 to be lacking in all things but especially in imagination so it's not something which will ever interest me.
    >
    > Still, even without the ability to climb stairs or do the other host of things TS4 toddlers can do, TS3's toddlers are still engaging and fun; it's all in how you play them. Plus, when they age up they become better developed simulations which have definite signs of emerging personalities which can be built upon.

Yes yes!! Sims 3 toddlers are so fun to play with, I really love the interaction between adults and toddlers, if you don’t mind playing with mods, there’s even more interaction you can add into the game and I really love the one that the toddler are able to hug the adult leg and the adult are able to hug them back!

My adult childish sim can even make silly face on them too, that is so heart warming and always makes me smile when I see them doing it. Oh and I would like to mention there’s a mod from MTS had unlock the ability to climb stairs and they’re able to feed themselves too, that would be a big help if your sim is busy with something else.
  • OnverserOnverser Posts: 3,364 Member
    Very unpopular one but my favorite packs in the Sims 3 are the "least popular" packs and my least favorite packs are the "fan favorite packs"

My favorite packs are Into The Future, Island Paradise, Showtime, World Adventures and Ambitions in that order, and my least favorite packs are Generations (only expansion I haven't bought and have zero interest in) and Seasons...
  • izecsonizecson Posts: 2,875 Member
    Sims 3 sims default faces is fine. i like pudding
    ihavemultiplegamertags
    @izecson - Me, too!
  • Nikkei_SimmerNikkei_Simmer Posts: 9,426 Member
    Poor River... ~pudding~ to say the least.
    River_McIrish.png

I tend to prefer my own...
    Screenshot-165.jpg

GYZ6Ak9.png
    Always "River McIrish" ...and maybe some Bebe Hart. ~innocent expression~
  • AnthonydyerAnthonydyer Posts: 1,197 Member
    edited July 2021
    izecson wrote: »

@izecson I never understood the dissatisfaction with the character style in Sims 3. I think it is ok. Sure, some features can be a bit off such as hairstyles and facial hair.
  • izecsonizecson Posts: 2,875 Member
    izecson wrote: »

@izecson I never understood the dissatisfaction with the character style in Sims 3. I think it is ok. Sure, some features can be a bit off such as hairstyles and facial hair.

Not all gender though, i find majority of male hairstyles in sims 3 to be more pleasing in the eye than the female one, but it's the opposite for sims 4. but I do agree about facial hair, it could use a bit more variation.
    ihavemultiplegamertags
    I don't like lighting mods in this game or reshade, they always look so pretty in other people's screenshots but they've always just looked off in my game
  • GraceyManorGraceyManor Posts: 20,080 Member
    Onverser wrote: »
    I don't like lighting mods in this game or reshade, they always look so pretty in other people's screenshots but they've always just looked off in my game

I feel the same way.
  • jaletu2005jaletu2005 Posts: 688 Member
    I find my sims look great in CAS but not as pretty in game. I guess I need to tweak them more.

Oddly enough, though, I find that sim hair looks better in the game than it does in CAS! And the clothes are really misleading. Outfits that I just don't like in CAS I've tried recoloring and putting in game. Amazing! they are gorgeous!

So, try some of those hairs and outfits on your sim and see how they look in game. You might find a new favorite.
    Screenshot-5.jpg
  • IVXXXVIIVXXXVI Posts: 140 Member
    The game's hair,clothing and skintones are better than CC.

I don't know... For me CC sims from head to toe look like I'm not playing the sims at all, like it loses its main beauty. (Same for furniture)

I have never downloaded cc for my sims, I think my sims look better with the game's content. I'm a very average traditional player haha :D .
    Hp85Jmm.gif
  • emorrillemorrill Posts: 8,119 Member
    It's all good @IVXXXVI

That's kinda cool actually. :) I love how we're all different in this world, with our own unique personalities and preferences. :blush:
    52607642900_bbbac3a314_c.jpg
  • Lucy_HenleyLucy_Henley Posts: 2,959 Member
    I have some clothing CC but that's about it. Mainly stuff for children, and also some wedding dresses. I have one CC hairstyle, which is an edit of a Store hair. I don't like most CC hair for Sims 3, particularly for toddlers and children where the hairstyles are all weirdly long and glossy and unrealistic. The hairs look like they're designed for a photoshoot, rather than to be worn in-game. No criticism at the creators of course, I've often wished I could create my own CC/meshes etc.
    I don't really mind the pudding-face style. I just accept it as the way Sims 3 Sims are. I've never been one to use skin overlays or CC eyes/sliders/etc, but if people like them then cool.

I also find Sims 3 toddlers pretty cute! Particularly so since I got the store playpen, two toddlers can interact and become best friends even if they're not able to talk yet. See below for an example! Cousins playing peekaboo <3

MtQqdXP.jpg

• emorrillemorrill Posts: 8,119 Member
    I don't like most CC hair for Sims 3, particularly for toddlers and children where the hairstyles are all weirdly long and glossy and unrealistic. The hairs look like they're designed for a photoshoot, rather than to be worn in-game.

@Lucy_Henley ^I laughed a little while reading that. :lol: It's SO true! I mean most CC hair to me looks lovely and fashionable on adult Sims, (& I do LOVE me some CC hair <3 ) but then when I slap them on a toddler they most always seem a bit *too* fashionable. Like you said, for a photoshoot or glamour shots. :lol: Personally, I don't want my toddlers, particularly the girls, looking like supermodels or sex icons...
    Sorry to say it like that, but y'all know what I mean.

Anyway, just wanted you to know you aren't alone in those thoughts. ;) If a CC hair comes with files for toddlers and children, about 75% of the time I don't add those ones in and just keep the file for the adult Sims. :)
    52607642900_bbbac3a314_c.jpg
  • Lucy_HenleyLucy_Henley Posts: 2,959 Member
    @emorrill I completely understand. Not many toddlers in real life have crazy long hair, and if it is long I bet the parents would tie it up!
  • AnthonydyerAnthonydyer Posts: 1,197 Member
    I don't like most CC hair for Sims 3, particularly for toddlers and children where the hairstyles are all weirdly long and glossy and unrealistic. The hairs look like they're designed for a photoshoot, rather than to be worn in-game. No criticism at the creators of course, I've often wished I could create my own CC/meshes etc.
    @Lucy_Henley I agree with this. There are some very creative people on here, but I am a simple guy and I find many of the CC hairstyles to be too much! I have always believed that the sims should include more hairstyles that the everyday person would have.
    edited July 2022
    So I just finally completed my expansion collection and got Generations which I always see praised so much and first impression.. I'm disappointed. Where is the stuff for toddlers? I thought this pack was supposed to be about families and adding stuff for all generations, there's literally nothing for them! At all! :s I loaded up into CAS thinking yay my toddler's finally going to have some choice in hair and fashion rather than the quite literally nonexistent collection that's already there and there was about four new things in total. I genuinely thought I'd installed the pack wrong somehow!

Then I went into build buy and saw so many things that'd be so cute for my toddler to play with - a rocking horse, a toddler size play oven, teddy bears, even a sandpit, all of which are perfect size for toddlers and things they could definitely play with. They can't use any of them. Not even the sandpit?! It's sand on the ground with some toys in it! Or the teddy bear?? Why?? All of these things are perfect for toddlers and it would make perfect sense to use them but they're all kids and up for no reason. There's nothing for toddlers, all they get is a baby stroller which is cute but you can only walk the streets with it, you can't even walk through the park which would be so much nicer. Justice for Sims 3 toddlers!

Screenshot-164.jpg
    Post edited by Onverser on
  • GraceyManorGraceyManor Posts: 20,080 Member
    @Onverser
    ou can't even walk through the park which would be

My sims can use the stroller anywhere...In fact I had to get rid of the stroller because it got annoying.
    As for the other things if you aren't against mods, I know its preferable not to use mods, but EA missed out on some stuff.

Rocking Horse: https://modthesims.info/d/651108/toddlers-can-ride-rocking-rider.html
    Biggest Little Mod: https://modthesims.info/d/617216/biggest-little-mod-for-toddlers.html
    Toddler extra activities: https://modthesims.info/d/593434/toddlers-extra-activities.html
    Toddler Interactions: https://modthesims.info/d/479364/updated-11-01-toddler-interactions.html
    Napping Map: https://modthesims.info/d/593159/napping-mat.html
  • ParyPary Posts: 6,871 Member
    I love Rabbitholes. I never wanted to see my sims at school, or shopping, or anything like that. I can still shop at places like the Grocery store or the WA registers, but it never bothered me that we didn't have shopping or whatever like TS2. I do miss proper restaurants though. However , it is fairly easy to make a casual restaurant with the items from ITF. The waiters can be a bit lax at coming to take your order but it's better than nothing at all.
    Sims 3 Household Exchange - Share your households!
    PoppySims Archive
    InnaLisa Pose Archive
    Devolution of Sims - a once customisable open world sandbox which has become a DLC Party catalog in a shoebox
    I ♡ Pudding
  • ZeeGeeZeeGee Posts: 5,356 Member
    @Onverser There's a mod for that. :)https://modthesims.info/d/668421/outdoor-activities-for-toddlers.html

@Pary I've never minded rabbitholes either. I don't want to babysit my sims while they're at work or school.
    Concerning the rabbitholes, I'm the total opposite. Too many things have happened inside of those buildings which have at times altered the direction of my game, simply because there isn't any way to monitor what goes on inside.

By replacing the rabbithole buildings with open custom builds and using the rabbithole replacement rugs; I am able to have the best of both worlds. The real bonus is I no longer have to worry about my Sims coming home super stressed and unable to do anything until their stress subsides.
    @GraceyManor @ZeeGee thanks for those links! Those'll make toddlers a lot more fun :)

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file
Return to top