Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

How do you stay busy until RoM releases?

Just curious to know how you guys stay busy while waiting. Not that much time left to wait, fortunately, but still feels like way too much. I really like my current save, but I'm also a bit iffy about continuing certain storylines in it before RoM comes out - because magic would compliment some of them really, really well. I'm also super disappointed we didn't get a trailer or blog post or anything new to dissect, so I limit my time on the forums as well xD Currently, I've settled on mostly playing Vampyr until RoM is finally here :D What about you???

How do you stay busy until RoM releases? 196 votes

Continue my game as usual, impatiently waiting for RoM
20%
bshag4lvBlkBarbiegalaelias24Phierakittenjonilla1Writin_RegIsb917SimburianDglbr1969AuroraBoreallisMariefoxprice83simgirl1010MagdaleenaloubyloulouMindofyAngellulugothprincess4everGlimmer50DreamOperatorpapertongue 41 votes
Continue my game as usual, not thinking much about RoM
12%
alexspoom13storyyHowGreatThouArtMartinvSleepycatDSLSimpatsyannsekojranaldmarkomjalletcherparSelinaKylesSimmerMarsEnkiSchmidtmusteniandrifloralneyAmandèlehermioniaPatriceWispye 25 votes
Can't play my game at all until RoM comes out
7%
KolbyoveronAnmirlaKalaniCoolDeathCoil13Foxrox77AmaraRenaCelebrityWizardBOYSergio_gatitoJediMuppetCheetahAlyssanerdfashionamber_ilumire 14 votes
Can't play certain saves until RoM comes out
2%
mmb_abrpammiechickQuaayladynight 4 votes
Playing something else
16%
CK213JeanIcewolfIceyJRainbowSimQueenPlayerSinger2010Moon_WillowNivyxVuloriWinterKhirintaydevTheSpeakerJACKIEJOYcheesetruckbixtersMoonfoxNightcryCynel1EvaliynHermitgirlSayoLoire 32 votes
Preparing for RoM by building, making sims or setting up stories
21%
Akl500Phoneypooh1267KamioDerellaLaBlue0314sunhair2008xosummerloverxoWrenryjadevkdeaallenilovejewel17miss_simlishscoedstilljustme2wrenstalesalex_alex09ashcrash19Hestiarevgrvhalloweenchild 43 votes
I will not be buying RoM
2%
kass17Destin2016simmerLellapinneduphair 4 votes
I am buying RoM for BB / CAS only, so it won't affect my stories anyway
4%
Paigeisin5Vivi_WillowTreebirdonawireEvie0602sofasimLady_BalloraSimAlexandriaarae9 8 votes
Other
12%
verlainemKita5399NighteyesCabelle1863love7680elanorbretonalanmichael1isaiahzaycatloverplayerfullspiralSindocatFelicity1169annaliese39rjssimSims4MagicalTalesOldeseadoggeAquaGamer1212EgonVMSimaniteSimTrippy 25 votes

Comments

• Options
    SimTrippySimTrippy Posts: 7,651 Member
    Other
    (FYI, I picked Other because it will be a combination: playing mostly Vampyr, but also starting to set up certain stories and choosing what sims get to be magical or if new ones will need to be created :D)
  • Options
    nerdfashionnerdfashion Posts: 5,947 Member
    Can't play my game at all until RoM comes out
    I just can't. Otherwise, it'll mess up all the stories I have in my head, so I have to wait until I get it! So for now, I just play other games and watch TV.
    funny-gifs20.gif

• Options
    GordyGordy Posts: 3,022 Member
    I'm slowly prepping my world with family lines, buildings and businesses. Once RoM is out, I want to focus entirely on magic without worrying about anything else.
    TS1_dragons_hatching.jpg
    The Sims 4 hasn't introduced a new musical instrument since 2017
  • Options
    PlayerSinger2010PlayerSinger2010 Posts: 3,267 Member
    Playing something else
    I've been playing TS3... but I think I might load up TS4 and fill in some of the things in Newcrest that I usually do when I start a new save.
  • Options
    HermitgirlHermitgirl Posts: 8,825 Member
    Playing something else
    I have PEPS really bad right now and I'm kind of paralyzed game play wise. I can go into the game but can't focus on what I was doing before as much, because I'm constantly thinking about what will come. I really want to actually build or convert some lots for Glimmerbrook but I don't know the lot sizes or orientations (horizontal or vertical facing). I know what families I want to put there and that's basically all I can think about lol. I kind of hate it because I was having fun in my game before they announced the release date for ROM. I guess I can do some other prep but it's not calling me today (hurricane a coming). I'm mostly playing busy-work games with down time right now.
    egTcBMc.png
  • Options
    BlkBarbiegalBlkBarbiegal Posts: 7,924 Member
    Also, I am setting up an ice cream shop in Del Sol. I can't seem to find any 30x30 shop on the gallery. And like @Hermitgirl I keep thinking about everything RoM. I currently have 3 witch houses in Windenberg. I may want to move them to Glimmerbrook. Maybe keep one in Windenberg. Anyway, I have so many ideas.
    Me on:
    Twitch jovi_jov
    Twitter BarbieSimmy
    Origin SimsBarbie
  • Options
    Pamtastic72Pamtastic72 Posts: 4,545 Member
    I’ve been setting up a decades save starting in 1910, since The beginning of July. I’m almost done with the set up and am ready to play. I don’t know if RoM will factor into that save yet but Glimmerbrook sure will. I have a template save that I will use to make a new save in which to fully explore RoM. I totally see Bella & Cassandra Goth aspiring to be spell casters as well as Ulrike Faust, and probably at least one sim of my own creation. Perhaps they will be in a coven together or in competition with each other, I haven’t totally decided yet.
  • Options
    Other
    Also, I am setting up an ice cream shop in Del Sol. I can't seem to find any 30x30 shop on the gallery. And like @Hermitgirl I keep thinking about everything RoM. I currently have 3 witch houses in Windenberg. I may want to move them to Glimmerbrook. Maybe keep one in Windenberg. Anyway, I have so many ideas.

Hmm an ice cream shop. That sounds like a great idea, actually, I might steal this one day :D
  • Options
    rjssimrjssim Posts: 1,339 Member
    edited August 2019
    Other
    I'm keeping busy by playing TS4, and I finally started playing Skyrim. I put my Sims into Skyrim using the creation kit.
  • Options
    gothiclandgrabbsgothiclandgrabbs Posts: 94 Member
    Other
    SIMS 3
  • Options
    akasevenakaseven Posts: 279 Member
    I'm very looking forward to ROM, this is a fact. But I had created a plot twist on my legacy that involves just getting ready for ROM, even before the trailer, so I'm following my story and when ROM arrives I'll be stuck with merging or exploring the gamepack. Overall if it was another time I would probably expect to launch to play again, but I need to arrange everything when ROM arrives
  • Options
    InuMiroLoverInuMiroLover Posts: 1,184 Member
    Other
    Im with Other since Im a mix of a couple things.

I am still playing, and though I dont really "plan" for a new pack, Im aiming on re-downloading the Goths (again) in my main save since for their story magic returns after centuries of dormancy in their ancestral bloodline. Either Cassandra or Alex will be creating a new generation of spellcasters.
  • Options
    EgonVMEgonVM Posts: 4,937 Member
    Other
    Studying, programming, and making YouTube videos about The Sims 4.
  • Options
    LaBlue0314LaBlue0314 Posts: 17,436 Member
    I'm actually setting up a save for ROM, but it is mainly just getting the community lots put in. I've already done the work, and have saved them to my library. Also the same for the sims, and adding a few other family groups as well. I'm adding buildings to a few empty lots but leaving a few empty to add later after ROM is added.
  • Options
    DerellaDerella Posts: 765 Member
    I've been in CAS the whole time, basically.
  • Options
    MDianaSimsMDianaSims Posts: 4,177 Member
    I plan on making a new save for RoM, to properly figure out how spellcasters work. In the meantime I still play my other saves, as I don't really have plans to integrate spellcasters in those anytime soon.
    I do have to say my motivation to build is lacking, as I really want the new stuff to build with.
    Gallery ID: MDianaSims | Simblr
  • Options
    wrenstaleswrenstales Posts: 777 Member
    I am currently playing Island living and starting to make lots and characters for Rom. I have made a group of teens merfolk, and have been researching on Merfolk homes. I have decided to create a lot with shipwrecks and Caves that can be used by all sim types. Hence it will lead to basement under the sea.
  • Options
    WallSims4everWallSims4ever Posts: 755 Member
    I decided to defeat the Mother since I hadn't done it before. Just as I expected, it was quite boring. But I did come up with a nice family to play through StrangerVille so I might keep playing with my StrangerVille Hero until RoM comes out.
  • Options
    MasonGamerMasonGamer Posts: 8,851 Member
    edited September 2019
    I’ve been preparing for years lol. So when Magic did finally come my story can just begin.

Been doing the same with werewolves, my werewolves are created, and their house is fully built and furnished, their story is ready to begin but it's on hold until we get werewolves game pack.
    Post edited by MasonGamer on
    Realm of Magic:

My Mood:

tumblr_nlbf3b0Jyb1qkheaxo5_250.gif
  • Options
    SimmyFroggySimmyFroggy Posts: 1,762 Member
    I know which Sims are going to go exploring magic but since I tend to play with aging off, continuing to play those saves doesn't mess up my plans (look, I have attachment issues, I can't let them die, ever!). I've also been tinkering with builds a little, but I want to wait for RoM BB stuff to go exploring that. So I just keep playing and checking the calendar to see if it's the 10th yet :D
  • Options
    WolfNateWolfNate Posts: 2,340 Member
    I'm playing on and off too antsy to own RoM really
    Occultism in Sims is family-friendly and should not be watered down to cater to realism players
  • Options
    CK213CK213 Posts: 20,529 Member
    Playing something else
    I have a story line going that ROM will make a nice contribution to.
    I've tried playing to move it along, but I just get so bored with the game, I quit.
    I am having fun with another play-through of Skyrim right now.
    The%20Goths.png?width=1920&height=1080&fit=bounds
  • Options
    edited August 2019
    Other
    I know which Sims are going to go exploring magic but since I tend to play with aging off, continuing to play those saves doesn't mess up my plans (look, I have attachment issues, I can't let them die, ever!). I've also been tinkering with builds a little, but I want to wait for RoM BB stuff to go exploring that. So I just keep playing and checking the calendar to see if it's the 10th yet :D

Lol I get it though, I often put ageing off in between when I'm really not ready yet to see certain sims die (or when my setup gets so convoluted and complex that I need more time to properly play each family's story to its intended conclusion xD). I've even turned two elders into vampires just so that they would live forever because I love them too much 😁 hopefully RoM gives some new satisfying ways to prolong life.
  • Options
    WolfNateWolfNate Posts: 2,340 Member

I turn aging off mostly cuz they age too fast and I'm really slow at getting their aspirations
    Occultism in Sims is family-friendly and should not be watered down to cater to realism players
  • Options
    SimaniteSimanite Posts: 4,833 Member
    edited August 2019
    Other
    I'm having a break from the Sims to finish my last University assignment. It's due next Friday, so I'll have the weekend to recover and than play RoM on Tuesday (even though it's not a theme I really care for, I have to give it a shot)!