Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Sims 4 Base Game Update, let’s chat

Okay so Ive been gone a little bit and unplugged from the sims. I just recently got back to the sims forum and I find out there the whole base game look was revamped and they stole stuff from my packs like WHAT. I can’t be the only one who this it look horrible. I know EA is trying to be hip or what ever but the plumbob is awful, I liked my simple green plumbob not whatever this knew flashy awful thing is. To me, Sims 4 will always be the simple blue lettering and the green diamond. I gonna miss you, OG sims characters, guy with green hat, the trucker and his girlfriend, cranky grandma. What you guys think of the new update? It’s to basic and bland for me.

Sims 4 Base Game Update, let’s chat 76 votes

I like the new update
23%
BluegaylewindweaverLaBlue0314storyyPlayerSinger2010Writin_Regsimgirl1010elelunicySindocatmariajane216KathykinsStutumTeslachick2NindlmunroeleTodilooPatriceKimmer 18 votes
I want the old Sims 4 back
36%
CK213IcewolfAlrynnIsb917SimQueenie9AnmirlamoltaziaVuloriLustianiciaphantasmkissSimmerMarsWaytoomanyUIDsYBNS2468OldeseadoggeZazazaSimmerDestin2016Jordan061102poltergeistItsJanierEnderGamer87 28 votes
Meh, I don’t care
39%
Kita5399GalacticGalSikoahGracedanacnbrettSimpatsyannBrokenChaos69JestTruMindofysekojrananastyjmanDillynJamesfallenangel66LindsaySeddon1fiercephoenix91DeKayEnkiSchmidtSheriSim57MDianaSimsxMarianxRedShoe7 30 votes

Comments

• Options
    tulipssimmertulipssimmer Posts: 89 Member
    edited July 2019
    When I talked about the people I meant the old cover of sims 4.
  • Options
    Writin_RegWritin_Reg Posts: 28,907 Member
    I like the new update
    The white to me was too jarring and hurtful to my eyes all these years - and also I am glad it is gone, and like the idea of new Sims getting a start with a bit of a story. So to me the rebrand is very much a win-win.

"Games Are Not The Place To Tell Stories, Games Are Meant To Let People Tell Their Own Stories"...Will Wright.

In dreams - I LIVE!
    In REALITY, I simply exist.....

• Options
    GalacticGalGalacticGal Posts: 28,570 Member
    Meh, I don’t care
    Adding to what Writin_Reg just mentioned, I do wish we could use the new Sims options in an ongoing game save. But, alas, we have to open up a brand new game save. Not only that, but I would love to go through the question process with additional Sims in that family. To my surprise, I got the first Sim done, but didn't get the same opportunity for the additional family members I wished to create. :open_mouth: I think that should be an option.
    You can download (free) all three volumes of my Night Whispers Star Trek Fanfiction here: http://galacticgal.deviantart.com/gallery/ You'll need to have a pdf reader. New websites: http://www.trekkiefanfiction.com/st-tos.php
    http://www.getfreeebooks.com/star-trek-original-series-fan-fiction-trilogy/
  • Options
    PlayerSinger2010PlayerSinger2010 Posts: 3,267 Member
    I like the new update
    The white was boring. I'm glad for the new update.
  • Options
    annaliese39annaliese39 Posts: 2,797 Member
    I'm somewhere between wanting the old back and not caring all that much. I'm not over keen on the solid blue background/writing and a group of YA sims eating cookies doesn't really represent what I love about The Sims, but it doesn't take away from my enjoyment of playing it. I can adjust.
  • Options
    NorthDakotaGamerNorthDakotaGamer Posts: 2,559 Member
    I don't really care, because I had all the orginal characters saved in my library. The new ones are just too PC for me.
  • Options
    ListentoToppDoggListentoToppDogg Posts: 2,103 Member
    edited July 2019
    The should have at least given us an option to continue using the old assests if we wanted to.
  • Options
    SharoniaSharonia Posts: 4,853 Member
    Meh, I don’t care
    I don't really care about the changes. It's just a new look and a few random items from expansions added to the base game. It doesn't affect my game play at all if others have those items without buying the packs.
  • Options
    JosieAnglinJosieAnglin Posts: 591 Member
    Meh, I don’t care
    I literally don't care, lol.
  • Options
    KathykinsKathykins Posts: 1,883 Member
    I like the new update
    Every company does a rebrand from time to time, not just game companies. Its nothing out of the ordinary.

And to be honest, the white was more hurtful to my eyes, I'm glad its gone. Will be even better when they change to a darker blue, though. The plumbob? It looks more like the in-game one now, to me anyway. Just more contrast between the colours.
  • Options
    fallenangel66fallenangel66 Posts: 294 Member
    Meh, I don’t care
    The only thing I don't like is the dev team taking items I paid for separately in an expansion pack and giving it to the base game for free.
  • Options
    EnkiSchmidtEnkiSchmidt Posts: 5,342 Member
    Meh, I don’t care
    The new blue is as bad as the old white, but thankfully I have encountered no vison /migraine problems with either. A thing I like is that they moved the Load Game buttons back to the right side of the screen.

I lowkey hate the 2019 sims. According to their backstories everyone is creative, energetic and living their dream outside traditional career pathes to the inspiration of those around them. Not a single negative trait among them. There is no more space for sims who tried to establish themselves as freelancers, pro-athletes, professional bloggers ot whatnot and failed or are struggling at it (like Johnny Zest and Gunther Munch). There is even less space for anyone who has different values and lifegoals (like Mila Munch).
  • Options
    SindocatSindocat Posts: 5,622 Member
    I like the new update
    It's nice that, after 20 years of increasing inclusivity, we finally actually have a signature same-sex couple in the masthead art. I am not sold on the hue and saturation of The Sims logo at the top of this page, but that is so minor it's not worth a complaint. At worst, I am amused by my dislike for it. It is irritainment. :)

No one lost any content they paid for. Worst case, they got NEW SWATCHES they DIDN'T pay for, for free. Some few clothing meshes, with new textures, were made more widely available. Exclusive DLC content is still exclusive. New options for Base Game are always welcome.

Also, why do we need yet another new topic beating this dead horse? Were the dozen or so existing ones insufficient?
  • Options
    SimmingalSimmingal Posts: 8,963 Member
    I like update overall but what I don't like is taking things out of packs without

1. explanation 2. compensation

at the moment it just seems we all paid for nothing which is not fair the least

I suppose they had to steal that photography to base game because of moschinos fashion photography
    but they really should compensate for the people that bought get to work for the sake of photography
    like at least add us a new skill/ career if you are going to take one out of the pack :neutral:

like overall if you take things out of pack you add things of same value to pack that is only way it is fair for everyone
    ⭐️ AHQ Champion 🦇 Vlad Advocate 🐉 Team Dragons
    🏡 Gallery 📖 Stories 🌍 World Project 🥔 MOD/CC Free
  • Options
    citysimmercitysimmer Posts: 5,950 Member
    Meh, I don’t care
    I dislike the loading screen but that's getting changed so other than that I really don't care
    Proud black simmer 🖤
    MfVGMbL.jpg

• Options
    NorthDakotaGamerNorthDakotaGamer Posts: 2,559 Member
    Personally, I want the Sims 4 that I purchased in 2016 back. There are specific updates that I did not want and ruined the gameplay enough for me to require mods. All I see from the current update is that they are trying too hard to appeal to the PC culture.
  • Options
    PrincipleOfEntropyPrincipleOfEntropy Posts: 389 Member
    Personally, I want the Sims 4 that I purchased in 2016 back. There are specific updates that I did not want and ruined the gameplay enough for me to require mods. All I see from the current update is that they are trying too hard to appeal to the PC culture.

It's inclusivity for some, certainly not for all (especially considering a certain omission from a certain pack) and pandering seems to be working well for them in terms of getting good publicity. Lord knows they certainly need it.
    Madotsuki-Chair-Spin.gif
  • Options
    JestTruJestTru Posts: 1,761 Member
    Meh, I don’t care
    Honestly I haven't played it yet with the new update but I don't care they gave it a makeover. I'm more interested in upcoming packs and bug fixes more than a Sims 4 facelift.
    WbUrFQm.png
  • Options
    StarDreamerStarDreamer Posts: 101 Member
    Not really a fan.
  • Options
    SimpatsyannSimpatsyann Posts: 1,309 Member
    Meh, I don’t care
    It's some artwork and loading screens, not a base game overhaul.
  • Options
    DeKayDeKay Posts: 81,602 Member
    Meh, I don’t care
    Personally, I don't really care about the redesigning, but I'm only a tad bit salty about them taking the packs stuff and putting it to base game, but there's nothing I can do about that.
    My Top Song of the Day: Innocence by Avril Lavigne
    x3vZicL.gif
  • Options
    Kita5399Kita5399 Posts: 2,112 Member
    Meh, I don’t care
    I didn’t love it at first, the new screens hurt my eyes a bit to be honest. Although after having it for a while I no longer really care, I just look at twitter or something on my phone during any loading screens (mine are really fast anyway). I make my own Sims, so I don’t really care about the new ones.
  • Options
    OldeseadoggeOldeseadogge Posts: 5,000 Member
    edited July 2019
    The blue and plumbob hurt my eyes, the icons are a nuisance now, too much space is wasted on 'collection', the pre-school cartoons in the lower right corner are hugely annoying, and the patch overall provides very little, if anything, that is of even remote value to me. A complete waste of time, effort, and resources - regardless of who paid the bill or did the grunt work.

P.S. In a world of constant change it was nice to see the familiar gang of sims characters, whether here on the site or the game itself for all those years. Friends are friends, even if they are just pixels on the monitor screen.
  • Options
    SheriSim57SheriSim57 Posts: 6,973 Member
    Meh, I don’t care
    I don’t really care. We got new swatches which was cool, and I don’t care if they give a few things to base gamers from packs. I’m sure many are people who can’t afford all the Extra packs.... at least they get a few extra’s. I wish they would come out with some more new stuff packs though. I don’t use CC and mods so I love the stuff packs for their extra clothes, hair styles, and objects.