Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Guess the theme of EP08 (Nov./Dec. ?) !

Comments

• Options
    GordyGordy Posts: 3,022 Member
    Farming
    What I expect: University. Or maybe it'll be something not many people care about, and that's why they didn't hint at it at EA Play. (Aside from coming in another quarter.)

What I want: Farming. I desperately want Showtime too, but we just got Get Famous. I also want Free Time, especially if they have predestined hobbies. Into the Future would be real fun, though I don't think Sims 4 would handle the concept too well.
    TS1_dragons_hatching.jpg
    The Sims 4 hasn't introduced a new musical instrument since 2017
  • Options
    cheescaekscheescaeks Posts: 902 Member
    University
    Whoa. Looking at those results, the next EP had better be University...

I think there have just been too many hints pointing in that direction. The fanmail in GF, the term paper writing action in the Freelancer update, the Strangerville flag decor that looks like university decor.

I dunno. Just a gut feeling.

the university hints in the new 2019 default sims too
  • Options
    SERVERFRASERVERFRA Posts: 7,127 Member
    University
    There's been alot of hints that University is coming up. I hope they introduce Educations for all ages and a new world based on the Xmen School, Harry Potter Academy, and Community Colleges, High Schools, Elementary Schools & Adult Education Programs.
  • Options
    PlayerSinger2010PlayerSinger2010 Posts: 3,267 Member
    University
    cheescaeks wrote: »

I think there have just been too many hints pointing in that direction. The fanmail in GF, the term paper writing action in the Freelancer update, the Strangerville flag decor that looks like university decor.

I dunno. Just a gut feeling.

the university hints in the new 2019 default sims too

I totally forgot about those.
  • Options
    ChadSims2ChadSims2 Posts: 5,090 Member
    University
    I don't want it so I expect University to be next.
    Sims 4 went from "You Rule" to "One of the stories we want you to tell"
  • Options
    s_stutlers_stutler Posts: 380 Member
    Something else
    I think we'll get University. There have been too many hints toward it.

But. I am hoping for a Generations type pack myself. I miss Bachelor/Bachelorette parties. The ability for the game to recognize anniversaries again.. My Toddlers have "play dates" but.. what do my kiddos have? Void Critters? LOL. I miss sleepovers. It would be cool for them to have playdates too. Elders are always forgotten! (they could use some shuffle boards, some canes, some ability to pass on knowledge... on kiddos or recipes. A will that allows them to pass their money or house or pets on.. ) - And please, for all that is well and good, don't forget to #FreeTheBabies !! ... I HATE that my babies are tied to their bassinet. I HATE that they can't go for a walk in a stroller, be put in a bouncer, lie on the floor on a play mat, or do anything really. I would love to see an update to the babies. The option to place them on the floor, under a mobile.. them having pajamas or a little sleeper on. The ability to decorate an actual nursery.. place them on the floor, and eventually, they can roll over.. grab their toes, reach for their mobile (like TS2) ... So much is still needed in my game.

But. If the next pack is University, i've been waiting for that one too!
  • Options
    friendlysimmersfriendlysimmers Posts: 7,546 Member
    Something else
    i would go with a retro ep 1950 to year 2000 with retro furniture retro appliances retro clothes ect
    If you went the sims5 to remain offline feel free to sign this petition http://chng.it/gtfHPhHK please note that it is also to keep the gallery

Repose en paix mamie tu va me manquer :

1923-2016 mamie :'(
  • Options
    NicoleaNicolea Posts: 48 Member
    University
    I know everyone wants university including me but I’m starting to believe it could be generation let’s think about it how can they just make university when we don’t even have a basic school system in place like in the sims 3 that I believe came with generations then they follow it up with the sims 3 university I want university but I also want more family fame place prom, family reunions, graduation etc.....
  • Options
    IvyeyedIvyeyed Posts: 358 Member
    edited August 2019
    University
    Hoping it's a general education pack and not just Uni, but regardless I would be shocked if University isn't what's next considering how long it's been requested.
    Sometimes I stream.

This EA account is shared between two longtime roommates. The one most likely to be writing here is me, the taller of the roommates, whose opinions do not always represent the opinions of the shorter roommate.
  • Options
    invisiblgirlinvisiblgirl Posts: 1,709 Member
    Into The Future
    Not really what I want, but I'm sort of expecting something like it. They've been fairly busy this year, and University might be a bit too involved. I think we're more likely to get a winter world as a vacation game pack, and hobbies could also be a game pack.
    I just want things to match. :'(
  • Options
    PixellamaPixellama Posts: 31 Member
    Into The Future
    im feeling either university or into the future?? idk, either way no bad comments on the revelation day! i dont enjoy seeing a brand new pack announcement and most of the comments being about university or how no one asked for the pack.... the work developers put into the pack must be valued and each pack fulfills the wishes of a part of the community!
  • Options
    ddd994ddd994 Posts: 418 Member
    University

Well the title of this thread is Guess which pack is next, not which pack do you want next? Just saying..

I only voted university, as the rebrand already looks like a uni style pack anyway. Like other people have mentioned there’s obviously an emphasis on young adults, so it would make sense for that to drop in the near future. Do I want university? More young adult specific gameplay? Hmmm.. I wouldn’t say no, but there’s other areas of the game I’d rather see expanded on.

• Options
    GrumpyGlowfishGrumpyGlowfish Posts: 2,208 Member
    University
    Yeah, I also voted University because I honestly think that's going to be it based on the latest "hints" (the rebrand's focus on young adults, and university even being mentioned in one of their bios). Besides, Pets released in 2017, Seasons in 2018, now we have 2019, and only one member of the trinity of highly requested EPs is still missing. It would make sense.

If you asked me which of the poll options I personally want the most, it would be the winter world.
  • Options
    SimmingalSimmingal Posts: 8,960 Member
    edited August 2019
    Winter World (Yeti costume is a hint ?)
    calendar in IL shows snowy mountains so that is one thought

its also very "christmas" theme so makes most sense

freetime would be great too tho like i can see trailer in my head "buy your kids new hobby items *sparkle sparkle* "

just don't really see university as christmas theme so i feel it will release sometime next year
    ⭐️ AHQ Champion 🦇 Vlad Advocate 🐉 Team Dragons
    🏡 Gallery 📖 Stories 🌍 World Project 🥔 MOD/CC Free
  • Options
    PlayerSinger2010PlayerSinger2010 Posts: 3,267 Member
    University
    Simmingal wrote: »

just don't really see university as christmas theme so i feel it will release sometime next year

University is incredibly popular among the long-time simmers. That alone makes it a good pack to come out around Christmas. Just because it doesn't fit a winter/holiday theme doesn't mean it doesn't make sense from a marketing standpoint.
  • Options
    cheescaekscheescaeks Posts: 902 Member
    University

the other expansions that came in november had no christmas theme either, its entirely separate. they're released just for the sales.
  • Options
    SimmingalSimmingal Posts: 8,960 Member
    edited August 2019

University is incredibly popular among the long-time simmers. That alone makes it a good pack to come out around Christmas. Just because it doesn't fit a winter/holiday theme doesn't mean it doesn't make sense from a marketing standpoint.

not saying it isnt popular but the thing is university will sell no matter the time of year there is no specific reason it should be released at winter and i just see more possibility of it being something else since theyd want to take advantage of christmas sales to sell less sure sell pack

i mean ppl were screaming for witches for years and it took them 3 years anyway so i dont believe its based on popularity as much as people think it is
    ⭐️ AHQ Champion 🦇 Vlad Advocate 🐉 Team Dragons
    🏡 Gallery 📖 Stories 🌍 World Project 🥔 MOD/CC Free
  • Options
    HimRumiHimRumi Posts: 1,444 Member
    University
    Universityyyyy
  • Options
    KaronKaron Posts: 2,332 Member
    I woud love to say Winter World, but its probably Uni (not that i'm complaining, but i want an ice/cold/freezing world).
  • Options
    amber_ilumireamber_ilumire Posts: 1,714 Member
    University
    I'm hoping for University or a newer version of Freetime so bad. My guess is University. It's kind of a key game in the series now and we've gone so long without it.
  • Options
    RouensimsRouensims Posts: 4,858 Member
    University
    i would go with a retro ep 1950 to year 2000 with retro furniture retro appliances retro clothes ect
    This would be wonderful.
    Ooh Be Gah!! Whipna Choba-Dog? Whipna Choba-Dog!! :smiley:
  • Options
    RouensimsRouensims Posts: 4,858 Member
    University
    s_stutler wrote: »
    Elders are always forgotten! (they could use some shuffle boards, some canes, some ability to pass on knowledge... on kiddos or recipes. A will that allows them to pass their money or house or pets on.. )

They can already pass on recipe knowledge. My adult had the option to share a recipe with his daughter tonight, and she gained cooking skill from this! I hadn't seen this before tonight.

Ooh Be Gah!! Whipna Choba-Dog? Whipna Choba-Dog!! :smiley:
  • Options
    jcp011c2jcp011c2 Posts: 10,861 Member
    University
    Definitely thinking University. After Pets and Seasons themes it's generally seemed to be the most requested in both 3 and 4. They'll want a solid hit for the holiday season sales. I think Farming will come eventually but is not as sure of a hit. Plus all the hints even though they claim they don't put hints in the game. So University it is.
    It's kind of sad that I have to point out that anything I say is only just my opinion and may be a different one from someone else.
  • Options
    LquinnLquinn Posts: 385 Member
    University
    I think University would be awesome, but I play a rotational play, and depending on how it is done, it may interfere with my time line.
  • Options
    friendlysimmersfriendlysimmers Posts: 7,546 Member
    Something else
    i remember from sims2 sims3 to me as a player uni was the most boaring expansionpack and for sims4 if the young adult sim has a family they need to put move the whole family if the mom or dad has to take course on a uni lot. I apoligze in advance for my honest opinion here
    If you went the sims5 to remain offline feel free to sign this petition http://chng.it/gtfHPhHK please note that it is also to keep the gallery

Repose en paix mamie tu va me manquer :

1923-2016 mamie :'(