Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

The Sims 4: Realm of Magic is coming!

Comments

• Options
    Pinmat135Pinmat135 Posts: 346 Member
    hakuboshi wrote: »
    Would witches be able to open their own shop though? I would like to recreate Zunkos, Olivanders and the whole Diagon Alley in the game.

If you have Get to Work as well as Realm of Magic, you'd probably be able to sell wands, brooms, potions, and other magical items at a retail store.
  • Options
    WolfNateWolfNate Posts: 2,340 Member
    @hakuboshi @Pinmat135 Bonus points for Copypasto spell to cheat the system and cut out the middle man
    Occultism in Sims is family-friendly and should not be watered down to cater to realism players
  • Options
    Mariefoxprice83Mariefoxprice83 Posts: 8,109 Member
    Pinmat135 wrote: »
    hakuboshi wrote: »
    Would witches be able to open their own shop though? I would like to recreate Zunkos, Olivanders and the whole Diagon Alley in the game.

If you have Get to Work as well as Realm of Magic, you'd probably be able to sell wands, brooms, potions, and other magical items at a retail store.

That sounds like a lot of fun. The same would presumably apply to the herbalism potions in Outdoor Retreat, if only you can gather enough ingredients to make them.
    Better to reign in Hell, than serve in Heaven.
  • Options
    Xhabbie98Xhabbie98 Posts: 1 New Member
    Can you combine resident lot and restaurant together?
  • Options
    SimmyFroggySimmyFroggy Posts: 1,762 Member
    Xhabbie98 wrote: »
    Can you combine resident lot and restaurant together?

Not by having two types at the same time, but it's absolutely possible to have a residential area on a Restaurant lot. Just remember to lock the doors to anyone other than your played sims :D
  • Options
    Anyone wanna just cast some magic on muggles just to see what the name of the moodlet (and icon) is? It seems we'll get like an uncomfortable moodlet or sad maybe angry cuz "Muggles will react negatively"
    Occultism in Sims is family-friendly and should not be watered down to cater to realism players
  • Options
    BlkBarbiegalBlkBarbiegal Posts: 7,924 Member
    The amount of spells and potions in sims4 seems nice but I didn't know there were more in past iterations? According to simmers that is. I was trying to find a list from sims 2 and 3 to view the 40 something spells or whatnot.

Anyway, daily I am looking more and more forward to this pack! I've been writing down some ideas in what I want to do with Cornelia Goth, and Cassandra's daughter. <3
    Me on:
    Twitch jovi_jov
    Twitter BarbieSimmy
    Origin SimsBarbie
  • Options
    bshag4lvbshag4lv Posts: 9,378 Member
    I believe in other Sims' series' these packs were expansion packs. EA/Maxis came out with the game packs in Sims 4, kinda of a ep junior, which I prefer personnally due to the focus of the game pack makes for much better gameplay.

I don't really care how many spells and potions and whatnot...it's all MAGIC!! :D
    In my house, dog hair sticks to everything but the dog.
  • Options
    simfriend1968simfriend1968 Posts: 578 Member
    edited August 2019
    The amount of spells and potions in sims4 seems nice but I didn't know there were more in past iterations? According to simmers that is. I was trying to find a list from sims 2 and 3 to view the 40 something spells or whatnot.

Anyway, daily I am looking more and more forward to this pack! I've been writing down some ideas in what I want to do with Cornelia Goth, and Cassandra's daughter. <3

I think there are more spells than in certain games, but less potions. TS1 had 21 spells and charms for adults, and 9 for children, including one that allowed kids to age up to adults by magic (the only way to age up in TS1). So that was 30 total, less than the 40 or so we are getting now with Realm of Magic. Potions in TS1 were made with the chemistry station and were mainly used to cure sickness, although a sim with high logic could make a virus too.

TS2 had 33 spells for witches, but only a few potions which were buyable and which created or removed the different lifestates. TS2 witches were quirky, despite being among my favourites of the series, (and I really liked a lot of the spells), but they were divided up into categories of good, neutral and evil. So the spells were not all available to any given witch or wizard depending on skill level and magical persuasion. If you maxed out your magical sim's goodness powers or evil powers then he/she could only do spells that were good or evil. For awhile, in the middle of the abilities, a sim could do good and neutral or evil and neutral spells, but the more your sim did good or evil spells the fewer the spells were that would be available to him or her in general.

The Sims Medieval had 14 spells. Those Sorcerers/ Sorceresses (as they were called in the game upon reaching level 10) were among the most deadly of any sims game because they could actually kill sims by inflicting the plague on them with a spell called Miasma. That could be fun to witness.

TS3 had witches as a lifestate and Alchemy as a skill. The magic of witches was divided up into 6 charms (very cheaty and mostly used for fixing needs), 6 curses and 8 spells. I didn't like these spells quite as much as the ones in TS2 because they just seemed less impressive over all. As for potions, I think there were over 50 (I once had an alchemist/ magic sim make all of them), and they were unlocked by levelling up the skill. (Some of them are very similar to the drinks which we can purchase from the Rewards Store in TS4).

When the simguru said that there were more spells and potions in this version of the game, perhaps he meant that there were more available to any given sim without game set constraints? There are going to be more spells than in TS1, TS3, but not TS2. There are more potions than in TS1 or TS2 but less than in TS3. None of this quite adds up. I don't know, maybe the simguru was ignorant of all the incarnations of sims history?

Personally, I think we are getting a lot of magic in this game, and it all makes me happy. Can't wait.
  • Options
    BlkBarbiegalBlkBarbiegal Posts: 7,924 Member
    edited August 2019
    Thank you @simfriend1968 nice read. And I agree with the last thing you said. I too feel that we are getting a lot of magic. Especially if every spell is open to every type of spellcaster instead of having a few spells locked for the practical only, or mischief only, and etc.
    Me on:
    Twitch jovi_jov
    Twitter BarbieSimmy
    Origin SimsBarbie
  • Options
    SPARKY1922SPARKY1922 Posts: 5,965 Member

I think there are more spells than in certain games, but less potions. TS1 had 21 spells and charms for adults, and 9 for children, including one that allowed kids to age up to adults by magic (the only way to age up in TS1). So that was 30 total, less than the 40 or so we are getting now with Realm of Magic. Potions in TS1 were made with the chemistry station and were mainly used to cure sickness, although a sim with high logic could make a virus too.

TS2 had 33 spells for witches, but only a few potions which were buyable and which created or removed the different lifestates. TS2 witches were quirky, despite being among my favourites of the series, (and I really liked a lot of the spells), but they were divided up into categories of good, neutral and evil. So the spells were not all available to any given witch or wizard depending on skill level and magical persuasion. If you maxed out your magical sim's goodness powers or evil powers then he/she could only do spells that were good or evil. For awhile, in the middle of the abilities, a sim could do good and neutral or evil and neutral spells, but the more your sim did good or evil spells the fewer the spells were that would be available to him or her in general.

The Sims Medieval had 14 spells. Those Sorcerers/ Sorceresses (as they were called in the game upon reaching level 10) were among the most deadly of any sims game because they could actually kill sims by inflicting the plague on them with a spell called Miasma. That could be fun to witness.

TS3 had witches as a lifestate and Alchemy as a skill. The magic of witches was divided up into 6 charms (very cheaty and mostly used for fixing needs), 6 curses and 8 spells. I didn't like these spells quite as much as the ones in TS2 because they just seemed less impressive over all. As for potions, I think there were over 50 (I once had an alchemist/ magic sim make all of them), and they were unlocked by levelling up the skill. (Some of them are very similar to the drinks which we can purchase from the Rewards Store in TS4).

When the simguru said that there were more spells and potions in this version of the game, perhaps he meant that there were more available to any given sim without game set constraints? There are going to be more spells than in TS1, TS3, but not TS2. There are more potions than in TS1 or TS2 but less than in TS3. None of this quite adds up. I don't know, maybe the simguru was ignorant of all the incarnations of sims history?

Personally, I think we are getting a lot of magic in this game, and it all makes me happy. Can't wait.

I agree as in my S3 version of my game I have to to use a lot of mods to get my vampire animations the way S4 vampire plays out so to me if this magic pack is anything like the fleshed out version of S4 versions of Vampires I will be highly delighted-) I also want to say I appreciate your info about what magic entailed with other versions of the game as I started my sims game life with a quick S2 play when I was visiting my friend for xmas when I had never heard of the game before then when I finally had time to take another look S3 was out so of course I bought that iteration and then went back into S2 when the ultimate version was released and even bought the complete sims 1 collection and installed it on an old laptop to play so i could experience every version of the game lol but I don't have quite the experience you do to analyse what other versions of the game had magic wise so thank you for the interesting lesson :)
  • Options
    edited August 2019
    Technically if we get 25 skills like Vampires and Fame Perks we'll have a whoping 64 abilities, spirit animals, broom travel, and ability to toggle wand/hand gestures for magic so by far we'll have the biggest range of sandboxing with magic ever.
  • Options
    SterkinsenARTSterkinsenART Posts: 124 Member

This looks super awesome! I've been hearing lately that we're going to get dragon familiars-- so I am SUPER EXCITED for that because I love dragons SO MUCH!!!
    Sims-4-Dragon.jpeg?q=50&fit=crop&w=740&dpr=1.5
  • Options
    windweaverwindweaver Posts: 7,375 Member
    OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG THIS IS AMAZINGGGGGGGGGGG! OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG IVE BEEN WAITING SO LONG FOR SOMETHING LIKE THIS YAYYYAYAYAYAYAYAYAYAYYAYAYAYAYAYAYAYAYAYAYAYAYAYAYAYAYAYYAYAYAYAYAYA AYAYAYAYAYAYAYAYYAYAYAYAYAYAYAYAYAYAYAAA AYAYAYAYAYAYAYAYAYAYAYAYAYAYY

YAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAY!

This! I'm so excited!!
    My Origin Name is: Cynconzola8
  • Options
    windweaverwindweaver Posts: 7,375 Member
    At the very end of the video, he's flying up, the camera is looking down at the top of the building. I am wondering if that building is a build object one, or just scenery? I hope it's build objects, I'd love to be able to use that in the game.
    My Origin Name is: Cynconzola8
  • Options
    kayen_keagenkayen_keagen Posts: 53 Member
    I am looking forward to this.. sims 3 I loved supernatural.. so adding this is a big plus to me.. I hope it’s more fun than it looks
  • Options
    I am looking forward to this.. sims 3 I loved supernatural.. so adding this is a big plus to me.. I hope it’s more fun than it looks

Funner then it looks? It looks like every incarnation of Witchcraft in all 3 previous games combined
  • Options
    Pinmat135Pinmat135 Posts: 346 Member

If you're looking for a list of the spells and their effects, I'd go to the Sims Wiki. They have a page for everything :D (Sims 1 spells, Sims 2 spells, Sims Medieval spells, Sims 3 spells, more Sims 3 spells, Sims 1 & 2 potions (that page also contains all the Lifetime Reward potions), Sims 3 potions)
  • Options
    crazygrl32084crazygrl32084 Posts: 114 Member
    SO EXCITED!!!!Playing with witches in Sims 3 just to hold myself over lol
    we're all mad here...
  • Options
    SO EXCITED!!!!Playing with witches in Sims 3 just to hold myself over lol

2 was funner imo
  • Options
    Hester666Hester666 Posts: 27 Member
    Anyone know how much it will cost
  • Options
    Hester666 wrote: »

In USA 21'50
  • Options
    Atreya33Atreya33 Posts: 4,427 Member
    Hester666 wrote: »

Should be the same price as other GP's in your region.
  • Options
    simfriend1968simfriend1968 Posts: 578 Member
    edited August 2019
    WolfNate wrote: »

Funner then it looks? It looks like every incarnation of Witchcraft in all 3 previous games combined

What’s wrong with that? I loved magic in TS1, especially duelling, and look, we’re getting duelling again. Magic in TS2 could be really fun but had certain constraints being divided into good, evil and neutral paths (limiting the number of spells a given sim could perform), but now we are getting a lot of spells that any sim can perform and paths that can be combined. TS2 had spectral familiars too (a cat with no needs) but in this game we can use pets as familiars or find and summon a whole variety of new, more mystical ones. It sounds to me like we are getting some of the best parts of previous game versions of this pack again.

We’re also getting a new lifestate, a new secret world with it’s own unique atmosphere and, best of all, gameplay from across different packs, like using pets as familiars and forming covens (with new club activities and admission rules, according to a guru). I hope we also get weather magic with the Seasons pack, in addition to.the beautiful weather in Glimmerbrook. (If we don’t get a weather spell, though, I would even accept it because it would have the side benefit of making merfolk more powerful since they alone could naturally affect weather). I feel this pack will give us gameplay that is both new and familiar, and I am eager to see what it all will encompass.

• Options
    honeypooh1267honeypooh1267 Posts: 1,344 Member
    edited August 2019
    i to loved makin magic..in TS2 it wasn't the same like in TS1, i didn't like the magic in TS3 also...for me I loved Makin Magic more..there was so much you could do..the dueling, getting ingredients for spells...ect...

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file
Return to top