Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Guess the theme of EP08 (Nov./Dec. ?) !

Comments

• Options
    JnyxJnyx Posts: 273 Member
    University
    I'm fine with any of them honestly but I'm genuinely not sure.

like logically University or something school based seems like the next pack, but if Realm of Magic is coming in Fall (presumably October because hello) but school restarts in August or September for some people so having a school pack come out in the winter seems strange especially because they seem to release packs accurate to seasons in real life.

Honestly I'm just excited to find out. Even if it's not school, I'm hyped.
  • Options
    LMcGELMcGE Posts: 226 Member
    University
    I think it is going to be University - and I really hope it is, in a way. I prefer Farming so of course I would love that, but so many people want a Uni EP that we will hear nothing else until it happens, so part of me just wants to get it out of the way at this stage so we can move on to new ideas and not have to keep repeating things from other iterations of the game.

So - by preference - Farming - but Uni would get it out of everyone's system and we could move on.
  • Options
    CinebarCinebar Posts: 33,618 Member
    Something else
    It's either Get to School and or Get Flirty/ Get Romantic.
    "Games Are Not The Place To Tell Stories, Games Are Meant To Let People Tell Their Own Stories"...Will Wright.
  • Options
    jcp011c2jcp011c2 Posts: 10,861 Member
    University
    Cinebar wrote: »

So get Smart or Get Lucky?
    It's kind of sad that I have to point out that anything I say is only just my opinion and may be a different one from someone else.
  • Options
    SimburianSimburian Posts: 6,914 Member
    Farming
    University doesn't seem to follow naturally after Realm of Magic does it, especially coming before the end of the year? I'd prefer something like Farming, Equestrian (on SimGuruDoi's poll) or a Freetime holiday or hobby pack before Christmas. they would be a better fit.
  • Options
    comicsforlifecomicsforlife Posts: 9,585 Member
    University
    I think it will be University but I want Generations or a romance pack
    more for sim kids and more drama please
  • Options
    RavenSpitRavenSpit Posts: 1,387 Member
    University
    just picked Uni cause I wanna know what all the fuss is about, I really have no idea why alot of people seem to want it so much (was the same with seasons).
    But I am fine with whatever it is I guess, I got my vampires and my mermaids and I will be getting my witches soon.
    Would love a winter world but I also kinda see it as more of a GP, same with Freetime.

Gallery ID: ra7orrat

• Options
    GordyGordy Posts: 3,022 Member
    edited August 2019
    Farming
    jcp011c2 wrote: »
    Cinebar wrote: »

So get Smart or Get Lucky?
    Hey, at least both packs would help your sims get into lucrative careers?
    Post edited by Gordy on
    TS1_dragons_hatching.jpg
    The Sims 4 hasn't introduced a new musical instrument since 2017
  • Options
    TomasGrizzlyTomasGrizzly Posts: 736 Member
    Something else
    Even though there's a lot of rumor going for University pack, I think they can pull out a surprise.

Romance could get something (I'd really like some kind of dating system and some new interactions) but I doubt that'd ever be large enough for an EP. And, in a similar situation, I think Generations is out of the question for an EP (as it was somewhat touched in Parenthood GP and thus it'd be another GP). More hobbies would be nice but I think that'd be a GP material as well. Unless they'd go with Generations + Hobbies in one go.

Farming, as much as I like the idea, is something that faces far too many technical challenges to come after IL and the work put into making oceans in just one world interactable, not to mention the need of large lots (which are lacking so far) and larger+more meaningful space between those lots because even 64x64 is far from enough for a real farm.
    I like fantasy and a bit of Sci-Fi. Want to know what I'm reading?
    I also like wandering the hills.
  • Options
    University
    I think there is an outside chance we could get a futuristic/space pack. Grant mentioned this at least a year ago when people were asking him about returns of old packs. It's entirely possible they throw in something new, since IL is somewhat related to Island Paradise and RoM will return more magical beings. Perhaps the next EP will be something entirely new. Perhaps the team want something different to work on, it must be dull recreating the same things repeatedly.
  • Options
    amber_ilumireamber_ilumire Posts: 1,714 Member
    University
    LMcGE wrote: »
    It's entirely possible they throw in something new, since IL is somewhat related to Island Paradise and RoM will return more magical beings. Perhaps the next EP will be something entirely new. Perhaps the team want something different to work on, it must be dull recreating the same things repeatedly.

Whether or not it's the next pack, I very much hope we get something totally new and fresh at some point, just like Into the Future and Island Paradise was for TS3. Whilst we all still want to see our favourite aspects of the older series recreated into TS4, it'd be refreshing to be able to explore something with totally new content.
  • Options
    LustianiciaLustianicia Posts: 2,489 Member
    University
    'University' is most likely going to be the next expansion pack... unless, of course, EA wishes to experience a massive backlash. At this point, University is the most demanded expansion pack from fans. It would officially confirm how oblivious EA is if they don't release University next.

I feel like 'Farming' and 'Free Time' would be better fit as game packs... and a 'Showtime' pack is likely to never happen (since 'Get Famous' is implied to be Sims 4's version of it)... and I definitely hope we never see an 'Into The Future' pack ever again... I honestly feel like that was their laziest expansion pack to date. I truly think they only created that pack just for the sake of grabbing some last minute cash for The Sims 3 iteration. In my opinion, 'Into The Future' is the most useless pack ever made in The Sims (with the exception of 'My First Pet').

Favorite Packs
    Sims 1: Hot Date
    Sims 2: Seasons
    Sims 2: Happy Holiday Stuff
    Sims 3: Seasons
    Sims 3: 70's, 80's, & 90's Stuff
    Sims 4: Seasons
    Sims 4: Paranormal Stuff
    Sims 4: Strangerville Game Pack

78MB6Gb.jpg
  • Options
    mikamika Posts: 1,733 Member
    University
    I am 99.9 1/2% sure it will be University.
  • Options
    University
    Since people are already complaining the the RoM trailer isn't for University, please just let it be next so we can get it out of the way, then hopefully they will be satisfied.
  • Options
    IrdiwenIrdiwen Posts: 574 Member
    University
    I’m hoping for University or something like that, but Farming would be cool too.
    Simmer since 2000! Sims 1, Sims, 2, Sims 3, Sims 4. Legacy player at heart.
  • Options
    SimburianSimburian Posts: 6,914 Member
    Farming
    I just hope Maxis doesn't re-iterate old ideas from previous packs and does something completely new to us. It's getting so much backlash because of so called copying and taking easy options. They cannot win can they unless they break away from old iterations?
  • Options
    ashcrash19ashcrash19 Posts: 4,407 Member
    Farming
    Hoping for Farming but will probably be University since it's so highly requested. I definitely feel like they've been playing around with animal models though.
    "Not All Who Wander Are Lost"-Tolkien
    Origin ID: simaddict1990
  • Options
    keekee53keekee53 Posts: 4,328 Member
    University
    If it is anything other than University, there may be a revolt.
  • Options
    TheIntrovertSimmerTheIntrovertSimmer Posts: 641 Member
    Farming
    and i oop.
    y'all got bread?
  • Options
    TheIntrovertSimmerTheIntrovertSimmer Posts: 641 Member
    Farming
    for now, i'm kinda basing this on facts and solid factors i guess.

as we all know, simgurugrant tweeted a few voting polls regarding possible new features and lifestates back in 2018. we had something about voting on occult life states, new stair types, and surprisingly farming as a new expansion.

the witches and mermaid lifestate were topping the voting polls.

now that we got watered-down water thriving mermaids and a wide array of witches and wizard of all sort in real of magic. that is two down and two way to go. and a sims fansite has confirmed an 8th expansion is coming this 2019. so my bet is on farming and not univeristy cos why?

the said features are finally being delivered. a university themed expansion suits best on graduation season, perhaps on June 2020, a school themed pack releasing on christmas kinda sounds silly .who would have thought that Get Famous was released on christmas and not Island lving.

im have nothing againts university although im just more excited for a country side farming gameplay i guess, however, i truly don't see university coming anytime sooner.

i know university in on high demand till this day but the polls speak to themselves. this university hype train has happened after the polls so initial decisions might have not changed.

and. here's my conspiracy theory.

Get Famous was developed for at least 5 months only cos back in June 2018. YouTuber Hatsy has uploaded a Sims Machinima about a famous sim that has garnered so much traction and gained 14 million views and that's free but big marketing move for EA and they were aware of this, so, to do something about the hype, they quickly decided to develop a full expansion centered around fame and celebrity and want to rush it a soon as possible hence the underwhelming size of DSV and a lot of absent features.

anyways, that's the tea.
    y'all got bread?
  • Options
    Something else
    ...who would have thought that Get Famous was released on christmas and not Island lving...

Well, that's exactly the reason I think farming pack would be a better fit for a summer release.

As for the polls, yes, features take a long time to develop. We've got a simplified taste of OTG already but it's far from real OTG (no solar panels or water wells, for example).
    But, even if the polls would be a nudge... we don't know how many things were on the schedule before those polls - and weren't made yet. It's not such an issue for SPs (which are small and can be probably squeezed into an existing schedule) and maybe not even for GPs which are lighter on new gameplay mechanic (and I think the backbone for all supernaturals will be similar) but for EPs, especially if it was something completely different as farming... that might take much longer than a year. Plus, something as farming would require massive world because you just can't build a farm on a small lot (so a lot of at least a bunch 50x50 lots would be necessary, and several 64x64 - some pre-built, some free) - which means the landscaping of the subzones would be equally larger. Then, the actual features, if they were something truly interactable instead of a bee box but with chicken/pigs/whatever. Not to mention if horses were added to the mix or an alternative energy/water source for more realistic OTG (the mentioned solar panels and water wells)...

University, on the other hand, is a topic many people would like and should be much simpler to execute - so it could be developed faster and buy the time for something larger. As there already was a pack with some technical challenges (swimmable water in IL), I doubt Farming would follow after that.

As for stair types... yes, RoM is a good fit for spiral stairs. However, Island Living was a good fit for ladders - and we did not get them. Good point is that spiral stairs are probably the easiest to make of the four options - the others would either face challenges due to different wall heights (to the point there might need to be three different sets of single stair look for each of the wall heights) or with adjusting the way the game processes levels to make the landings (which required a lot of shenanigans back in TS3 which had way looser restrictions in that matter).
  • Options
    MorkovkaMorkovka Posts: 662 Member
    University
    University or Farming, but I agree with Farming being more suited for release in Spring.
    Winter World should be a game pack I believe (vacation world).
  • Options
    doogeriedoogerie Posts: 765 Member
    University
    it's got to be universty it's what everyone wants
  • Options
    Something else
    doogerie wrote: »
    it's got to be universty it's what everyone wants

Not "everyone" - even if the only reason why not everyone was me - but a large part of the forum-going part of the community, yes.