Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

The Sims 4: Realm of Magic is coming!

Comments

• DaWaterRatDaWaterRat Posts: 3,351 Member
    WolfNate wrote: »
    @DaWaterRat Technically that's just a doll from Mischief and you'd need an actual Voodoo familiar from RoM

Yeah, yeah.. details... :) I'll massage it all out in story. :)
  • iliekponieziliekponiez Posts: 454 Member
    I'm super excited, but I'm a bit disappointed there won't be any awesome hats.
  • GordyGordy Posts: 3,015 Member
    This purple dragon's no Torch, sadly. But overall, these guys look pretty cute.
    TS1_dragons_hatching.jpg
    The Sims 4 hasn't introduced a new musical instrument since 2017
  • OfSylvanGladeOfSylvanGlade Posts: 86 Member
    I'm so excited. I always said the best way for them to do this would be a portal in to a magical world and that's what we're getting. The aesthetic of the magical realm looks awesome. I've wanted this pack for so long. Only thing I'm disappointed in so far is the familiars. I was hoping for them to look more like the birds and dragons in Sims 3 as opposed to the 2D cartoon looking things I've seen so far. But I'm still excited.
  • WolfNateWolfNate Posts: 2,340 Member
    Sapphisims wrote: »
    I'm so excited. I always said the best way for them to do this would be a portal in to a magical world and that's what we're getting. The aesthetic of the magical realm looks awesome. I've wanted this pack for so long. Only thing I'm disappointed in so far is the familiars. I was hoping for them to look more like the birds and dragons in Sims 3 as opposed to the 2D cartoon looking things I've seen so far. But I'm still excited.

I think they're going for a Shin Megami Tensei motif or Pokemon motif with the Familiars
    Occultism in Sims is family-friendly and should not be watered down to cater to realism players
  • leosunqueenleosunqueen Posts: 2 New Member
    can't even wait
  • RebeccaThurstonRebeccaThurston Posts: 234 Member
    Hearts4u wrote: »
    @wolfnate The prices for all Sims is very reasonable in my opinion for the return I get. So, nah, not a waste of my money because I want the World Glimmerbrook so I can build more houses and plus, I like the CAS (hair, clothes and shoes) items. Trust me, if I was forced to use magic/occult like in the Vampire pack--I would not buy it. So I'm a happy camper and can't wait to buy this one.

I agree. I don't think anyone should be forced to use anything in the Sims. Everything should be optional. Perhaps in our worlds, magic users simply don't exist. I am quite happy with just having the town/ CAS /builds too and am quite content to leave magic out of it.

Though if I do get curious later on it might be an interesting "huh...so that's how that works" type of thing.
  • RebeccaThurstonRebeccaThurston Posts: 234 Member
    @EuphorialQueen

For the love of Llama Lord I need to buy a 25$ card to buy a 21$ thing I hate taxes...

Why not just hold off on it until it goes on sale? Sure you won't be able to buy it new but you would at least get a better price on it.

We are not acknowledging something.

1500x500.jpg

Does this 'plum ring' I guess? Not look the exact same as Mermaids? I don't see the need for a 'placeholder art' if they not designed it yet why show the plumbob at all?
    Occultism in Sims is family-friendly and should not be watered down to cater to realism players
  • Pinmat135Pinmat135 Posts: 346 Member

Ah darn, looking at that list I can't decide if I should use a cat/dog familiar for the bonus perks or one of these.

ALSO.
    G3C_thus_400x400.png
    WHAT IS THIS. I WANT IT.
    @Pinmat135 you can have all 10 but one active at any given moment.
    Sapphisims wrote: »

That isn't what the familiars are going to look like, that's just the Twitter-avatar version. Here are all the pics I could get from the trailer of the familiars:
    Screen-Shot-2019-08-24-at-8-21-17-AM.png
    Screen-Shot-2019-08-24-at-8-21-53-AM.png
    Screen-Shot-2019-08-24-at-8-23-35-AM.png
    And then, of course, we have the starry owl (it's an owl, and it kinda looks like the night sky...?) on the pack art:
    Screen-Shot-2019-08-24-at-8-26-46-AM.png
    We are not acknowledging something.

1500x500.jpg

Does this 'plum ring' I guess? Not look the exact same as Mermaids? I don't see the need for a 'placeholder art' if they not designed it yet why show the plumbob at all?

Close, but not quite. See, here's the Mermaid plumbob:
    118?cb=20190621013641
    And here's the new Sorcerer plumbob:
    Screen-Shot-2019-08-24-at-8-11-48-AM.png

See the differences? The Mermaid has a wavy pattern and is white, while the Sorcerer is blue and is more of a "semicircle with embellishments" style.
    @Pinmat135 you can have all 10 but one active at any given moment.

Oh that's great! *phew* now I don't have to pick favorites...
    Yes those are stylized headshots of the familiars but at least it's a list of all the familiars even if not with in game graphics
  • rienremirienremi Posts: 6 New Member
    Yes it looks very interesting, but knowing my Sims I wonder, will there be places to nap, take bubble baths and stoves to make panncakes on? Otherwise it will be a lot of very unhappy Sims stumbling around this magic realm.
  • Bagoas77Bagoas77 Posts: 3,064 Member
    Bagoas77 wrote: »
    Overall it looks rather empty to me. As usual, impressions and reviews a week or two after a new pack releases will be the most telling... likely entertainingly so.

Empty?!!

Apologies... I meant "empty and shallow."
    Overall it looks rather empty to me. As usual, impressions and reviews a week or two after a new pack releases will be the most telling... likely entertainingly so.

Empty?!!

Apologies... I meant "empty and shallow."

you are evil.
  • MagdaleenaMagdaleena Posts: 973 Member
    I am HYPED and want it NOW

But yeah, I'm also disappointed we won't be getting cool wizard hats. How is that even left out in the first place??? It's such an iconic magic thing. I'm so confused. The ones in Spooky Stuff look too costumey to me.

So I tried to make a CC wizard hat instead, while we wait. (it's on my simblr)

lil_pixel_boys.png
    they/he
    simblr
  • catloverplayercatloverplayer Posts: 93,362 Member
    rienremi wrote: »
    Yes it looks very interesting, but knowing my Sims I wonder, will there be places to nap, take bubble baths and stoves to make panncakes on? Otherwise it will be a lot of very unhappy Sims stumbling around this magic realm.

Well we can put a bed there so I would assume sims can use showers etc especially if you're playing the witches that do live in the realm.
  • coogee78coogee78 Posts: 177 Member
    My Harry Potter mad nieces will be very excited about this.

I thought it did everything a trailer can really do for a pack. I’m more interested in the changes to gameplay more than the CAS stuff and build items (which all looks great though). I’m looking forward to when we get the more details on that. The Sim Gurus have given us a decent amount of detail on Twitter, which has been nearly all good news for me. Regardless of it is good or disappointing I’m glad that they have been doing it.

I really like the way that the Realm of Magic is its own world, but I have herd that other Sims won’t autonomously cast spells in the other worlds. I had been hoping might be a option, like ageing and mundane sim autonomy are. I’d really like to know if Glimmerbrook is included in this casting zone or not.

Hopefully spells work on a system that is similar to vampire powers, where the more powerful magic is unlocked as you gain ranks. I’ve heard that there are 24 spells and 15 potions, which is a lot. I’m hoping that the spells and potions will let wizards do a fair number of things that other sims can’t currently do in the game. I’m also curious if there are going to be any weaknesses like Vampires and Famous Sims have to deal with.

All in all, I’m looking forward to this pack.
    > @rienremi said:
    > Yes it looks very interesting, but knowing my Sims I wonder, will there be places to nap, take bubble baths and stoves to make panncakes on? Otherwise it will be a lot of very unhappy Sims stumbling around this magic realm.

I would think they would, or the sages would run into problems, unless their needs have been disabled. Cauldrons double as stoves so food is definitely covered.
    coogee78 wrote: »

I thought it did everything a trailer can really do for a pack. I’m more interested in the changes to gameplay more than the CAS stuff and build items (which all looks great though). I’m looking forward to when we get the more details on that. The Sim Gurus have given us a decent amount of detail on Twitter, which has been nearly all good news for me. Regardless of it is good or disappointing I’m glad that they have been doing it.

I really like the way that the Realm of Magic is its own world, but I have herd that other Sims won’t autonomously cast spells in the other worlds. I had been hoping might be a option, like ageing and mundane sim autonomy are. I’d really like to know if Glimmerbrook is included in this casting zone or not.

Hopefully spells work on a system that is similar to vampire powers, where the more powerful magic is unlocked as you gain ranks. I’ve heard that there are 24 spells and 15 potions, which is a lot. I’m hoping that the spells and potions will let wizards do a fair number of things that other sims can’t currently do in the game. I’m also curious if there are going to be any weaknesses like Vampires and Famous Sims have to deal with.

You get 25(?) abilities likee vampires these do not count for potions and spells.
    > @WolfNate said:
    > (Quote)
    >
    > You get 25(?) abilities like vampires these do not count for potions and spells.

With that many spells and potions, I'm not sure if we would also be getting as many powers/perks as vampires do. It would be great if they did, but I haven't seen anything about their numbers, just that they are in as well.
  • LunaSimmerLunaSimmer Posts: 16 Member
    It looks awesome! It's the first time a pack has ever been released with 2 worlds which is interesting
    Magdaleena wrote: »
    I am HYPED and want it NOW

But yeah, I'm also disappointed we won't be getting cool wizard hats. How is that even left out in the first place??? It's such an iconic magic thing. I'm so confused. The ones in Spooky Stuff look too costumey to me.

So I tried to make a CC wizard hat instead, while we wait. (it's on my simblr)

There aren't wizard hats? I'll probably download that hat of yours at some point. But WHO CARES WE'RE GETTIN' MAGIC
    coogee78 wrote: »

I agree, I think the trailer was amazing and showed off a lot of the features of the pack. And I can definitely agree with you on the more-interested-in-the-magic-than-the-items (and I don't count cauldrons, brooms & wands of course, because they are magic) front!

There'll probably be weaknesses, otherwise just about everyone would make their sim a Sorcerer because they'd have no downsides!
    LunaSimmer wrote: »
    It looks awesome! It's the first time a pack has ever been released with 2 worlds which is interesting

Yeah, it's really cool! This was kind-of balanced, in a sense, by there being only 5 lots between the two of them, but I DON'T CARE WE'RE GETTING MAGIC.
    So We're getting a skill tree and 39 magical powers (15 potions 24 spells) they said that your skill tree as a Caster is separate from your magic. So 25 abilities to learn 24 spells and 15 potions? Holy moly they upped the budget

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file
Return to top