Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

RoM: Choose your familiar!

Comments

• Options
    nerdfashionnerdfashion Posts: 5,947 Member

mika wrote: »
    oygKQDbP_200x200.png

It's probably this one that'll fit the sim I created for Realm of Magic.
    funny-gifs20.gif

• Options
    scoedscoed Posts: 91 Member
    OK on this familiar:

YodDUYvX_200x200.png

We know the name give for it by SimGuruFrost is Leafbatpig.

https://twitter.com/SimGuruFrost/status/1163884377379500033

SimGuruChowder ran around twitter posting ultra cute pictures of bats and replying "oink" to everything.

Given those two facts it is clear it is a bat and a pig hybrid. Likely with the official name of "leafbatpig" but maybe not. So those saying it is a pig are correct as are those saying it is a bat. Calling it a leaf may also be correct. It is all those things at least in part.

Sorry to say I have not seen a screenshot of it in game. But the very concept makes me smile. I will have one. Heck, this is like Pokemon, Gotta catch them all. They even have Pokeballs. Just ask SimGuruRomeo. LOL

https://twitter.com/SimGuruRomeo/status/1163874718463643648

• Options
    AngelluluAngellulu Posts: 634 Member
    I think for myself I'll go with the derpy green frog dragon thing 😆💕
  • Options
    MasonGamerMasonGamer Posts: 8,851 Member
    edited August 2019
    Sigh...

I guess the crow or the Dragon... although I'd have to see what what the dragon actually looks like...
    I might just use my pet Husky, Cronus to be my Familiar or my Cat Nylah
    Post edited by MasonGamer on
    Realm of Magic:

My Mood:

tumblr_nlbf3b0Jyb1qkheaxo5_250.gif
  • Options
    mikamika Posts: 1,733 Member
    WolfNate wrote: »
    @Gordy Someone else who appreciates what Bats are cuddly lil flying rodents.

I'm just seeing lots of Simmers call that Familiar a pig when as a bat fanatic I can tell quite clearly it's a bat and just annoys me to no end calling it a leaf pig...

I don't like bats. Pigs are cuter.
  • Options
    SimTrippySimTrippy Posts: 7,651 Member
    edited August 2019
    Black cat, phoenix, owl!
  • Options
    comicsforlifecomicsforlife Posts: 9,585 Member
    Dragon
    more for sim kids and more drama please
  • Options
    MaggieMarleyMaggieMarley Posts: 5,299 Member
    edited August 2019
    I would’ve said dragon but that picture doesn’t look so great. I do like the look of the Phoenix, Veild (skeleton-goat) and starry owl, though.
    XxAirixX wrote: »
    Out of the choices on the list, the crow. But I already know I am going to make Mayor Whiskers one of my familiars.
    Me too! I’ve had Mayor Whiskers living with my family as a ghost for 7 generations and I think a ghost cat would be a great familiar.
  • Options
    stilljustme2stilljustme2 Posts: 25,082 Member
    I'm probably going to create my own -- if you have Cats & Dogs you can create a pet then bind it as your familiar. You can also send it out to fetch magical ingredients which I'm not sure if you can do with the other characters. I'm going to experiment with different types of cats and dogs to see which work the best for my spellcasters.
    Check out my Gallery! Origin ID: justme22
    Fun must be always -- Tomas Hertl (San Jose Sharks hockey player)
  • Options
    ryttu3kryttu3k Posts: 1,148 Member
    @Gordy Someone else who appreciates what Bats are cuddly lil flying rodents.

I'm just seeing lots of Simmers call that Familiar a pig when as a bat fanatic I can tell quite clearly it's a bat and just annoys me to no end calling it a leaf pig...

I don't like bats. Pigs are cuter.

Hot take: bats and pigs are both adorable.
  • Options
    PandoopPandoop Posts: 702 Member
    F9MFASl.png

This precious boy.
  • Options
    WolfNateWolfNate Posts: 2,340 Member
    Btw You can have all ten of the lil dudes and dudettes and whatever it is.
    Occultism in Sims is family-friendly and should not be watered down to cater to realism players
  • Options
    AbraKadabraAbraKadabra Posts: 304 Member
    i'm gonna wait till I see more of them. But since we can make pets our familiars, one family is def gonna have a fox.
  • Options
    DerellaDerella Posts: 765 Member
    oygKQDbP_200x200.png

LfEiTWEw_200x200.png

One of these 2, I think. And/or a bog-standard black cat.
  • Options
    s_KwZ4xJ_200x200.png

You people with your standard fantasy choices who doesn't want a demilich as a spirit animal?!
    Occultism in Sims is family-friendly and should not be watered down to cater to realism players
  • Options
    MondayMonday Posts: 385 Member
    Oh gosh. I'm here for the bat pictures. I love them all.

I'd go with the crow, the green lizard thing because of Dungeons and Dragons reasons, and maybe the leaf bat. Also likely a classic black cat because of personal reasons . Also the floating skull because of other video game reasons.
    a63ftuN.png
  • Options
    Mariefoxprice83Mariefoxprice83 Posts: 8,109 Member
    Dragon or owl, initially. Who knows, I might even bite the bullet and get Cats and Dogs one day, depending on how much I enjoy familiars.
    Better to reign in Hell, than serve in Heaven.
  • Options
    RavenSpitRavenSpit Posts: 1,387 Member
    edited August 2019
    OMG there's a BUNNY! A flying evil BUNNY!!! I am in love now <3

but wait, where are the fairies? Didn't they say fairies could be familiars too?
    Gallery ID: ra7orrat

• Options
    GoldmoldarGoldmoldar Posts: 11,966 Member
    edited August 2019
    The fire bird is called a phoenix by the way. the goat one, because it seems satanic... I love it!

Yes, it is also called an Magic Bird of Fire as well.
    Omen by HP Intel®️ Core™️ i9- 12900K W/ RGB Liquid Cooler 32GB Nvidia RTX 3080 10Gb ASUS Ultra-Wide 34" Curved Monitor. Omen By HP Intel® Core™ i7-12800HX 32 GB Nvidia 3070 Ti 8 GB 17.3 Screen
  • Options
    GoldmoldarGoldmoldar Posts: 11,966 Member
    edited August 2019
    I love my Black cat which also is an familar and I love cats in RL, But it will be that the annoying crow because of Edgar Allen Poe use of them in his short stories.
    Post edited by Goldmoldar on
    Omen by HP Intel®️ Core™️ i9- 12900K W/ RGB Liquid Cooler 32GB Nvidia RTX 3080 10Gb ASUS Ultra-Wide 34" Curved Monitor. Omen By HP Intel® Core™ i7-12800HX 32 GB Nvidia 3070 Ti 8 GB 17.3 Screen
  • Options
    RavenSpit wrote: »

but wait, where are the fairies? Didn't they say fairies could be familiars too?

That frog and bunny strike me as inherently 'faiury' they said fairy they didn't say 'tinkerbell like fairy'
  • Options
    mustenimusteni Posts: 5,406 Member
    Tough choice but going with the bunny >:)
  • Options
    RavenSpitRavenSpit Posts: 1,387 Member
    RavenSpit wrote: »

That frog and bunny strike me as inherently 'faiury' they said fairy they didn't say 'tinkerbell like fairy'

that is true.
    Well, I got my evil bunny so I am happy anyways ^^
    Gallery ID: ra7orrat

• Options
    MorkovkaMorkovka Posts: 662 Member
    Leafbatpig (what a cutie!) for my Alchemist (Gardener and Herbalist so far).
    Other than that probably Owl and Dragon.
    Skull or Crow for a baddie.
  • Options
    Morkovka wrote: »
    Leafbatpig (what a cutie!) for my Alchemist (Gardener and Herbalist so far).
    Other than that probably Owl and Dragon.
    Skull or Crow for a baddie.

Just cuz it's a skull doesn't mean it's evil :(