September 20 - Friday Highlight is here! Check it out!
September 17 - We just released a small patch for The Sims 4 on PC/Mac - click here for more details.

Realm of Magic - Learn even more mysterious secrets (gameplay trailer + blog)

1235...Next

Comments

  • WolfNateWolfNate Posts: 2,061 Member
    Also I caught a few perks

    Off top my head...

    Untamed/Mischief/Practical Expertise: X School always succeeds when in normal charge.

    Discharge: A new self interaction is to dispell your Charge (one rank..? All of it down to Normal..???)

    Something I forget name of but it's above Discharge: Your meter charges more slowly.
    WolfNate is my Origins I plan on building with RoM
  • SimTrippySimTrippy Posts: 5,497 Member
    OEII1001 wrote: »
    Looks great. Spellcasters get both an ability tree and a spellbook. I imagine the magic (lower case, no trademark) enthusiasts are pleased, and they should be. Good for you all; you certainly waited a long time to get it.

    Thanks <3 hope we'll end up loving it as much as you love your vampires!
  • WolfNateWolfNate Posts: 2,061 Member
    Perks!

    unknown.png
    unknown.png
    unknown.png
    unknown.png

    WolfNate is my Origins I plan on building with RoM
  • RouenpucelleRouenpucelle Posts: 866 Member
    NoirStasis wrote: »
    Sages are NOT playable and if you marry them or anything of that sort then they lose their Sage status and another Sage will be chosen.

    I believe you are right just like moving in Father Winter into your household will make him lose his status, but you can still probably have kids with them which would make an intresting story. I plan on befriending one of the sages and making a story where the household goes and visits the sage, but they never offically join the household. This will enable the family to have a sage as a founder of the household and in the bloodline. I'm pretty sure you can get sages to drink immortality potions so they can maintain thier place as sage and not be replaced if they arent immortal already.

    I didn't know that Father Winter could lose his status! Does someone else take his place? Do they have the same name?

    Another Sim from the world (random, I believe) gets the Father Winter trait/flag and the one you've added to your household becomes just a regular human. There's always A Father Winter in game but the names may vary (I think also if the original one happens to die?)
    NoirStasis wrote: »
    NoirStasis wrote: »
    Sages are NOT playable and if you marry them or anything of that sort then they lose their Sage status and another Sage will be chosen.

    I believe you are right just like moving in Father Winter into your household will make him lose his status, but you can still probably have kids with them which would make an intresting story. I plan on befriending one of the sages and making a story where the household goes and visits the sage, but they never offically join the household. This will enable the family to have a sage as a founder of the household and in the bloodline. I'm pretty sure you can get sages to drink immortality potions so they can maintain thier place as sage and not be replaced if they arent immortal already.

    I didn't know that Father Winter could lose his status! Does someone else take his place? Do they have the same name?

    Yes Father Winter can lose his status if you move him to a new household and a new one takes his place with a different name. I've heard from other simmers that Clement Frost was father winter for the 1st Winterfest and then a new person was Father Winter for their 2nd without them doing anything at all.

    Thank you both for the information! How interesting and fun!
    Ooh Be Gah!! Whipna Choba-Dog? Whipna Choba-Dog!! :smiley:
  • simgirl1010simgirl1010 Posts: 13,524 Member
    edited September 9
    Cinebar wrote: »
    Sk8rblaze wrote: »
    This pack looks really good, and I liked the trailer a lot.

    I just can't believe the difference in quality from Island Living (an extremely shallow $40 dollar expansion) to this (what could be a well-worth $20 gamepack).

    Yes, even I'm tempted. SimGuruNinja and others did a great job in my opinon on the vampire pack so if he was over this one and those who really thought hard about the vampire pack I might break donw and spend some money on this as it seems interesting at the moment.

    Give yourself a month before buying and see if you still feel the same. 😄
  • NoirStasisNoirStasis Posts: 67 Member
    It'll be intresting to see how people will tell stories with the curses especially since they stay on until you get rid of them; the green witchy face curse in particular.
  • NoirStasisNoirStasis Posts: 67 Member
    Cinebar wrote: »
    Sk8rblaze wrote: »
    This pack looks really good, and I liked the trailer a lot.

    I just can't believe the difference in quality from Island Living (an extremely shallow $40 dollar expansion) to this (what could be a well-worth $20 gamepack).

    Yes, even I'm tempted. SimGuruNinja and others did a great job in my opinon on the vampire pack so if he was over this one and those who really thought hard about the vampire pack I might break donw and spend some money on this as it seems interesting at the moment.

    Give yourself a month before buying and see if you still feel the same. 😄

    I agree, don't forget about sales! Island Living was on sale like a month after release; Thanksgiving, Black Friday,Christmas, and New Years are around the corner too.
  • LquinnLquinn Posts: 207 Member
    I can't wait for October 15th (Xbox forever 😁) for Realm of Magic to come out. From what I have seen it could be the best pack yet. And oh boy, I have a whole month to plan my game play (Sarcasm?? Jealousy?? Maybe a little...)
  • kateoverendkateoverend Posts: 7,962 Member
    WolfNate wrote: »
    @OEII1001 @kateoverend

    The trailer's VA makes me think of a flamboyant drag queen seriously lol

    LOL I can see that!
    rnKEhBT.png
  • catloverplayercatloverplayer Posts: 84,720 Member
    Was watching the launch party for Realm Of Magic on The Sims Community Youtube site and he revealed you can click on your sim using testingcheats to become a spell caster.

  • WolfNateWolfNate Posts: 2,061 Member
    unknown.png

    Second best option lol
    WolfNate is my Origins I plan on building with RoM
  • Dglbr1969Dglbr1969 Posts: 815 Member
    WolfNate wrote: »
    unknown.png

    Second best option lol

    Awww you makin me all teary eyed. I'm glad, he really is awesome in game too! I was impressed.
    I've totally lost myself in this pack, I've come up for air, but seriously cool. I got decursify spell after heaps of tries, I think it's random when you ask for a spell from the sages as in what you get for your level.
    2zin9xt.jpg?raw=1
  • BlueBlack007BlueBlack007 Posts: 4,409 Member
    edited September 12
    I am Luvin the Realm of Magic pack, ( But) I am not Luvin that you can Edit that 1 Lot in the Realm of Magic area all you want, but your Sims can never move into it, cause only way into the realm is in game play, so your 1 Sim will take up one lot not in the realm just to be able to stay there? not happy bout that nope, so I put her in another household instead, I noticed that there were like 4 small square edges around the main building there and I wanted to keep the main building where it was, so I made a 2 story cottage on one of the back square edges, saved the lot to My library just in case, But had to take the gate off the fence once I got back cause all the npc's got in and was walking around the cottage but My sim could not get in after so I took the gate off, I noticed then that can not move your sim to that lot at all, so was a waste of time really, but at least the NPC Sims ( only ) will have beds to sleep in, bathroom to use and kitchen for food, parlor for tv & reading ect , your Sim can do all those things yes while there but won't actually live there on the lot oh yay, :(
  • JulianneALeeJulianneALee Posts: 84 Member
    I'm thrilled to have RoM even though it's very much like Vampires. Since the beginning of 4 I've had a Sim who is the Wise Woman. She keeps all the perfect plants, has all the collectibles, knows all the herbalism stuff, dresses like a hippie, and is immortal via the Potion of Youth. Now she's a Spellcaster Adept Alchemist, on her way to becoming truly immortal. She has two retail stores for perfect groceries and a museum for Selvadorian artifacts. Next she'll have a small store for potions and herbal remedies.
    Julianne Lee
    Simmer since 2001
  • NADYSOPHIENADYSOPHIE Posts: 290 Member
    I duplicate my sims and now my clone is in the town doing whatever. O.O I thought she would disappear with time.
  • SimTrippySimTrippy Posts: 5,497 Member
    NADYSOPHIE wrote: »
    I duplicate my sims and now my clone is in the town doing whatever. O.O I thought she would disappear with time.

    She should. Mine poofed away after some time. Now I hope I won't run into her :/
  • NADYSOPHIENADYSOPHIE Posts: 290 Member
    SimTrippy wrote: »
    NADYSOPHIE wrote: »
    I duplicate my sims and now my clone is in the town doing whatever. O.O I thought she would disappear with time.

    She should. Mine poofed away after some time. Now I hope I won't run into her :/

    Ohh ok thats good then...xD I guess I don't mind her to be in the world. I have mix feelings about this. xD
  • darrenfroggydarrenfroggy Posts: 636 Member
    NADYSOPHIE wrote: »
    SimTrippy wrote: »
    NADYSOPHIE wrote: »
    I duplicate my sims and now my clone is in the town doing whatever. O.O I thought she would disappear with time.

    She should. Mine poofed away after some time. Now I hope I won't run into her :/

    Ohh ok thats good then...xD I guess I don't mind her to be in the world. I have mix feelings about this. xD

    There's a bug reported with the clones: if you travel/leave the lot they're on while they're still active, they hang around.
    That said, it happened to me (my Sim even got a duel invite from his clone) but I can't find the clone anywhere now, so hopefully it's still temporary.
  • toxxictoxxic Posts: 11 New Member
    Does anyone know when Target will be getting it?
  • NADYSOPHIENADYSOPHIE Posts: 290 Member
    NADYSOPHIE wrote: »
    SimTrippy wrote: »
    NADYSOPHIE wrote: »
    I duplicate my sims and now my clone is in the town doing whatever. O.O I thought she would disappear with time.

    She should. Mine poofed away after some time. Now I hope I won't run into her :/

    Ohh ok thats good then...xD I guess I don't mind her to be in the world. I have mix feelings about this. xD

    There's a bug reported with the clones: if you travel/leave the lot they're on while they're still active, they hang around.
    That said, it happened to me (my Sim even got a duel invite from his clone) but I can't find the clone anywhere now, so hopefully it's still temporary.

    I don't see my clone anymore so I think it disappear.
Sign In or Register to comment.
Return to top