Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

is the hijab base game or holiday pack

Comments

• Options
    elanorbretonelanorbreton Posts: 14,549 Member
    @FreezerBunnyCowplant we could list a number of items already in the game that are 'religious ' but only if you make it so in your own head.

It's just a bunch of pixels.
  • Options
    FreezerBunnyCowplantFreezerBunnyCowplant Posts: 3,957 Member
    edited September 2019
    @FreezerBunnyCowplant we could list a number of items already in the game that are 'religious ' but only if you make it so in your own head.

It's just a bunch of pixels.

Those religious items are in an optional pack tho and not in the base game.

I have not downloaded the Holiday pack because of those religious items and that‘s okay. Leave people the options, but don‘t force it upon them.
    a256aFi.gif
  • Options
    andriandri Posts: 16 Member
    Whether it is base game or holiday pack item. I don’t mind it, as long as I can style my own sim. For townie, I don’t really care whether townie wearing it or not. I see it as a diversity in style
  • Options
    amandajoy27amandajoy27 Posts: 167 Member
    I'll just use a mod and knock them off if they show up in my game as townies!!!
    8yz411.jpg

Add me on Origin ID: Amanda3024
  • Options
    EA_JozEA_Joz Posts: 3,164 EA Staff (retired)
    Hello everyone! Just dropping by to remind you that discussing politics or religion is against the rules, so let's keep thing son topic.

Please review our Posting Rules & Guidelines here:

https://forums.thesims.com/en_US/categories/forum-rules

~EA_Joz
  • Options
    dfstonedfstone Posts: 215 Member
    I don't care if they add this stuff as long as its universal and isn't forced. Having the option doesn't bother me, because I don't have to add it to my game if I don't want to. But if its forced into my game, I have a problem with that.
  • Options
    comicsforlifecomicsforlife Posts: 9,585 Member
    edited September 2019
    I'm kind of concerned that if they don't tag hijab for none npc use that the npc will wear it with really inappropriate things
    Post edited by comicsforlife on
    more for sim kids and more drama please
  • Options
    StrawberryYogurtStrawberryYogurt Posts: 2,799 Member
    I imagine it'll be base game. It'd be difficult to determine the name of the tag it'll use to catergorize the clothes, besides what, "cultural"? Since Sims wants to "omit" religion in the game.
    The Sims has currently lost its identity. Bring it back for TS5

FixedCoarseFawn-max-1mb.gif

Personality,depth,humor,consequences,lore,customization.
  • Options
    gamekittengamekitten Posts: 2,606 Member
    Hijabs are not a casual thing and they are tied to the word we aren't suppose to say. It should not be in the base game, it should be a stuff pack for those that are interested or do not mind it. And that don't want it should not have to depend on mods to take them out. I can not explain why I do not want them in my game, because I will be scolded or banned. But I promise it isn't a phobia.
  • Options
    edited September 2019
    or maybe Jasmine from Secondhand Lions
    I really like the part where hub and her meet its one of my favorite parts
    “Many people say there’s no such thing nowadays, it’s something you only find in stories, but when these two set eyes on each other for the first time, this was honest to God, no kidding, sure enough, once in a lifetime, love at first sight.” - Garth McCann; Secondhand Lions
  • Options
    KaronKaron Posts: 2,332 Member
    edited September 2019
    Nobody's forcing you to use anything.

Don't take that complain as racism (besides the ones that actually are). But the game sometimes actually forces random clothing pieces for a bunch of townies at once and it can be annoying. I, myself, don't mind one or two townies dressed in the same hat/shirt/etc, but all the townies?! ugh
  • Options
    Karon wrote: »
    Nobody's forcing you to use anything.

Don't take that complain as racism (besides the ones that actually are). But the game sometimes actually forces random clothing pieces for a bunch of townies at once and it can be annoying. I, myself, don't mind one or two townies dressed in the same hat/shirt/etc, but all the townies?! ugh

it is very annoying when that happens
  • Options
    rjssimrjssim Posts: 1,339 Member
    Limorz wrote: »
    and will townies wear it as a random outfit?

I believe it is in the base game. Not sure if townies will wear it at random though.
  • Options
    jeepjeepcatjeepjeepcat Posts: 2,302 Member
    I dont know what the big deal is.

Townies generate in the most horrific random stuff with bizarre accessories that don't go together all the time.

I already get random head scarves and turbans and hats popping up. All nicely accompanied by an eyeball ring :D one more addition makes no difference in the grand scheme of things.

I know, I often spend play time editing all the townie clothes. I especially 'like' the shorts, tights, tall boots, bikini top, bracelets, eye ring, glasses (but only on one outfit) and random hat look.

• Options
    Nh6650Nh6650 Posts: 7,885 Member
    I am very pleased about having hijabs in the game, whether they are tagged for townies or not. In my opinion they made a good decision to have them. :)
  • Options
    EA_MaiEA_Mai Posts: 1,800 EA Staff (retired)
    edited September 2019
    Hey everyone,

I'm reopening this thread after removing some comments that were derailing the discussion. If anyone has any questions about why their particular post was removed, feel free to send me a DM.

Now, to the part you are interested about! Answering the questions in the discussion:
    • The new patio furniture, Build objects, CAS clothing, and stairs will be coming to the base game as part of a game update - an update that will be arriving to PC/Mac today.
    • No, townies will not be randomly generated wearing Muslim-inspired clothing. We prefer to give you the ability to make that choice.
  • Options
    EA_Mai wrote: »
    Hey everyone,

I'm reopening this thread after removing some comments that were derailing the discussion. If anyone has any questions about why their particular post was removed, feel free to send me a DM.

Now, to the part you are interested about! Answering the questions in the discussion:
    • The new patio furniture, Build objects, CAS clothing, and stairs will be coming to the base game as part of a game update - an update that will be arriving to PC/Mac today.
    • No, townies will not be randomly generated wearing Muslim-inspired clothing. We prefer to give you the ability to make that choice.

yay thank you however if some one really want to have it I think they should to
    anyway thanks for the info
  • Options
    BlkBarbiegalBlkBarbiegal Posts: 7,924 Member
    Thank you, EA Mai.
    Me on:
    Twitch jovi_jov
    Twitter BarbieSimmy
    Origin SimsBarbie
  • Options
    No, townies will not be randomly generated wearing Muslim-inspired clothing. We prefer to give you the ability to make that choice.
    That should keep a lot of people happy. Or, at least, happier :)
  • Options
    keekee53keekee53 Posts: 4,328 Member
    Hey everyone,

Thank you I guess but you are still breaking your own forum rule.
  • Options
    BabyCarrotzBabyCarrotz Posts: 950 Member
    Yes finally! Thank you EA and Maxis for adding hijabs and other cultural outfits in the game. Believe it or not there are a lot of Muslim sims players around the world lol. Where I come from, the hijab is more like a cultural and fashion accessory than being tied to religion. No one is being forced to wear it and yet many women chose to wear it willingly because who wouldn't? The hijabs are so pretty! They come in different colors, fabrics, textures and styles. Not to mention they save us ladies a lot of time from having to prep our hair when we're in a hurry, just wrap it around the head and its done XD

I0b59UL.jpg

Women who wear hijabs fashionably are called Hijabistas and there are a lot of them on social medias. Do they look like they're being forced to wear the hijabs?

SyqBn8s.png

Women also wear hijab during weddings. They don't have to, but its in my culture. The grooms also wear a head accessory.

x5Jslhc.jpg

During Eid al-Fitr and Eid al-Adha festival holidays, families dress up in traditional attires.

VCco3Ih.jpg

I really don't get the outrage with the addition of hijabs and it saddens me to read some of the rude comments insulting my culture. It only becomes religious if you make it so! Just treat the hijab like every other cultural clothings added in game (we got the Chinese clothings in Lunar update, Indians clothings for Diwali, etc.), they're just clothing articles and this is just a game. Don't turn it into political or religious debates. The sims is not the place for that. Why can't everyone be more accepting? :'( If you associate Muslims = the Middle East, you clearly need to get educated more before bashing them. Muslims are around the world with different cultures and traditions. Just because 1% of the Muslim populations force hijabs on women and other terrible things you hear doesn't mean the rest of us are like that. We also condemn such practices. So please stop stereotyping other people and accept each others differences, the world will become a much better place for everyone!
    PEEt1Hh.gif?1
  • Options
    Great post @BabyCarrotz I love the pics, the ladies all look great.

I am looking forward to using the hijab in my game.
  • Options
    BabyCarrotzBabyCarrotz Posts: 950 Member

Thank you! I'm glad you love the pics. I've been using CC hijabs and dresses in my game and now I can rejoice with the base game hijab and modest clothing, including the burkinis! They're awesome.

I hope you have fun using the hijab too, I love it when simmers get creative :smiley:
    PEEt1Hh.gif?1
  • Options
    SilentKittySilentKitty Posts: 4,665 Member

Thank you! I'm glad you love the pics. I've been using CC hijabs and dresses in my game and now I can rejoice with the base game hijab and modest clothing, including the burkinis! They're awesome.

I hope you have fun using the hijab too, I love it when simmers get creative :smiley:

I am really happy that you won’t have to use CC anymore for your cultural clothing :smile:

Will use them myself but mainly for different clubs. It is fun to see how they can utilized in different ways.