Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

unpopular opinions

Comments

• Options
    ApricusApricus Posts: 672 Member
    I really don’t like uploading my sims to the gallery. I know this sounds selfish and it probably is, but I create my sims for my personal use and don’t want them all over the place in other peoples games. If they get popular, they’d get stole, and it would ruin the OG sim for me.
    ZjzmtTb.jpg
  • Options
    Chicklet453681Chicklet453681 Posts: 2,435 Member
    Apricus wrote: »
    I really don’t like uploading my sims to the gallery. I know this sounds selfish and it probably is, but I create my sims for my personal use and don’t want them all over the place in other peoples games. If they get popular, they’d get stole, and it would ruin the OG sim for me.

I don't think it's selfish at all, nobody says you have to upload them to the gallery. I have never, ever uploaded a single lot or sim I've created, I only save them to my library.
  • Options
    Ray_TraceRay_Trace Posts: 509 Member

Hey, that's how I view my guys too! They fit only in my world, and if they're separated from my lot and my other Sims, they just wouldn't belong.
    A1hnP0t.png
  • Options
    StormkeepStormkeep Posts: 7,632 Member
    I don't think it's selfish either.

I also almost never upload anything to the gallery. In my case it's because anything I upload would be tagged as containing CC and I can't be bothered to take the time to list what CC and where to get it. That and I don't like to download anything that used CC from the gallery, so I would feel kind of silly uploading it.
    This post will be edited by StormKeep at some point.
    2c2ab3785fad83173d9a155efa4afd1fc99b9595.jpg
    The Winters family Tree --- My Mods
  • Options
    Lucy_HenleyLucy_Henley Posts: 2,972 Member
    I don't upload anything to the gallery, either. Not the public one anyway. Sometimes I'll save a lot to my personal gallery, but that's it. I don't share my stuff in the public gallery.
  • Options
    DaraviDaravi Posts: 1,144 Member
    edited April 2022
    Never thought I'd say this but....

I am sooooo over the whole mid-century modern style in this game. I've always liked the look (brings back childhood nostalgia), but it's been done to death in the Sims 4 (from both maxis and cc creators) that it's gotten to the point I'm now starting to get turned off of it.

With all the gazillion other design styles (historical and current) in the world that we could replicate.... Perhaps it's time to expand our horizons? :|

That's the answer I needed for my vote in the How Do You Choose CC? Thread. I'm a 80's/90's child, so that style I only knows from my lated grandparents, my parents get rid of it very fast while some items are really nice and fit to my minimalist sense, it's not the whole style I would like to have at home, realistically speaking I need a place for my whole belonging.
  • Options
    halloweenchildhalloweenchild Posts: 1,534 Member

Not selfish at all, the only time I upload to the gallery is when I've done makeovers of random townies/NPC's or when I'm uploading sims to redownload them on a new install of the sims 4 on a new computer. Because I'm lazy and can't be bothered to remake my sims. XD
    Give our Vampires back their fangs!!! Reverse the Nerf!!! Occult simmers should not be shoved aside for the "realism players"! It's time Occult lovers/players started to demand equal treatment. #JusticeForOccults
  • Options
    SERVERFRASERVERFRA Posts: 7,128 Member
    Sims playing basketball is so boring as well as most sports.
  • Options
    DaniRose2143DaniRose2143 Posts: 8,858 Member
    I kind of like the MAC makeup addition. I never have used it. I don't see a reason to ever use it. But I don't dislike it to the degree it seems so many others do.
  • Options
    ApricusApricus Posts: 672 Member
    I kind of like the MAC makeup addition. I never have used it. I don't see a reason to ever use it. But I don't dislike it to the degree it seems so many others do.

One of my unpopular opinions too. I’m an Xbox player so therefor have no mods. I have all expansions, moschino, and a couple of gamepacks yet makeup options are still limited. The MAC makeup changes that and gives me more variety.

MAC makeup isn’t that bad.
    I will die on this hill.
    ZjzmtTb.jpg
  • Options
    DaniRose2143DaniRose2143 Posts: 8,858 Member

One of my unpopular opinions too. I’m an Xbox player so therefor have no mods. I have all expansions, moschino, and a couple of gamepacks yet makeup options are still limited. The MAC makeup changes that and gives me more variety.

MAC makeup isn’t that bad.
    I will die on this hill.

You won't die alone then, I'm there with you.

I do have to amend one thing, where I said I don't see a reason to ever use it, there is one. If I ever found myself in your situation with no cc makeup, that MAC collection is right where I'm headed.
  • Options
    KathykinsKathykins Posts: 1,883 Member
    I'm about halfway on that hill with both of you :D I use the lipsticks and blushes quite often, but not the rest, have mods to not show the eyeliner/shadow. I just got tired of seeing beautiful, dark-skinned townies with really horridly coloured eyeshadows/liners.
  • Options
    cynciecyncie Posts: 4,658 Member
    I don’t care if TS4, TS5……TS2000’s lore matches up exactly with TS2.
  • Options
    VeeDubVeeDub Posts: 1,862 Member
    cyncie wrote: »

:lol: Me either. In this kind of game, for me there is no lore other than what I create myself.
    FYI: Just because you can see my signature, don't assume that I can see yours.
    Because I can't; I keep all sigs turned off. ;)
  • Options
    VINTAVAVINTAVA Posts: 22 Member
    TS3 > TS4
  • Options
    ModerateOspreyModerateOsprey Posts: 4,875 Member
    VeeDub wrote: »

:lol: Me either. In this kind of game, for me there is no lore other than what I create myself.

Indeed. Whatever existent lore that ever existed has long gone in my game - perhaps a few remnants here and there to be picked out of a dumpster :D
    Awake.
    Shake dreams from your hair
    My pretty child, my sweet one.
    Choose the day and choose the sign of your day
    The day's divinity....
    The Ghost Song - Jim Morrison
  • Options
    Chaotic_MoiraChaotic_Moira Posts: 482 Member

This hurt.. the ache is real..
    Features I'd like brought back from the dead.
    | Picture in Picture mode | Custom Paintings | Preset scenarios for resident sims | Placing my own lots |
    | Saving my own Buy Mode collections! | Saving an outfit in CAS | CaSt. Smaller is ok | Open World |
  • Options
    AncientMuseAncientMuse Posts: 1,062 Member
    VeeDub wrote: »

Indeed. Whatever existent lore that ever existed has long gone in my game - perhaps a few remnants here and there to be picked out of a dumpster :D

Me four.

There seems to be many of us who don't care about previous game lores and/or households. For me, the Sims 4 is it's own entity and I have no need to drag the remnants of TS2 or TS3 into it. Maybe this opinion isn't so unpopular afterall? :D
    My Gallery ID: AncientMuse2
    "Whenever you find yourself on the side of the majority, it is time to pause and reflect." ~ Mark Twain
  • Options
    edited April 2022
    I love the Pancakes, there, I've said it. They may be my favorite family ever in fact. Their dull disaster of a marriage made me want to play them, immediately. No premade has ever drawn my attention as quickly...

well, okay, except Agnes Crumplebottom. <3
    | Picture in Picture mode | Custom Paintings | Preset scenarios for resident sims | Placing my own lots |
    | Saving my own Buy Mode collections! | Saving an outfit in CAS | CaSt. Smaller is ok | Open World |
  • Options
    cynciecyncie Posts: 4,658 Member

This hurt.. the ache is real..

So sorry. I do enjoy having iconic characters from the past in the game. I’m just not hung up on making sure every detail of their past lives matches with new games, or that a new game has to be a continuation of the older games. It’s okay for me if the new games stand on their own.

I love the Pancakes, there, I've said it. They may be my favorite family ever in fact. Their dull disaster of a marriage made me want to play them, immediately. No premade has ever drawn my attention as quickly...

well, okay, except Agnes Crumplebottom. <3

Agnes is great and I like the Pancakes, too! Their dysfunctional relationship is fascinating and Bob is so endearingly ordinary.

Related unpopular opinion: it’s weird to me that the gallery contains tons of glammed up Pancakes, thus missing the point of their existence.
  • Options
    CybersbeCybersbe Posts: 108 Member

I’m much the same. In fact, I also don’t like downloading others’ sims from the gallery. (For some reason, I can handle downloading another’s lot, but I feel weird downloading a sim.)

The only Sims I download from the Gallery are the ones made by Maxis. For some reason, I don’t have an issue downloading what feels close to a pregen. I can think of only two cases where I download sims made by general players: I’ve downloaded a recreation of the Dregg family from the previous games (I think they make ideal owners for the shipwreck lot in Sulani), and the occasional “CAS Unlock” sim. (Who generally gets deleted immediately after I get what I need.)
  • Options
    OnverserOnverser Posts: 3,364 Member
    edited April 2022
    Probably very unpopular in these parts but I hope the next big pack isn't generations. After interior design, farming and weddings I'm so desperate for something more out there and less mundane
    Post edited by Onverser on
  • Options
    Onverser wrote: »
    Probably very unpopular in these parts but I hope the next big pack isn't generations. After interior design, farming and weddings I'm so desperate for something more out there and less mundane

I don't even remember any specifics from generations, so the fact everyone is begging for it always is odd to me. I think it was like kids and teen family play focused.. which doesn't excite me personally. I am way more interested in getting an attraction system, an overhaul for moods, whims, and traits, and new business options. I also really want fairies. They are the only occult I ever really play with.

• Options
    StrawberryYogurtStrawberryYogurt Posts: 2,799 Member
    I dont mind if Sims 5 is multiplayer if i enjoy the game.
    The Sims has currently lost its identity. Bring it back for TS5

FixedCoarseFawn-max-1mb.gif

Personality,depth,humor,consequences,lore,customization.
  • Options
    DaWaterRatDaWaterRat Posts: 3,355 Member
    Onverser wrote: »

The only, and I mean only, reason I want Generations next is so that we can move on and focus on more interesting wants... like Werewolves, time travel, Faeries... even Bands.

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file
Return to top