December 6 - It's Friday. What does it mean in The Sims forums? Time to highlight some awesim discussions!
December 5 - It's patch day for The Sims 4 on console! Read the patch notes here.

I feel like Maxis is ending the series on The Sims 4

Maxis is hiring for a new live service IP (so it's not just build it and forget it, it will require an update team to be on it) and there have been multiple statements that The Sims 4 still has years in it. I have a feeling that they're not working on Sims 5 and that they're not planning to work on The Sims 5. Some of you might go "well good!", but The Sims 4 is legitimately so broken that I can't play it and the longer we go on for, the more people will have a game that will break under its own weight due to all the DLC.



Thoughts?
Hey you! Yeah you! Check out my The Sims 2 Prettacy Lets Play!
And if that is not your cup of tea, how about some The Sims 3 Family Man Challenge?

Comments

  • SimburianSimburian Posts: 4,812 Member
    edited September 2
    I don't have any problems playing with all packs. Does your PC/Mac match up to specifications or do you play with a lot of mods and CC? I play Vanilla. I will have enough after ROM to play and enjoy even if we don't get University or Farming (which I would prefer). Sims 4 will end sometime but I am not interested in a Sims 5 and any other game would have to be brilliant for me to buy. Another Sims Medieval wouldn't cut it for me either.
    I hope this isn't another knock Sims 4 thread.

    Time goes on, all things must pass etc., I am glad EA are making a new game though. :)
  • mirta000mirta000 Posts: 2,891 Member
    Simburian wrote: »
    I don't have any problems playing with all packs. Does your PC/Mac match up to specifications or do you play with a lot of mods and CC? I play Vanilla. I will have enough after ROM to play and enjoy even if we don't get University or Farming (which I would prefer). Sims 4 will end sometime but I am not interested in a Sims 5 and any other game would have to be brilliant for me to buy. Another Sims Medieval wouldn't cut it for me either.
    I hope this isn't another knock Sims 4 thread.

    Time goes on, all things must pass etc., I am glad EA are making a new game though. :)

    More that exceeds specifications.
    No CC or mods.
    However, all expansions, game packs and stuff packs up to Cats and Dogs.

    I imagine it suffers the same issue as The Sims 3 where you simply struggle more and more to play with all DLC the more DLC there is.

    This topic isn't exactly about The Sims 4, but about the likelyhood of The Sims 5, Maxis new IP and how people feel about it.
    Hey you! Yeah you! Check out my The Sims 2 Prettacy Lets Play!
    And if that is not your cup of tea, how about some The Sims 3 Family Man Challenge?

  • Lady_BalloraLady_Ballora Posts: 278 Member
    EA has other titles besides Sims....they could be working on Sims 5 and be hiring for something like a new EA sports title . We can't assume EA's going to drop Sims 5 just because of someone's video.

  • darrenfroggydarrenfroggy Posts: 1,348 Member
    It's as valid an assumption as ones about TS5 already being in the works. We won't know until they make an official announcement. Everything else out there is just speculation.
    At this point, TS4 still has plenty of life in it, in my opinion (YMMW), and clearly isn't going anywhere just yet. But I'd say conclusions that there isn't going to be a next version are wild guesses at best. Maxis has just recently handed off TSMobile to Firemonkeys so this new hire could just be another mobile game they're developing, maybe with more "friend" features. Maxis themselves have other games on their portfolio.

    I'm sorry your game is being buggy, OP :( It does sound more like a bug than system requirements, even with DLC. (judging by the fact that I play on a small laptop with 4EPs, 1GP, & several SPs and I've not even had lag issues unless I do other things at the same time).

  • SimburianSimburian Posts: 4,812 Member
    edited September 2
    Most of my problems with running Sims 4 with Windows 10 in the past were due to unrequired virus programs interfering, update programs running in the background, scheduling errors or videocards drivers out of date and even Intel wanting to install a new bios. I didn't realise before that Windows 10 can take over some of your bandwidth, using it to update other's PC's for instance. I make sure, before I play that everything is up-to-date and schedule updates to certain hours. It's worthwhile checking what you have in Startup to delay some interfering programs too.

    It's worth checking Windows Updates, for those that have it and look at the advanced options. You can change how much you are willing to share bandwidth etc. I minimise them when I've updated my laptop! Windows Defender appears to update almost every day these days and I don't use anything else now.
  • BabykittyjadeBabykittyjade Posts: 541 Member
    I have so much cc I'm swimming in it,all the packs installed as well as mods and I have no problem playing the game. What is so broken for you that you cannot play?
    As far as how I feel about it I don't really feel anything. If they don't make 5 I'll keep enjoying 4 and 3. If they do I pray it's better than 4 with family gameplay and things people are pleased with. that's as far as my thoughts go.
  • jonilla1jonilla1 Posts: 1,050 Member
    I find it odd that you say the game is broken, how does this manifest in your game? The only problem I have with the game is the 3x speed not working properly. The game is still very playable to me, even though I have tons of cc and all the packs up to Moschino Stuff installed.
    axel_signature_kingdom_hearts_by_omnicraze-d6v.png

    Origin EA ID: Xaldin257 Friend request accepted.

    Some of my creations in the gallery use CC so remember to enable them in gallery's options to see them all.
  • Themrsg4422Themrsg4422 Posts: 267 Member
    edited September 2
    Nope. There is interest in the sims 5 so therefore there is money in the sims5. They won't quit until it doesn't make financial sense to make a new base game iteration.
  • elelunicyelelunicy Posts: 1,620 Member
    Except Maxis also had a job listings for a new AAA game in the The Sims franchise (which surely would be TS5, or maybe they won’t call it TS5, but still a new main The Sims game).

    ΔΤΔ



    lhSmWvL.png
  • happyopihappyopi Posts: 1,049 Member
    I'm one of the people going "well, good !".
  • cheescaekscheescaeks Posts: 492 Member
    sims franchise is their cash-cow, there's no way they're ending the series on sims 4. sims 5 will be a thing.
  • CinebarCinebar Posts: 31,047 Member
    edited September 2
    mirta000 wrote: »
    Maxis is hiring for a new live service IP (so it's not just build it and forget it, it will require an update team to be on it) and there have been multiple statements that The Sims 4 still has years in it. I have a feeling that they're not working on Sims 5 and that they're not planning to work on The Sims 5. Some of you might go "well good!", but The Sims 4 is legitimately so broken that I can't play it and the longer we go on for, the more people will have a game that will break under its own weight due to all the DLC.



    Thoughts?

    Drats. I listened to her (who is that?) and agreed with her 100%. Why would Maxis want someone with experience in PC and Mobile Live Service for a new IP? I think what she said about killing off the series/franchise just happaned. As she explained live service hasn't actually worked out for TS4 players (maybe EA) since every update keeps breaking something else. And she states it sounds like the 'new' game isn't a TS5 but something to run along side TS4 more of a mobile type/microtransactions? (money grab in my mind). :(

    This just takes the idea of TS5 off the table doesn't it. Another Live Service IP :s We know they (Maxis) was building a new AAA game and they build the Sims series so I guess the franchise ended with this game if it's all going to go down that mobile road and more live service requiring updates to intefere with a player's game, and this just screams forget TS5 because it sounds to me like there really is no TS5 and they just decided to build something else probably most long time players won't even like. We are already tired and worn out from live service and having to remove mods (if any) and having a pack break because of this so called Live Service that got old the first year, really fast.

    Dreams of TS5 just fell in black hole.
    "Games Are Not The Place To Tell Stories, Games Are Meant To Let People Tell Their Own Stories"...Will Wright.

    https://forums.thesims.com/en_US/discussion/958714/cinebar-custom-content-clothes-updating-links/p1


  • HermitgirlHermitgirl Posts: 7,919 Member
    I'm not having problems with game stability at all with all packs installed.

    I'm sure there is some work being done or discussed about the next iteration or some spin off.. probably concepts and possibilities mostly. I'm also sure they are going to continue to run this iteration approximately 2 more years give or take a few months because that's how much time we have left from the last review.. When the game is up for review again it has a possibility of being extended even more. They have been telling us all along how they do things in a broad sense and they will run it as long as the interest there and there are ideas to develop. I'm sure stability is part of it overall also of course but I don't see many threads about broken games from people that have been enjoying the game all along.

    The sky is falling threads have been happening since the base game was released so not surprised at all to see another one. So just when do you suppose is the end times exactly?
    Sala-gadoola-menchicka-boo-la bibbidi-bobbidi-boo
    Put 'em together and what have you got?
    Bibbidi-bobbidi-boo
  • CinebarCinebar Posts: 31,047 Member
    edited September 2
    jonilla1 wrote: »
    I find it odd that you say the game is broken, how does this manifest in your game? The only problem I have with the game is the 3x speed not working properly. The game is still very playable to me, even though I have tons of cc and all the packs up to Moschino Stuff installed.

    There is a long list over on Answers.com that list most bugs people bother to report, some have been there for years. If you have the new stuff pack the career doesn't even work when you get to a certain level, so, you do have bugs you just don't see them since you may not play some parts of the game. There are dozens and dozens of bugs, but some won't see them if they never use or play all parts of a game.

    In my own game, I can't tell you how many times the detective career gets rebroken and or the Lice freezer and or many other things concerning vampires. There are literally lists as long as my arm. And they are repeated and repeated. Right now, your basements are broken though you may not know it if you didn't build one more than one level. These aren't just bugs due to someone's machine but bugs anyone would see if they played the entire game parts.

    You can spend a day in here:

    https://answers.ea.com/t5/Bug-Reports/bd-p/The-Sims-4-Bugs

    This one is the new career on day one: https://answers.ea.com/t5/Bug-Reports/WORKAROUND-MSP-Fashion-Photographer-Don-t-get-approved-pics-back/td-p/8112538

    Here is the compliled list some return some have been there since 2014 and these are the ones (pages and pages) of ones people bother to report.

    https://answers.ea.com/t5/Bug-Reports/READ-FIRST-Compiled-list-of-reported-Gameplay-Issues/td-p/3445209
    "Games Are Not The Place To Tell Stories, Games Are Meant To Let People Tell Their Own Stories"...Will Wright.

    https://forums.thesims.com/en_US/discussion/958714/cinebar-custom-content-clothes-updating-links/p1


  • GalacticGalGalacticGal Posts: 14,762 Member
    Personally, I'm having a great time playing it. I have everything but vampires and my first pet, so far. Unsure if I'll get RoM, or not. Just not so into witches, et al. But, we'll see. If the clothes, hair and objects are worth it, I may and just keep away for that magic gate. So long as the witches stay put. I'm reminded of the debacle with the Zombies people complained about. But, as others have suggested perhaps it's your machine?
    You can download (free) all three volumes of my Night Whispers Star Trek Fanfiction here: http://galacticgal.deviantart.com/gallery/ You'll need to have a pdf reader. New websites: http://www.trekkiefanfiction.com/st-tos.php
    http://www.getfreeebooks.com/star-trek-original-series-fan-fiction-trilogy/
  • SimAlexandriaSimAlexandria Posts: 1,817 Member
    I also have no problems (All packs except Vampires).

    I have no idea if they are making a 5 or not. I hear rumours both ways, and both are speculation for me. I don't have a guess.

    My personal preference is for them to just continue with 4. If they do release a 5, unless it has something truly amazing (like gradual aging for every single age group) I'll prob just keep playing with 4.
  • SimburianSimburian Posts: 4,812 Member
    The new game appears to be being made in Austin, Texas by Maxis
    https://simscommunity.info/2019/08/22/maxis-is-expanding-to-a-new-studio-to-develop-a-new-ip/

    As far as I understand from Twitter SimGuruGrant, has bought a house in Silicon Valley so he won't be in charge of that, unless he's gone up a job scale and responsible for both Sites. This pure guesswork on my part! It passes the time until ROM. :)
  • Themrsg4422Themrsg4422 Posts: 267 Member
    I have all packs and I play on a laptop. No issues at all, not even lagging. It's not a high end gaming laptop either. Just a little Dell. I do not, however, have a ton of plum CC installed. Only about 10 items for my decades challenge. And my only mod is Mccomand center.
  • logionlogion Posts: 564 Member
    edited September 2
    Maxis is big, even bigger now when they have merged with the mobile studio. I don't see why they can't work on multiple projects.

    There is also no point in them announcing what they are working on until they are ready. They are not going to announce their next projects until they are ready.

    The sims is still a huge franchise. EA have been very vocal about how happy they are with the amount of people that are playing the sims4.

    And we will see what will happen with their "games a live service". I think what that model did with Anthem and Battlefield have made them think carefully about where they will take this franchise next.

    Hopefully.




  • Jordan061102Jordan061102 Posts: 3,425 Member
    cheescaeks wrote: »
    sims franchise is their cash-cow, there's no way they're ending the series on sims 4. sims 5 will be a thing.

    Exactly!
    Lu4ERme.gif
  • jasy80jasy80 Posts: 18 New Member
    I hope they add a amish sims pack lol. I agree though. To me, if the sims 5 don't have options for manual walking along with some amazing features and amazing packs then screw it lol
  • Wallsisms4everWallsisms4ever Posts: 411 Member
    edited September 2
    I think this is the last The Sims as we know it.

    I'm pretty sure there will be a The Sims 5, but my guess is it will be online or VR or both.
  • Lady_BalloraLady_Ballora Posts: 278 Member
    edited September 2
    I think this is the last The Sims as we know it.

    I'm pretty sure there will be a The Sims 5, but my guess is it will be online or VR or both.



    Remember the disaster that was Sims Olympus? I don't think Maxis/EA would be willing to risk another Sims Olympus fiasco by putting Sims 5 in online mode only.

    As for the company stopping the Sims series at 4? That would be just like Nintendo suddenly ending the entire Legend of Zelda series and never making any new LoZ games ever again. It doesn't make ANY sense to end a game series that brings a company trillions of dollars every day.

    I can see Sims 5 being made for PC/Mac/consoles.



  • jonilla1jonilla1 Posts: 1,050 Member
    Cinebar wrote: »
    jonilla1 wrote: »
    I find it odd that you say the game is broken, how does this manifest in your game? The only problem I have with the game is the 3x speed not working properly. The game is still very playable to me, even though I have tons of cc and all the packs up to Moschino Stuff installed.

    There is a long list over on Answers.com that list most bugs people bother to report, some have been there for years. If you have the new stuff pack the career doesn't even work when you get to a certain level, so, you do have bugs you just don't see them since you may not play some parts of the game. There are dozens and dozens of bugs, but some won't see them if they never use or play all parts of a game.

    In my own game, I can't tell you how many times the detective career gets rebroken and or the Lice freezer and or many other things concerning vampires. There are literally lists as long as my arm. And they are repeated and repeated. Right now, your basements are broken though you may not know it if you didn't build one more than one level. These aren't just bugs due to someone's machine but bugs anyone would see if they played the entire game parts.

    You can spend a day in here:

    https://answers.ea.com/t5/Bug-Reports/bd-p/The-Sims-4-Bugs

    This one is the new career on day one: https://answers.ea.com/t5/Bug-Reports/WORKAROUND-MSP-Fashion-Photographer-Don-t-get-approved-pics-back/td-p/8112538

    Here is the compliled list some return some have been there since 2014 and these are the ones (pages and pages) of ones people bother to report.

    https://answers.ea.com/t5/Bug-Reports/READ-FIRST-Compiled-list-of-reported-Gameplay-Issues/td-p/3445209

    I think I've played with pretty much everything the game offers, even though I haven't tried the new career yet. The police career is one of my favorites and never had a problem with it, same with the doctor career. I have 2 vampires in my household, they work fine, and their house has a basement that has 3 levels in it and no problems there...the list goes on and on, guess I'm just lucky with these.

    Yes, the game is a bit buggy, but not broken. Besides, every game has bugs, other more annoying than the other. To me, Sims 4 is very much playable and not broken. The Sims 3 THAT is a broken game for everyone.
    axel_signature_kingdom_hearts_by_omnicraze-d6v.png

    Origin EA ID: Xaldin257 Friend request accepted.

    Some of my creations in the gallery use CC so remember to enable them in gallery's options to see them all.
  • mirta000mirta000 Posts: 2,891 Member
    jonilla1 wrote: »
    Yes, the game is a bit buggy, but not broken. Besides, every game has bugs, other more annoying than the other. To me, Sims 4 is very much playable and not broken. The Sims 3 THAT is a broken game for everyone.

    With simulation lag, time lag, teleporting and freezing of sims, I can not play even through 3 generations in The Sims 4. The Sims 3 is less broken for me.
    Hey you! Yeah you! Check out my The Sims 2 Prettacy Lets Play!
    And if that is not your cup of tea, how about some The Sims 3 Family Man Challenge?

Sign In or Register to comment.
Return to top