Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Where do your vampires live?

Atreya33Atreya33 Posts: 4,429 Member
I recently finally got a chance to create a sim with the questionnaire and to my great surprise it is possible to create a vampire with pre set traits and skills. I haven't played with vampires in a while but want to give it another go. I'm starting a new save for her and plan to add the noble vampires from the trailer to this save as well. (my own updated version in this case)

The big question is where will this vampire live. So far all my vampires lived in forgotten hollow as it feels like their natural habitat, with the advantage of less sunlight than other worlds. I want to try a different surrounding this time but can't figure out which one. So here is my question :

In which world do your vampires live?

Which worlds do you find suitable? What are your experiences with vampires in other worlds?
Post edited by EA_Cade on

Where do your vampires live? 117 votes

They all live in Forgotten Hollow
17%
bshag4lvjulienrob2004IceyJBlkBarbiegalMartinvrudolphaIsb917luthienrisingSimplyJentaydevscotyard802WolfNateFelicity1169adele_katryttu3kLivinitylogionKathesaurBeliMorkovka 20 votes
Most live in Forgotten Hollow
34%
Kita5399lisamwittAlrynnKementariCeres_MeirionaMindofyAngelluluVuloriKalaniCoolPinkHairGuitarpajamajam07Glimmer50JACKIEJOYphantasmkissCrownSimsSiliClonebeautimousRedShoe7FanPhoriamika 40 votes
Most live in other worlds
35%
LaBlue0314kippy300overonMjstsmPMagdaleenaTheSpeakerEchovaLissyK9Zeldaboy180XxAirixXannaliese39MaggieMarleyQueenMercyKathykinsMasonGamerdeadncrispyStutumLiELFmusteniSkosalg 42 votes
None live in Forgotten Hollow
12%
haneulBluelleSxcDannii202gamekittenBabykittyjadefloridameerkataffleck11policeofficerswifecoolsim9999999simesmerizedCupidpoltergeistThemrsg4422amber_ilumireLexiBai 15 votes

Comments

• Options
    MaggieMarleyMaggieMarley Posts: 5,299 Member
    edited August 2019
    I have some in Forgotten Hollow but it’s only a small world and I play generationally so there’s not enough room there for all my vampires. I also have vampires living in Oasis Springs, Windenburg, San Myshuno and Sulani.

I give all my vampires full sun resistance as soon as they have enough points so there’s no world which I’d say is more or less suitable. I just go for what world fits their personality and storyline.
  • Options
    XxAirixXXxAirixX Posts: 2,567 Member
    Forgotten Hollow is too small and I have a whole group of Vampires in my game, so most really don't have much of a choice but to live in other worlds. That is why I want another similar world.
  • Options
    The main reason why I want to try other worlds for them is the small size of Forgotten Hollow.
  • Options
    Dragonfire2lmDragonfire2lm Posts: 158 Member
    There's a sound bug in Forgotten Hollow (audio isn't as crisp/clear as it should be when you speed up time, resulting in distorted audio) so my vampires live in other worlds.
  • Options
    KathykinsKathykins Posts: 1,883 Member
    Yes, Forgotten Hollow is too small, and usually, by the time I might need more houses, they are taken by townies. Although, I usually live in either the Vatore house or the empty 30x30. I've not had many generations yet, as I'm too busy playing several other households too. Otherwise, my vamps live in any world (although Brindleton Bay is not a fav because of all the sick and dirty pets around).

I've pretty much only played Sulani since release. I'm a tad disappointed vamps can't tan, though, even with "normal" skintones (means they can't do the Beach life aspiration without cheating) :# Although, I guess that makes sense in a way.
  • Options
    annaliese39annaliese39 Posts: 2,797 Member
    edited August 2019
    It depends on the type of vampire I'm going for, their story and personality where they make their 'lair'. My main sim is a good vampire and lives in Brindleton Bay with his family. In his story vampires may feel tense during the day but are otherwise fine in the sun, so he can really live in any world he wishes. He wouldn't enjoy living anywhere dark and cold though - he likes his home comforts and central heating. :D Brindleton Bay is perfect for him since it's quiet and peaceful. He is easily able to blend in and there are no other vampires around. He just wants to live like everyone else with his family in their cosy home by the seaside.

In another save, my vampire's alternate 'dark' personality has taken control due to trauma and become an infamous crime boss and the leader of the vampires, who through him now rule over all the worlds (except Sulani, which is cut off from everything). This means he can and does go wherever he wants. He lived in the Uptown area of San Myshuno for a while, which was the perfect place to reinstate himself in vampire high society and begin his rise to power. He now lives in a luxury home with his wife and their newborn daughter on the island in Windenburg. I really love how beautiful it is there.
    Post edited by annaliese39 on
  • Options
    SiliCloneSiliClone Posts: 2,585 Member
    The ones I play are all in Forgotten Hollow, but that's because
    1. I love it
    2. I modded other people out of it (no walkbies, empty world)
    3. night last longer
  • Options
    It depends on the type of vampire I'm going for, their story and personality where they make their 'lair'. My main sim is a good vampire and lives in Brindleton Bay with his family. In his story vampires may feel tense during the day but are otherwise fine in the sun, so he can really live in any world he wishes. He wouldn't enjoy living anywhere dark and cold though - he likes his home comforts and central heating. :D Brindleton Bay is perfect for him since it's quiet and peaceful. He is easily able to blend in and there are no other vampires around. He just wants to live like everyone else with his family in their cosy home by the seaside.

In another save, my vampire's alternate 'dark' personality has taken control due to trauma and become an infamous crime boss and the leader of the vampires, who through him now rule over all the worlds (except Sulani, which is cut off from everything). This means he can and does go wherever he wants. He lived in the Uptown area of San Myshuno for a while, which was the perfect place to reinstate himself in vampire high society and begin his rise to power. He now lives in a luxury home with his wife and their newborn daughter on the island in Windenburg. I really love how beautiful it is there.

I like your background stories. Thanks for sharing.
  • Options
    SiliClone wrote: »
    1. I love it
    3. night last longer

That mod to prevent walkbies sounds great, and not just for vampires. Can you please let me know what it's called or where to find it?
  • Options
    ChazzzyChazzzy Posts: 7,166 Member
    I don't play with Vampires, so I have regular Sims living in Forgotten Hollow. It's one of my favorite worlds.
  • Options
    LaBlue0314LaBlue0314 Posts: 17,436 Member
    I have vampires in different worlds, including Sulani.
  • Options
    PlayerSinger2010PlayerSinger2010 Posts: 3,267 Member
    They live wherever they want. :)
  • Options
    SiliCloneSiliClone Posts: 2,585 Member
    Atreya33 wrote: »
    SiliClone wrote: »
    1. I love it
    3. night last longer

That mod to prevent walkbies sounds great, and not just for vampires. Can you please let me know what it's called or where to find it?

http://modthesims.info/d/631197/vampires-gated-community.html
    there, I updated it from an old tmex mod.
  • Options
    BusufuBusufu Posts: 1,966 Member
    Currently I have 3 households in Forgotten Hollow, 2 in San Myshuno, 1 in StrangerVille, 1 in Windenburg and 1 Sulani, but that's actually a Mermaid household, but the baby is a Vampire-Mermaid hyprid :).
    Sul Sul!
    On my blog (German) you'll find two completed vampire stories 🦇 and an ongoing ghost story 👻.
    I'm also posting about my I'm surrounded by idi🤪ts! - challenge, in which I've now reached gen 9.
    Thanks for stopping by! 👋
  • Options
    Kita5399Kita5399 Posts: 2,112 Member
    Most live in Forgotton Hollow, but I have 1 in Windenburg, 1 in Del Sol Valley, and I had 1 that lived in San Myshuno (but now is part of the Windenburg household).
  • Options
    StutumStutum Posts: 1,146 Member
    I mostly have my vampire live elsewhere than Forgotten Hollow, however I some times have them (or regular sims) move into the Widowshild Townhome house later on. Lots of space outside, which is perfect for when I want them to build a rocket.
  • Options
    SimmingalSimmingal Posts: 8,963 Member
    that being said i have been thinking of making forgotten hollow into small gothic city lately :sunglasses: building "apartments" rather than usual houses
    think it could look cool and give those townies some reason to be there

keeping vlads house tho
    vlad ain't ready for change
    ⭐️ AHQ Champion 🦇 Vlad Advocate 🐉 Team Dragons
    🏡 Gallery 📖 Stories 🌍 World Project 🥔 MOD/CC Free
  • Options
    FanPhoriaFanPhoria Posts: 1,655 Member
    Depends on the save, but I usually fill up forgotten hollow and then branch out. I try not to have too many vamps in my game, as the don't die so a few can go a long way, especially if they breed or make new vampires. But I'm usually pretty sparing in having them take over the other towns. As for where they end up living, kind depends on the sim? What are your new sims traits and skills and aspiration, if I might ask?
  • Options
    mikamika Posts: 1,733 Member
    edited August 2019
    I have my main ancient ones in Forgotten Hollow, but there are a few in Windenburg and 2 in San Myshuno.
  • Options
    RavenSpitRavenSpit Posts: 1,387 Member
    3 in forgotten hollow
    3 in brindleton bay
    2 in san myshuno
    1 in willow creek
    Gallery ID: ra7orrat

• Options
    GrumpyGlowfishGrumpyGlowfish Posts: 2,208 Member
    Let's see...

1 in Willow Creek (Alexander Goth)
    4 in Oasis Springs
    2 in Newcrest
    1 in Windenburg
    1 in San Myshuno
    4 in Forgotten Hollow
    1 in StrangerVille

Huh? Didn't realise I had at least one in almost every world. But yeah, only four of my fourteen vampires live in Forgotten Hollow. (It is a rather small world, though, and I'm using two of the five lots for a vampire-themed bar and nightclub, respectively.)
  • Options
    nerdfashionnerdfashion Posts: 5,947 Member
    Mostly Forgotten Hollow, but it's not like I've never had a Vampire live in San Myshuno, or Oasis Springs. Next I'm doing Sulani >:)
    funny-gifs20.gif

• Options
    friendlysimmersfriendlysimmers Posts: 7,546 Member
    0 worlds since i do not play vampires and then to use a mod as well to humanize all vampires
    If you went the sims5 to remain offline feel free to sign this petition http://chng.it/gtfHPhHK please note that it is also to keep the gallery

Repose en paix mamie tu va me manquer :

1923-2016 mamie :'(
  • Options
    Thank you all for your input. I now have my first vampire living outside of Forgotten Hollow. She ended up in the old town centre in windenburg. Because the questionnaire gave her the baking skill, she will open up a bakery, one of the features I never tried in sims 4 so far.
  • Options
    Ceres_MeirionaCeres_Meiriona Posts: 5,006 Member
    Most of mine live in Forgotten Hollow because it is one of the few neighborhood spaces that isn't polluted by FX buildings. Most of the stories my sims are living out don't take place in modern settings, so that renders many of the world options incompatible due to the immersion breaking nature of having modern fx buildings in the background of an otherwise medieval or apocalyptic setting. :/
    tumblr_oesik08PQO1vorh5do6_1280.jpg
This discussion has been closed.
Return to top