Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

How Often Do You Explore The Jungles?

13...Next

Comments

• Options
    JeanJean Posts: 1,243 Member
    On release, I explored a lot. Has been a while though, but I've been planning on doing that soon again, like re visit all the older EPs.
  • Options
    Themrsg4422Themrsg4422 Posts: 332 Member
    I played A LOT at first. After a few months I hardly ever went back except to use Salvadorada as a vacation spot, or a place to find hot sims to marry lol.
  • Options
    xstxrrysequencexstxrrysequence Posts: 3,194 Member
    Last time I explored it was when it came out. Haven't even made my sims go to Selvadorada since. I just make them go to Granite Falls for vacation instead, because I like it more.
    image0.gif
    Do you like games that involve strategy? Do you like solving a mystery?
    Come try a Mafia Game!
  • Options
    GordyGordy Posts: 3,022 Member
    Yeah tbh, Selvadorada sucks as a vacation destination if you're not a jungle explorer. You can go to a museum to look at things, drink at the bar, buy jungle-exploring supplies at the marketplace, or stay in your rented home and do the things you'd do at your regular home.

I'm trying to fix it up by adding a Selvadoradian food-based restaurant and some tourist traps, but it's hard because we have so few lots to work with.
    TS1_dragons_hatching.jpg
    The Sims 4 hasn't introduced a new musical instrument since 2017
  • Options
    CK213CK213 Posts: 20,529 Member
    I only send a sim when they really need some serious cash.
    The last sim I sent was Vaughn Noble, because he needed the cash to build a vacation home in Sulani.
    His mermaid girlfriend made the trip interesting as his sidekick:

Vaughn and his mermaid companion are off to Selvadorada. (Jungle Adventures)
    This particular Sulani doesn't mind a little adventure. You would think her world would have some hidden secrets to explore.
    07-01-19_3-25-16nbspPM.png
    And this place is no paradise.
    They are prepared for insects, spiders, and other surprises, but eventually those items run out.
    07-01-19_3-27-45nbspPM.png

It's great to have a mermaid around to remove that uncomfortable moodlet.
    I wish she could do more in moodlet management.
    07-01-19_3-28-59nbspPM.png

I have to say I was really worried about Kala' and dehydration.
    They didn't have any waterfall in a bottle and they were pushing on to find a place they could camp near water.
    07-01-19_4-06-47nbspPM.png

It was a relief when they found it.
    07-01-19_4-13-10nbspPM.png

She was in the red.
    07-01-19_4-15-40nbspPM.png

This was one of those special sim moments.
    07-01-19_4-14-48nbspPM.png

They eventually had to return to the rental house to resupply.
    07-04-19_9-17-13nbspAM.png

Waterfall in a bottle--great stuff!
    07-04-19_8-55-56nbspAM.png

They finally made it to the big treasure.
    07-04-19_9-10-35nbspAM.png

07-04-19_9-11-24nbspAM.png

And since their vacation home is actually a retail store, they can sell those artifacts for more profit.
    "Wow, you braved Selvadorada to get these items. I'll gladly pay you double. It's better than going up against a jungle cat."
    07-05-19_4-20-02nbspPM.png
    Vaughn has big plans. He wants to build a very nice home in one of the other worlds for Kala, and also a nice vacation home with room for the children they will have. They will eventually retire and live in Sulani.
    The%20Goths.png?width=1920&height=1080&fit=bounds
  • Options
    SilentKittySilentKitty Posts: 4,665 Member
    I love Jungle Adventures!! Have only been to the Jungle a few times but it was great :) it has to fit the story and the sims that are going.

Going there again quite soon and this time I’m bringing the tripod for some nice family-pics. Really looking forward to it 🙂
  • Options
    MaggieMarleyMaggieMarley Posts: 5,299 Member
    I’ve been exploring the jungles a lot lately since I’m trying to get all the golden relics. Just one more to go now!
  • Options
    DaepheneDaephene Posts: 1,760 Member
    I replaced all of the lots in the marketplace section with more resort-style places: a spa, a new museum with playground and picnic areas, and a rental building that accommodates large families and has several amenities. I also made the cantina a nightclub with all pub games and a dance floor and karaoke machine. So now I send my families on vacations for a change of scenery now and then.

But I've only made it to the temple once. I enjoyed the experience, but I'm not in a hurry to do it again.
  • Options
    simgirl1010simgirl1010 Posts: 35,874 Member
    I love it also. I've finished the collection but still like to send my sims for weekend visits. Enough time has elapsed that I'd like to do the temple again but so much to do and not enough time. Maybe after my sim has mastered RoM I'll send her back and see if any of her spells and potions come in handy.
  • Options
    akasevenakaseven Posts: 279 Member
    There was a short period that I played and I went so far, now I came back due to the story I created for my legacy, "in theory" the character would be living there, but not quite, coming back now I realized that he is more fun than I imagined, only on the first exploration my sim was cursed, stung by bees and poisoned.
  • Options
    BlkBarbiegalBlkBarbiegal Posts: 7,924 Member
    Last time I played it was when Strangerville came out. The household I was playing then are archaeologists. At other times it's a place for vacationing.
    Me on:
    Twitch jovi_jov
    Twitter BarbieSimmy
    Origin SimsBarbie
  • Options
    Mariefoxprice83Mariefoxprice83 Posts: 8,109 Member
    I love playing archaelogists and jungle explorers. It makes a nice change from family-style gameplay.
    Better to reign in Hell, than serve in Heaven.
  • Options
    lzbthnndglslzbthnndgls Posts: 285 Member
    OMG I loooove going to the jungle. I like to take the whole family and see if we brought enough supplies with us to last and then I set up camp at the National Trailhead Park and It's like Outdoor Retreat on steroids. When I do a lone sim, I try to go through as fast as possible without cheating needs. I've almost unlocked all the blocked off areas too.
    Check out my builds on the gallery by searching my username: lzbthnndgls
  • Options
    MaggieMarleyMaggieMarley Posts: 5,299 Member
    edited September 2019
    I’ve been exploring the jungles a lot lately since I’m trying to get all the golden relics. Just one more to go now!
    Finally got all nine :p