Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Strangerville or Jungle Adventure?

There’s a sale on at Origin and I don’t have these 2 packs. They both look really good and I can’t decide which one to get.
Any recommendations would be much appreciated. :)
Thanks in advance.
* Origin ID: lacerose88 *
edited-image_1.png

Strangerville or Jungle Adventure? 111 votes

Strangerville
27%
lisamwittelanorbretonalanmichael1AngelluluVuloriDeathCoil13LustianiciaHestiaKhrisstyneClassicalSimBabykittyjadeMoonfoxNightcryfullspiralannaliese39SummerStreakSavvySimmierjssimEnkiSchmidtHermitgirlmusteni 31 votes
Jungle Adventure
72%
CK213bshag4lvjwatsonGoldmoldarSimsprocfunJeanGRIMMYKita5399Icewolfalexspoom13love7680rudolphaPlayerSinger2010AlrynnIsb917AnmirlaMariefoxprice83JestTruMoon_WillowAjaGio 80 votes

Comments

• Options
    WolfNateWolfNate Posts: 2,340 Member
    Jungle Adventure
    Unless you want an Aspiration that is basically an RPG and alien brainwashing plants... I'd go with JA you can get skeletons which are hilarious and get really rich and solve puzzles hunting Indiana Jones styled dohickies
    Occultism in Sims is family-friendly and should not be watered down to cater to realism players
  • Options
    lisamwittlisamwitt Posts: 5,127 Member
    edited August 2019
    Strangerville
    I debated between the same two when I bought Strangerville this weekend. They both appear to have quest gameplay, just with slightly different themes. Strangerville's has a Stranger Things vibe, with a Strangetown-type neighborhood. I'm enjoying it so far. And the one time quest thing doesn't really bother me. World Adventures had that, and this is like a mini-version of it. (I wouldn't have paid full price for what it has, but I've bought all my Sims 4 content on sale.)
    What really sold me on it in the end was, can I live and build there? I like to build and move my Sims around a lot. And our neighborhoods all have such limited lot space/sizes, that I need more.
    Gallery ID: LadyGray01
  • Options
    XxAirixXXxAirixX Posts: 2,567 Member
    Jungle Adventure
    While I liked both, I can see why not everyone would like Strangerville and you do get more use out of Jungle Adventure. Once you solve the mystery, Strangerville just becomes another world unless you choose to do it all over again for another sim and I can see how that might get tiresome. It's still fun from time to time, as some nice cas items, the world you can live in and has the military, so it is not horrible; but I would recommend Jungle Adventure first as there is more to do overall.
  • Options
    Mariefoxprice83Mariefoxprice83 Posts: 8,132 Member
    Jungle Adventure
    Strangerville has some interesting content but I get a lot more use out of Jungle Adventure.
    Better to reign in Hell, than serve in Heaven.
  • Options
    SimTrippySimTrippy Posts: 7,651 Member
    edited August 2019
    Strangerville
    I've had - and am still having - more fun with Strangerville but both are relatively niche so it's hard to tell which one you'd prefer.

Personally, I think the military career is miles better than being an archaeologist (especially since that isn't even a real career), I love the mystery more than I like the temples (which I find less interesting gameplay wise as well as for their story potential), I think the atmosphere in Strangerville is amazing, and I absolutely adore my military base there (which is entirely possible to make with this career).

Plus, it's a livable world, not a vacation world. The jungle is beautiful, mind you, and I like taking the odd vacation there. There are things about it genuinely enjoy. My sims just really don't vacation all that much (that's why none of them ever skill up in herbalism either xD). So yes, if I could only have one, I'd keep Strangerville hands down.
    Post edited by SimTrippy on
  • Options
    annaliese39annaliese39 Posts: 2,797 Member
    Strangerville
    Oops, I chose Strangerville but I actually meant Jungle Adventure! Sorry, my fingers are too fast for my brain sometimes. It depends on how you play, but I personally prefer and get far more use out of Jungle Adventure. I haven't actually explored the jungle properly yet, although I am really looking forward to my sim learning archaeology and the Selvadoradian culture skill and collecting all the relics etc. I also really love the CAS and BB items. Strangerville has some nice BB items too and I do really like the world, but I prefer open sandbox gameplay and creating my own stories.
  • Options
    BlkBarbiegalBlkBarbiegal Posts: 7,924 Member
    Hard decision between these two packs.

Strangville-Military career, creepy people, new world....

Jungle Adventure-Fun adventure, collecting, skeletons you can add to your household, new dance, food, new crops, beautiful world
    Me on:
    Twitch jovi_jov
    Twitter BarbieSimmy
    Origin SimsBarbie
  • Options
    MaggieMarleyMaggieMarley Posts: 5,299 Member
    Jungle Adventure
    Strangerville is good... But JA is amazing. I go to Selvadorada a lot with my sims.
  • Options
    Jungle Adventure
    Also if you have Vampires you can basically get loot faster doing temple runs.
    Occultism in Sims is family-friendly and should not be watered down to cater to realism players
  • Options
    SimAlexandriaSimAlexandria Posts: 4,845 Member
    Jungle Adventure
    This is a hard one because I love both packs a lot. But I think I would say jungle. I would play it more often because of the collectibles and I really love the world
  • Options
    PlayerSinger2010PlayerSinger2010 Posts: 3,267 Member
    Jungle Adventure
    I like Jungle Adventure because you can ignore the quests without having to worry about running into zombiefied sims. ;)
  • Options
    stilljustme2stilljustme2 Posts: 25,082 Member
    Jungle Adventure
    I find I use items from JA more than SV, like the kitchen, the round table and such. I love Selvadorada; sometimes I'll just send my artists there to paint the landscape instead of going out exploring or digging up dirt clumps especially now that we have the digital sketch pad, so I find it a lot more replayable. The town of Strangerville feels a bit meh after solving the mystery, though I love the houses on the bluff and have been remodeling some of them to use in other worlds.
    Check out my Gallery! Origin ID: justme22
    Fun must be always -- Tomas Hertl (San Jose Sharks hockey player)
  • Options
    mehbellemehbelle Posts: 189 Member
    Thanks everyone for the feed back.
    I think I’ll go for Jungle Adventure It sounds like I’d enjoy it more. (I’ll get Strangerville at some point, maybe next sale) :)
    * Origin ID: lacerose88 *
    edited-image_1.png
  • Options
    Jungle Adventure
    mehbelle wrote: »
    Thanks everyone for the feed back.
    I think I’ll go for Jungle Adventure It sounds like I’d enjoy it more. (I’ll get Strangerville at some point, maybe next sale) :)

Vampire Life State if your into that 'breaks' the challenge of the jungle (as the only 'time' you'd really can buy supplies are in day but for temple finding and exploring you'll basically defeat the challenge as you only have 4 needs and thuscan take like 2 days grabbing every artifact)

Also The temple changes every vacation not day.
  • Options
    ashcrash19ashcrash19 Posts: 4,426 Member
    Jungle Adventure
    Jungle Adventure is great for having your own stories and coming back to it since the temples change. Strangerville has a great RPG aspect but it's decently short. The world and CAS/build are great though. Overall, I'd say JA gives a bit more bang for the buck if you can't get both.
    "Not All Who Wander Are Lost"-Tolkien
    Origin ID: simaddict1990
  • Options
    HermitgirlHermitgirl Posts: 8,825 Member
    Strangerville
    I use Strangerville more personally. I will say if you don't like the idea behind it .. you might not like it. I did and I love it and really needed the military career. In the end I can live there in that world and that would put it over the edge for me. They are both great packs though.
    egTcBMc.png
  • Options
    happyopihappyopi Posts: 1,355 Member
    Strangerville
    They're both good, but Strangerville is more fun.
  • Options
    LiELFLiELF Posts: 6,538 Member
    Both! They're both awesome in different ways, as many people have explained. That's a very hard decision and does depend on personal play style. They both fit mine so I'd have a hard time choosing.

I think, in the end, I'm inclined to go with Jungle Adventure because I'm always longing to return to that amazing jungle and its dangers. <3
    #Team Occult
  • Options
    DerellaDerella Posts: 765 Member
    Neither! I've played through each one once. :p
  • Options
    WallSims4everWallSims4ever Posts: 755 Member
    Jungle Adventure
    Definitely JA. Much more replayability and Selvadorada is one of most beautiful worlds we have. Strangerville is the worst GP imho.
  • Options
    CrownSimsCrownSims Posts: 470 Member
    Jungle Adventure
    Jungle Adventure has a lot more bang for your buck!
  • Options
    KimmerKimmer Posts: 2,405 Member
    Jungle Adventure
    I love both of them, but JA has my favorite build and buy items. I love Selvadorada, exploring the jungle & temples and even just going on a vacation in there. Selvadorada is a beautiful place and I love the whole atmosphere in there. I also love the archaeology skill and all the possibilities of earning a lot of money with it.
  • Options
    BlkBarbiegalBlkBarbiegal Posts: 7,924 Member
    Kimmer wrote: »
    I love both of them, but JA has my favorite build and buy items. I love Selvadorada, exploring the jungle & temples and even just going on a vacation in there. Selvadorada is a beautiful place and I love the whole atmosphere in there. I also love the archaeology skill and all the possibilities of earning a lot of money with it.

I have my sims do that as well.

Me on:
    Twitch jovi_jov
    Twitter BarbieSimmy
    Origin SimsBarbie
  • Options
    catloverplayercatloverplayer Posts: 93,532 Member
    Jungle Adventure
    Jungle Adventures if for any reason it's a great camping spot and that gorgeous waterfall is so relaxing plus it puts your sims in a flirty mood. I suggest you have Outdoor Retreat if your going to get Jungle Adventures so your sims can set up a tent and use the coolers.
  • Options
    BrinnBrinn Posts: 327 Member
    Jungle Adventure
    Selvadorada is a good place to have a vacation in, even if you don't plan to explore the jungle. Besides, it gives some adventuring experience for all types of characters. It matches perfectly with Outdoor Retreat tents and firepits.
    Strangerville has a very specific storyline. Though there are no requirements, I think your character must be sort of a scientist to match the storyline. I've begun to explore Strangerville mystery with my rogue character, but when it came to creating vaccines it just felt wrong to me.
    I have both packs and I like them. However, I would prefer to buy JA before Strangerville.