Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Realm of Magic May Have Been Right in Front of Us For a Long Time

So as I was sifting through some hidden items (or maybe it's been there all along) I came across this..
FJQsnMY.png

mL48yfx.png

I realized that this was exactly like one of the new familiars in the upcoming gp,
SIMS4_GP08_RealmOfMagic._RGB_Ow_15_l.png

I'm curious how long this object was in game and if it's been noticed before

Comments

• Options
    WolfNateWolfNate Posts: 2,340 Member
    Heh foreshadowing
    Occultism in Sims is family-friendly and should not be watered down to cater to realism players
  • Options
    GrumpyGlowfishGrumpyGlowfish Posts: 2,208 Member
    Ha, it even says "magic" in the description. I never noticed this object either. Well, that answers the question why the owl familiar looks so similar to the owl from the fanmade Henry Puffer stuff pack.
  • Options
    simfriend1968simfriend1968 Posts: 578 Member
    I think if you collect all the feathers you can get that object. So I guess that means it came with Cats and Dogs.
  • Options
    SimmyFroggySimmyFroggy Posts: 1,762 Member
    Yup, that's a Cats & Dogs item that's unlockable when you have all the feather types as @simfriend1968 said.

Also, from what SimGurus said on twitter, some of the Voidcritters from the Kids Room pack are also based on "real" familiars that we'll be able to summon in RoM (two, I think, maybe more).
  • Options
    PlayerSinger2010PlayerSinger2010 Posts: 3,267 Member
    There's also a wreath that came with Laundry Day that mentions alchemy or something, I believe?
  • Options
    DaWaterRatDaWaterRat Posts: 3,355 Member
    I think you're right. And I have that sitting in my Collector's Bedroom right now. Her grandmother actually completed the collection, so it's been there for two generations.
  • Options
    BabykittyjadeBabykittyjade Posts: 4,975 Member
    This thread makes me wonder what is coming in the future that's been right in front of our eyes :D
    Zombies, oh please oh please give us zombies!! :'(
  • Options
    happyopihappyopi Posts: 1,355 Member
    The spotted sixam was originally a large bird in TS3 Pets.

I'm not saying they don't hint, I'm saying this was already a sims lore thing for a while.
  • Options
    DaWaterRatDaWaterRat Posts: 3,355 Member
    happyopi wrote: »
    The spotted sixam was originally a large bird in TS3 Pets.

I'm not saying they don't hint, I'm saying this was already a sims lore thing for a while.

That's not a spotted Sixam, though. One of the feathers we have to collect is from a spotted Sixam, but the purple owl-like bird (sum of all birds) is not it.
  • Options
    happyopihappyopi Posts: 1,355 Member
    Yes it is. It's a blue owls with star markings.

Spotted-Sixam-Feather.jpg
    screenshot-64_thumb1.jpg?w=650&h=368

• Options
    Pamtastic72Pamtastic72 Posts: 4,545 Member
    But they don't hint... ;)

They even mention magic in the description and the owl is sparkling just as they said your cats and/or dogs will if you make them a familiar.
  • Options
    BlkBarbiegalBlkBarbiegal Posts: 7,924 Member

It seems they put little hints for future packs. They did for weather, pets, magic, tropical, and I am seeing lots of gas stations in the newer worlds that seems closer to look at compared to in Oasis Springs. Books and clothes reveals future stuff as well. Paintings.

The one thing I keep eyeballing is toy chest that's has the school bus and other car swatches. Then there are the police and firefighter toys and paintings? I'll have to check again.
    Me on:
    Twitch jovi_jov
    Twitter BarbieSimmy
    Origin SimsBarbie
  • Options
    MaggieMarleyMaggieMarley Posts: 5,299 Member
    edited August 2019
    I knew the owl was familiar (no pun intended :p)! I’ve completed the feather collection twice now and have two of those sculptures as a result. How did I not notice?
  • Options
    SERVERFRASERVERFRA Posts: 7,128 Member
    They've been hinting @ magic for a long time. The hints are in Get Together, City Living, Cats & Dogs, Seasons, Island Living, Spa Day, Jungle Adventure, Vampires, Spooky, Movie, Laundry & Holiday.
  • Options
    CupidCupid Posts: 3,623 Member
    edited August 2019
    DeafSimmer wrote: »
    SERVERFRA wrote: »
    They've been hinting @ magic for a long time. The hints are in Get Together, City Living, Cats & Dogs, Seasons, Island Living, Spa Day, Jungle Adventure, Vampires, Spooky, Movie, Laundry & Holiday.

Where did you find the hints, though?

in any item referencing magic I suppose :D

there are probably lots of them
    HdLHa3j.png
    (◡‿◡✿)
  • Options
    WolfNateWolfNate Posts: 2,340 Member
    What hints in Vampire?
    Occultism in Sims is family-friendly and should not be watered down to cater to realism players
  • Options
    XxAirixXXxAirixX Posts: 2,567 Member
    I think they had some things planned but takes awhile to get to them and can't outright say anything until it is announced officially. Probably why they can't admit to hinting to things as it would give it away completely, so they leave it up to fans to figure it our and speculate (also brings more buzz about the game that way).
  • Options
    SERVERFRASERVERFRA Posts: 7,128 Member
    Had to go back into the game to remember all the magical items in previous games. Here they are in order from Expansion, Gameplays & Stuff. 1. Get Together: Bonfire, Pillars & Retired Wishing Well.
    2. City Living: Candles, Mirror & Crystal Lights.
    3. Cats & Dogs: Black Cats, Owl Statue, Woven Wonder Rug & Floating Shelf.
    4. Seasons: Lightning Powers from sim being struck by lightning 2 or 3 times and Patchy the Scarecrow.
    5. Island Living: BBQ, Counter, Laughing Man Statue, Kava Bowl, Illuminate Kava Candle, Magic Rug, Elementals Powers & Mermaid Powers.
    6. Spa Day: Wellness Skill Transportation & Levitation Powers.
    7. Jungle Adventure: Magical Relics.
    8. Vampires: Powers, Forgotten Woman Statue, Fairy Statue, Antique Book Stand & Cabinet.
    9. Spooky: Cauldron, Pictures & Pumpkin with Witch Hat.
    10. Movie: Tapestry, Candles & Mirror.
    11. Laundry Day: Simolonean Mat, Wreath & Barry Potter's Potted Plant.
    12. Romantic Gardens: Wishing Well.
    13. Holiday: Nutcracker & Snow the Sandman.
  • Options
    nerdfashionnerdfashion Posts: 5,947 Member
    edited August 2019
    Oh my.

[img]https://🐸🐸🐸🐸.com/meme/BKGCR/are-you-sirius/image.jpg?w=620&c=1[/img]
    funny-gifs20.gif

• Options
    lovejess2lovejess2 Posts: 3,049 Member
    SERVERFRA wrote: »
    Had to go back into the game to remember all the magical items in previous games. Here they are in order from Expansion, Gameplays & Stuff. 1. Get Together: Bonfire, Pillars & Retired Wishing Well.
    2. City Living: Candles, Mirror & Crystal Lights.
    3. Cats & Dogs: Black Cats, Owl Statue, Woven Wonder Rug & Floating Shelf.
    4. Seasons: Lightning Powers from sim being struck by lightning 2 or 3 times and Patchy the Scarecrow.
    5. Island Living: BBQ, Counter, Laughing Man Statue, Kava Bowl, Illuminate Kava Candle, Magic Rug, Elementals Powers & Mermaid Powers.
    6. Spa Day: Wellness Skill Transportation & Levitation Powers.
    7. Jungle Adventure: Magical Relics.
    8. Vampires: Powers, Forgotten Woman Statue, Fairy Statue, Antique Book Stand & Cabinet.
    9. Spooky: Cauldron, Pictures & Pumpkin with Witch Hat.
    10. Movie: Tapestry, Candles & Mirror.
    11. Laundry Day: Simolonean Mat, Wreath & Barry Potter's Potted Plant.
    12. Romantic Gardens: Wishing Well.
    13. Holiday: Nutcracker & Snow the Sandman.

Uhm not sure if you're trying to say that the clue I found was like this tho, thing is the clue I brought up mentioned magic and went on to appear in the magic realm GP whereas these items are simply just magic or mystical based. Just kinda different tho
  • Options
    Pipersfun2Pipersfun2 Posts: 710 Member
    lovejess2 wrote: »
    So as I was sifting through some hidden items (or maybe it's been there all along) I came across this..
    FJQsnMY.png

mL48yfx.png

I realized that this was exactly like one of the new familiars in the upcoming gp,
    SIMS4_GP08_RealmOfMagic._RGB_Ow_15_l.png

I'm curious how long this object was in game and if it's been noticed before

Great catch!
    while we are playing them,WHO IS PLAYING US?
  • Options
    HowGreatThouArtHowGreatThouArt Posts: 1,662 Member
    edited August 2019

I remember a post in the Rumors and Speculation section about a few decorative items that came in Laundry Day that referenced magic and witches/sages. People immediately caught them and started believing witches were coming.

Removed quote ~Rtas
    Post edited by EA_Rtas on
    aSE16f8.gif
  • Options
    TheIntrovertSimmerTheIntrovertSimmer Posts: 641 Member
    edited August 2019
    anyways, there's also a lot of farming references from Get Famous and Island Living based on item descriptions
    y'all got bread?