Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Do you care if they add stuff from different lifestyles (LGBT, religious, cultural, etc.)

isaiahzayisaiahzay Posts: 295 Member
Do you really care that much?

Do you care if they add stuff from different lifestyles (LGBT, religious, cultural, etc.) 302 votes

Yes! - How dare they add something that makes me uncomfortable
9%
Colorist40poemetragurlimhappyAnmirlaWyrrenmock68simfriend1968SlayeurTownSimgurl20gamekittenEchovaFelice_EnellenLogisitcsMoonfoxNightcryXxAirixXQueen_RoognaSigzy05ChadSims2mirta000domina89 30 votes
Yes! - We need everyone in the world to feel included
47%
Bluegayletams2578icmnfrshBluefairy286LaBlue0314sunhair2008alexspoom13IceyJMadameLeesims2freak737AlexaiMjstsmPsuetoopdanacnbrettMi9shaoscarsimlish1Writin_RegAlrynnsimm621Thunderbat87 142 votes
No - I don’t care (but maybe free content is nice)
43%
Akl500PFrn0731jeepjeepcatbandit5NighteyesRainbowSimQueenCamkatPlayerSinger2010Montrase102SimburianBloosmooelanorbretonZenobiaPomponSimQueenie9IrdiwenPaigeisin5TiipiiJestTrualanmichael1isaiahzay 130 votes

Comments

• Options
    MoonfoxNightcryMoonfoxNightcry Posts: 296 Member
    Yes! - How dare they add something that makes me uncomfortable
    I don’t want politics or religion in the Sims. Full stop.
  • Options
    InuMiroLoverInuMiroLover Posts: 1,184 Member
    edited September 2019
    Im not exactly the type to cry "pOlITicS!!1!12!@!32" whenever something new is introduced that Im not wholly familiar with and isnt straight up ridiculously offensive. Either I use it or not and move on.
  • Options
    isaiahzayisaiahzay Posts: 295 Member
    edited September 2019
    I don’t want politics or religion in the Sims. Full stop.

Not judging... but maybe don’t choose to make it political? (And also it’s a video game, you don’t have tie real religion to any objects if you don’t want to... I personally use the holiday candles as regular candles and will definitely use the head scarf for all kinds of sims)
  • Options
    SharoniaSharonia Posts: 4,853 Member
    I don't care either way. I just ignore items I don't agree with. It's not up to me what gets added.
  • Options
    Themrsg4422Themrsg4422 Posts: 332 Member
    If I held my breath for the entire world to have views exactly like mine....well I'd have keeled over a long time ago. I use what I like and ignore anything I don't.

Same goes for gameplay I don't enjoy though...just doesn't bother me. 🤷‍♀️
  • Options
    DeKayDeKay Posts: 81,602 Member
    I don't care. It's just a game. Maybe it's where I'm from and we have a lot of different cultures, races and traditions; and we all live harmoniously together. So when I see stuff like this in the game, it seems normal to me.

I don't care if they don't put representative stuff in the game either.
    My Top Song of the Day: Innocence by Avril Lavigne
    x3vZicL.gif
  • Options
    phantasmkissphantasmkiss Posts: 1,520 Member
    edited September 2019
    I like niche stuff. Just because it's not my niche doesn't mean I don't applaud it. I've had to search custom content to find some cultural items I wanted in-game, just to properly represent some of my friends.

If I had the option, I'd change my answer to Yes. I do care. I don't think it's possible to represent every group, but that doesn't mean we can't include some, and it doesn't imply an insult to anyone who hasn't been represented yet.
    4TJdLHA.png
    Tumblr | Sims 4 Gallery | Sims 3 Page
    Baby Darling: My 100 Baby Challenge | Generation 1 | Donors 10 | Adult Children 8 | First Post | Most Recent
    Give Me a Story, I'll Give You a Build | The Bunker Challenge | CowplantSports
  • Options
    SimmerMarsSimmerMars Posts: 242 Member
    I really don’t care. I’m still going to play my game exactly how I want to.
    Origin ID: Bosslady216
  • Options
    KaronKaron Posts: 2,332 Member
    Cupid wrote: »
    It depends. I'm not against resources being allocated towards these kinds of things, and I'm not against having them exist in my game. However, I do feel like the player needs to be given complete control over them. It's annoying seeing turbans and saris pop up on sims that I'd never put them on.

this. I want the Manage Households to be overhauled. I want to be able to control the npcs and townies. I want to be able to sptop the game from adding random/unwanted sims.
  • Options
    Themrsg4422Themrsg4422 Posts: 332 Member
    SimmerMars wrote: »
    I really don’t care. I’m still going to play my game exactly how I want to.

👏👏👏 and this right here people is the beauty the the Sims.

Play. How. You. Want.
  • Options
    keekee53keekee53 Posts: 4,328 Member
    Chazzzy wrote: »
    If they’re going to add some, they need to add them all.

PERIODT!

^this
  • Options
    RobinGreenthumbRobinGreenthumb Posts: 237 Member
    It’s awesome that they are expanding cultural aspects of the game so people could see themselves physically represented by clothing common in their area.

People who don’t like it and don’t even bother to read up on different cultures in a honest and open fashion... well. They are boring at best, and people that I have no interest knowing.
  • Options
    So_MoneySo_Money Posts: 2,536 Member
    Don’t care one way or the other. Just fix the game.
  • Options
    VuloriVulori Posts: 94 Member
    I don't care if they do or don't, as long as they add options for all religions and groups then. Don't pick and choose, allow representation for all then. The argument that I don't have to use it goes for stuff I want to see as well as things I don't. I won't use the hijab on my sims most likely, but I'm fine with it being added. By the same token, if they added stuff like rosaries or the cross, I don't care either. If we're going to be inclusive, I expect to include everything, even stuff I may not believe in or use myself. Being open minded goes both ways.

Bottom line, if they're going to add stuff more stuff like this, I expect to see it for all kinds of groups for representation.
  • Options
    VamprisVampris Posts: 1,127 Member
    Nah, It mostly doesn't matter with me. The only odd one for me is Religion cause the past games didn't really go into this type of stuff and it makes alot of sense why with the whole dying, becoming ghost, meeting the GRIM REAPER, and then going into the NetherRelm. Adding actual religions in the game (what with their own views on the afterlife) wouldn't really make alot of sense unless they want to overhaul the death mechanic.

So adding small things that might be part of a religion is fine with me, but full blown religion added in would be kinda weird. After all we already got "Christmas" in the game and Sims 3 had "Halloween", so something like a hijab wouldn't hurt.
    EMrBkJP.png
  • Options
    SimmingalSimmingal Posts: 8,963 Member
    I probably won't use most of it myself being basic white girl with no culture
    but I am still happy about other people being able to make themselves in sims
    and do things they'd normally do in sims and wear things they'd normally wear in sims

its not like world runs around white straight american people so we might as well have others included too
    ⭐️ AHQ Champion 🦇 Vlad Advocate 🐉 Team Dragons
    🏡 Gallery 📖 Stories 🌍 World Project 🥔 MOD/CC Free
  • Options
    Sk8rblazeSk8rblaze Posts: 7,570 Member
    I don’t mind; to purchase the game and not be able to represent one’s self is an awful feeling nobody should have to endure.

At the same time, I do agree content such as what is featured in the upcoming patch should be optional and designated as a themed, free pack, downloaded separately from the game. I can understand the disgruntled sentiment someone may have to be forced to download content they have zero use for.
  • Options
    doedeardoedear Posts: 303 Member
    well seeing as you could make your sims be gay since inception there's no way to take that out now unless you modded it
  • Options
    HermitgirlHermitgirl Posts: 8,825 Member
    I'm really proud to be supporting a game that does this.. and I'd love to think that people being able to make themselves or reflect their culture should be able to if it's important to them. It's a great thing.

That said I hope the head scarf doesn't generate randomly. I'd love that to be the case with any hats, jewelry, socks or leggings. I'd rather be the one accessorizing my sims as the game does a pretty bad job of it.
    egTcBMc.png
  • Options
    PlayerSinger2010PlayerSinger2010 Posts: 3,267 Member
    What I care about is that everyone is able to create their own selves in the game.
  • Options
    QueenMercyQueenMercy Posts: 1,680 Member
    Well those are some loaded options.
  • Options
    DrakosDrakos Posts: 451 Member
    I welcome diversity so bring em on. I dont use the pride stuff and wont be using Hijabs in my game, but the more the merrier.
This discussion has been closed.
Return to top