March 15th - It's time for our Friday Highlights! You can check them out here!
Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

What are your must have mods?

Evidently gotta keep it PG here but please tell me what are your must have mods for realism or to enhance your gameplay? I'll go first slice of life is cute and so is meaningful stories. Has anyone tried Have more personality for your sims mod?

Comments

• NRoweNRowe Posts: 7,873 Member
    edited July 2019
    I use MCCC for custom age settings -otherwise lifespans are out of sync in my opinion, Sims don’t live long enough as adults on the default settings to suit me.

I, too, discovered Meaningful Stories. I do adore how my Sims emotions are stable and also kinda more varied.

I have Hide Lot Trait FX, because the lot traits are useful and fun; the floating lightbulbs etc are distinctly NOT.

Those three and I am now trying Sim National Bank {SimRealist//RoBurky}. I have wanted seperate accounts for roommates for a long, long time. I am also looking forward to being able to take a loan/mortgage one day??

Those are ALL my mods. I try not to use too many.
  • MaggieMarleyMaggieMarley Posts: 5,299 Member
    For me, my only absolute must have is MCCC. I need it mostly for story progression without which my game is dead but it also has lots of other neat features,
  • loubyloulouloubyloulou Posts: 4,466 Member
    MC Command Center
    UI Cheats Extension
    Roburky's No Happy Environment
    Roburky's True Happiness
    Bienchen's whimoverhaul
  • 83bienchen83bienchen Posts: 2,552 Member
    edited August 2019
    allwaysstartlotspaused
    happybuffschangedtofine
    woohooacceptanceanimsreplaced
    Post edited by 83bienchen on
    Now now EA, don't be stinking up our lovely lavender bath with your shopping fart. - My TS4 mods - Gallery ID: 83bienchen
  • SimAlexandriaSimAlexandria Posts: 4,845 Member
    I actually hated slice of life and meaningful stories lol. I tried them twice and both times deleted them after a few days. But I love mccc and really really love most little ms sam mods. Almost my entire mod folder is hers. Also I use a better mourning mod so that Sims mourn an acquaintance less than their own children
  • DeadInsid3_plur2EDMDeadInsid3_plur2EDM Posts: 44 Member
    I also have the sims dating app by lilmssam it's cute i like it it's an easy way to meet people if you don't feel like going all over the community to talk for hours to finally get them to start to like you and downloaded the spend a weeekend too where you can send your kids away for the weekend so you can actually get a break. Feel free to message me with any other mods that are good that may not be suitable to discuss in a thread im all ears!
  • nerdfashionnerdfashion Posts: 5,947 Member
    UI Cheats and Scumbumbo's Pregnancy Mega Mod, as I play a lot of stories with a specific child gender in mind.
    funny-gifs20.gif

• JtheVetJtheVet Posts: 6 New Member
    Any terrain replacement mod (and I am about to lose it because I have yet to find one for Sulani/Island Living)
  • DeadInsid3_plur2EDMDeadInsid3_plur2EDM Posts: 44 Member
    @JtheVet what exactly is that? Sorry to sound naive I only download like game play mods.
  • SharoniaSharonia Posts: 4,853 Member
    - MC Command center for various settings that make my game play more enjoyable. Not story mode though.
    - Meaningful stories because it tones down my sims emotions and makes them more realistic. Sims being happy from furniture is weird to me.
    - Less City Living & Island Living names mod. This one needs no explanation. I just don't like all the weird foreign names.
    - LittlemsSam AntiFear Training Pets. It annoys me that pets are scared of everything.
    - LittlemsSam Pregnancy Overhaul No Pregnant Walk Style. I hate the way sims walk when pregnant, it's ugly and not realistic.
    - LittlemsSam Auto Wash Clothes. It bugs me that sims won't turn on the washing machine or dryer automatically after loading.

• JtheVetJtheVet Posts: 6 New Member
    > @DeadInsid3_plur2EDM said:
    > @JtheVet what exactly is that? Sorry to sound naive I only download like game play mods.

LOL, I don't believe in anyone sounding naive. A couple of years ago, I just found out what mods are and must've lost my mind when downloading...

Terrain Replacement Mods change the look and feel of the overall world around the Sims 4.

The only one I've ever used (well heard about so far) have been this crazy talented person that I can't seem to find anymore since Island Living came out. I've seen their name posted as K-hippie, Blackgryffin, and Tech Hippie (I'm not sure if it's one person or a group). If you get a chance just google them (also add "terrain replacement sims 4") and they are usually the first ones that pop up!