Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

What spells and potions are you expecting?

I'm really excited about RoM, everything looks perfect to me, the only thing I'm kind of worried about is what are the spells and potions going to be.

I really hope they have insteresting, different fun effects, and not things like "no need to sleep" "become focused" or "learn skills quickly".

What type of effects would you like to see?

Comments

• Options
    simgirl1010simgirl1010 Posts: 35,873 Member
    I'd love to be able to conjure food.
  • Options
    SiliCloneSiliClone Posts: 2,585 Member
    Block or reset aging.
  • Options
    nerdfashionnerdfashion Posts: 5,947 Member
    edited August 2019
    I don't know, but I want a potion or curse that will turn the victim into a llama human >:)
    funny-gifs20.gif

• Options
    GordyGordy Posts: 3,022 Member
    edited August 2019
    Practical:
    • Something to help gardens grow and evolve faster.
    • Conjuring up a meal.
    • Instantly cleaning up a lot or room.
    • Banishing troublesome guests from your lot, including ghosts.
    • Instant repairs to broken items.
    • Teleportation.
    • A spell that lets you speak to animals/familiars and have conversations with them.

Mischief:
    • I'm pretty sure they've been deconfirmed, but transforming sims into toads was so awesome back in Makin' Magic.
    • Bringing gnomes and lawn flamingos to life, bonus if they have individual personalities, like the Grim Reaper gnome trying to attack the others.
    • You know what? Those fish and frogs you can collect can transform, too. Give us giant frogs and fish.
    • Spells to change a sim's weight or muscle mass, just to mess with them.
    • Enslaving sims through mind-control.
    • Turning pets into humans, or the other way around.
    • A spell to wipe away all moodlets. Sims 4's (weak) answer to Tabula Rasa, basically.
    • Maybe spells to make items explode, destroying the item and causing fires in the vicinity. An evil sim could go onto a community lot and wreck everyone's fun.
    • Spells to make a sim's clothes invisible. Not for anything dirty or anything. I just thought it would be funny to make them involuntarily streak. I have a really evil sim who would love to destroy reputations and cause endless misery.
    • A spell to randomly change a sim's outfit, accessories, hair color and eye color. Now we have a backstory for all of those horribly-dressed townies.
    • A stink bomb spell that makes sims stink.
    • A bunch of jinxes to mess with people in other ways.

Untamed:
    • Battle spells. I don't want magical duels to just be something we just sit back and watch. That can be fun sometimes, but actually choosing which spells to use would make the duels feel more epic and involves. Sadly, I don't think we'll get this.
    • Raise the dead and make zombies.

Potions
    • We have an eternal youth potion, but what about something in the opposite range? A potion that takes days away from a sim's current life stage, making them die that much sooner.
    • Maybe an aging or de-aging potion, too.
    • A potion that will turn the drinker to stone for several sim days. Bonus if there's a way to prolong this and essentially make it permanent, so I can have a garden of statues.
    TS1_dragons_hatching.jpg
    The Sims 4 hasn't introduced a new musical instrument since 2017
  • Options
    happyopihappyopi Posts: 1,355 Member
    edited August 2019
    I'm not going in blind because we've seen the four-leaf clover potion, but I really miss the Lucky trait from TS3 and I'm glad luck is coming back in one form or another.
  • Options
    WallSims4everWallSims4ever Posts: 755 Member
    edited August 2019
    Gordy wrote: »
    Practical:
    • Something to help gardens grow and evolve faster.
    • Conjuring up a meal.
    • Instantly cleaning up a lot or room.
    • Banishing troublesome guests from your lot, including ghosts.
    • Instant repairs to broken items.
    • Teleportation.
    • A spell that lets you speak to animals/familiars and have conversations with them.

Mischief:
    • I'm pretty sure they've been deconfirmed, but transforming sims into toads was so awesome back in Makin' Magic.
    • Bringing gnomes and lawn flamingos to life, bonus if they have individual personalities, like the Grim Reaper gnome trying to attack the others.
    • You know what? Those fish and frogs you can collect can transform, too. Give us giant frogs and fish.
    • Spells to change a sim's weight or muscle mass, just to mess with them.
    • Enslaving sims through mind-control.
    • Turning pets into humans, or the other way around.
    • A spell to wipe away all moodlets. Sims 4's (weak) answer to Tabula Rasa, basically.
    • Maybe spells to make items explode, destroying the item and causing fires in the vicinity. An evil sim could go onto a community lot and wreck everyone's fun.
    • Spells to make a sim's clothes invisible. Not for anything dirty or anything. I just thought it would be funny to make them involuntarily streak. I have a really evil sim who would love to destroy reputations and cause endless misery.
    • A spell to randomly change a sim's outfit, accessories, hair color and eye color. Now we have a backstory for all of those horribly-dressed townies.
    • A stink bomb spell that makes sims stink.
    • A bunch of jinxes to mess with people in other ways.

Untamed:
    • Battle spells. I don't want magical duels to just be something we just sit back and watch. That can be fun sometimes, but actually choosing which spells to use would make the duels feel more epic and involves. Sadly, I don't think we'll get this.
    • Raise the dead and make zombies.

Potions
    • We have an eternal youth potion, but what about something in the opposite range? A potion that takes days away from a sim's current life stage, making them die that much sooner.
    • Maybe an aging or de-aging potion, too.
    • A potion that will turn the drinker to stone for several sim days. Bonus if there's a way to prolong this and essentially make it permanent, so I can have a garden of statues.

OMG I love this!! Hopefully we'll get some of these.

I also had the idea of turning animals into people and bringing objects to life. I'd love that. Turning people into objects and talking to pets would be awesome as well.

And zombies omg I would die for it. I know a lot of people hated them in Sims 3, but I loved it.
  • Options
    catloverplayercatloverplayer Posts: 93,395 Member
    One I know of is Love Potions which you'll probably be able to buy in the magic store in the Realm.

• Options
    simfriend1968simfriend1968 Posts: 578 Member
    There are 24 spells and 15 potions (that seems to be more spells and fewer potions than in TS3); it is nearly 40 so it is a good number in my opinion, especially if the spells are involved or complicated in any way.

Some spells we know of are as follows:

Inferniate — sets things on fire
    Copypasto — copies things and can copy potions
    Transformation spell — whereby sims can be transformed into an object or maybe a fish, but not an animal.
    Conjure food
    Fight other sims

Some potions that were mentioned in the blurb:

a love potion
    an immortality potion
    remove unwanted curses

Other features:
    Various Familiars, including the possibility of selecting a family pet
    4 branches of magic, including potions
    Spells can fail leading to a sim acquiring one of the new curses
    a spellbook in which spells and potions are recorded as they are learned
    a new lifestate
    Magic is not a skill but there is some form of progression with the different spells implied
    broom riding as an efficient mode of transportation
    Magic duels (shown in the trailer).

This all sounds great to me. I can’t wait to find out the rest. The main thing I am hoping for is magic that is costly, interesting, and has permanent effects (as well as some cool animations). A bonus would be some form of group magic which would make spells and potions stronger or less likely to fail. (It is sort of implied in the trailer, at least with potions, because there are 3 spots around the giant cauldron and they are sort of lit up).

The world with its two aspects looks wonderful to me too. I think the atmosphere of the hidden world will add a lot to the feel of the pack with familiars flying around and other NPCs casting spells. I think some of the familiars can perhaps be caught or found there as well.
  • Options
    WallSims4everWallSims4ever Posts: 755 Member
    There are 24 spells and 15 potions (that seems to be more spells and fewer potions than in TS3); it is nearly 40 so it is a good number in my opinion, especially if the spells are involved or complicated in any way.

Some spells we know of are as follows:

Inferniate — sets things on fire
    Copypasto — copies things and can copy potions
    Transformation spell — whereby sims can be transformed into an object or maybe a fish, but not an animal.
    Conjure food
    Fight other sims

Some potions that were mentioned in the blurb:

a love potion
    an immortality potion
    remove unwanted curses

Other features:
    Various Familiars, including the possibility of selecting a family pet
    4 branches of magic, including potions
    Spells can fail leading to a sim acquiring one of the new curses
    a spellbook in which spells and potions are recorded as they are learned
    a new lifestate
    Magic is not a skill but there is some form of progression with the different spells implied
    broom riding as an efficient mode of transportation
    Magic duels (shown in the trailer).

This all sounds great to me. I can’t wait to find out the rest. The main thing I am hoping for is magic that is costly, interesting, and has permanent effects (as well as some cool animations). A bonus would be some form of group magic which would make spells and potions stronger or less likely to fail. (It is sort of implied in the trailer, at least with potions, because there are 3 spots around the giant cauldron and they are sort of lit up).

The world with its two aspects looks wonderful to me too. I think the atmosphere of the hidden world will add a lot to the feel of the pack with familiars flying around and other NPCs casting spells. I think some of the familiars can perhaps be caught or found there as well.

I really hope they tie RoM and Get Together nicely. I want my covens.

Im curious to see the transformation spell, and I definitely agree spells should be costly.
  • Options
    simfriend1968simfriend1968 Posts: 578 Member
    I think there is going to be some sort of magical energy power bar (similar to the vampires’ purple bar) which is drained by doing spells. Apparently the use of familiars helps conserve this magical energy. But when I said I wanted magic to be costly, I also meant consequential. I hope spells take effort to learn and practice to master, as well as difficulty (in acquiring proper ingredients). In fact, I hope that without the right ingredients they won’t work so that sims must spend time finding and/ or cultivating them. I hope some spells or potions are permanent or long-lasting too (which it sounds like certain ones will be). One aspect of TS3 magic that used to annoy me was that some of the magic was so temporary (the Midas spell only lasted 6 hours for example), so I would prefer something more enduring in this game.
  • Options
    WolfNateWolfNate Posts: 2,340 Member
    I'd love to be able to conjure food.

You can I think..(?) it was mentioned...
    Occultism in Sims is family-friendly and should not be watered down to cater to realism players
  • Options
    MasonGamerMasonGamer Posts: 8,851 Member
    edited August 2019
    My expectation for For Spells and abilities
    Spells:
    We saw Protection barriers, telekenisis, bursts of energy.

I really hope elemental magic is a thing, so fire balls, water whips, flinging holders and gusts of wind, basically avatar the last air bender in this case.

Light and Dark Magic and when I say light and dark I mean Magic made from hate and Love
    Light magic inspired by the sun, solar flare, nova blasts and rays. Dark Magic inspired by the shadows, smoke. Dark energy, just the good old clash of light and darkness

Abilities

Enchantments:
    More than just using magic to upgrade and fixing objects but I hope we can’t just buy a broom from the buy catalog and it’s ready to fly. I want to be able to use my magic to make it fly, enchant it to fly.

Glamour spells and Transformation would be another enchantment, the power to shapeshift, disguise yourself as other people, or modify the way you look at will.
    I think spell caster should be Able to turn life states into other life states. Like. Spell caster can just turn a human into a Vampire with a wave of the hand, or wand. So long as you have vampires installed of course.

Prophecy: the power to know the future and perhaps manipulate it. (Just gives you some insight of what the game is about to throw at you. Like the house is about to catch fire. Or sim will get struck by lightning if they go outside in the next storm. Maybe even design prophecy’s for other people. Like maybe it would be Mean, Romantic or Mischief or a Friendly Prophecy and control Fate.

Summoning and Conjuring we have familiars but i’m Talking about making friends and or enemies appear by your side and with a wave of your hand you can drag a sim out of bed and poofed before you without warning
    And on

I wanted potions and curses that did more than just Fix needs and change appearances.
    But definitely give boosts

The basics

Potion of Health: puts sim in a satisfied mood, cures all sicknesses, injuries, and restores 50% each of Energy, Hunger, Hygiene.

Potion of Magic: puts sim in a focused mood, restores Energy and successful spell casting for 3 hours.

Potion of Remembrance: remember what you have forgotten perhaps a Spell caster stole your memories of another sim, or an encounter, or the fact you knew how to defeat them.

Potion of strength: puts sim in an confident and energized mood.

Potion of Prophecy: grants absolute power for one day

Potion of Fertility: increases chances of Pregnancy, undoes The Curse of Infertility.

Potion of Enlightenment, grants a boost of all Skill levels for one day.

Elixir of Invincibility: drink this and nothing can hurt you!
    Side effects: Fatigue when it wears off.

Curses that made it impossible for their sims to complete aspirations. And have really damaging outcomes in terms of Curses. Of course with the options of making them permanent or temporary curses. If we choose we can build a fail safe into the curse and it can be broken if that’s what we choose to do.

A Curse of Infertility for those who wanted to start a Big Happy Family, one dose will ruin their chances of ever conceiving a child.

Sleeping Curse - puts sim in an eternal slumber.
    Side effect: if broken sim will experience insomnia for 7 days. Followed by another seven days of nightmares.

Curse of Lust makes sim very flirty and very impulsive. Side effects: a baby, and post soreness

Curse of Pride makes sim overly confident, and selfish to where others get annoyed

Curse of Greed makes sim very obsessed money and the valuable stuff. Maybe infused with the Midas touch.

Curse of Gluttony - insatiable hunger and rapid weight gain

Curse of Envy - sim will become very distrustful and will have a new found ambition to have what someone has that appeals to them.

Curse of Wrath creates sim to feel irrational anger even over the littlest of things.

I really hope some curses and spells can be cast directly from the Cauldron, instead of putting it in a beaker to then consume. Also with Cooking and Mixology, spellcasters can infuse or marinate potions and curses into any drink or meal, fruit or vegetable. This way it doesn’t have to be an Apple that does Snow White in, it could be a cupcake or a cookie, or what ever.
    I think there is going to be some sort of magical energy power bar (similar to the vampires’ purple bar) which is drained by doing spells. Apparently the use of familiars helps conserve this magical energy. But when I said I wanted magic to be costly, I also meant consequential. I hope spells take effort to learn and practice to master, as well as difficulty (in acquiring proper ingredients). In fact, I hope that without the right ingredients they won’t work so that sims must spend time finding and/ or cultivating them. I hope some spells or potions are permanent or long-lasting too (which it sounds like certain ones will be). One aspect of TS3 magic that used to annoy me was that some of the magic was so temporary (the Midas spell only lasted 6 hours for example), so I would prefer something more enduring in this game.

I think Magic should feed off the Energy Gauge. No need to sacrifice another Need Gauge for a “magic meter.”
    Realm of Magic:

My Mood:

tumblr_nlbf3b0Jyb1qkheaxo5_250.gif
  • Options
    We are getting Copy and Paste and burn things
    Occultism in Sims is family-friendly and should not be watered down to cater to realism players
  • Options
    SERVERFRASERVERFRA Posts: 7,128 Member
    Light/Good magic potions for love, children, a good home, friends, etc...
    Dark/Bad magic potions for sleeping curse, the dark curse, barren parents, loveless, homeless, friendless, etc...
  • Options
    BrinnBrinn Posts: 327 Member
    I'd like the potions from TS3 which charged and froze for several hours a sim's energy bar. They were well-balanced.

I also hope for a spell that summons a random alchemy ingredient.

I'd like to have a teleportation spell and a spell that teleports someone to the spellcaster. And the opposite, that banishes a sim from the lot.

Levitation spell that makes a sim fly without a broom.

Necromancy that summons ghosts and allows to control vampires.

Rituals that must be performed by a group of spellcasters and do powerful things, such as affecting the whole town with a certain condition.

Resurrection ritual and a potion of immortality.

Summoning an invisible servant that do house chores.

And all the other things that were mentioned in this thread.
  • Options
    JeanJean Posts: 1,243 Member
    WolfNate wrote: »
    @WolfNate what’s copy and paste?
    Basically you can copy paste a potion or something, so you don't have to make it from scratch.
  • Options
    MaggieMarleyMaggieMarley Posts: 5,299 Member
    Jean wrote: »
    @WolfNate what’s copy and paste?
    Basically you can copy paste a potion or something, so you don't have to make it from scratch.

Oh thanks :) so like the cloning machine, then?
  • Options
    I’m mostly hoping for a potion of immortality that also freezes the ageing process. If I can have immortal eternally youthful spellcasters then that goes part of the way towards making up for the fact I can’t have vampire spellcasters.
  • Options

No it's for items only

• Options

No it's for items only
    Sorry, that’s what I meant. I barely ever use the cloning machine on sims so I forget it can do that :D
  • Options
    will681will681 Posts: 319 Member
    From the trailer I've seen Love, Luck, Death/poison?, and one that is anti-something or other. They've said there is an immortality poition. I'd like to see some new effects and hope they don't recycle stuff like enlarge/slim sim, electrify sim, set sim on fire. But since it's a gamepack, I imagine potions are going to be a lot of things we can already do with something else already in game or either with a mod or cheat.
  • Options
    XxAirixXXxAirixX Posts: 2,567 Member
    edited August 2019
    I am guessing love spells, good luck spells fire and ice spells, spells for needs, etc...there is like over 20 spells; but I am guessing at least the basics.

There is no real death potion I am guessing as they said you can't directly kill another sim, sims usually die from the lack of caring for their needs or getting caught up in one of fire spells. I am guessing it has more do with one of the curses.
  • Options
    Well we're obviously getting teleportation.
  • Options
    MagdaleenaMagdaleena Posts: 973 Member
    Personally I'm hoping for a potion or spell that would allow trans sims to transition. Is that too farfetched?

Then I wouldn't have to enter CAS when it's a sim who was like, born in the game. It kinda feels like cheating; I'd love to be able to make it happen through actual gameplay instead. So this would be great.

lil_pixel_boys.png
    they/he
    simblr