Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

I feel like Maxis is ending the series on The Sims 4

Comments

• Options
    MidnightAuraMidnightAura Posts: 5,809 Member
    edited September 2019
    jonilla1 wrote: »
    Cinebar wrote: »
    I find it odd that you say the game is broken, how does this manifest in your game? The only problem I have with the game is the 3x speed not working properly. The game is still very playable to me, even though I have tons of cc and all the packs up to Moschino Stuff installed.

There is a long list over on Answers.com that list most bugs people bother to report, some have been there for years. If you have the new stuff pack the career doesn't even work when you get to a certain level, so, you do have bugs you just don't see them since you may not play some parts of the game. There are dozens and dozens of bugs, but some won't see them if they never use or play all parts of a game.

In my own game, I can't tell you how many times the detective career gets rebroken and or the Lice freezer and or many other things concerning vampires. There are literally lists as long as my arm. And they are repeated and repeated. Right now, your basements are broken though you may not know it if you didn't build one more than one level. These aren't just bugs due to someone's machine but bugs anyone would see if they played the entire game parts.

You can spend a day in here:

https://answers.ea.com/t5/Bug-Reports/bd-p/The-Sims-4-Bugs

This one is the new career on day one: https://answers.ea.com/t5/Bug-Reports/WORKAROUND-MSP-Fashion-Photographer-Don-t-get-approved-pics-back/td-p/8112538

Here is the compliled list some return some have been there since 2014 and these are the ones (pages and pages) of ones people bother to report.

https://answers.ea.com/t5/Bug-Reports/READ-FIRST-Compiled-list-of-reported-Gameplay-Issues/td-p/3445209

I think I've played with pretty much everything the game offers, even though I haven't tried the new career yet. The police career is one of my favorites and never had a problem with it, same with the doctor career. I have 2 vampires in my household, they work fine, and their house has a basement that has 3 levels in it and no problems there...the list goes on and on, guess I'm just lucky with these.

Yes, the game is a bit buggy, but not broken. Besides, every game has bugs, other more annoying than the other. To me, Sims 4 is very much playable and not broken. The Sims 3 THAT is a broken game for everyone.

Speak for yourself - my sims 3 runs great. Smooth as butter. On one pc we have a rtx 2080 graphics card and the other a gtx 1080 My sims 4 has sims teleporting and with the odd bit of simulation lag. (Ironically the better better graphics card and newer pc has it worse) I use no mods, no cc and our rigs can and do run more demanding games with no issues. Definitely not the graphics cards.

To me a bit buggy is an understatement when describing the sims 4.

To the OP, on another forum I read that Sim Guru Duke was talking about extending the game for another five years. I don’t think the sims 4 is going anywhere. I don’t think the sims 5 will be what we think it will be either but then I have no hope for sims 5. I don’t think it’s coming.
    Post edited by MidnightAura on
  • Options
    ChadSims2ChadSims2 Posts: 5,090 Member
    Sims 5 will come when they're done milking the mess that is Sims 4 for all its worth.
    Sims 4 went from "You Rule" to "One of the stories we want you to tell"
  • Options
    EA_RtasEA_Rtas Posts: 2,875 EA Community Manager
    Hey folks, removed a post or two in here that weren't really constructive. Let's try and avoid comments like "screw it" and the like they're not really appropriate and realistically aren't adding to the thread as a whole. Carry on :)
  • Options
    CinebarCinebar Posts: 33,618 Member
    I find it odd that you say the game is broken, how does this manifest in your game? The only problem I have with the game is the 3x speed not working properly. The game is still very playable to me, even though I have tons of cc and all the packs up to Moschino Stuff installed.

There is a long list over on Answers.com that list most bugs people bother to report, some have been there for years. If you have the new stuff pack the career doesn't even work when you get to a certain level, so, you do have bugs you just don't see them since you may not play some parts of the game. There are dozens and dozens of bugs, but some won't see them if they never use or play all parts of a game.

In my own game, I can't tell you how many times the detective career gets rebroken and or the Lice freezer and or many other things concerning vampires. There are literally lists as long as my arm. And they are repeated and repeated. Right now, your basements are broken though you may not know it if you didn't build one more than one level. These aren't just bugs due to someone's machine but bugs anyone would see if they played the entire game parts.

This one is the new career on day one: https://answers.ea.com/t5/Bug-Reports/WORKAROUND-MSP-Fashion-Photographer-Don-t-get-approved-pics-back/td-p/8112538

Here is the compliled list some return some have been there since 2014 and these are the ones (pages and pages) of ones people bother to report.

https://answers.ea.com/t5/Bug-Reports/READ-FIRST-Compiled-list-of-reported-Gameplay-Issues/td-p/3445209

I think I've played with pretty much everything the game offers, even though I haven't tried the new career yet. The police career is one of my favorites and never had a problem with it, same with the doctor career. I have 2 vampires in my household, they work fine, and their house has a basement that has 3 levels in it and no problems there...the list goes on and on, guess I'm just lucky with these.

Yes, the game is a bit buggy, but not broken. Besides, every game has bugs, other more annoying than the other. To me, Sims 4 is very much playable and not broken. The Sims 3 THAT is a broken game for everyone.

A bit buggy? did you see the compiled list. I'm longing for the day when the status quo for gaming isn't the excuse 'every game has bugs'. If I go into why that should have never been the status quo for software I would go off topic. I digress. It's not a matter of whether the bugs exists in every save (perhaps not) but that others stopped playing or buying because of them. To them, me, it's broken enough to stop playing when it inteferes with what I was doing. To the OP it seems it was enough to stop playing a game they paid for and I think every part of a game should work because a consumer paid for it, and live service (patch or DLC) that broke it should have not been required and should give a refund if it breaks what they already have. But that's just me and my ethics.
    "Games Are Not The Place To Tell Stories, Games Are Meant To Let People Tell Their Own Stories"...Will Wright.
  • Options
    catloverplayercatloverplayer Posts: 93,395 Member
    mirta000 wrote: »
    Maxis is hiring for a new live service IP (so it's not just build it and forget it, it will require an update team to be on it) and there have been multiple statements that The Sims 4 still has years in it. I have a feeling that they're not working on Sims 5 and that they're not planning to work on The Sims 5. Some of you might go "well good!", but The Sims 4 is legitimately so broken that I can't play it and the longer we go on for, the more people will have a game that will break under its own weight due to all the DLC.

https://youtu.be/UXGB3HDOMjM

Thoughts?

I still think their working on Sims 5 right now and that's why Grant is no longer on the Sims 4. I hope they look at how Paralives will be while their making Sims 5.
  • Options
    PlayerSinger2010PlayerSinger2010 Posts: 3,267 Member
    Maxis is hiring for a new live service IP (so it's not just build it and forget it, it will require an update team to be on it) and there have been multiple statements that The Sims 4 still has years in it. I have a feeling that they're not working on Sims 5 and that they're not planning to work on The Sims 5. Some of you might go "well good!", but The Sims 4 is legitimately so broken that I can't play it and the longer we go on for, the more people will have a game that will break under its own weight due to all the DLC.

Thoughts?

I still think their working on Sims 5 right now and that's why Grant is no longer on the Sims 4. I hope they look at how Paralives will be while their making Sims 5.

I don't. Then they'll be accused of stealing from smaller creators.

And I certainly hope they don't go with the look of Paralives.
  • Options
    Sigzy05Sigzy05 Posts: 19,406 Member
    elelunicy wrote: »
    Except Maxis also had a job listings for a new AAA game in the The Sims franchise (which surely would be TS5, or maybe they won’t call it TS5, but still a new main The Sims game).

Tis true.
    mHdgPlU.jpg?1
  • Options
    MidnightAuraMidnightAura Posts: 5,809 Member

A bit buggy? did you see the compiled list. I'm longing for the day when the status quo for gaming isn't the excuse 'every game has bugs'. If I go into why that should have never been the status quo for software I would go off topic. I digress. It's not a matter of whether the bugs exists in every save (perhaps not) but that others stopped playing or buying because of them. To them, me, it's broken enough to stop playing when it inteferes with what I was doing. To the OP it seems it was enough to stop playing a game they paid for and I think every part of a game should work because a consumer paid for it, and live service (patch or DLC) that broke it should have not been required and should give a refund if it breaks what they already have. But that's just me and my ethics.

I agree. They shouldn’t be selling packs with features that are broken. Look how long Get to work took to fix. A modded fixed it before EA did which begs the question why a modder did it before they did.
  • Options
    To7mTo7m Posts: 5,467 Member
    Personally I no longer care. TS4 left such a bitter taste in my mouth I honestly don’t care if I never see another The Sims game again. I’d rather somebody else do it. TS5 is going to have to blow me of this planet for me to even give it a second glance. Once witches are here, I’ll probably not touch it again. I bought island paradise a couple of days ago and couldn’t even find the effort to take my sim further than swimming, stealing somebody’s boat, and trying to coax a mermaid into the water only to find I needed a shell which I couldn’t then find. I haven’t turned it back on since. Even my beloved vampires seem... meh, now.

This whole 5 years feels like 10 and I’m glad it’s over soon tbh.

—T
  • Options
    poisonedsodapoppoisonedsodapop Posts: 1,179 Member
    I have all the packs and 30gb of cc and mods and Sims 4 runs well for me. I wouldn't even attempt that with TS3 and that game is unplayable to me without being heavily modded.

As for the job listing, I find it odd that not only is it for a live-service Maxis game but it's also an unheard of studio. I'd say it's more likely it's a side studio working on a new IP rather than them switching gears. But that is still to be seen.
    Hoping some day for some toddlers. But also dreading they'll never come. JK THEY ARE HERE!
  • Options
    Olivesplum06Olivesplum06 Posts: 1,076 Member
    There’s NO way they’re done with The Sims series. It’s a HUGE money-maker for EA. I’d be more inclined to think that they’re gearing up for an really unique Sims game though. (Whether it be partially online or something) This series has slowly turned into less about what simmers want, and more about what’s trending or going to maximize their profits. Online/multiplayer is HUGE right now and I could absolutely see them trying to implement that in the next game.

As to TS4 issues, the only ones I have are related to toddlers (especially with the highchair) but the amount of packs shouldn’t be affecting your gameplay, it’s not TS3. I don’t even have that nice of a PC and my game runs very well.
  • Options
    BaglamukhiBaglamukhi Posts: 38 Member
    oof i hope not. we deserve a better sims game!!!
    open world, multitasking, emotions, the color wheel and all that jazz
  • Options
    simfriend1968simfriend1968 Posts: 578 Member
    I can run TS4 with every pack installed, a lot of cc, and high graphics settings with no crashes and minimal lag on my mediocre laptop; in contrast, I couldn't run TS3 on a very powerful PC with an excellent graphics card and tons of RAM, without it being heavily modded with NRAAs mods. There are still a few major issues with TS3 as well that have never been fixed to this day (some of which I have to fix by relying on NRAAs again).

I also have serious doubts that they will try running The Sims as a fully online game again after the 2013 SimCity debacle where players couldn't even save their own games individually and it was a huge failure and embarrassment with crashing servers, customers not being able to play for the first week, much smaller scale cities than people were used to, unusable areas, the inability to play off line at all (which they eventually had to sheepishly patch in a year later as the game was continuing to fail massively) problematic AI, and ongoing technical glitches. All of these disastrous decisions ended up leading to multiple firings, the terminations of some of the creative team's long careers at Maxis, and the essential abandonment of the game.

Then, along came City Skylines to do it all much better and more cheaply, further confirming what a complete catastrophe SimCity had been from beginning to end. Maybe, if they're stupid, EA will ultimately reveal that they learned nothing from this mess by trying to take the next iteration of the Sims fully online again, but I think it more likely that if they ever do try to implement an online mode for the Sims, they will have to provide the choice of an offline mode, where simmers can protect their sims and keep their neighborhoods inaccessible to others. I certainly would never want strangers even interacting with my sims, let alone coming into my neighbourhoods, houses and households to make changes or break up relationships. Ugh! The very thought makes me shudder.

Anyway, after the customizable stairs tool announcement today, I feel like there is a lot of life and possibility left in this franchise at the moment. Builders have literally been asking for a tool like this from the Sims games literally since TS1, and now that we are getting it as a free gift in honour of the fifth anniversary, it seems to augur well for the possibility that there will be more good updates -- with features simmers have been asking for forever -- coming to us in the future, possibly even for free with the basegame. At the very least, it makes it look like TS4 is a work in progress with future directions that we can't fully imagine yet.
  • Options

Thoughts?

What I meant was look at all the stuff that the base game of paralives is getting alone. Cars,Restuarents,Boats,Houseboats,Weather and Seasons,Pets etc.
  • Options
    Prink34320V2Prink34320V2 Posts: 156 Member
    I'm personally not experiencing any significant problems based off all the packs I own (all of them) on PC or console, but I'm sorry if you or anyone else is dealing with issues.

Regardless of what Maxis may want to do, EA is the head honcho and will keep making money off of The Sims until people stop buying the games.
  • Options
    aprilroseaprilrose Posts: 1,832 Member
    If they do call it quits after Sims 4 I honestly wouldn't mind it. I have been a fan for 20 years but honestly the game has run out of steam, excitement, gameplay and depth.
    Simming for 19 years!
    Family Tree
    Playing Mod & CC Free

• Options
    simfriend1968simfriend1968 Posts: 578 Member

Thoughts?

What I meant was look at all the stuff that the base game of paralives is getting alone. Cars,Restuarents,Boats,Houseboats,Weather and Seasons,Pets etc.

I am reserving judgment. I haven't seen any gameplay from Paralives yet, and the game is in the earliest stages of development. There's still a long, long way to go to a finished game. Yes, the build tools look fairly smooth (although definitely not superior to those we have in TS4, which are intuitive in their own right). Unfortunately, the picture they released of that silly dog in the party hat, inside a restaurant, was very low poly and unimpressive. I'll have to see how well everything is animated, what kind of gameplay, options and interactions there are, etc before I even consider buying it. After all, the Sims Mobile came with a "restaurant" too and working there is miserable, tedious grind, while having a sim eat there resembles nothing so much as eating in a cafeteria in lonely isolation. Just because the game has certain advertised features doesn't mean they'll necessarily be fun. I hope that's not the case -- I hope Paralives is like City Skylines, and will be good enough to light a fire under the Sims 4 team to keep making their game better, as well as giving players who like the Sims in general another, different life simulation game to amuse and satisfy them. The more the merrier. I do love The Sims as it is, though, in all its incarnations, and I think it will be a miracle if the new game manages to even match any individual game from the Sims series for fun and variety -- there's a lot in the Sims games that I think players take for granted or don't appreciate fully.
  • Options

Thoughts?

I am reserving judgment. I haven't seen any gameplay from Paralives yet, and the game is in the earliest stages of development. There's still a long, long way to go to a finished game. Yes, the build tools look fairly smooth (although definitely not superior to those we have in TS4, which are intuitive in their own right). Unfortunately, the picture they released of that silly dog in the party hat, inside a restaurant, was very low poly and unimpressive. I'll have to see how well everything is animated, what kind of gameplay, options and interactions there are, etc before I even consider buying it. After all, the Sims Mobile came with a "restaurant" too and working there is miserable, tedious grind, while having a sim eat there resembles nothing so much as eating in a cafeteria in lonely isolation. Just because the game has certain advertised features doesn't mean they'll necessarily be fun. I hope that's not the case -- I hope Paralives is like City Skylines, and will be good enough to light a fire under the Sims 4 team to keep making their game better, as well as giving players who like the Sims in general another, different life simulation game to amuse and satisfy them. The more the merrier. I do love The Sims as it is, though, in all its incarnations, and I think it will be a miracle if the new game manages to even match any individual game from the Sims series for fun and variety -- there's a lot in the Sims games that I think players take for granted or don't appreciate fully.

They say gameplay is coming in September.
  • Options
    StrawberryYogurtStrawberryYogurt Posts: 2,799 Member
    I doubt it. It makes too much money to not create another.
    The Sims has currently lost its identity. Bring it back for TS5

FixedCoarseFawn-max-1mb.gif

Personality,depth,humor,consequences,lore,customization.
  • Options
    JeanJean Posts: 1,243 Member
    I don't think TS4 is the last we'll hear of the Sims franchise, but I'm curious to see what road it'll take once TS4 stops producing packs (and even that will be a while, tbh).
    Also because there's a new game in development called Paralives, I'm just curious, idk.
  • Options
    mikamika Posts: 1,733 Member
    TS4 is the last single player, true to its style iteration. If we get a 5, it will be multiplayer. Mark my words. They are determined to convert over to that medium and only changed their mind last minute with TS4 because of budget concerns. And I will not be playing when they do. It's not Sims unless it's single player.
  • Options
    Lady_BalloraLady_Ballora Posts: 786 Member
    mika wrote: »
    TS4 is the last single player, true to its style iteration. If we get a 5, it will be multiplayer. Mark my words. They are determined to convert over to that medium and only changed their mind last minute with TS4 because of budget concerns. And I will not be playing when they do. It's not Sims unless it's single player.

We can't go around stating opinions as facts. I highly doubt EA even wants to think about another "SimCity 2013" disaster unless they are desperate to lose lots of money and a lot of their loyal fans. They're most likely to keep Sims 5 as a single player game. Besides,there are sooo many multi player games on the internet already...Minecraft....Roblox..Angry Birds Friends...I think Terrarium is a multi player game as well.
    Why do you hide inside these walls?
  • Options
    mikamika Posts: 1,733 Member
    mika wrote: »

We can't go around stating opinions as facts. I highly doubt EA even wants to think about another "SimCity 2013" disaster unless they are desperate to lose lots of money and a lot of their loyal fans. They're most likely to keep Sims 5 as a single player game. Besides,there are sooo many multi player games on the internet already...Minecraft....Roblox..Angry Birds Friends...I think Terrarium is a multi player game as well.

I stated a prediction, I never claimed it was fact. "There are multiplayers out there already" is not an argument and only proves my point. There are none out there that are like Sims and simulate life as well. But you are entitled to your naivete, I will stick to what I know better.
  • Options
    Zeldaboy180Zeldaboy180 Posts: 5,997 Member

Thoughts?

Can you remind me of the specs of your PC? Because if I remember unless I'm thinking of someone else, your PC was very on the low end side, which wouldn't be the games fault.
    e68338c368f106ae784e73111955bd86.png
  • Options
    simmerLellasimmerLella Posts: 613 Member
    edited September 2019
    After doing what feels like emotional extortion by saying if we don't buy TS4, "there may not be a Sims 5," they'd better not. Some of us were inspired to buy and spend more because of that. I love the Sims and want Sims 5. That comment's been in my head this whole time. I can't say for sure what it did or did not influence, because I can't wipe it from my memory and test. I probably did excuse some overspending on this.

If they go back on that, a lot of people will be mad. I'd be furious.

Because of that comment, and the money we spent on TS4, they owe us Sims 5.

Also (I agree!) The Sims 4 is too broken to be Sims Forever. Pick a GOOD base game without the issues in early development and launch ... or maybe that won't even work. The Sims 4 is already pretty bugged out the wazoo, and they probably won't be ready for this kind of longterm approach until they figure out how to clean out code to prevent spaghetti, fix any serious base game issues or core features we hate, etc. I haven't heard the gaming industry has had that eureka moment like that in tech advancement. Either way, let's move on from Sims 4.

ETA: I usually skip videos but I watched a bit and UGH! "Mobile" ... "PC and mobile" ... No. :frowning: "Mobile experience" ... UGH, WHY?! No! Bad! :frowning:
    "Challenge everything"
    My Game Twitter
    tumblr_inline_pwgxs3dfiz1t4sbjh_500.jpg
    EA, fix the EA app & CAW EIG!